Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery Sims should keep their relationships

Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
edited February 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I understand why Sims saved to the Gallery don't keep any relationships outside of the household, since they are typically then placed into completely different saves, there's absolutely no reason why the Gallery shouldn't keep the relationship values, relationship bits, and sentiments within the household.

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Mine do, I have a family that I play frequently and load them from the gallery to CAS to edit for different saves and they’re still related mom, dad, daughter, son, etc. and I don’t have to do a thing.
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    Mine do, I have a family that I play frequently and load them from the gallery to CAS to edit for different saves and they’re still related mom, dad, daughter, son, etc. and I don’t have to do a thing.
    Family ties do stay intact, but not anything else. Not relationship values, not sentiments, and not any other relationship bits.

I've wanted to save a pair of Sims that recognize each other as each other's Clones, and that relationship bit didn't make it to the Gallery version, and they did not have it when placed into the world.

Likewise, I had child Sims designate another adult as their Caregiver despite not being their parent, and that didn't stick either.

If you have two Sims in a romance together, but not in a marriage, placing them from the Gallery will have them as merely acquaintances.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I really hate that!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Lorenerd11 wrote: »
    Family ties do stay intact, but not anything else. Not relationship values, not sentiments, and not any other relationship bits.

I've wanted to save a pair of Sims that recognize each other as each other's Clones, and that relationship bit didn't make it to the Gallery version, and they did not have it when placed into the world.

Likewise, I had child Sims designate another adult as their Caregiver despite not being their parent, and that didn't stick either.

If you have two Sims in a romance together, but not in a marriage, placing them from the Gallery will have them as merely acquaintances.

I don't think that would work unless downloaders were given the option to keep the relationships or not. I wouldn't want someone else's idea of a family put in my game. That's why I never download Gallery Sims and make my own.

Others might feel differently though if they run out of ideas or the family relationships suit them.
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2021
    Simburian wrote: »
    I don't think that would work unless downloaders were given the option to keep the relationships or not. I wouldn't want someone else's idea of a family put in my game.
    What do you mean? The very idea is to download the household the way other Simmers created them.

Sims already keep all their traits, their careers, their skills, their lifestyles, their aspiration progress. And they already keep parent/sibling relationships. So why not also keep their relationships with other members of the household?

If you really need to, you can just remove these with cheats, or by opening the household in CAS and saving each Sim seperately by removing the others.
    Post edited by Lorenerd11 on
    I don't think that would work unless downloaders were given the option to keep the relationships or not. I wouldn't want someone else's idea of a family put in my game.
    What do you mean? The very idea is to download the household the way other Simmers created them.

Sims already keep all their traits, their careers, their skills, their lifestyles, their aspiration progress. And they already keep parent/sibling relationships. So why not also keep their relationships with other members of the household?

If you really need to, you can just remove these with cheats, or by opening the household in CAS and saving each Sim seperately by removing the others.

And that's the reason I prefer to make my own. All I would want is to have my Sims already dressed and ready, with a few traits and nothing else. I'm not interested in their "stories" because they'd interfere with mine. It saves time dressing Sims if you aren't interested in that sort of thing though.

That's just the way I like to play and I realise it might not be the same for everybody. :)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

And that's the reason I prefer to make my own. All I would want is to have my Sims already dressed and ready, with a few traits and nothing else. I'm not interested in their "stories" because they'd interfere with mine. It saves time dressing Sims if you aren't interested in that sort of thing though.

That's just the way I like to play and I realise it might not be the same for everybody. :)

you're missing the point then, since you prefer to make sims your own, gallery sims are there for those who prefer to have player created sims created for them to use and all the backstories these sims have, something like premade that is already in the world, they have backstories laid out for them.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »

you're missing the point then, since you prefer to make sims your own, gallery sims are there for those who prefer to have player created sims created for them to use and all the backstories these sims have, something like premade that is already in the world, they have backstories laid out for them.
    izecson wrote: »

I doubt if all of them do. :/