Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The devs also said with the kits that they won't affect the release schedule so it's very likely that another pack could still be coming soon :)
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I actually think the kits are a good idea. I see the money milking, but this could be great nevertheless. It's always such a long waiting time until we get new packs and then there's months and months without any new content.

And if the next pack is something that doesn't fit my playstyle (like Paranormal), then it's nothing for me AGAIN and another few more months of waiting.

So I'll be happy to get some kits I like in the meantime. I'd love for them to throw out 2-4 kits each month for various playstyles, CAS and build/buy styles. I especially like the gameplay kit idea with the vacuumers. Of course these shouldn't cost more than 2,99-4,99$, won't spend more money than that as it's not much content in those. But I love the idea and I hope we'll have some family stuff coming along with the kits.

I don't need to get them all and I certainly won't.
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I actually think the kits are a good idea. I see the money milking, but this could be great nevertheless. It's always such a long waiting time until we get new packs and then there's months and months without any new content.

And if the next pack is something that doesn't fit my playstyle (like Paranormal), then it's nothing for me AGAIN and another few more months of waiting.

So I'll be happy to get some kits I like in the meantime. I'd love for them to throw out 2-4 kits each month for various playstyles, CAS and build/buy styles. I especially like the gameplay kit idea with the vacuumers. Of course these shouldn't cost more than 2,99-4,99$, won't spend more money than that as it's not much content in those. But I love the idea and I hope we'll have some family stuff coming along with the kits.

I don't need to get them all and I certainly won't.

@Dakota88 Agreed. I've just bought two kits but I never bought Tiny Living, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape or Paranormal over the last year because I didn't want them. So you could say I've saved a lot of money due to liking the little things.

Same. I don't have Batuu (who bought that lol) and Paranormal. So I spent 10€ for things I like and I'm glad the kits present content I like! I am sure the kits will explore supernatural content too in the future!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited March 2021
    "Kits are, in a way, just one of the solutions to content droughts – meaning that possibly in the future we will no longer have months in a year when The Sims 4 doesn’t release paid content"

Which means Kits are filling the 4-month emptiness
    There could be a GP or EP coming in March. I am expecting a trailer next week.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    "Kits are, in a way, just one of the solutions to content droughts – meaning that possibly in the future we will no longer have months in a year when The Sims 4 doesn’t release paid content"

Which means Kits are filling the 4-month emptiness

You are probably right, so maybe not until May for the next pack.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    No pack in April, NEVER :p

wi1d8q5yywui.png
    I don’t know who need to hear this, but sweetheart, we got three kit packs, so I suggest that SP19 needs to come, especially generations too, so everybody wants generations for EP.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Looks like Kit Packs will be filling any months where there wasn't packs before.

And they'll get smaller too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

wi1d8q5yywui.png

The three kits shouldn’t be called SP20/SP21/SP22. They’re named that way internally for their convenience. For our purposes they’re definitely not stuff packs (similar to how TS2: Mansion & Garden Stuff is EP9 internally, but nobody would consider it as an expansion pack).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    edited March 2021
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    @elelunicy

Note: In french, Stuff Packs already named Kits from the beginning with The Sims 2.
    LeGarde! I'm from the US. What you think was different, and what I think was different, are everything differences of everything around the world. Besides, I still need a stuff pack number 19, I don't want things to be skipped something else to be released for The Sims 4.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    @elelunicy

Note: In french, Stuff Packs already named Kits from the beginning with The Sims 2.
    LeGarde! I'm from the US. What you think was different, and what I think was different, are everything differences of everything around the world. Besides, I still need a stuff pack number 19, I don't want things to be skipped something else to be released for The Sims 4.

there will be other stuff packs also I'm sure there will be a big pack soon if not next month then close to it @12JEREMIA
    more for sim kids and more drama please

wi1d8q5yywui.png

False. They don't usually release in April but it's not something that's never happened :)

april.png

Also could be late March instead, they've released numerous packs including EPs in the final week of March in the past. 2015 they released a pack in January and then a full EP at the end of March....
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Eh, this seems too good to be true.
    Would be nice tho.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2021
    I highly doubt there will be another pack this month at all. Let alone the next EP.

I bet they will stick to their release window of June for the next EP.

Weren't those 'kits' supposed to fill long gaps between the releases of packs? Why would they announce and release it now if there is a new pack around the corner?

My bet is June for the next EP and that will be the next pack they will release. The next GP will probably be in August/September.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We might get a patch near the end of the month, fixing any new bugs and maybe adding our first couple of bunk-beds... but I don't think we'll be buying anything new this month.

We had better not, anyway...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I highly doubt there will be another pack this month at all. Let alone the next EP.

Weren't those 'kits' supposed to fill long gaps between the releases of packs? Why would they announce and release it now if there is a new pack around the corner?

My bet is June for the next EP and that will be the next pack they will release. The next GP will probably be in August/September.

Normally I'd say your right but something like bunk beds being patched in seems like it would be a pre gamepack or expansion patch. Bunkbeds will come with more swatches in a pack and possibley more styles. We'll probably get a Gamepack Announcement Next Week.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I would like a new game pack before an expansion, and I don't want Generations so I hope you're wrong. No offense to those who do, it's just not my gameplay style. I'd much rather have them create an extensive animal pack with a nature reserve (NOT A ZOO!) so we can have more animals in the game. I would adore that.
    1500x500.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2021
    I would like a new game pack before an expansion, and I don't want Generations so I hope you're wrong. No offense to those who do, it's just not my gameplay style. I'd much rather have them create an extensive animal pack with a nature reserve (NOT A ZOO!) so we can have more animals in the game. I would adore that.

Actually I'd rather the Next GP be on Hotels or a Romance Pack but I'd love a Zoo as well. Regarding Zoos animals would have plenty of space in thier surroundings not just a little space behind bars. Being an animal lover I don't agree with that.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member

Actually I'd rather the Next GP be on Hotels or a Romance Pack but I'd love a Zoo as well. Regarding Zoos animals would have plenty of space in thier surroundings not just a little space behind bars. Being an animal lover I don't agree with that.

We can just agree to disagree. I am an animal lover too, and absolutely not a fan of zoos at all.
    1500x500.jpg
    Zoos could be interesting, but I'd rather have some everyday life gameplay first like Hotels/Romance, Active School, bands&instruments, more sports and Generations...
    edited March 2021
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Normally I'd say your right but something like bunk beds being patched in seems like it would be a pre gamepack or expansion patch. Bunkbeds will come with more swatches in a pack and possibley more styles. We'll probably get a Gamepack Announcement Next Week.

Just imagine they release My first Kids Room Stuff... an SP featuring bunk beds as the gameplay item. Omg.

Seriously, watch them do it.
    Still no announcement, seems unlikely at this stage that they're releasing a pack so soon since there's been no mention or teasing of it.

Still seems very weird to randomly drop bunk beds at the end of March - if theyre not linked to a pack why didn't they make them the anniversary release? I'm speculating that possibly bunk beds will be released as the first teaser of Generations, maybe there'll be something in the item description, and then they'll tease the pack more and announce something a few weeks later for a May release.

After that I'm thinking possibly a hotels game pack in the summer and potentially farming in the fall, but not so sure on that one.