Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your 5 most essential mods besides MCC/UI Cheats and Meaningful stories

13...Next

Comments

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    1. Whims Overhaul
    2. Sims Spawn Overhaul
    3. Thermostat Overhaul (no cold clothes inside)
    4. Auto Shorter Teens
    5. More Buyable Venues + Auto Employees

Bonus Mention to all Lotharihoe visual mods. I refuse to play without these.
  • MVG181MVG181 Posts: 11 New Member
    Oooh, probably...
    - KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life
    - KawaiiStacie's Education System
    - Tiny Twavellers
    - Bunk beds!
    - Hotels!

I can't remeber the names of those last two or who made them.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @LiELF

Thanks for letting me know and if you find a mod like that please let me know as I have searched for something like this and found nothing so far but I will also let you know if I find anything in future as well :)
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Various of LittleMsSam's small mods & of her assorted bug fixes
    Various of Bienchen83's mods
    Slice of Life by KawaiiStacie
    Fitness Controls by Roburky
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    There are so many mods that are must-haves for me. I do use MCCC, UI Cheats Extension, and Meaningful Stories.

3. Less Intrusive Conversations by TurboDriver - I hate trying to have a date and some random sim walks up and joins in on my conversation. I hate trying to just have a night out with friends and some random sim joins in on my conversation. You know, I actually just hate random sims joining in on my conversations. With this mod, that never happens anymore. It changed my life.

@NightlyCoffee

So does this mod work fine for you at the moment? Does it break a lot? Do Sims still start conversations. This modder mentions something about a dynamic change, do you notice that...

actually this thread can be super helpul. Too bad that tomorrow is purge day.

@PreCiious

Less Intrusive Conversations simply makes strangers no longer join ongoing conversations. They will still approach you and chat with you if you're not in any conversation. The only time sims will join a conversation with you is if you already know them and have a decent relationship with them. For example, if I'm out with a friend at a nightclub and we're chatting, and another friend arrives at the venue, they may come up to me to chat. Strangers won't. However, if I'm sitting at a bar alone, a stranger might come up to me and introduce themselves. I haven't noticed anything different with how NPCs react with one another, which is good. They still chat away with each other like normal and my sim and their party get to enjoy their outing in peace.

The mod works perfectly fine for me and I've had zero issues with it. It also seems pretty resilient to patches; It hasn't broken for me at all.

Thank you! :) It really is a game changer, that i never had the courage to play with. i am so gratefull to these modders right now, because espacially this was such a huge pet peeve of mine.
    It also makes me anxious because i always fear that some of these mods break and never get updated.

I am actually suprised that so many people here play with so many mods that they find it hard to narrow it down to 5. I always assumed that most people play Vanilla or with CC. I thought i was the only modfanatic... I mean i heard about every mod here and use 90% of these mods.

Honorable mention:

Slower relationship progress
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Sims4melessrandomacc- Basically sims aren't wearing randomly generated accessories while wearing tight sand socks at the same time and other jewlery. Keeps them from looking like a fashion disaster.
    Better mood reactions- Basically sims won't have to stop to do certain idle animatiosn depending on their mood. If they're walking and feeling and flirty they can do that animation while walking. Same with when they're tired and yawning they won't stop to do it as they'll continue doing what they're doing. Makes things more immersive really.
    No Glo- Gets rid of that blue glow lighting in the game, so I find the lighting more natural. :3
    Srsly Cooking Overhaul- Usually don't get super big mods that have a high chance of breaking when a patch comes, but recently tried this out and I gotta say I enjoy it. Can buy groceries via computer (get delivered in the mail), phone or your sim can just leave for a sim hour or so to go grocery shopping. Makes it where you need ingredients for recipes. I liked this feature in the console version of the Sims 2 where you needed ingredients to make food and like seeing it here and expanded a lot more on.
    University More Expensive- Very useful and you can change the numbers as you want too. When I start out with sims that have zero it's usually a struggle but the scholarships tend to cover the majority of it, so being able to bump classes up to a 1,000 simoeons makes things more than difficult can't even go to university back to back when your sim is broke or just swimming in debt haha.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member

@Ellupelluellu for some reason this is not working for me. I'm still getting random townies. Does it take a bit of time to start working properly?

@simgirl1010 , No it should not take long, of course it does not delete any already spawned sims. I have that folder with all but one file directly inside of my mods folder, and it is working for me (I am fully patched). @SiliClone (sorry for tagging :) )
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    There are so many mods that are must-haves for me. I do use MCCC, UI Cheats Extension, and Meaningful Stories.

1. NPCC - This mod is too important to me. It prevents random NPCs from being generated, allows me to reassign job roles, and disables job shifts and region dependency which allows me to have less NPCs in my world to fill roles.

2. Fitness Controls by roBurky - This mod allows me to slow down how quickly my sims gain and lose fat and muscle. I hate how my sims eat one cupcake and gain 10lbs or how they become the Hulk after one gym session. It also prevents NPCs from gaining and losing fat and muscle.

3. Less Intrusive Conversations by TurboDriver - I hate trying to have a date and some random sim walks up and joins in on my conversation. I hate trying to just have a night out with friends and some random sim joins in on my conversation. You know, I actually just hate random sims joining in on my conversations. With this mod, that never happens anymore. It changed my life.

4. All Cheats by TwistedMexi - Super helpful. Enables cheats like Destroy Object which is disabled without this mod.

5. Chat Greeting Tweaks by Simvasion - I hate that sims always have to stand up and hug to greet each other. It's annoying, especially when you're trying to get the family to sit down and enjoy dinner together. It's a small mod that is a huge quality of life fix for me.
    Apart from number 4, I think I'd probably like all of these. Are they easy to find?

At the moment, I only have MCCC (which I use solely to stop relationship decay) and LittleMsSam's no animation with shoe removal (which was essential as all of my households now have the shoe removal setting.

I have tried not to add many mods so far, as it could lead to a slippery slope of hundreds :D
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited February 2021
    @elanorbreton dont know about the other stuff, but Roburky's stuff is up on https://roburky.itch.io and Twistedmexi's stuff is all downloadable from https://twistedmexi.com or his Patreon.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    Only ones I'm using at the moment are...

MCCC
    Wonderful Whims
    Pose Player
    Pregnancy Overhaul
    I do like Slice of Life, but my sims are always unclickable when I use it
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited February 2021
    Let’s see this is tough but

1. SOL
    2. Education System
    3. Explore Mod
    4. Whim overhauls
    5. Trait bundle by chinyu
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member

@Ellupelluellu for some reason this is not working for me. I'm still getting random townies. Does it take a bit of time to start working properly?

It works immediately but doesn't delete the townies you already have (you need to clean them up manually) it also depends on the packages you have installed. If you installed everything you'll virtually get no randoms generated at all, including service sims (maid, butler, you need to assign these jobs manually). Also, if you have other mods overriding the filters, then the sims for that filter will be generated unless the other modder did the same modification to the same file (for example, if you have a mod that modifies the filter for the maid to change the ages, then the maid will still be generated by the game)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2021
    1. Have Some Personality Please
    2. Meaningful Stories
    3. Slice Of Life
    4. Bake Cupcake Machine Items In The Oven
    5. Live In Businesses

There are several more actually, like Kawaii Stacie’s Resorts & Hotels, and her Explore Mod, plus 3 more that can’t be mentioned.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    edited February 2021
    Sims 4 Reaper Actions Unlocker by Gauntlet
    Sims 4 Reaper Career by Gauntlet
    Longer parties & invite more guests by Weersebu
    20 Sims caps remover by Weersebu
    Invite any guests by Weersebu
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    1. Road to Fame
    2. Private Practice
    3. SNB & Bills
    4. Slice of Life
    5. LilmsSams 21-Day Seasons
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    @PreCiious

I'm so glad you like it! It was a huge game changer for me too. Modders never cease to amaze me with what they can do with the game.

I use way more than the several I listed, but I tried to narrow it down by what I couldn't give up if I were to start fresh.

@elanorbreton

Fitness Controls can be found at roBurky's website. They are also the creator of Meaningful Stories.

Less Intrusive Conversations by TurboDriver can be found on ModTheSims.

Chat Greeting Tweaks can be found on Simvasion's website.

NPCC is by Paulson and the most recent version is, unfortunately, locked behind their Patreon.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Thank you @NightlyCoffee <3
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 2021
    LittlemsSam's auto employee lot trait for community lots - makes community lots so much better.
    Scumcumbo's two Don't wash dishes & Don't prepare food Where you angry poop mods.
    Keep book in inventory when publishing - I've updated this one myself, but I think there are different versions out there.
    Coolspear's Step Away From the DJ - makes dancing in clubs so much better.
    LittleMsSam's Improved spa day tablet.
    Bonus: Zero's Vampire death before turning mod.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    More Columns in CAS.
    Wonderful Whims.
    Woohoo Wellness.
    Invite Any Guest.
    Better Build-Buy.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)