Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Kits - Bite-size packs, big possibilities

Comments

• MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Tbh, after watching the trailer, the "KITS" stuff seems more like leftover content from earlier packs and EA just decided to make extra money off of it by giving it this label. Just notice how slightly dated some of the sport fashion content appears to be and btw, who wants to clean up dust in their game? You would have to suffer OCD to want that, lol. Sims do enough chores. Plus, we already have a robotic vacuum cleaner in the game that's supposed to help with stuff like that. Needless to say, I'll be skipping these packs.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I can dress my Sims in tracksuits? Well, I have given my primary Sim clan Russian names, now they can go full cheeki breeki :D
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    the sims 4 store B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I bought Bust The Dust. My opinion of it as far as 'new' gameplay? Meh. I probably won't buy the remaining two kits even though the cost is five dollars plus a bit of change per kit. I use a lot of CC, and the style of the new assets in Throwback and Country Kitchen doesn't meet the quality of the CC I already have. But for those players who don't like using CC, I can see why these kits appeal to them. And that is a good thing for those players. I'll wait for the content I believe will add to my gaming style rather than play around with content that may end up being more of an annoyance than fulfill my need for something to mess around with while waiting for that new content to arrive. The sparkles that come with having a clean home are going to end up annoying me before too much longer. But that's just me. I dislike distractions that have no meaning. But you have to give the teams some credit for trying to fill that void between new packs. I'd rather fill that void with a new mod to try out, or just play without dealing with updating the mods I do use to make the game more interesting. On a scale of five, I give kits a 2.5 rating.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I may or may not buy the kits (no, I'm not interested; I hate dust bunnies!), but anyone who says at this point EA isn't milking this game is lying to themselves.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • IsariIsari Posts: 69 Member
    Well, it's totally something I would download if these were CC/mods, but they aren't. It's way too expensive for me so I will skip this. Maybe someone will create a CC version of these pretty clothes, who knows?
    Can't believe we finally got a vacuum cleaner B)
    wanted one for the sims 4 so much :)

wonder if we get an ironing board next lol

• cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    I downloaded all 3 kits. I'm absolutely in love with the retro kitchen, it's so cozy. I had so much fun redecorating some of my homes. And the house getting dirty with dust is absolutely fabulous...real life! Dust bunnies?!...they look just like mine! LOL! I love it! The retro clothes are okay but I'm not wowed by them. All in all, I think all 3 kits are great and affordable too.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    the sims 4 store B)

That's basically what it is. These sets are very similar in setup to the types of sets sold in the Sims 2 store.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • TrucchiTheSims4TrucchiTheSims4 Posts: 4 New Member
    I really like throwable pack Waiting For It
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    And now we lost Carl from Carl the sims guides, read the room EA.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited March 2021

Looking forward to 2021 and to see what items come up next. So grabbing everything that appeals to me.

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • LunarIceGoddessLunarIceGoddess Posts: 13 New Member
    > @MadameLee said:
    > the vaccum stuff should have been in the base game, and the country kitchen should have gone with Kitchen pack.

honestly I agree. I don't know why they waited to put it in another pack (kit)
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Oh i couldn't watch it all 😥😥 i did watch the cas and bb ones... so how's the bust the dust? Can anyonr fill me in?
    *i love the cas one!!

Bust The Dust:
    • works with the robot vac from C&D
    • works with maids
    • works with existing traits in game, so lazy sims won't autonomously clean much, slobs won't care if it's dirty, neat sims will be very uncomfortable in dirty environments and be more compelled to clean autonomously, as will squeamish sims, and foodies will find it hard to cook if it's dirty.
    • It can be difficult to woohoo in dirty homes if your sim isn't a slob
    • there are 2 new aspirations
    • kids can earn Parenthood traits for helping vacuum if you have that pack installed.
    • The cleaning bot from Discover University works with the dust system
    • If the environment is really dirty some sims will "rage clean" and gain energy from it.
    • you can turn off dust effects in the current household and just have the vacs for aesthetics if you like
    • You can encourage/demand other sims to clean for you
    • ETA: Vacuums can be upgraded with many features including the ability to work off the grid!
    • Filth Fiends can spontaneously combust if they get angry enough.

That's just what I can remember. If you can watch a replay of the stream I highly recommend it. BTD is the last pack he covers but he goes deep into it. There's not a lot of BB and no CAS but there's a ton of gameplay.

if we turn off dust, can we still get dust bunnies? i honestly think they're adorable.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
    > @MadameLee said:
    > the vacuum stuff should have been in the base game, and the country kitchen should have gone with Kitchen pack.

honestly I agree. I don't know why they waited to put it in another pack (kit)

the vacuum stuff bring a bit of realistic detail :)
    country kitchen in cool kitchen.
    its a completely different style. meant to be providing a fresh style kitchen. like a lot of new kitchen sets. too in there own packs and other styles. this new ones Good. For me

edited March 2021
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    the sims 4 store B)

That's basically what it is. These sets are very similar in setup to the types of sets sold in the Sims 2 store.

yes the sims store was like this. the kitchen <3

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Can we get a driveway and garage "kit" ? Please? That I'd be really interested in.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Bree_The_Simmer3Bree_The_Simmer3 Posts: 8 New Member
    More stuff, ill never get because im broke thanks sims. :/
  • Jwats19902Jwats19902 Posts: 1 New Member
    So I bought and downloaded the country kitchens kit and now when I go on to Origen it says I haven't bought it and when I lode up the game it says items removed I'm not going to buy it again but I want what I bought can anyone please help?
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    Jwats19902 wrote: »
    So I bought and downloaded the country kitchens kit and now when I go on to Origen it says I haven't bought it and when I lode up the game it says items removed I'm not going to buy it again but I want what I bought can anyone please help?

I do not own Country Kitchen, but this is apparently a known bug.

• Avatar1111Avatar1111 Posts: 12 New Member
    I would like to make suggestions for future Kits to use some of those orphaned ideas from the surveys that may have been made and set aside:

1 ) A dance kit packs - 5 dances in pack Couples dances like fox trot, Waltz would be good for Weddings.
    similar pack of singles dancing for the clubs. Please no Chicken dances like the famous Elaine crazy dance from The
    Seinfeld TV show.

2 ) A Kit pack of crafts- Such as the Stained Glass, Sewing/Tailoring and Pottery crafts that we were surveyed about some time ago.

3 ) Science equipment Kit pack - Item objects that can be used in game like table top microscope and small telescopes.

just to suggest a few. Thanks
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    my throwback kit is missing from my library. :/
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    What would be nice is if the dust kit wasn't completely broken...
  • roggekroggek Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 2021
    The only thing that's annoying me is that the Country kitchen decorations should be under Kitchen - > Decorations in build mode, and not as it is now under "Statues"...
    Weird to find the casserole under living room->statues...
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Due to my main laptop being officially dead since late August and because home needs and adjustments have been through the roof, I haven't been able to buy a new gaming laptop for myself, so I've only played The Sims scarcely on my fiancé's computer.

I recently purchased the Snowy Escape EP and the Paranormal SP and I must admit I'm not particularly pleased with the addition of these "Kit Packs". Don't get me wrong, the idea of a one item-based pack sounds alluring because it opens up an ocean of possibilities when it comes to the chosen theme. But it seems to me it's more of way for the company to grab some quick cash for objects and clothes that won't have replayabity or versatility and connection to the other packs. I think I'll wait for a sale.

I'm so happy for those who may have enjoyed a tiny addition to the game and want these packs as a breath of fresh air when the GPs and EPs aren't that much affordable.