Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sudden mean social storm

plauplau Posts: 183 Member
Hi! I just wanted to check if anyone is experiencing this too. I use mods, and I will test the game to see if it occurs without mods as well, just throwing this out here first.. (Testing without mods might take some time because it doesn't happen a lot).

Whenever I've played with a family with a child or teen, they seem to get bursts of meanness (?) sometimes, while doing certain things together. It has happened while the parents help their teen with school projects, and when parent and child talked to each other right after they had been volunteering. They have a conversation, and I que friendly socials. But the mean socials take over, one after the other, fast, and the only way I can stop it is to cancel the whole conversation. They also do some mischief socials. This is frustrating because there is no indication for them to be mean with anyone. Their relationship bars are full, they are happy, they don't have mean traits (and the children/teens don't have the "mean streak" phase).

Does anyone have the same experience? Any solutions to this problem?

EDIT: Adults do this too, so it does not exclusively happen with children or teens.
Post edited by plau on

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Do you have parenthood installed? It could be a Mean Streak phase
  • plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Do you have parenthood installed? It could be a Mean Streak phase

Yes, I have Parenthood, it's not a mean streak phase.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I don't have a lot of behavior mods, but KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life has had a similar effect at times on my sims. So if you have that, try removing/preventing toxicity (it's under the personality menu for Slice of Life)
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I don't have a lot of behavior mods, but KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life has had a similar effect at times on my sims. So if you have that, try removing/preventing toxicity (it's under the personality menu for Slice of Life)

Thanks for your help. I don't have that mod right now, but I do have some other behavior mods, I'll test the game without those and see if that helps. :)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Do you have the Have some Personality Please mod? I noticed a lot of autonomous mean with that mod shortly before I removed it from my game. I actually removed it cause of the insane amount of mischievous interactions but the mean interactions were also very noticeable.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited March 2021
    i occasionally see the mischief interaction go off in the autonomy have children and teens pushing each other that can either end in a positive friendship score or a negative, i really hate when it happens. you can't catch it because the autonomy puts in place a split second later and the animation runs so you have to let it play out and hope for the best or if you end it early it is sure to hit friendship scores.

That's the closest i've come to such a thing.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    You wouldn't happen to have a version of my Love and Hate mod that is not up to date? It had an issue that I fixed mid december last year where depending on what packs you had installed (particularly appeared as an issue in relation to Snowy Escape), it was unintentionally allowing mean socials.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Do you have the Have some Personality Please mod? I noticed a lot of autonomous mean with that mod shortly before I removed it from my game. I actually removed it cause of the insane amount of mischievous interactions but the mean interactions were also very noticeable.

Yes! I think that was it. I just removed it and testet my game, looks like the mean socials simmered down :D
    Triplis wrote: »
    You wouldn't happen to have a version of my Love and Hate mod that is not up to date? It had an issue that I fixed mid december last year where depending on what packs you had installed (particularly appeared as an issue in relation to Snowy Escape), it was unintentionally allowing mean socials.

No, I don't have your mod :)