Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nerf Burglars Before They Are Nerfed?

2...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited February 2021
    "Caring is sharing" is what you are forced to get by Maxis when you don't have burglars.

I wouldn't mind burglars who rise in the ranks by getting to take more and more objects as they go. Those who swiped the whole of my bar's tables and chairs in Evergreen Harbour must have been top of the tree! Why didn't they turn up in one of my criminal Sims's inventories? Why couldn't those with GTW go to investigate the robbery? It's not really sharing is it? It's stealing! Maxis missed a lot of fun there!

You could take your chances as a burglar going into "client" homes and taking your chance on them being awake and giving you a fight or calling the police and you going to jail. A tie-up to Get to Work.

Of course the "client" might have insurance and pay you to clear his lot completely to get the insurance money, which of course will be insured for double the amount that it is worth if sold on the normal market. B)
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Burglar Alarm
    Burglar Trait for a sim to become a Burglar
    Sims could fight the Burglar
    Toggle to turn On/Off Burglars
    Update Detective Career to catch Burglars

this is what should get patched with burglars & the police to catch them as well!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    Well I'd say theres ways about this, well with burglars there will be alarms ( I like my sims to fight them so I dont personally use) of course theres the new no trespassing option on our sims doors now, so if people dont want their sims to be burgled, perhaps the developers could use this feature for people that dont want them, I dont see how we cant have them as they are a classic NPC, as I said on another post, every game & film needs a bad guy, burglars are the sims bad guy and I miss them, i would also say if some people get triggered by a commical character, I say this with respect but you will need to talk to someone to get past your traumatic experience IRL, saying this shouldn't be in a game because its happened to you IRL, when it's a classic character in the sims franchise, it isnt fair to sims fans that want them back and it's not going to help you to move on from that experience, I hope what I'm saying isnt coming across as insensitive
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited February 2021
    And that's a major annoyance going on lately. It's not hard to buy an alarm system cause that's what i did when I didn't want to get robbed. There have always been solutions to avoid certain features in the game: Didn't want a toddler? Age them up with cake. Don't want supernatural? Untick them before starting up a new load/or just don't use them. Don't like items breaking all the time? Upgrade or buy the better version. It's never been this way or that way but too many people have made the sims 4, it's only my way and nothing else. It's gotten to the point that sims 4 is becoming this cotton candy safe space world that's killing the fun for other players who want spontaneous events and difficulties to occur in game. I personally loved the burglars and would love it for them to return and steal your sims hard earned stuff that they have to work getting again or fight keeping.
    giphy.gif

• alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited February 2021
    Why should we have to be careful of what we wish for though? Why can’t they just get these things right the first time with minimal bugs and even a tuning system so we can decide how often our sims could potentially get robbed? Also they called add new lot traits so we could have areas that have higher crime levels.... your sims could be more likely to get pickpocketed in those areas, have a burglar arrive on the lot, and even have neighbors swipe things from their home. These are just basic concepts that shouldn’t be that hard to implement. We’ve had burglars in all of the previous iterations. I miss them. They add that element of change that this game desperately needs. I want my didn’t I get robbed gosh darn it!!! Lol 😂

But yeah the problem with ts4 is that it’s too loose and random. I’ve never played my game long enough to have the sharing is caring NAP occur but I’ll try it later tonight if I can cheat it. I’m so bored with this game I barely play it.
    p6tqefj
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    TBH, I don't mind to have burglars or any other NPC or even "disasters" as long as we can toggle it either on/off or control the level of each occurrence. They could introduce the level from easy to hardcore. With this option, we can at least accommodate most of the Simmers preference.

They need this for SO many things in the game IMO.

Also, I'm glad there are no burglars in The Sims now. They used to annoy me sooooo much! I can see why people would miss them and want them in though, so I'm fine if they add them, just give us the option to turn them off.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    In previous games we generally had the option to add a burglar alarm onto lots effectively disabling the danger, so in my opinion anyone who feels they get burgled too often can just add an alarm. I have no doubt the devs would include this if they did add burglars.

I’d reaaally like to see a playable active burglar career - I feel like that could be fun.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Maybe if the devs could format anything to work proper, this wouldn't be a problem. Sadly, judging by how badly Sharing is Caring has worked out, I don't know if they can. They seem to do very poorly at balancing anything.
    ...And, yes, I want burglars. But if they can't balance it to work properly, then it will be pointless.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    The sharing is caring NAP could only be comparable to burglars if the burglars made all of your community lots non-functional by obsessively stealing all of the sinks.

If they add burglars that way, hell fricking no.

If they add burglars as little trash panda repomen who come to your lot, steal one object of value and leave, hell yes.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Can we have the option of the burglar sometimes being an actual Sim with that profession, or should it just be a NPC? And would Sims and Occult Sims (vampires and spellcasters) be allowed to deal with the thief? The police shows up, and the burglar lies drained on the porch (no idea what happend, officer...) or is an object. The freeze gun? Or should the thief be this unstoppable force (even for your high-ranked police Sim) that only NPC police can arrest?

I'm torn about the idea. We'd need ways to protect ourselves. Locked doors, alarms, sign up for neighbourhood watch (pay $ and lessen the chance of having them appear), or dogs would serve as a deterrent (assuming you have one, which almost noone of my Sims does).

I didn't mind them in Sims 1, but darn, that burglar who ignored my alarm, stole my newly bought televison for 3k, and then hightailed it while the police apparently were on a donut break. That stung.

We should be able to fight them, freeze them, bespell them, set pets (or at least dogs) on them and keep them out/slow them down with electronic mean like alarms and trapping them in vaults etc.

People will remember to buy the alarms once they get robbed, like remembering fire alarms only after the first fire.

Honestly the stealing code is already there with Kleptos or the Reposim, just need to add the comedic burglar outfit, sneaky creeping walkstyle and police response.

I would love if burglars were sims in the criminal career, or a new playable career type (such as heists from survey) and the same for the cops (GTW detective) if installed. It'd be nice to see my played cops showing up to catch my played criminal that tried to rob my played lawyer...
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I still remember the music that played when a burglar was going to rob you in the original "The Sims" game. It made me shiver sometimes - I have to admit that - but it gave the game some randomnes just like real life.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    security alarms + dogs would help with the burglar issue.
    Also when I think of burglar; I think of Murder Burger. :O
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    First of all, burglars should have been in GTW, if not the base game.
    But there should be some sort of option to either lower, increase, or completely turn off the chance of burglary. I myself have never been robbed nor do i know anyone who has been, so idk how frequently it should happen. I mean that there should be a small chance every night or so to be robbed. A very small chance.
    Also an active, burglar career would be sooo much fun. This has actually given me the idea to try and make money by only stealing things (in TS4 of course, not irl!).
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    With the release of Kits, I'm wondering if EA will make us pay $5 for burglar gameplay now.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    With the release of Kits, I'm wondering if EA will make us pay $5 for burglar gameplay now.

Of course. ;) As Graham said about stuff packs a long time ago, they were the catch all (my words) for things the EP or GP teams had no interest or maybe time to do, so they throw that stuff in stuff packs. I think Kits are left over scraps of stuff they held out from EPs or GPs or were holding for later packs and decided to get more money from it, when there is no room or budget to add those things in regular packs. It's my belief the three they just released were already created and held out from other packs....and decided to make packs (kits) out of stuff they should have released in bigger packs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.