Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's Sims 3 Real Estate

Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
Would anyone like to host an open house and give the forum a tour of your current households home? The last topic like this that I saw died down in early 2019, surely we all have new houses by now. And I think it could be interesting to see how everyone's sims are living at the moment. If you're more just into the building side, your current projects will do if you'd like to share. Share a few or share a lot of pics, but if the latter please do consider using spoilers.

Here is my sims current home...

204 Lakeside Drive, Moonlight Falls( 2 bedroom, 1 bath)
Source is custom world 'Strawberry Fields' by aaronrogers83. I only decorated and planted a garden.

g691JJf.jpg
Current occupants: Callum Young (Father), Joey Young (Father), Adam Young (Son)

First Floor

AXrWnlk.jpg

Second Floor

xywFyyF.jpg

Living Room
V4tlMWB.jpg
Just through the front door sits a small alter to Set, the god of foreigners, to greet and bless guests. There is a warm fireplace and a bookshelf full of books for the bookworms in the family.

1jimK8X.jpg
On the other side of the room sits a blessed sarcophagus of kings and a small alter to 'The Watcher'.

Callum's Study
YMoUqMF.jpg
Callum's study where he pursues his interest in occult magic.

Dining Room
6qUeSaB.jpg
Just a normal family dining room. The portrait on the wall depicts Callum's parents and Callum during his 'rebellious' phase.

Kitchen

vaSwU0k.jpg
Plenty of space in the kitchen.

WQHABr6.jpg
This family frequently makes pizza.

TV Room

NJkvbmy.jpg
dsT1m48.jpg
X0BXfll.jpg
A cozy room for family entertainment.

Hallway
D2RsZIj.jpg
This was just an empty hallway while Callum was working at the cafe in Moonlight Falls to earn a MinusOne Kelvin Refrigerator. One day he apparently managed to steal this arcade game from work. Normally I send stolen items back but this was too funny and that's how this retro hallway was inspired.

DCTE7OA.jpg
A chemistry station.

Bathroom
SvnNe5M.jpg
Just a normal bathroom with all the standard safety features.

Joey's Office
VxNjfSm.jpg
Joey is an author that works out of his home office. He specializes in satire but is also well known for his romance novels.

Adam's Room
bb8o8uW.jpg
WHQAQxy.jpg
Small room but Adam doesn't seem to mind.

Master bedroom
EI1J4er.jpg
This bed is a lot more comfortable than it looks.

eLj6qyn.jpg
I should put curtains here.

Outside
IrU95cf.jpg
Callum's gem cutting machine. There is a WA chest hidden in the tool chest that I can access by clicking near the feet.

gbDV8XO.jpg
The Young family recently grew to include chickens and bees.

Iktp9ko.jpg
The house sits across the street from this 'abandoned' Llama travel station.

So, I hope you enjoyed that and will consider giving a tour of your sims home. :)
Post edited by Satanu_Reeves on

Comments

• Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I love this idea! I must've missed that other topic. It's good to refresh because many folks have their pictures lost during these years. Also, it's great to see other people's houses for ideas. Currently, I've got only one family going on and I'll take screenshots and come back after work today.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @thuggishsplicer Sounds good :)

I've been up too late playing the sims. I hope people share while I'm sleeping.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited February 2021
    Don't get me started on this topic. Former realtor (in real life). I'm going to end up.making More posts in this thread than the "What have you done..." thread.

I did "open.houses" every weekend for six years straight.while I was in real estate. Walked countless buyers and tire-kickers through various listings I had. Wrote up offers. Took buyers around on "lookie" tours to different listings. The whole nine yards.

Ah. Lots of fun. Now I get to see if my marketing is still up to par in my sims game?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Feature Sheet
    539 S. Bend Avenue, University Lands
    For Lease

Screenshot-83.jpg
    Description: 2 BR, 2bath Modified Brick Craftsman (Fully Furnished)

Screenshot-84.jpg
    Screenshot-86.jpg

Enjoy a nice suburban detached home on a luxurious treed lot within the toney foothills of University Lands. This Modified Craftsman home offers two bedrooms and two full bathrooms. Also included is a separated laundry room with washer and dryer. The kitchen boasts a fridge, a stove and a microwave. Also above is a hanging potrack. Attached dining room with wood floors throughout; lino in the kitchen and bathrooms. Living room boasts a corner bar, along with a cozy fireplace, perfect for those cold winter nights. Two three piece bathrooms (toilet, sink, tub) each with a classic claw-foot tub. This house is furnished for easy move-in. Within walking distance to the university and close to amenities (theatre, shopping and recreation) but if you have a vehicle, a detached car garage is available for use. Pet Friendly (two dogs or two cats allowed); University Students, call now before term starts. This won't last.

Screenshot-87.jpg
    Screenshot-88.jpg
    Screenshot-89.jpg
    Screenshot-90.jpg
    Screenshot-91.jpg
    Screenshot-93.jpg
    Screenshot-95.jpg
    Screenshot-96.jpg
    Screenshot-97.jpg

Asking: §1,623/mo (month to month lease)

Contact Brent 🐸🐸🐸🐸-Realtor, Agent 9.15; Re/Max Sims University
    cell: (604)276-2323 (please DON'T call this number in real life unless you want Aluminum Products - they deliver from Richmond, BC).
    email: bmatsushita@remaxsimsuniversity.com
    website: http://remaxsimsuniversity.com/brentmatsushita cropped-Webp.net-resizeimage-1.png:mrgreen:

@EA_Leeloo, can we please have the word censor not censor out Japanese last names? like Matsus-hita?

Oh...freakin' great, I'm going to have to make another Asian sim (in a suit)...so I can have him be the face of Sims Real Estate. :p
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    edited February 2021
    I created a small house yesterday. It's still a W.I.P. since it's meant to be a starter house, but I had to use "free real estate" to get my sims living in it.

50987961873_b15fdcdf2e_h.jpgScreenshot by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

Welcome to Sunny Acres.
    50987961708_15979474ea_h.jpgScreenshot-3 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

The red barn, big enough for two horses.

50988773372_ef81cf237c_h.jpgScreenshot-2 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

The entrance, which needs improvements in the garden department.

50988773517_2ab331fdea_h.jpgScreenshot-7 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

The back of the house with a back door for the trash close to the kitchen.

50988773257_5c361c167e_h.jpgScreenshot-4 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

This is the floor plan. A kitchen, a large room as dining and living, two large bedrooms and a bathroom. I'm considering reducing those bedrooms a bit because they ended up too large. In the future, as the family gets more money, I intend to add a second floor.

Some hightlights:
    The interior isn't fully decorated, but I liked these ideas:

50988773192_0431bf5148_h.jpgScreenshot-5 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

50987961953_7a488c319e_h.jpgScreenshot-6 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I have 2 current homes for sims in my current story.

The first is at 47 Ruby Court and is called Spring Manor. I built it myself. It is a rustic lodge that was left empty for many decades and deteriorated over the years. It is undergoing renovations as the owner's money permits.They recently bought new windows and the house is no longer drafty from the cracked and broken windows.
    50989589542_c17287ce93_o.jpg
    The holes in the floor were repaired but still needs new flooring and the owners' office will eventually be moved to the area above the garage.
    50989480756_6e08483773_o.jpg

The kitchen is in desperate need of new counters and fixtures.
    50988778203_29afe1e541_o.jpg

The master bedroom still needs some work but with the beautiful fireplace is a comfortable room.
    50989589842_1e91997cf6_o.jpg

The attic is being used as a science center and bedroom.
    50989589717_8759877561_o.jpg

Somebody needs to finish working on that old broken down car and clean up the cobwebs in the garage!
    50988777993_fdef7062a1_o.jpg

Back view. The yard has a lot of debris and plants in it but once cleaned up would make a great yard for kids to play in.
    50989589577_f74e2b7c4b_o.jpg

Many of the other rooms are still empty and require new flooring and repairs.

I renovated Handcrafted Masterpiece at 9 Cottonwood Court for one of the sims in the story. Front view. There is certainly room to grow if the sim marries and has children.
    50989382501_fd43322e87_o.jpg
    Back view
    50989491947_3af8a83780_o.jpg

living area
    50989382406_ae50162a10_o.jpg

dining and kitchen
    50989492072_67293080af_o.jpg

Master bedroom
    50989492167_83f3274d91_o.jpg

Den
    50988679178_1c808f96b1_o.jpg

Design studio
    50989382326_0803c71d3d_o.jpg
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer Oh I know :) , the last topic I found was created by you but since it was from early '19 I didn't know if that would count as a thread necro. Great family house, it has everything, very clean with just a little bit of party with the bar. And it really does look like a real estate listing :D . That was entertaining. It sure is hard to know what this forum will censor, hopefully they fix that.

@thuggishsplicer Well it looks fantastic so far. I forget the name of those round windows but I really like them in the wall between the living room / dining room and the kitchen since it looks like they'd let more of the natural light flow through the house from the large windows in the front. The whole lot looks like the best of both worlds from two distinct styles in Lucky Palms. Be nice to see it when you've finished.

@bekkasan Your renovated Handcrafted Masterpiece is so charming! Would be a great home or summer cabin. I'm a fan of how you decorate. Spring Manor is coming along nicely also. I stopped living in large homes because I could never fill up all the rooms :D May I ask where that stove came from?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    The design of Spring Manor made my jaw drop in amazement, @bekkasan. Stunningly beautiful home.

In real life, in Vancouver, that design and size would make it a $9.8M home.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Satanu_Reeves Thanks! I do tend to fill big lots too big and lag my games from that. If you've ever seen my Red Dragon Lair, it is way too big. :grin: I think Spring Manor is on a 40x40 lot. The empty rooms will be for kids someday. :grin: The stove is from Frontier Finds kitchen and dining set. It is called Grandmother's Cooktop.

@Nikkei_Simmer Thank you! Damien is about to hire the architect to work on the renovations some more.
  • Options
    Just a dose of real life: https://604now.com/1m-house-5-different-cities-metro-vancouver/?fbclid=IwAR0Ui2vOzUoHC7UXiBzc6lyPZ5PGnyfxnLILQ0ugx5aqfNzetDNYbj33ZpY

Can you imagine the houses we make in Sims would not be affordable in any stretch of the imagination in some places that we live in.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm a mediocre builder. I mostly create sims. Sometimes I have trouble even doing that!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    This sounds like a cool idea for a thread! I’m not much of an architect or interior designer, so my builds don’t look that great. But I’ll post some screenshots next time I play the game.
    The Jennings family house is on a fairly small lot in Monte Vista, whereas my Summerbreeze/fairy family in Sunset Valley is on a 60x60 lot (15 Summer Hill Court, where the equestrian centre usually is, but I deleted it). Lot size can really affect things!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I'm currently wondering if my previously empty world will explode once I start playing in some of my builds I just added to it. My biggest worry is this lot - it has just about everything a sim can do on it.

Magic-Gnome-Magical-Fun-Park002.jpg

It isn't a home but I have a few of them that are quite explosive for a game. I haven't been using them lately.

• Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited March 2021
    I heckin' love building. I might even like it more than actually playing with my sims.

I also love seeing what other people are actually using in their own games, so yes please show me all your sims' cool homes.

The current house my sims are living in is designed to look weathered, rustic, and cobbled together from scavenged bits, so the scratched up wood and furniture not matching is 100% intentional:

(6 images)
    Outside. I stole the look from pictures of abandoned old west mining camps:

iKTE1jy.jpg

Living room:

BfUQH1x.jpg

Dining room:

ULbjpxx.jpg

Kitchen:

oYtCWG4.jpg

Study:

1T50sA1.jpg

Master bedroom. (Needs more clutter I think):

BQ4hbJ7.jpg
  • Options
    @Karritz Great theme park :) with all those activities, a sim could enter but may never leave.

@VexingQuery I like it, It's design that tells a story.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited April 2021
    In my current game, one of the next generation couples moved into this house:

JOnovdm.jpg

Given it's only a 16x18 lot, I had to limit what I could do there. The original house itself was a tiny one story affair. The yard work is original, I only added the fence. The house got a basement and one-and-a-half stories above. Inside, the ground floor was completely remodeled.
    I placed a copy of the original elsewhere in town (with a bench instead of the original hedge):

sUrM6ai.jpg
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm not good at building so my Lowell's now moved from Sunset Valley to Appaloosa Plains. They live in another premade house but it's big enough for Maddy and Ryder to have their own rooms!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    LilynWolfLilynWolf Posts: 30 Member
    Love this thread idea and everyone's houses!

My current families are all living in pre-made and/or WIP houses (or on their lawns, lol), but I'll probably be back with some build projects or renovation updates.
  • Options
    LilynWolfLilynWolf Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2021
    I've been renovating one of the Appaloosa Plains starter homes for my sim.

np44fvl.jpg

No structural changes yet, but I added a nice garden to the front yard.

3GXIt47.jpg

Floor plan is also still mostly the same, but I shrank the bathroom.

B1YWlcQ.jpg

1uMKp5X.jpg

E23qnLj.jpg

And some color scheme changes to the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I wish I was as good at building as some of you are. :smile: A while ago I started taking screenshots of buildings I saw in videos and did my best to build them in my game. I'm on a break from my game at the moment so I don't have pics of those houses yet.

I have two small crab spiders at the moment IRL, one in a small terrarium and one in a plastic box with simple toys. It would have been cool if you save a house from the game and have it 3D-printed in a small scale. It could have two storeys, with stairs and decorated with plants the little spoods could climb on. :lol::heart:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Hey everyone, it's been awhile since we've all had an open house. What are you working on? I sure hope to hear from you. I've been preparing The Hanger House in Lunar Lakes for my family. Time to move away from Moonlight Falls. I've got a lot of pictures so I'm making use of the spoiler tags.

CvuA968.jpg

Hanger House

My sims have four kids so I added another pod onto the hanger. I also redecorated the other rooms in the home.

nrmERME.jpg

Pod 1 - Master bedroom, Gym, Lab.

hRNgSgP.jpg

The master bedroom has a large bed, a sitting area, a private bath, and food synthesizer. It's been decorated in accordance to Oliver's exquisite taste. Do you like it? He's sensitive...

yecPjB2.jpg

A closer view of the room.

fkzXHSw.jpg

Great views of...whatever moon this is.

BgHX2K2.jpg

Nice view of the mountains.

iigIjKB.jpg

I like sinking these all-in-one stations into the wall. I think they look better that way.

U76HYFS.jpg

The Lab and Gym.

qxZUUcT.jpg

Pod 2 - Bedrooms.
    piGCDkl.jpg

tJzsAKT.jpg

Judah's room. He's recently become a teen. He's a jock and loves movies. He wants to be a movie star.

IURqgqx.jpg

dB7YBd8.jpg

Dana's room. Being Judah's twin, he's also a teen. Dana is a virtuoso and wants to be a rock star.

FgDd8zo.jpg

LnOqvVK.jpg

Noah's room. He's a science geek. He's also a child so I will need to add some toys to his room...

MLWa6Gq.jpg

ntme3h4.jpg

Luka's room. Also need to add toys. He loves the outdoors.

jUiUAHD.jpg

Teleporter room

On the top floor of the main house I made a teleporter room which I imagine some people might have in the future instead of a garage with cars.
    bR2qFZk.jpg

Teleportation is a complex process requiring precise calculation. Luckily, the process is automated these days. On the right we see a time gate and down the hall on the left is the common use transporter.

8mJJCJp.jpg

This money back guaranteed safe hyper-compact black hole powered teleporting super computer creates a small pocket dimension in the safety of your own home. This dimension allows for the momentary creation of an entirely new mini universe within its central buffer. Think of it, stars, planets, perhaps entire civilizations exploding into creation in the safety of your own home. Then, by consuming the vast energy of this universe this computer can harness the power to sub-atomically disassemble a sim, molecule by molecule, violently hurling the swirling radioactive molecules to a predetermined destination in town to be reassembled with acceptably accurate results.

!!! Warning !!! : Failure to adequately cool the computers quantum CPU can lead to terrifying visions of shadow men, needle-nosed anxiety wasp infestation, and/or growth of toxic gravity defying clusters of hissing dark mold.

IiyBDiZ.jpg

Library and Meditation/Martial arts room

0DRCcpl.jpg

The Library.

d8jirQt.jpg

OHAKVcq.jpg

Meditation / Martial Arts room

w7wBOCT.jpg

The Living and Dining area.
    BSINR2k.jpg

t7P3KZs.jpg

A comfy living room for the family to watch the holotube. One really cool thing is that I'm getting more use out of the High End Loft Stuff and Townlife Stuff packs because some of the items have good synergy with ITF.

XOoF7kv.jpg

JnFl2ic.jpg

dUHAOnm.jpg

Oc13Np4.jpg

The lovely dining room with the large table for the whole family. Great city view and even comes with a holo privacy screen.

Post edited by Satanu_Reeves on
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Oliver wants to start a genetic merging practice in Lunar Lakes.

GEnp06C.jpg

umzlWjZ.jpg

ih6WX7r.jpg

This building is from Amberville where is was an art gallery. I think I've finished it for now. I plan on getting pics of the kids Oliver creates so I can decorate the walls.
  • Options
    @Satanu_Reeves I love what you did to the Hanger House. It's so creative. I never knew what to make of that one :lol: .
    It's always interesting to see an alternate version of a town a play in.

As for my game, my current household had moved to a penthouse first, but I hate elevators, so off to Hicksville it was (well, still on the Storybrook County map). The existing offers for empty houses were limited, and the household went with this one for the moment:
    yGGeuFU.jpg
    I wasn't too fond of this one from the outside (the inside is nice enough). The facade looked a bit like a crooked face, and I didn't like those brick sections on the upper floor of a mostly wooden house. That's why I changed it up slightly.
    zDhIM2x.jpg
    The backyard got a little greenhouse.
    E3M0RLQ.jpg
    The house has a pool, and I deny any responsibility for the design. I know it's just a combination of three of the original blueprints, but hey. I think the creator noticed something, given those pool tiles - which oddly enough even stressed the mental image - got mostly removed.
    IXyOG3O.jpg
    Anyway, a move across the road is planned. Same size lot, but a house from a different world (slightly edited, but not my original, either).
    bj9A55i.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @Turjan Thank you much for the comments. I think the new hanger house will make a fine family home. What a lovely home you have. I especially like the little green house around back. And that pool, I could just dive in head first.
  • Options
    Thanks, and :lol: .

Anyway, it took me a while to notice that the house has got an issue with the front door. I was already wondering why the neighbors were always sitting and playing videogames in my household's living room or using the bar in the - locked - backyard. Turns out that the game considered the front arch as front door, and I couldn't reassign that to the actual door. So we got another edit.
    HEMIEzh.jpg
    Now we finally have an actual front door (yes, a texture is missing, which I fixed later).
    Another issue was that the front yard wasn't really usable because everything is sloped. I noticed that the house must have been copied here, and it doesn't sit at the right height. I should probably make a copy, bulldoze it and put it back in flush with the terrain. I guess at that point, everything will be fixed and it's time to move :wink: .