Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

yay bunk beds are coming

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Everyone else is talking about how bunk beds will be great for their family play and what a great space saver they’re going to be and I’m over here like ‘I can’t wait to build my spaceships, prisons and military camps’ :lol:

Exactly. Disneyland has a Star Wars spaceship hotel and it features bunk beds. For all we know, this upcoming pack could be Journey to Batuu 2.0.

When they say "coming to base game" it means it will be patched in, and anyone who owns just the base game will have it. So even if we just get one style and other styles come in future packs, there will be at least one bunk bed style completely for free.
    #Team Occult
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    As long as bunkbeds work. I'm sick of that bug where sims are close together then they all suddenly "snap" out of place.

They are not going to work correctly. I mean, its a lot of work, doing the animation of the sim climbing the stairs and what not... if we already have unfixed problems with bed paths, or sims doing weird things at all times, i cant imagine how this new addition will make things even worst lol. Because of course, i also assumed that there will be a complete set of animations for this, if not.. its a pointless addition.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm only disappointed that I have to wait until the end of March because I could use them now! My Sim's are now a family of 4 becoming 5 maybe living in a tiny house on a 20x20 lot and I really don't wanna have to build an upstairs.

I also hope that toddlers will be able to sleep in the bottom bunk.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Not to be "that person" but CC creators already made bunk beds possible so while I am excited for those who haven't gotten to try them out for me it just feels like just another thing EA was going to let go by the wayside until CC creators showed it was possible. Maybe with modders figure out how to get babies out of those bassinets then we'll get that update as well lol.

Although I appreciate that modders created functional bunkbeds for those who wanted them, personally I was never a fan of the CC because the animation didn’t seem to be properly implemented nor of a high standard.

Therefore I believe it’s great that bunkbeds will officially be a added to base game. Both for those on console who’s system doesn’t support cc, and those who appreciate content produced at a professional level. Better late than never.

Like I said I'm happy for those who don't use CC. My frustration comes from the fact that EA is making a total joke out of the community in refusing to do things or saying they "can't" be done then went CC creators do it all of a sudden EA wants to add it to the game. Also let's not act like EA has high standards with this game, if they did we wouldn't be having the bunk bed conversation 7 years after release nor would we always have a laundry list of consistent glitches within the game itself.

the ea bunk beds or going to be better that not to say that cc is bad its just the people have more tools and went to school to learn how to do
    what they do @charmed4life4

The Guru’s aren’t the only people that went to school for game design and you also don’t have to go to school to learn how to code and such. There are free resources online. I don’t know her situation; but PandaSama’s bunk bed with climbing animations are the closest thing to real bunk beds we’ve gotten. That took a long time to make; let’s not diminish her hard work just because she might not have “gone to school” for it....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I would not mind if all bunk beds versions were based on old meshes. I hope we'll get at least 3 versions, but most likely one with the patch and more with a future pack. I know my science center at Sulani will get bunk beds - it will double their capacity :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2021
    Not to be "that person" but CC creators already made bunk beds possible so while I am excited for those who haven't gotten to try them out for me it just feels like just another thing EA was going to let go by the wayside until CC creators showed it was possible. Maybe with modders figure out how to get babies out of those bassinets then we'll get that update as well lol.

Although I appreciate that modders created functional bunkbeds for those who wanted them, personally I was never a fan of the CC because the animation didn’t seem to be properly implemented nor of a high standard.

Therefore I believe it’s great that bunkbeds will officially be a added to base game. Both for those on console who’s system doesn’t support cc, and those who appreciate content produced at a professional level. Better late than never.

Like I said I'm happy for those who don't use CC. My frustration comes from the fact that EA is making a total joke out of the community in refusing to do things or saying they "can't" be done then went CC creators do it all of a sudden EA wants to add it to the game. Also let's not act like EA has high standards with this game, if they did we wouldn't be having the bunk bed conversation 7 years after release nor would we always have a laundry list of consistent glitches within the game itself.

the ea bunk beds or going to be better that not to say that cc is bad its just the people have more tools and went to school to learn how to do

The Guru’s aren’t the only people that went to school for game design and you also don’t have to go to school to learn how to code and such. There are free resources online. I don’t know her situation; but PandaSama’s bunk bed with climbing animations are the closest thing to real bunk beds we’ve gotten. That took a long time to make; let’s not diminish her hard work just because she might not have “gone to school” for it....

I wasn't diminishing anyone hard work I said there work was good and ea still has more tools to use and yes some people may have gone to school to mod but I can guarantee you the people working on the game did go to school to learn it and it really helps
    I'm sure the moder will be glad for the bunk beds being in game please do not accuse me of diminish peoples work @AquaGamer1212
    I would never do that just because I think the ea will be better because they have more to work with does not mean I think the cc bad
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I have a couple of rental houses that could use bunkbeds but otherwise my sims don't really need them. I am more curious to know what theme the pack has.

This has me also wondering the theme of the pack that ties into bunkbeds being included in an update. I'm pinning my hopes on any kind of pack that updates all the relationships within the game. Family relationships and romantic relationships. I have my fingers crossed for something along the lines of Generations. And as far as bunkbeds finally being added, it's about time!! I have been using CC ones for a year or so now, and the newer ones do have better animations than the older versions. But having a variety of styles and functionality is always welcome.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member

I agree. The fact she isn't an EA employee shouldn't take anything away from the fact her hard work made it possible to have bunkbeds with proper animations long before EA. Funny how often a clever CC creator beats EA to the punch then that creation suddenly makes an appearance in some update or pack. Just sayin'. ;)
    lets not disrespect peoples work because they work at ea this is meant to be a happy thread
    many of the people who play the game don't use mods
    and they have to get the okay to put anything in the game moders do not

edited March 2021
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I'm only disappointed that I have to wait until the end of March because I could use them now! My Sim's are now a family of 4 becoming 5 maybe living in a tiny house on a 20x20 lot and I really don't wanna have to build an upstairs.

I also hope that toddlers will be able to sleep in the bottom bunk.

you could use one of the mods while you wait @Chazzzy people seem to really like them I doubt there will be a bunk for toddlers
    but I have seen a mod for it that uses stairs instead of ladders I don't know where to find it though
    could anyone who knows where to find it please share a link on here for anyone who might want to use it
    I would not mind if all bunk beds versions were based on old meshes. I hope we'll get at least 3 versions, but most likely one with the patch and more with a future pack. I know my science center at Sulani will get bunk beds - it will double their capacity :)

yes I think we'll get lots more bunk beds
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited March 2021
    2d75ecff21774f63f38f84ccdaf0d5aee169a175_large.jpg
    btw the fantasy kids furniture was cutest wish we get some of that one day too
    Really hope we get the version with no bed under too cause honestly thats what i need more personally

space for toys, desk, dresser... anything of choice

and couple bed width be super cool too but well it hasnt been thing in previous games either so probably not gonna be there again

oh and also yes there should be option to have ladder of whichever side of bed you desire

and would certainly love to have at least few different furniture styles for those though my personal favourite would be wooden old style cause well... my houses be old
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Really hope we get the version with no bed under too cause honestly thats what i need more personally

and couple bed width be super cool too but well it hasnt been thing in previous games either so probably not gonna be there again

oh and also yes there should be option to have ladder of whichever side of bed you desire

and would certainly love to have at least few different furniture styles for those though my personal favourite would be wooden old style cause well... my houses be old

Hoping for this too, I'll get use out of twin bunks but being able to have something else under like a desk would be perfect.

I think we might get the kind of bed your looking for later on but I think they went with just basic bunk beds
    for the patch @Simmingal
    me three @Simmingal
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited March 2021

I think we might get the kind of bed your looking for later on but I think they went with just basic bunk beds
    for the patch @Simmingal

yeah... i just wish they have not forgotten and it shall come one day as well even if it doesnt come this time (which i just really wish it did :sweat_smile: )
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

for the patch @Simmingal

yeah... i just wish they have not forgotten and it shall come one day as well even if it doesnt come this time (which i just really wish it did :sweat_smile: )

I bet someone talk about it when they were working on bunk beds :)@Simmingal
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member

I’m not sure where you got the information about a company rep saying that bunkbeds can’t be done?
    I doubt that any dev would say this when bunkbeds have clearly been around in previous installments and mobile games. Perhaps it wasn’t possible at a specific moment in time due to other priorities, plus the implementation may be more complex and therefore takes longer because of the way sims behave in TS 4 i.e. multitasking.

Also, bunkbeds were never a priority at the game’s launch, or even a few years into development. If they were added at launch folks would still be demanding other features such as toddlers and pools and pets and not blink once at the existence of bunkbeds. I strongly believe that right now the company is working their way through the list of most current popular demands and trying to tick all the boxes where possible, while also trying to come up with new, refreshing gameplay elements ensuring that this iteration is not an exact copy of the previous titles.

As for the pile of bugs, It being a life simulator, every new patch is bound to fix few old and introduce many new bugs as long as the game is still in development. I agree that it can be extremely frustrating and tiresome, especially when these old bugs are not being fixed right away and it takes modders to fix certain issues instead.
    But it is also completely unavoidable since similar to the high demands for missing gameplay features, bug fixes have their own priority list. The greater the bug, the higher it is on that list, the longer it takes for the company to fix. Meanwhile some of the smaller bugs are not being replicated and repaired by said company, so a modder will often be quicker to offer a fix.

I’d say this is the downside of any complex life simulator to be produced in the future unless the engine that supports it is perfectly stable and made on a magical island by a wonderfully talented bunch of fairies.

I wasn't specifically speaking about bunkbeds. There have been things the Sims team has said wouldn't happen or ignored until modders and CC creators did it. Is it really worth it to get things we want if they do not work? I think the community would understand if the team focused on fixing many of these bugs over adding things on top of a broken base game. It shouldn't be acceptable that modders are fixing the game before the company does. EA is only going to meet the standards we hold them to and that's why the game isn't as far along as it could be. In being obvious about the lack of caring EA also created a space for other life simulators to come in and do better. EA chose not to put real effort into Sims 4 and 7 years later we are seeing the negative effects of a lazy start. I'm not asking for a magical island or a wonderfully talented bunch of fairies. I'm asking that at bare minimum the game doesn't glitch out when I have a sim go to bed or cook a meal.
    Does anyone know the date for when Bunks drop? I forgot what they said. I'm actually looking forward to playing with them. I want to put some in my dorms and use for maybe asylums and prisons as well. If we ever get some romance and dating improvements/packs I may have a baby boom in my game and the bunk beds will come in handy for smaller homes. :D
    #Team Occult
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Does anyone know the date for when Bunks drop? I forgot what they said. I'm actually looking forward to playing with them. I want to put some in my dorms and use for maybe asylums and prisons as well. If we ever get some romance and dating improvements/packs I may have a baby boom in my game and the bunk beds will come in handy for smaller homes. :D

I don't think they gave a date, did they? Just late March?

thats right

Thanks, I thought they had given a date, no wonder I couldn't find it, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

I wasn't diminishing anyone hard work I said there work was good and ea still has more tools to use and yes some people may have gone to school to mod but I can guarantee you the people working on the game did go to school to learn it and it really helps
    I'm sure the moder will be glad for the bunk beds being in game please do not accuse me of diminish peoples work @AquaGamer1212
    I would never do that just because I think the ea will be better because they have more to work with does not mean I think the cc bad

I see your point but if EA/Maxis knew their game there would not be so many bugs even if they have better tools.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021

As someone who's used CC bunk beds, it's a totally different situation. What makes them hard to create is the animations, the mesh is the easy part. I haven't seen a single CC bunk bed that has the quality of animation that an official bunk bed would need, most of them the sim just teleports up to the top which obviously wouldn't be good enough for an official version.

CC creators haven't come close to the standard of what bunk beds should be in 7 years, so that just shows how difficult they are to animate and create. It's a complex thing to make and we all know how much EA restricts their resources, they've had to work up to bunk beds with ladders into water in 2019, full ladders in 2020 and now bunk beds this year.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

As someone who's used CC bunk beds, it's a totally different situation. What makes them hard to create is the animations, the mesh is the easy part. I haven't seen a single CC bunk bed that has the quality of animation that an official bunk bed would need, most of them the sim just teleports up to the top which obviously wouldn't be good enough for an official version.

CC creators haven't come close to the standard of what bunk beds should be in 7 years, so that just shows how difficult they are to animate and create. It's a complex thing to make and we all know how much EA restricts their resources, they've had to work up to bunk beds with ladders into water in 2019, full ladders in 2020 and now bunk beds this year.

Have you seen Pandasama's? It does have a climbing animation. I have just used the toddler/child one though. It looks fine.