Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I get Nifty Knitting?

2...Next

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I recently got Nifty Knitting, and I haven't really played a ton with it but I do love Plopsy. Also, the furniture is really nice as well. The love seat and living chair are my new favorites...for now. You don't really get a lot of build/buy stuff but what we did get, I have no complaints.

The clothes are nice and the boots for the female sims are adorable. I haven't unlocked most anything yet. I'm not head-over-heels in love with the hairstyles. I much prefer Paranormal stuff hairstyles.

As far as actual gameplay, I've only had one sim knit an item or two so I can't really comment on that.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I got NK when it was 50% off as well as having a $5 giftcard, so since I had no interest in the knitting gameplay, paying less than a dollar was fine with me!

The CAS and build/buy didnt really grab me at all, and the only things I like about the pack are Plopsy and Metal music station. Though I dont use Plopsy a whole lot though, it seems to me that whatever I put on there never gets a buyer. Maybe its just me. Metal music is pretty fun to listen to and I enjoy watching my sims head bang to it.

If you havent already gotten it, NK is a hard pass if you ask me. If Plopsy and Metal music werent in the pack I'd probably never buy it, even with a sale and giftcards. If knitting is your thing, and you want a nice and quiet activity for your sims, then I'd say go for it. But if you're lukewarm on it, I'd say wait for a sale to hit it at least. (though it might be awhile...)
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I was pleasantly surprised about this pack. I love the heavy metal music station and a rocking chair and a lot of other stuff.
    The only thing that bothers me a bit is Plopsy, because no one seems to buy anything. My level 10 painter tried to sell her paintings on Plopsy, but they just sat in her inventory. I wished it was a feature that I could've used with a starter Sim to make a living, but it's nearly impossible if nothing gets sold. Plopsy was such a great idea but it just doesn't work well.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Knitting can be a little buggy, you have to sit them down first before starting a project or else they will stand up and route fail. I use Plopsy a lot to sell paintings and I like the metal station and watching my sims rock out. Oh and if you have a cat, it will knock yarn balls out of the basket which I think is pretty darn cute!
  • GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    Only one thing is buggy for me with this pack and it's Plopsy. 50% of the time it's a gamble of will this work or will my game crash? Other than that it's pretty rad for a Stuff Pack
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    For someone who’s terrible at knitting (let’s just say I don’t knit) I very much enjoy the gameplay in this pack!

I love the rocking chair and the METAL and focus radio stations. I’m not aware of many bugs, although that’s because I don’t have many sims knit in my saves. At times I let the ladies do a bit of knitting and have them teach each other the way of the yarn, which I find very enjoyable and relaxing to look at. I like the idea of Plopsy, but to be honest I haven’t used it much. I only sold about 2 items via that platform. ‘Twas a jumper and turtle.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Knitting comes with a radio station and it's METAL??? that's hilarious

• NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I love this pack and everything about it. I love the knitting gameplay, I love Plopsy, and I love CAS. I only wish BB wasn't so colorful so it could blend in better with other packs.

I love hobbies that can make money in the game, because I often like to get creative with how my sims make a living. Plopsy has added so much to my overall gameplay. I also really love that knitting isn't just tied to adults. You can have children pick up the hobby and even teach them.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

There is a reason for that. Behold the International Heavy Metal Knitting Championship
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RvQutLRIKeY
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I love this pack. In fact, I've been playing in my mother's Sim game that is on her laptop lately (my laptop is dying and I have stopped using it for anything else because i need to use it to work from home) and while I was fiddling around in it I reached the surprising conclusion that the 1 pack out of all my other packs I could not live without was Nifty Knitting. Well, that and Spa Day because I love making my sims do yoga. Not only do I love the Knitting interactions themselves, as well as the decorations and clothes, I LOVE Plopsy. I sell all my sims paintings and creations using Plopsy, because you get so much more money with it. Ok, you have to wait and sometimes list things twice, but the money is worth it. So I got NK for mom's computer - luckily she already had Spa Day.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I came here to make sure you made the right call, but it seems like you already did :p

I like this pack and it is actually the only one i bought for full price. Two things disappointed me though, one being that knitting clubs seem bugged because sims ignore knitting as a club activity, but this happens to me a lot with clubs. Anyway, second is that you cannot sell knitted items using the backyard sales table that came with city living. I dont know about retail though but i would be even more disappointed if you cannot sell them that way either, and it would make it seem like there is not as much crossing between pack features as there should be, to me at least.
  • chonk_floofchonk_floof Posts: 36 Member
    Can you buy stuff off Plopsy, as well as sell stuff onit?
    Whatever you are doing, always put 100% into it. Unless it's a blood donation.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    @chonk_floof Yep, you can :) It shows a random selection that updates certain times.
  • chonk_floofchonk_floof Posts: 36 Member
    > @musteni said:
    > @chonk_floof Yep, you can :) It shows a random selection that updates certain times.

thank you :)
    Whatever you are doing, always put 100% into it. Unless it's a blood donation.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member

Didn't you know that most RL hard rockers do knit backstage, and have knitting supplies on their rider? I assume pastels are their favorites ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg