Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Care Throwback Meshes Are Recolors?

1235...Next

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes, and I won't repay for a recolor.
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Nope not everyone can get CC, I know people like to forget about that, but console players cant get CC/Mods at all + even if we could it doesnt mean everybody wants to, as it would mean checking for compatability everytime a new update and/or pack comes out, cuz CC/Mods are NOT official content.
    So, if you think "quality" is a like an unfair trump card so is the "I can get this as CC/Mod for free"-phrase.

@RavenSpit No no no, I'm not saying "You can just buy CC". I'm saying if CC creators can make the same quality content then I guess the quality of what EA is offering ain't anything that incredible since it can be replicated by people who don't work in the industry. Because we were talking about quality and I wanted to argue that EA quality items aren't of that incredible quality anyway so even if the quality over quantity arguement is used, it still isn't much to EA's favor imo.
    So yeah different thing I was talking about.

um...I don't see how that negates my point, I'd actually rather have 5 things of great quality than 20 of "so so", maybe I am just different than you in that way.

Well it's not really comparing "would you rather have 5 great or 20 so-so items". I'm just saying if you pay 10$ for just five items, no matter how good EA or others claim the quality is, still it's only five items which then makes you wonder quality aside are five items quantity wise worth 10$. That was just an example to show that sometimes amazing quality still doesn't show something is valued at the offered price and especially with video game items where quality is often not easily noticable I think the other factors are just as important, to me at least.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    No, Because this is a common practice in TS4 and doesn't bother me.
    Not a retexture or recolour, what? Lmao 😆
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited March 2021
    @RavenSpit No no no, I'm not saying "You can just buy CC". I'm saying if CC creators can make the same quality content then I guess the quality of what EA is offering ain't anything that incredible since it can be replicated by people who don't work in the industry. Because we were talking about quality and I wanted to argue that EA quality items aren't of that incredible quality anyway so even if the quality over quantity arguement is used, it still isn't much to EA's favor imo.
    Okay, I misunderstood that one then.
    Still a couple of issues with that logic though:
    1. Just because somebody can replicate the same quality doesn't mean it's bad quality or "not so great".
    Now, as I do not use CC in Sims 4 (on console) and have no idea about how these things are actually made, I can not really judge on that BUT I know there are plenty non-professionals in other creative fields that can also do just as good stuff as some professionals, sometimes even better, I dont think the conclusion here should be "the professionals cant be that good than" but rather that some of the non-profs are just also very good.
    2. I actually didnt even want to debate the quality of the Sims 4 in general, again, I was just reacting to a post saying the time it took to make the items determines the price, which is still wrong.
    Well it's not really comparing "would you rather have 5 great or 20 so-so items". I'm just saying if you pay 10$ for just five items, no matter how good EA or others claim the quality is, still it's only five items which then makes you wonder quality aside are five items quantity wise worth 10$. That was just an example to show that sometimes amazing quality still doesn't show something is valued at the offered price and especially with video game items where quality is often not easily noticable I think the other factors are just as important, to me at least.

sorry I still dont really get what you are trying to say here.
    You mean if something is still overpriced even for the quality it has? well...yeah, that happens alot in video games.
    Never said EA doesnt overprice either btw..
    Again, I wasn't debating that at all, I was all and only about the "it didnt take them long to make so it should cost less"-thing.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Nope not everyone can get CC, I know people like to forget about that, but console players cant get CC/Mods at all + even if we could it doesnt mean everybody wants to, as it would mean checking for compatability everytime a new update and/or pack comes out, cuz CC/Mods are NOT official content.
    So, if you think "quality" is a like an unfair trump card so is the "I can get this as CC/Mod for free"-phrase.

um...I don't see how that negates my point, I'd actually rather have 5 things of great quality than 20 of "so so", maybe I am just different than you in that way.

I mean if i download CC there are some that might not work, they all might not be same quality or same maxis style since every artist has his own style to make cc. Lastly those ccs are not translated to my language. Every EAs item and everything is translated to my own language. I don't wan't to have some things in my language and then some language in english.
    I don't have to translate, i don't have to orginaze my cc folder, i don't have to delete ccs that are not as good or as same style than eas. I'm willing to pay for it.
    Even tho some cc makers are so talented, it won't still be the same as ea made items.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    edited April 2021
    Hey there, FYI: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. I also had to remove several posts because they were against the forum rules - so I'm closing this thread.
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top