Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    @Karababy52
    Not as much to drool for than that Josh of yours!!! He is.. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @permanentrose Thanks, I'm glad you like it and thank you for the birthday wishes! And yeah, I had actually forgotten how good WC is for collecting, her aspiration is flying by haha Don't worry, I'm a pretty fast reader =D I've just read your first post and I'm excited to see what she gets up to, sad to hear about her parents :( I really enjoy the thought of having different playthroughs in one save, I should have done that with mine.

@Karababy52 Someone said that we're due for another supernatural pack soon, but that's just speculation. Maybe it will be fairies! If so, I hope they add height to them lol I've lived in Windenburg once or twice, but I guess I wasn't paying enough attention (then again, one of the playthroughs was the baby challenge so she didn't get out much lol). I usually choose the blue, as well! It's my favorite color, but it gets boring choosing it every time so it's fun to experiment with the other options.
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    @AnnoyingTiger
    not thread related , but I so love your profile picture :D<3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Ellupelluellu - The way you feel about Josh is how I feel about Nikolas/Damon (and Greg now too!). ;) But, of course I feel like that about Josh too, obviously! <3
    @AnnoyingTiger - Wouldn't that be wonderful? I'd love fairies in TS4. I'd also love it if they came in different heights, or were at least small, not the same size as regular Sims. I don't know about you, but when I think about fairies, they're always small. Just like the ones you see flying around in the hidden lot Sylvan Glades. There's still some areas in Windenburg I haven't explored much, but not many since it's in my Top 3 of favorite worlds. Yes, it is fun to experiment with colors, I just wish we had more than the three to choose from. Of course you can always mix and match I guess.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited February 2021
    In which Sims were fairies a thing? I have the feeling that I played fairies in a very long pst or something. 😂 I’d like fairies too!
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @Ellupelluellu Thanks! I think I named him Karupin hehe

@Karababy52 I think of Tinkerbell when I think of fairies, so I imagine them quite small. I doubt they'd make them that small, but hopefully at least a bit smaller than average. Yeah, we are usually so busy with challenges and legacies, we don't take the time to explore properly. So many missed shots and cool scenes, like the mushroom circle in Britechester haha

@Skeilah It's been a while but I think they were included in Sims 3 Supernatural?? :thinking: It was vampires, werewolves, and fairies I believe.
    ntlW6ly.png
    001-13.png
    009-12.png

- To see more information, please visit my Info & Index page.
    - To see the rest of today's pictures, please check out Day 2.

ntlW6ly.png
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yesterday's update!

Day 16, Month 1 (The last commentary update!)

02-24-21_10-23-29_AM.png?width=721&height=577
    Well, the post came again today and delivered bills, which were significantly reduced! Thank you to everyone who told me about the Tiny Home Residential, because it looks like it REALLY helped with the bill amount.

02-24-21_10-10-26_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Today's Simmi was Jasmine Holiday, which I kept! I think we're stable enough that any $25-$50 Simmis can be kept, now.

02-24-21_10-15-58_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Also, Jenny's nemesis was spotted walking around town! It looks like she's friends with Nancy Landgraab, too. Figures.

02-24-21_10-17-01_AM.png?width=721&height=577
    02-24-21_10-19-31_AM.png?width=721&height=577

However, Jenny got an invite from Rohan to the Humor and Hijinks festival! As per my own rules, she could absolutely go. They joined the Jokesters together, and for some reason Jenny's Comedy skill skyrocketed.

02-24-21_10-21-34_AM.png?width=721&height=577

In the end, the Jokesters won! Jenny got some fireworks, which she sold for the most part, and a microphone for telling jokes, AND $500! Profit!

02-24-21_10-27-46_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I updated the house again with some of that money, and I finally have a desk for Jenny! Here's the floorplan and a pic of Jenny doing her homework.

02-24-21_10-34-50_AM.png?width=721&height=577
    02-24-21_10-36-06_AM.png?width=721&height=577

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 56 - Where do we go from here?

i6dpIGI.jpg

Notes:
    It was the first day of winter in my game today, and Jules woke up to see the ground covered in snow. Mario was still asleep, so she went out to enjoy it for a bit on her own.
    lNmqsI5.png

She came back inside and changed into dry clothes, though she hoped Mario would come out and enjoy the snow more with her later.

"Mario! Did you see all the sn-" she stopped short when she saw him looking forlorn on the couch.
    Gla3V53.png

"What's wrong?" she asked, sitting down beside him.
    9rF3frD.png

"I just got a text from Brittany," he told her, his tone sad and soft. "She got my number from Becca. Said she was very concerned over a photo that Luna Villareal sent her last night - of you and her brother, Hugo."

Jules' stomach sunk. She scooted closer to Mario on the couch. "It's not what you think. It was for that thing with Bex, and I'm really sorry I didn't tell you - and that I can't tell you more. You have to trust me though. I promise that there's nothing going on there."
    hMDpQQn.png

"I knew you'd say something like that," Mario answered, "and I was angry at first, sure that we were going to get into another screaming match."

Jules looked away from him, an expression of guilt on her face.

"But then I realized I didn't want to be upset with you over this. It just didn't feel worth it, since we'd just have the same fight we always do. And then we'd just patch stuff up but never really come up with a solution we both want because honestly, Jules, what are we even doing anymore? It's not just this text that's making me bring this up, but for a while now, I feel like we've been hanging on to threads. And I know you feel it too." He swallowed heavily, looking up at her.

She caught his gaze, and he continued.

"Last night with you was amazing, but I can't help but to feel that moments like that are only prolonging the inevitable. We both want different things for our future - and honestly, we both want different things even now. Last week when I talked to Candy Behr, she said some stuff that really got me thinking. She found herself in a similar situation a few years ago. She had been living with her grandma and her sister, desperate to get some space of her own, so when her boyfriend of the time, Joaquin, asked her to move in with him, she jumped on the opportunity, but things quickly went south. She told me that it's really hard to live with someone when you haven't even had the chance to really discover yourself. And let me tell you, I've hardly had the time and space to begin doing that. I've always enjoyed spending time with you, and there is something real between us, but if I'm being honest, all of this moved so quickly because I was desperate to escape my family too. I didn't want Candy to be right, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like we're making this work for the wrong reasons. And that text Brittany sent this morning made me realize I don't want to keep fighting with you...and I knew it was time we actually talked about all this."
    1svjycF.png

"So what are you saying?" Jules pulled her knees to her chest, feeling a sudden influx of tears brim in her eyes. "That we should be done?"
    tF7H6QR.png

"I don't know," Mario said sadly, resting a hand on her arm. "But I know we should talk about it. If you want to keep trying to make this work, then we can try, but...is that what you really want?"
    taALtrh.png

Jules wiped away her tears, taking a moment to think about Mario's words. Had she been fiercely clinging to their relationship for the right reasons, or was Mario right? She let herself think about the idea of them being done, and sense of relief immediately washed over her. "Maybe you're right," she spoke softly.

They talked late into the morning, both taking time to cry and comfort one another as they spoke at length about their relationship and what they intended to do next.
    hmkKOCQ.png
    Smij9Ct.png

In the end, they decided that it was time for their relationship to be over. It was time for them both to move on in their own lives, and though it hurt to say goodbye to this chapter of their lives, they both left the conversation feeling hopeful for a fresh start and whatever the future held.
    yNho3Lf.png

"I'll talk to Bex later, but I really want you to keep this house," Jules insisted. "I can't bear to see you go back to your mom's house or your dad's apartment, with all that craziness and so little space. You deserve to have the proper space to really grow and discover yourself."

"But what will you do?" Mario inquired, his brow furrowing.
    0AQkCcS.png

"I'll move in with Bex for a little. She's always said I'm welcome to come crash with her if I ever need to. Besides, since I've been helping her out with some stuff recently, it will probably be more convenient for me to live with her anyway," she assured him. "And, if you do need something, I won't be far," she added. She was glad they were ending things on such civil terms. She couldn't imagine cutting Mario completely out of her life.

After speaking to Bex, who surprised they had ended things but was more than willing to allow Mario to keep renting the place and welcome Jules into her own home, Jules spent the rest of the day packing up the few items she wanted to bring with her, including her bulletin board of postcards from around the world. (She recently finished the full collection!) Not wanting to invade Mario's space, as it was already so small, she said her goodbyes by nightfall.
    CPEiVtP.png

Her emotions swirled, and her mind and body seemed at odds as she embraced Mario one final time, but she knew they were making the best decision for the both of them, and time would heal the raw pain that ached in her chest.
    Xm36vJn.png

---

Well, their relationship is officially over. Goodbye Mario, at least for now :( I thought a lot about how I would end this, and I really didn't want it to be nasty. They've had enough big fights now, and I didn't want one of them to be unfaithful either, since I wanted to avoid all that drama. In the end, I used the option to "ask to just be friends" instead of "break up." I really enjoyed reading all of your speculations though about how Brittany and the Hugo plot would play into this, and of course both of them did, but just in a much more subdued way that you were probably expecting. Mario has been a big part of Jules' life for this challenge, and I'd like them to be on good terms for whenever they might meet again in the future, so this felt like the proper way to end things <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hey All! I am officially a week behind now with my updates and a few days' behind in comments. With February ending on Sunday, I am not sure I will be able to catch up. So, what I have decided is that I am going to finish off February, but I will probably be posting February's updates in March. I don't have Realm of Magic and was going to do Willow Creek for the next world (I had built a house for this already), and I think what I am going to do is skip the month of March and continue back in April. I have another project that has been neglected and I really need to get back to that. With the computer probs that I've had and overtime at work, I have just had no time to devote to this. Please know that I am reading everyone's stories, I just haven't had a chance to comment on some. Hoping to get out the Feb.15th post tonight. Have a great day everyone!
    @SoulGal7 I hope you don't stress yourself out too much! Do what you can and try not to worry too much about it <3

ntlW6ly.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @karababy52
    Day 23 I really love watching them group dance. It just looks fun. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Damon.
    Day 24 This was a great post. Love your winter shots and getting ready for Winterfest. I've wondered about those rocks too. I guess we can tell our own stories about them.

You mentioned the doll in my post.. there's a cursed one that just shows up, you have to get rid of that one. The little blonde one is a gift reward you can place it and talk to it. Not sure if you only get it for completing gigs though.

@annoyingtiger
    Yahh welcome!
    The kitty pictures are especially cute for your first day. I love your backstory you tied it all together nicely :). Great shots for the second post too! The winter shots look great.
    You made me laugh with the sometimes a meal is just that good comment!

@permanentrose
    For update 55 Oh the game wanted Hugo to have an impressive first date by jet! He was trying so hard ;)
    I like the bug planting in the game it's great for storytelling. Yeah it's kind of awkward but it's the sims. Yeah! I wanted a scene of Mario wondering what she was up too.
    For update 56 Aww you handled that so well. I'm really glad Mario brought it up too and that they are parting on good terms too. I wondered if it would be some big drama and glad it isn't because they are both such good people.

Newcrest is probably a good time to use the paranormal pack. I gotta admit it's hard to play day in and out with it for me, and still do other things with your sim but I want the rewards. I think it will be better on an adult who can focus on the whole pack.

@skeilah
    For Day 25 Naoki's a slacker! They use to have a sim job for that. And that talkative Jules is a bad influence!! :D At least Bryon's getting some aspiration stuff done.

@lilypadmeulin
    For Day 16 I'm so glad you found out about the tiny home part yahh! It will help a lot. Wow you won so much at the humor and hijinks festival. I usually skip it. I gotta start trying it out more often.

@SoulGal7
    You just need to do what you can handle. There is so much going on for you.
    egTcBMc.png
    February - Day 25: Happy Winterfest!

7jl4uPn.png

Notes

Fair warning - Lots of text in this one. Sorry about that. o.O
    1UR7bfy.png
    The delicious aroma of roasted turkey with all the trimmings was making Essa seriously hungry. She'd used a recipe Josh had taught her and hoped she'd done it right. If the golden brown color and the savory smell emanating from the oven were any judge of that, it was a success.

WilVPGZ.png
    The ultimate test would be how it tasted.
    (I hope it's not dry.)
    Setting the platter on the table, she heard a knock at the door. Molly and Damon were here!
    (Here goes nothing!)

gzqoRZB.png
    "Hey girlfriend! Happy Winterfest! Wow, something sure smells good. I can't wait to dig in! Dibs on a leg!"
    "Hey Essa, Happy Winterfest! Thanks for inviting me!
    "
    "Hey Damon, thanks for coming! I hope you're hungry...oh, wait...do you eat regular food? Man, I'm sorry I totally forgot you're a..."
    "It's okay, no problem, I still like to eat...other things." Damon laughed.

D7cq7yO.png
    Damon ducked by them and stood looking at the tree while Molly and Essa shared a hug.
    "I'm so glad you could come. I thought you guys would probably go home to your folks or something."
    "No way Jose, we wanted to be with you this year. My parents understand and Damon, well, his family's been gone a long time. I'm all the family he has now. And you..."

wb5ijPu.png
    "Okay Mr. Hot Shot Vamp, you're not getting off that easy. c'mere and give me a hug!"
    "Gladly! Happy Winterfest. Everything looks great Essa. There's no place else I'd rather be."
    (No place other than right here holding you in my arms. She smells and feels so good.)

"Aww, you're such a sweetheart Damon and you're welcome. Of course I'd invite you. You and Molly are my best friends! I'm glad you're both here with me so I'm not alone today."
    "We'd never let that happen, I, we love you!"
    "I second that! I'm starving, let's eat okay?"

"Yes, before it gets cold. Would you like to carve the bird Damon?"
    "Me?"
    "Sure, why not? I imagine you've had lots of practice over the years.
    "Not really, considering..."
    "Man, I'm sorry again. It's so easy to forget..."
    "Don't worry about it, it's cool. I've tried to be more human so not surprising you'd forget. I'm actually flattered."
    "Uh, you're welcome?"
    Damon just laughed and grabbed the carving knife and got to work. He did a pretty good job of it too considering he didn't have much experience.

zTDbVbl.png
    "Did I tell you I'm closing on the land in Glimmerbrook tomorrow? Everything is falling into place so fast! I'm glad though. I never want to live on the street again."
    "Thanks to both of you for helping with the house plans. I have no idea how long it'll take to build, might have to live in a tent or trailer until it's finished, we'll see..."
    "You could always stay with us until it's finished. We've got room."
    (Yes, please! Come live with us Essa. Having you so near every day, at least for a little while...would be so...tempting...maybe not such a good idea. I don't know how I'd control myself.)

"Thanks for the offer, that's very sweet of you. But I love the outdoors and I'm just anxious to...be there, you know?"
    (Dang...too bad. But...good? Gawd, I'm such a mess.)
    "Aww, okay, but the offers still open if you change your mind."

I8fiCJK.png
    Finished with the meal, it was time to open presents. Molly and Damon had already given Essa their gift to her. She'd told them the Legend of Glimmerbrook and how it was a magical place, about the Sages and the Magic portal. Though she did leave out the part of how it 'sang' to her. That still freaked her out a little.

They had surprised her with a variety of 'magic' things. Some made her laugh, as intended, like a black/white magician's wand and top hat, but most were very beautiful such as a cauldron. Just from the looks of it, she suspected that had been Damon's contribution to their gift. It looked very old. Molly had also had a beautiful green flowing skirt and matching bodice made for her so she'd look the part of a Spellcaster if she ever decided she might want to study the craft.

When she had told them the story, Molly was skeptical, but not Damon. He said he'd known some witches a couple hundred years ago and believed everything she said as fact, not fiction as she'd once believed. It was hard not to believe after she'd watched the Sage Morgyn disappear into thin air.

Essa hoped they liked the gifts she chosen for them.
    "This is for you Damon."
    He opened it and looked at what lay inside with a little confusion.
    "Keys? What do they go to? You didn't get me a car or something did you?"
    Essa laughed. "No, not a car, something better, I think. They go to an Aqua Jet, a very cool looking black one. It'll be delivered to your house tomorrow."

TLr2WBW.png
    "Seriously? That's amazing! You didn't need to get something so expensive though. I would've loved anything from you. Thank you though...I don't know what else to say."
    (Don't kiss her, don't kiss her, don't kiss her, don't kiss her.)

He settled on another hug, which was almost, but not quite as good. At least he got to hold her again...and he did kiss her cheek. He couldn't help himself.
    Essa just smiled, so he guessed that was okay.
    "I'm so glad you like it. I love making you guys as happy as you've made me."

pj0M0hi.png
    "Your turn Molly."
    "Okay, almost done here. Seriously Essa, you're a great cook! Is there anything you can't do?"
    "Oh yeah, lots of stuff, tons of stuff." Essa laughed.
    "Thank Josh the next time you see him, it's his recipe."

kSNVHht.png
    "Here you go, go ahead, open it! Gah I'm so excited, I hope you like it!"
    "A guitar pick? Oh, it's really nice. Thank you!"
    "Look at the inscription on the back."
    "Good luck in your future career, Rock on! Dr. Brian...MAY! Oh My God! Essa, how'd you get this? Wow!"
    "That's not all either, he also autographed a replica of his Red Special guitar for you. It should, hopefully, be delivered to your house tomorrow too!"

Molly looked like she was going to faint. The classic rock band Queen was her favorite and Dr. Brian May her idol. Thanks to Josh and Adam working their magic, Josh was able to get both items from Dr. May to give as a gift to Molly.

"I'll treasure them both, always! I can't thank you enough girlfriend. I'm overwhelmed!" Molly kept staring at the guitar pick with a smile that stretched from ear to ear until the trio heard...

"Ho, Ho, Ho!"

"Father Winter!"

dnB0Inl.png
    Somehow Father Winter had managed to silently enter the house and was putting gifts under the tree without them noticing he was there. They were so wrapped up (har har) in their gifts, they hadn't noticed. Essa also had a few other little things for her friends as well. While she and Molly were talking, Damon opened his while Father Winter finished his delivery and sat down at the dining table with Essa and then Damon joined them while Molly opened her gifts.

D6I0lme.png
    Damon watched Molly open her gifts while Essa and Father Winter had a chat.
    "Do you remember me?"
    "Oh yes, of course I do! I know everyone and I know you've been a very good girl too."
    "I wanted to thank you for your honesty and that tip you gave me last year. You were right about...everything!"
    "Aww, well you're very welcome my dear. I hope you and your young man have many happy years together."
    "I hope the same for you and Mrs. Winter."
    "Ah, yes, Mrs. Winter. Well, there is no Mrs. Winter. Hopefully one day a special lady will come along and take the title. For now, I keep my options open. Ho Ho Ho!"

KRPsJNs.png
    "I have something for you. Just a little something to say thank you!"
    "Aww, that's very sweet of you!"
    He opened the box to reveal a set of self adhesive blue and white letters folded up for protection. When Father Winter unfolded the long sheet, it spelled out, 'Winter's Wave.'
    "Oh this is interesting. But what am I to do with it? I do love it though my dear. Thank you!"
    "They go on the stern of your new sailboat! You could take it sailing in Sulani on vacation."
    "Oh My! That's incredible! I don't know what to say child to such an extravagant gift. I shouldn't accept something like that."
    "Oh please, it would make me very happy if you would. It's in storage at the moment. But I can have it delivered anywhere you like."
    "Well, okay. I accept! Thank you again. I usually just get milk and cookies, nothing like this. You are a very sweet and very generous young lady."
    "You deserve it. Especially after your advice and...that tip!" Essa winked and Father Winter laughed his signature belly laugh once more while Essa joined him.
    "Ho Ho Ho!"
    "Ho Ho Ho!"

YZSArKd.png
    "I have a little something for you too my dear. I thought long and hard about this, so I hope it's something you can use one day."
    "I'm sure I'll love it, whatever it may be."
    Essa opened the gift and found a set of microscope slides, ready and waiting for plant or mineral samples to be applied.
    "Oh, this is cool. Not sure what I'll do with them though since I don't own a..."
    "You do now! You are the owner of a rather large Microscope. It will be delivered wherever you like, just say the word. I thought perhaps you'd consider a career in Science one day. I know you love gardening and all things outdoors. So I thought it might be useful to study all the fauna and flora one day."
    "Thank you, that's a very thoughtful gift! I'll have to give a career like that some serious thought now. Thanks to you!"
    "You're welcome my dear, I hope it serves you well."

Father Winter had to be on his way after that, he had many more stops to make before his job was finished. He bid them all a Happy Winterfest and touched the side of his nose with an index finger to disappear in a misty white cloud that smelled curiously of peppermint.

"Wow! He must be part Spellcaster too!" Essa said, staring at the ceiling where he'd vanished.

ItoKVvZ.png
    Damon and Molly said their goodbyes as well and thanked Essa once again for their gifts. She hugged Damon, who sped off in a hurry after kissing her cheek again, a little close to her lips if truth be told, but Essa didn't think much of it, he just missed. Molly hung back and thanked her again for the autographed guitar and pick. She asked Essa to thank Josh and Adam for her the next time she saw them.

Essa told Molly maybe one day soon she could thank them herself. She'd been thinking about taking a trip sometime in the near future to see Adam in concert and of course Josh singing back up and invited Molly to go with her. She of course was thrilled with the idea.

"How are you so sweet, kind, compassionate and thoughtful after all you've been through? It's incredible."
    "I don't know, I'm not really all that special. I just like making people happy, especially the ones I love and who I care about and care about me. Plus, I'm just so grateful to be free of anxiety and fear for the first in my life, I want to share the happiness with everybody! I can afford it, so why not, right?"

qRyYfSo.png
    Molly and Essa shared one last hug before Molly had to go.
    "I love you girlfriend. You're the best!"
    "Love you too, but, no, you're the best!"
    "Okay, we're both the best, how's that? Two thumbs up, remember?"
    "You got it! Night Molly, see you Saturday."
    'Oh that's right, the party! Yay! We're going to have so much fun! Night Essa!"

QzViQBv.png
    After Molly and Damon left, Essa went down to the bar in the club hangout and made herself another one of those Zebra Zest thingies. It had been a very happy and satisfying day. The only thing that would've made it perfect is if Josh had been there to share it with her. She smiled though remembering the lovely conversation they'd shared earlier this evening while she sat out back on the deck.

She couldn't wait for the day they'd be together again. He'd said maybe it would be sooner than she realized. When she asked him what that meant, that's when he'd told her about the special VIP tickets Adam had given him to give her to come see them in concert next month.

Thanks to her friends and Josh, life was good.

"Happy Winterfest Josh, I love you! Cheers!" Essa said raising her glass toward the ceiling. She took a drink and smiled.

BONUS:
    nlv65DF.png
    What Essa didn't know and I didn't know until I went up from the basement to the first floor, was that Josh WAS there! Apparently he'd stopped by for a visit, but I didn't hear him knock. He stops by all the time anyway, but never at 3 a.m. Just thought maybe someone else would like to see his beautiful face and smile too.

Since I stayed up too late yesterday, I'm exhausted earlier than usual today. I'll reply and comment on your daily posts when I return later this afternoon. Have a great day/night everyone! I can't wait to see what's in the patch! Hope it's filled lots of bug fixes in addition to whatever other goodies it contains! <3
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    February 25
    scD8gUH.png

Bryons Diary
    (Bryon) “Dear diary. Today I don’t really have anything to tell. Doesn’t happen so fast, right? Tomorrow is our last day of homeschooling with Ms. Douglas. I’ll miss her a lot, but we’ll stay in touch via Beatrix for sure. Naoki is actually making something for Ms. Douglas right now. A present to give to her tomorrow. I have no clue what it might be. I’m not allowed to see it. Maybe I'll give her a letter. I'm better with words when they're written on paper. I'm curious about the new school we'll be attending. Is it a private school? Did father lost track of us? So many unanswered questions... 10 days ago we started living here, isolated from the outside world. It's been relaxing for sure, but now I'm starting to wonder... Eliza never updated us about the situation, but a few days ago she suddenly started working a lot more... Is she keeping something from us?”

Behind the scenes
    A few days ago...

xkxNrlo.png
    (Morgyn) “... So, that’s the story behind Isaius”
    (Eliza) “I can’t believe it… Cursed? So his real self is like… Trapped somewhere?”
    (Morgyn) “I don’t know a lot about curses and I couldn’t find anything about them when I tried to search for it, but yeah, that’s my best guess. Everything about curses or familiars is really wiped away…”

(Eliza) “That’s so… Brutal, really. Somehow I suddenly feel bad for the guy... But why did those powerful spellcasters decide to wipe away their mistakes instead of finding a way of solving them…? Do you know anything about the potion of love?”

isnZoFN.png
    (Morgyn) “That’s where I get stuck. I thought I knew everything about potions, but I never heard about a potion of love. Also, wiped away like it never existed.”
    (Eliza) “Why???? This is so… Frustrating!!!”
    (Morgyn) “I know Eliza, I know. But we can’t do anything about it.”
    (Eliza) “So, what’s the plan? Steal the recipe from Isaius himself?”
    (Morgyn) “We don’t even know where he is…”
    (Eliza) “But we can't give up now..."
    (Morgyn) "We won't give up, but finding Isaius will be difficult."
    (Eliza) "I'll work on it. I'm the best detective of the world, you know?"
    (Morgyn) "And I'm one of the best spellcasters. I'll help you, of course."
    (Eliza) "We're the best team ever! We'll find that guy and cure him, no matter the cost."
    (Morgyn) "When are we going to tell the kids?"
    (Eliza) "Not yet. I don't want them to become spellcasters because they have to be one to defeat Isaius. I want them to be one because they want it themselves."
    (Morgyn) "As usual, you got a point."

Little did they know, a certain someone already started an investigation on her own… And she's about to get a first friend in her team already.

d0oAAEf.png
    (Isaius) “Let's get straight to the point with this meeting. I’m disappointed in you, guys.”
    (Gage) “What... Why?”
    (Isaius) “My sons weren’t in jail.”
    (Gordon) “No way... But we saw them..."
    (Isaius) “They were there, indeed, but they got released the next day. We have to come with a better plan. They have to be locked up for eternity... I want to see them suffer.”

(Isaius doesn't know the little detail about Roxanne who only saw Bryon, so he just thinks that both Johnny and Bryon were there that day)

VMu2huq.png
    (Isaius) “Luckily for you guys, I found someone to join the team.”

sW3eE16.png
    (Isaius) “Meet Roxanne. Your new team member from today on. Thanks to her, we'll find our target in no time. Roxanne is a spellcaster and I'm training her.”
    (Roxanne) "Hello all. Nice to meet you! I can't wait to work with you all-!"

lRaI1el.png
    (Isaius) “Come outside with me. I want to show you what this girl can do”

iuOWPgG.png
    (Gordon) “Whoa!!”
    (Gage) “You go, Roxanne!!”

5BE8z6B.png
    (Gabrielle, thinking) “... So you're training this girl, but you refuse to train me because I look stupid? Just you wait... I’ll become a better spellcaster than you.. And I’ll let you pay for almost killing my mom. She was the only person you had, and you wanted to take a life for a life? No. I can't deal with that.”

(Side information: Brytani and Morgyn agreed to let Gabbie become a spellcaster too. She’ll be attending the same academy as… Yep - Bryon and the group. But she doesn’t know that yet)

PrQ2zvY.png
    (Isaius) “I see.. You’ve been practicing since I gave you this ability, didn’t you?”
    (Roxanne) “Of course. If I want to change the world, I’ll have to get better”
    (Isaius) “That’s what I like to hear...”

zl3JRPS.png
    (Isaius) “.. But you’ll have to practice some more to beat me”

Oof.

TmkhNZ9.png
    (Isaius) “Isaius scores again!! Gage, Gordon. Follow me. I need you inside.”

Isaius disappears into the base with the boys, leaving Gabrielle outside with Roxanne, who’s still flat on the floor. Gabrielle helps her up.

sMhwgxK.png
    (Gabrielle) “Roxanne! Are you alright???”
    (Roxanne) “Yeah, I’m okay. That was bomb!! If I practice enough, I can really save the world someday”

OLLF4EV.png
    (Gabrielle) “Roxanne. Why did you accept training from Isaius?”
    (Roxanne) “Why shouldn't I?”
    (Gabrielle) “There's something.. Really wrong with that man. He’s using you as a pawn. Literally.”
    (Roxanne) “… A pawn? Isaius has been super sweet to me. What makes you think this?”
    (Gabrielle) “Isaius is not who you think he is. He’s not good. Well, maybe he was before he got cursed, but he’s certainly not goo-“
    (Roxanne) “He’s cursed...?”

2XJIDOo.png
    (Gabrielle) “Oops, I talked too much. Can you be a little more silent please? Yes, he’s cursed. He has a heart of stone, or something like that. Can’t feel love. Wants to destroy everything, just for his own fun. I only found out recently, but now I now how dangerous he is... If we all don't watch out... He's going to destroy us too.”
    (Roxanne) “But he told me that we were going to save the world... By catching his psychopath son... Wait. Why are you here if you know how dangerous that man is?"

Nb92dG5.png
    (Gabrielle) “Well at first I just needed a job and Isaius pays well, but now I'm actually starting to learn things about him, and they're not good things... Also - Psychopath son? Hehe, that's a new one. He told me and my friends that Bryon and Johnny are searching their mother, just to make her life a hell. Did you know that their mother is also here? I never saw her, but Isaius assured us that she was in a safe place, where the brothers can't find her.”
    (Roxanne) "Wait. Bryon has a brother? Their mother is here?"
    (Gabrielle) "Yeah, but everything is alright with her--"

(Gabrielle) "Wait. You don't know Johnny?"
    (Roxanne) "Is it important for me to know him?"
    (Gabrielle) "Well, I thought you knew him because you were in jail with Bryon and Johnny..."

pHhj7tF.png
    (Roxanne) "Eh, I only saw Bryon..."
    (Gabrielle) "What? I... Heh?"
    (Roxanne) "Gabrielle, don't think about that so much. I now know that Johnny is Bryons brother. They're the victims here, so we shouldn't focus on them now. Back to their mother. Do you know where she is..?"
    (Gabrielle) "Somewhere in the basement, but we're not allowed to come there unless he invites us there... Isaius is always in the basement himself, sitting on his 'throne'..."
    (Roxanne) "We gotta find that woman. I think she's in danger."
    (Gabrielle) "But we can't just barge in the basement without a plan..."
    (Roxanne) "Then we make a plan."

x72ltdA.png
    (Gabrielle) "Right! You're totally right. Okay. I think you should just keep on Isaius' good side for the time being, but what do you think about us working together in secret? I'm actually going to the academy next week... To learn how to be a spellcaster myself"
    (Roxanne) "You're also a spellcaster?! That's amazing!!!"
    (Gabrielle) “Shhhhh, don’t talk so loud! If Isaius finds out that I'm doing this... I don't know what he'll do.”

bmo906k.png
    (Roxanne) “I’m sorry… But I'm just so happy for you! What about we train together sometimes?"
    (Gabrielle) "I would love that."
    (Roxanne) "So, we're a team?"
    (Gabrielle) "Yeah, we're a team."
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @permanentrose
    This definitely hurt my heart a little, but it was a surprisingly adult way of handling things. Good on Candy for giving Mario such good advice. I doubt this is the last we'll see of Brittany, though.

@Karababy52

This was such a satisfying Winterfest! I think Molly got the best gifts for sure, though (I'm a fan of Brian May!) and I just loved reading through it. Though Damon needs to chill, haha!

I also loved the interaction between her and Father Winter. It was really good.

@Skeilah

Okay, I don't know whether to trust Roxanne at this point, but Gabrielle is fast becoming a favourite of mine. I'm really glad that she's decided against helping Isaius, but I don't know whether she should be opening up so much to Roxanne so quickly...what if Roxanne tells Isaius? I'm really hoping things will be okay, though.
    edited February 2021
    Day 17, Month 1

02-25-21_1-06-52_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Things, of course, had not always been like this.

Jenny hadn't always been kicked out. She hadn't always had to come live in Mt Komorebi, as far from home as could be. She hadn't always been living on her own, and if she was honest with herself...it stunk.

02-25-21_1-19-05_PM.png?width=721&height=577

It had been gut-wrenching to realize the things she had - how her family saw her, exactly how far they were willing to go for her (as in, spitting distance at most) and exactly where she was in the pecking order. How it had taken her that long to notice, she didn't know. But now here she was, in a tiny little house in a place that was so far removed from her old life that sometimes she genuinely didn't know how to handle it.

Living on her own was difficult, too, especially because she had to manage school and finances. However, she was determined. Mostly out of spite.

Her mother had told her that if she didn't want to live under her rules, she could find another roof to be under, and Jenny knew that this was supposed to be the stick. Her home was supposed to be the carrot that brought her back begging. But that woman really didn't see that kicking your child out, or even threatening to, was the point of no return.

She pulled herself out of her thoughts, looking at the picture in the cheap wooden frame on her wall. Well, at least she had Rohan. She'd met him late one night in one of the parks, and he'd bought her a drink from the vending machine. She'd asked him out on Love Day, and that had been, well, less than platonic, which had surprised both of them.

02-25-21_1-19-23_PM.png?width=721&height=577

They'd exchanged rings a little while ago, too. Rohan had even suggested moving in with her, but she'd shut that down quickly - her place was small, and he didn't know what independence was really like. Besides, his grandparents adored him. She'd been for a dinner there, once or twice, and they always made nice small talk with her, but their warmth towards Rohan was something else.

She hadn't opened up to him completely yet, either. He thought it was amazing that she was living by herself, and managing the garden. But she hadn't been able to turn around and tell him, hey, my parents kicked me out.

The funny thing was, even though she couldn't tell him, it felt like the words were constantly in her throat when she was around him. Like they might accidentally jump out and be said whether she wanted them to or not. She felt like Rohan wouldn't want to be with her if he knew, which was so stupid, she knew that. But still, she pictured him looking at her with revulsion, or confusion, or something.

Why did things have to be so hard?

She headed out towards the square that was near her house, with every intention of just chilling by the statue and maybe seeing what Rohan was up to. He would be on his lunch break now, right?

However, just as she was reaching for her phone, a familiar voice called.

"Jenny! Jenny!~!"

02-25-21_8-15-36_PM.png?width=721&height=577

"Sachiko!" She jumped, a little guiltily, and hurried over.

"Not in school?" Sachiko looked at her uniform. Kaori, her granddaughter, went to the same school as Jenny, so she knew that today was a school day, or should have been.

"Ah...I took the day off." Both of them knew that Jenny occasionally was allowed to do so, if things were too tough, and Sachiko's expression softened a little.

"Well, have you eaten lunch yet?" Sachiko gave her a smile. "You know, it's important not to miss meals."

02-25-21_8-15-55_PM.png?width=721&height=577

"I haven't, but..." She saw Sachiko's expression and relented. "I don't suppose you have my favorite in, right? I was telling Rohan we should get some together."

"Tamago nigiri, coming right up. Are you alright paying?"

Anyone else, and that would have been considered rude, but Sachiko knew how Jenny's finances were. Jenny nodded, patting her pocket.

"I can pay."

"So, that boyfriend of yours...how is he doing?" Sachiko seamlessly switched topics as she began making Jenny's food. "Still doing okay?"

"Oh, he's fantastic!" Jenny's cheeks warmed. "We went to the Humor and Hijinks festival last night--"

"I know, Jenny, I saw you there. You must have been in a world of your own, you two!" She chuckled. "But he's okay, yes?"

"Yeah!" Jenny flushed a little. "He, um, he says he's looking at all the clubs you can join at the moment, for his extracurricular activities. His grandparents want him to start building his CV."

"Food's up." She placed the wooden platter on the counter. "Smart grandparents. You've got to be pretty skilled these days."

02-25-21_8-17-46_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Don't I know it. Jenny knew the likelihood of herself attending either of the universities near where Rohan lives was pretty low, and she sighed a little before picking up her platter.

However, there wasn't anything so bad that Sachiko's food couldn't cheer her up. She inhaled with a smile on her face.

02-25-21_8-18-21_PM.png?width=721&height=577

"And that's why you're one of my best customers." Sachiko smiled. "It's a pleasure to see you enjoy your food, Jenny."

Jenny quickly handed over the money, and continued eating, trying to keep from scarfing it down.

"Thank you," she said, between bites.

02-25-21_8-33-59_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Sachiko smiled. She herself hoped that Jenny would take her up more on her invitations to visit. But no matter how she coaxed, the girl seemed to withdraw, unsure of whether she really was welcome. A few free meals here and there seemed to be fine by her, though. Of course, how she'd ended up here on her own, Sachiko didn't know. It would be rude to press, after all.

But maybe she could ask Kaori to invite her over at the weekend.

@AnnoyingTiger
    Oh yes, Tinkerbell comes to mind for me too, and Thumbelina, do you know that story by Hans Christian Andersen? I know it's not logical for the game, but a Gal can dream, right? ;) I do a lot of challenges, my favorite way to play the game, so yes, I agree. However, I did discover a lot of different areas and things I didn't know about the game when playing with my two Super Sims; Josh and Joel Hunter, and with my Collector Sims, Leanne Summers. Exactly! Did you know there's a mushroom circle in Sylvan Glades too? They're the harvestable kind though.

Looks like Astrid and Pumpkin are having a good time together. My Sims get that prank call all the time, I've learned to just not answer when I see that '?' on the Sim image. Naughty Pumpkin eating the food Astrid just grilled. :D My favorite screenshot is the last one of Pumpkin lying in the snow with the bridge in the background, just chillin'...probably literally! o.O :D

@lilypadmeulin
    Tiny Residential lots are SO beneficial! Love that pack! Okay, well that explains a lot about the ice cream thief after seeing her chatting with Nancy. Yay! So happy for Jenny that her team won the Humor and Hijinks festival! Great updates to her house as a result. I think it's good you kept the microphone, it helps fill social along with the comedy skill.

I'm a huge fan of Dr. May too! I love all of Queen actually, before and now with Adam Lambert. I saw them in concert a few years ago and it was the best concert I've ever attended, just phenomenal. Anyway, I wanted Molly to have something extra special that had to do with music, and comparable in price to what Essa gave Damon and Father Winter, or a little better. But the highest priced instrument was that violin. Molly seems more like a guitar player to me. Especially when she had one in her inventory and left it at Essa's place. So I had Essa give her the autographed one Sims get as a reward in the musician career and made up that story. Molly deserves it!

It was fun writing Essa's chat with Father Winter since they have a bit of a past together. It's actually not the same Father Winter she met and chatted with before. I was quite bummed about that, but just went with it anyway. They both had red beards anyway. I have no idea why the game keeps generating new Father Winters when good 'ol Clement Frost, the original isn't missing or anything, he's there in household inventory and I see him wandering around the worlds. So weird...

Day 17 - So nice to have some more about Jenny's background and know how she ended up on her own. Her family sounds horrible. o.O Loved her interaction with Sachiko! She seems like such a sweet, compassionate elder and a good friend to Jenny. So sweet how she cares for Jenny and wants to see her succeed in life and help her however she can. I hope you don't have aging on for townies, wouldn't want to lose that gem of a Sim in Jenny's life too quickly. Great update, I'm thoroughly enjoying how you're writing in story mode now! :)

@permanentrose
    Aww, they broke up. :( Glad it was amicable though. Still, breaks my heart for both of them, but it was time. Especially when Jules first thought about it was relief. Maybe they'll get together sometime in the future. Beautiful daily post pic too! Don't you just love Windenburg? :)

@SoulGal7
    Totally understand, I know you've had serious computer problems, add work on top of that and it can't be easy trying to keep up here too with everything you have going. Just take it slow and easy, it's good to take a break and catch your breath now and then, get everything sorted so you can start fresh. We'll miss your posts for sweet Sakura, but she'll be back in April. Take care of yourself! *Hugs*

@Hermitgirl
    I love the Group dances they can do, so fun! I have a feeling you could be right about Mr. Hot Shot Vamp Damon. We shall see... ;) Thanks about the Winter screenshots, so easy to get good ones there. I think those rocks are meant as a nod to Stonehenge and other stone circles like it around the world. I wonder if anyone's asked the Devs about them and if there is an 'official' story about them. Probably not, like you said, it's more fun having the freedom to make up our own explanations for them. :)

Ah, okay, that explains the doll situation. So there's two types, that's good to know. I haven't gotten that far in my Paranormal save yet to know if it's tied to the career or not. Hopefully I'll find out sometime soon. Thanks for the insight! :)

@Skeilah
    Hmm, I wonder what Naoki is making for Ms. Douglas. Can't wait to see what it is. :) I figured Bryon would catch on to the fact Eliza hasn't said much about the situation with Isaius, he's a genius after all and very observant.

I find it interesting how familiars and potions have been wiped away in your version of Magic. I wonder why they did that since the Love Potion could've been discovered by experimenting and cured Isaius. Makes for a fascinating narrative to tell the story though.

Gabbie's got a big mouth man. I don't know if she should've just blurted out everything she knows to Roxanne. She 'seems' to believe her and want to help defeat Isaius, but does she really? The girl's a psychopath. Of course Gabbie doesn't know any of that. Excited to find out what happens now. Will Roxanne help? Perhaps if she sees Bryon's Mom is truly in fact there, that might actually tip the scales in favor of helping Gabbie, and ultimately Bryon. We shall see... Great update!
    Sorry guys super busy day. I’m so tired that I’ll reply to everyone tomorrow!
    February 25 Nester!
    sIacKdB.png

Sooo.. The game named Judith and Archibald's son Nester! I couldn't have selected it better if I tried. Love it!
    Anyway.... Roxanne and Archibald went over to Judith's place most specifically because Roxanne was working on her scouting badges and the Good Deeds part of it was eluding her. Supposedly making people laugh could help but it didn't in her case. I always have the nano can in the houses so she couldn't take out the trash. Entertaining toddlers is suppose to be something, so that baby had to age up! (It's an excuse.. babies never last long in my game... toddlers do, but mostly if they live in other households.)
    I loved today's picture also... very sweet! So yeah okay ... I admit, I like this little guy and he shoots evil looks sometimes so... he can stay and be part of the story now and then. But he's on trial though! Better watch it kid!
    I ended up making some clubs with kids, helping with homework seemed like the only reliable way she could get the good deeds done, so after a little over a sim week she finished! She only had to go to meetings for one weekend. She got the scouting reward trait I was after for her, and that's the first time I've done it in the game. Yahh, I love firsts!
    I gotta say.. I just assumed doing it would be a pain in the bottom, but it dings off for things kids and teens just do for the most part. From now on when I have a kid in game they will probably all become scouts as soon as they can... it's an easy way to get benefits for your sim later in life.
    w9Ab2S3.png
    Awww sweet little baby...
    LejY7Qy.png
    Done with babies!
    5FW94VP.png
    Looking silly Exercising for them badges!
    YNLfBQG.png
    Had to get one of Roxanne's special friends in for the photo!
    egTcBMc.png
    edited February 2021
    @Hermitgirl
    Aww, I see Nester got Archie's hair color. Can you tell yet who he looks more like, Archie or Judith? Congrats to Roxanne for completing Scouts! It sounds super easy, I've never tried it either. Hmm, perhaps I should if there's time next month. What's the reward? Love the last screenshot with Roxanne helping the delightfully creepy looking mannequin child with their homework. My favorite though is your favorite, the one with Roxanne playing with Nester, so cute! I love toddlers in this game! :)
    edited February 2021
    @Karababy52 I can't really tell who the little guy looks like yet, hopefully his mom lol. Either way it'll be okay. The main reward for getting all the badges is the scouting aptitude trait it boosts skill building for your sim by 25% for life... and that can stack with other traits ect... I love stuff like this so I'm definitely going for it in the future.
    Again I have to thank you for the challenge I really love things that make me want try things I wouldn't otherwise in the game if left to my own devices.
    I still have to respond to a few updates and posts from before but I have some stuff to do tonight so going to edit this in a little bit :)

I loved your update for Winterfest. Lol ... poor stuttering vampire in love. I couldn't look away from Father winters beard.. and laughing at him keeping his options open.. he definitely would in most of my games lol. Great gifts and stories for them!

@Skeilah
    I like the way you flipped the story so that I don't know how to feel about Isaius and the story could still go so many ways. Loved seeing Roxanne too as part of your group. Darn Roxanne lower your voice! Will be fun seeing this story unfold as my own Roxanne becomes a spellcaster too!

@lilypadmeulin
    Aww poor Jenny .. about her parent's kicking her out. She's doing well though. Now just have to get through all those icky feelings about it.. and if Rohan can't deal with it he doesn't deserve her!
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
    @Karababy52 so well written, I enjoyed that chapter <3 But father winter, why is your beard a different color? *sobs And holy cow, Josh is gorgeous!

Thumbelina? I've heard of it, but no I don't think I know the story. I feel like I should know about the mushroom circle but I can't remember it lol That's the first time I've gotten a prank call! But I also usually don't play teen sims, maybe that's it. When it first came up, my thought was it had something to do with the paranormal pack. Very disappointed it was just a prank haha Ahh that's one of my favorites too! I was tempted to make that the pic of the day but I'm trying to keep those pics of Astrid.
    ntlW6ly.png
    @Karababy52

I found out Jenny can even brag about how small her home is, lol. That's part of what she was doing when talking to Sachiko! And yes, aging is turned off for everyone, so I'll have to age certain Sims up individually when I need to.

I've never seen them in concert, but I'm pretty sure I saw Queen + Adam Lambert on TV one year at New Year's. I was absolutely hyped because at that time, Adam Lambert songs were really big in my fandoms, so it was like this amazing merge of two things I adored. Molly absolutely deserves those gifts after everything she did for Essa and Josh.

I have a similar problem with my legacy save, it just throws a random guy in as Father Winter, though that could be because I made him a wife.

Jenny's problems are quite bad. Her parents genuinely think they're doing the right thing.

@Hermitgirl

Nester is so cute! He really takes after his dad, huh. Have you given him the tiny suit that's available for toddlers?

Update 57 - Picking up the pieces

eWveOpk.jpg

Notes:
    The night before, Bex had set up one of the guest rooms for Jules. Jules had talked to Bex about what had happened, and called Dell as well. She was exhausted after speaking about her breakup at length, and still feeling emotional and vulnerable as she came to terms with the events from the day.

"I thought you had school today," Bex barged into her room the next morning, a cup of coffee in hand.
    n7TG7CS.png

"I called in sick," Jules moaned, curling deeper into her pillow. She did really feel sick, exhausted and spent from crying herself to sleep. It didn't matter that the break up had been mutual - her heart couldn't help but to ache for Mario, and it was going to take some time for her to move past all this.

"I suppose you deserve a recovery day," Bex conceded. "I'm off to work though. You'll be okay here alone?"

Jules merely nodded, too tired to even come up with a quip about how she'd be living on her own for ages now.

When she finally dragged herself out of bed when Zuzu started pawing at her door. Her mood instantly brightened as the kitten sauntered toward her.
    S73sJ8I.jpg

She decided to explore the mansion a bit. It had been a while since she'd spent a lot of time here. She wandered into the library, curious to see if she could get the door to the secret passage to open, but it appeared that Bex had locked her out.
    6DegdVP.png

In the back of her mind, she thought of Emmett, and how he would be the person she turned to in a time like this, the person she always talked to when she didn't know what to do next, but she pushed that that thought away before it could make her too sad.

She sighed, sitting down in one of the arm chairs, and decided to read a book instead. She ended up reading the book Hugo had given her - Love in the Time of Sandwiches.
    TIL1629.png

Well, that was a mistake. She was definitely not emotionally stable enough to be reading the romance genre.
    WFwYwK1.png

Wiping away her tears, she decided to brush up on her chess skills a bit.
    kjqRaVT.png

She decided to head to the home move theatre next, and picked a comedy to watch, though she hardly followed the plot as she got lost in a knitting project. It was there that Bex found her late in the evening.

"What are you doing sitting alone here in the dark?" Bex asked her.

"Oh," Jules looked up. "I did have a movie on, but I guess it ended."
    8X1ZQ2W.png

"Come on," Bex said, beckoning her to follow. "Enough moping for one day. I'll order us a pizza and then we can spend some quality time together."

"You gotta cheer up, girl. It's killing me to see you like this," Bex begged.
    MRSxFap.png

Bex convinced her to come out and play in the snow for a bit.
    5vwSrR1.png
    aALtB9y.png
    yWagTcV.png

"You feeling better?" Bex asked as they headed inside.

Jules nodded. She was feeling a bit better. "But I'm taking tomorrow off school again," she told Bex quickly. "And don't try to stop me. I just need one more day before I see him again at school," she admitted.

"Fine," Bex sighed. "But just one more day. I'm not letting you crash here if you're just gonna mope around and play hooky everyday."

"Promise," Jules told her, hoping that she started feeling more like herself again tomorrow.

---

Replies to yesterday's posts to come later today when I have a bit more time! I've played and written updates through the end of this month which is why I have a post ready to go already :)
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2021
    Day 55
    hcl2F5D.jpg
    Totally won this foosball challenge 5-1 against @wolfmunch #winnersgonnawin
    Wolf has a bad rep, but he’s brilliant at Scouts and we’re born Llamacorns now too. He’s not so bad when you get to know him. Kiyoshi’s been really busy with snowboarding so it was nice to have someone to talk to and not feel pressured to act a certain way. The girls have toned down on checking on me, like I asked. I wanted to ask him why he wore eyeliner, but stopped myself. I might be overstepping.

Day 56
    VuDzZNi.jpg
    Add modelling to my resume? Or is it acting? Or both? Actdelling? This took a number of takes because they kept putting more shampoo on my head. We should’ve called it The Never-Ending Shower. #tryingsomethingnew #iamwearingswimshortshere #notanevernudebutstill

Day 57
    3DjsHDj.jpg

Some SimLit
    “Dirk! Is this right?!” River slammed his door open, shocking Dirk and his, er, the, Dirk’s second girlfriend awake. The latter screamed at River for crashing in. She yanked her oversized sleep mask and made a weird noise at Dirk, which Dirk ignored. River focused on Dirk. “The appraisers called back a-and your autograph…”

“Yeah?” Dirk stretched his arms up as he sat up his bed. “From last night, what’d they say?” His second girlfriend, the one River never had a conversation with--Dirk said she needed time to warm up to new people--whatever that meant, scoffed at both of them before shutting herself out of the conversation and hiding back into the covers.

“Your autograph is worth §8,000!” River exclaimed, breathless at what this all meant for Dirk who was living in such a modest house and if it weren’t for the paparazzi popping outside here and then, one wouldn’t know the pool of wealth that came with Dirk Dreamer.

“Oh?” Dirk mused. “That’s gone up, that’s nice, though that could’ve waited you know in an hour or two--”

“Oh crap, sorry I just, I just didn’t know. Sorry, erm, yeah…” The door clicked shut after River shuffled out of Dirk’s room gobsmacked. Maybe Kiyoshi and Kaori’s goals to train hard and become celebrities wasn’t a silly dream. This was a lucrative investment… “Dirk, is your autograph worth more now because you’re dead? What’s it like, I’ve been dying to know!”

“River! LA-TER!”

Notes
    A short one from me this time. Though I did something stupid and accidentally deleted the photos (I’m a serial deleter and I overdid it) and instinctively emptied my trash. UGH, but I’ve managed to play through and take new photos. Will post more later. Still trying to figure out how to get River into Glimmerbrook, but I’m really appreciating the creativity that you guys have shared. I uploaded where River Funke-Townes is currently to the Library, jic you know he ends up in another rock and a hard place. Also, Dirk has become River’s roommate and is rolling in money with his autographs. 8K for his appraised autograph, is it really because he’s a ghost?! River is coming out of feeling down, Dirk's here to stay. I'm tempted to just keep Dirk around so River doesn't have to worry about money.
    Post edited by Kanindota on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top