Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Kits - Dev Livestream

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
edited May 2021 in Livestreams
Sul sul Simmers!

What an exciting day this is! If you are anxious to find out more about Kits, then please join today's livestream starting at 11AM PST / 7PM UTC! :)

Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    That tee shirt dress is really cute.
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2021
    MICROTRANSACTIONS. Stop with the cutesy name BS. You've added microtransactions to the game.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    Ninja just confirmed the dust system does work with the robot vac from C and D and maids, and you can force visitors to clean!

ETA: also cross pack play-ability with Parenthood, kids can vac and helping clean affects the traits they earn. Base game and other pack traits like lazy, neat, slob, squeamish, and foodie are affected by an unclean environment in different ways.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Was late to the livestream but loving the bust the dust ones ... that is pretty funny with the dust bunnies especially. Also very happy that maids, cleaning bots ect will work. Still want to find out more about that too ;).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Ok, I wasn't really into the dust busting kit, but it looks cute now that I see it. That might be a someday purchase for me.

I just joined a few minutes ago. Have they mentioned yet how often new kits will appear?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Also, I just looked at the kits on the store, and I really wish they would do what they do with all the other pack types and show each individual item that's available in the pack.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Ok, I wasn't really into the dust busting kit, but it looks cute now that I see it. That might be a someday purchase for me.

I just joined a few minutes ago. Have they mentioned yet how often new kits will appear?

They didn't say exactly but they intend them to prevent content droughts so I would guess maybe, once a month?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I love the bust the dust kit! It will be something that impacts the whole game.
    The cas one is so cute!!
    I'm not much into building so i think i'll pass on the bb one, but like the guru said this is to pick and choose and i can def see what i'm more into :)
    Amapola76 wrote: »

They didn't say exactly but they intend them to prevent content droughts so I would guess maybe, once a month?

Update:

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Is it mean that I was hoping the 'step on' interaction would make the bunny squish all over the floor? 😆

I loved it when they got hoovered up.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Is it mean that I was hoping the 'step on' interaction would make the bunny squish all over the floor? 😆

i bout them all cause i got here after the livestream. adulting. i made a new sim and used the new aspiration. the dust bunnies never stood a chance.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited March 2021
    hmm okay so after this livestream i would say:

1.bust the dust
    - yes this i can support its nice for what it is and i like that they made things work cross pack so we can use other cleaning methods than vacuums to bust that dust if our sims are not too fond of vacuums in particular

cause i was bit worried of that
    +bunnies and animations are epic!

seems like fair deal
    2.country kitchen
    - love the theme but i do still wish there was more swatches to those counters given they are main feature of the kit and all...

especially dark wood and unpainted looking swatches would have been appreciated

and i do still feel there could have been cute kitchen appliances too while at it like new microwave,coffee maker or tea maker or such...

the decors are super cute though

but it feels bit like something is just not there...and in a way there is many packs this kitchen would go with though
    3.throwback fit
    - it does seem like items are very detailed and well made and i do think couple of them are cute

but its just the whole crop top focus yet again making me bleh with it

so most likely will not get
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    It’s funny that in English you call them « dust bunnies», in French we call them « dust sheeps ».

i bout them all cause i got here after the livestream. adulting. i made a new sim and used the new aspiration. the dust bunnies never stood a chance.

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It’s funny that in English you call them « dust bunnies», in French we call them « dust sheeps ».

And in German we call them wool mice... Sooner or later, we'll have an entire farm of dust animals!
  • LAI11LAI11 Posts: 7 New Member
    Tbh i like the retro pack but the vaccum pack 1 pound for each vacum and only 5 items? Surely we deserve something else with them.
    We get gameplay too, that’s why there are only 5 items.
    LAI11 wrote: »
    Tbh i like the retro pack but the vaccum pack 1 pound for each vacum and only 5 items? Surely we deserve something else with them.

And in German we call them wool mice... Sooner or later, we'll have an entire farm of dust animals!

here its wool dogs :joy: guess you'll have some of those too
    Which country are you in ?
    Simmingal wrote: »

• Chocaholic523Chocaholic523 Posts: 61 Member
    MICROTRANSACTIONS. Stop with the cutesy name BS. You've added microtransactions to the game.

Like the sims hasn't had those before? I remember the Sims 3 store. Now THAT was microtransactions. And they even had buyable loot boxes. And at least these aren't showcased *in* game. TS3 Store was always shown in CAS and I think maybe build/buy? Which was really annoying, especially if you tend to have impulse control issues like I did when I was 16. I spent almost all my money every paycheck in the Sims 3 store.

If kits are microtransactions, then so be it. But I much prefer these to the ones from TS3. I just checked, and 1000 sims points is $10 dollars. A single, random hat that I clicked on? Cost 100 sim points. $1 for a hat. I'd much rather spend $5 and get vacuums and aspirations or an entire kitchen set.
    Opinions are like a$$holes; everyone has one.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0wSZ0g-hej0eCHccSeLaUA
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member

Haha, wool dogs here too :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited March 2021
    Watching the stream has really helped me to understand a lot about the Bust a Dust kit and the various gameplay aspects. SimGuruNinja did a nice job explaining things I was wondering about. :D
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    It would be nice to get fixes for all the stuff that's already broken !!!!!!!!! Washing machines still rarely work, I see the vacuum being the same way. My sims are still makeing meals and leaving them (at least until they run out of surfaces to place them on) before grabbing ANIMAL CRACKERS to eat so they don't starve. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE STUFF WE ALREADY HAVE, THE GAME NEEDS FIXED BEFORE NEW STUFF!!!!
    Which country are you in ?

Finland :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top