Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Death & Karoake (spoiler cuts for Grim out of uniform)

That morning Inanna surprised her parents with breakfast burritos.

XAq2Q3J.png
    msjAI8J.png

In the evening Grim and Aislinn headed to Planet Pop, where Grim won the karaoke competition with a passionate rendition of a song he performed for Aislinn.
    hnyqNq7.png

4Z8a3qY.png

They ran into their granddaughter, Tanith, at one of local food stalls.
    fL6OAxt.png

And by the time they got home, Makaria was happily chatting with one of their nicer neighbours. That's when their awesome day took a turn for the worse, when their neighbour decided it would be a stellar idea to up and die in their lounge room. Grim was not impressed. Seriously he wasn't running a drop in service, there was no sign outside the house that said 'most convenient place in the world to die, come on in'.

phK3y7y.png

Unfortunately that was only the start of a bad night that was about to get worse. No sooner had Grim dealt with the neighbour currently lying dead on their floor, than he was called to another job. This time it was his granddaughter, Caitlyn. Grim knew she had made the decision to refuse the immortality offered to all members of the Reaper family when they became young adults, but still he hated to see the pain her death was causing those who'd loved her most. He hesitated for a moment, before completing the task he was sent for. He had a job to do after all.

MJ0mV1Q.png

With their father still waiting downstairs, Artemis and Zoey headed quietly upstairs and began to talk about their own acceptance of immortality. Zoey declared it wasn't turning out to be nearly half as great as she thought living forever was going to be. They too then decided to renounce the family gift.

L2j4d5v.png

Grim heard their conversation. Two jobs in the space of an hour, another granddaughter passed, and now another one of his children had decided to also give up their immortality.

"I so need a holiday," Grim thought.

YQ6RShT.png
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Eisenstern Legacy
    Start | Previous | Family Tree | Family Tree Alt <- this one has name meanings and stuff.

All right, I haven't been posting much recently but I have been playing, so this will be very long. My birthday is this week, so I've been kind of hibernating to be honest. There's just so much drama everywhere anymore, and I lost the patience for it probably last year around April. Maybe closer to March… Anyway so this is long here we go.

TS4-x64-2021-02-20-06-03-15.jpg
    Mayor Whiskers and Diaval get along quite well. Actually better than I was expecting, they still pounce each other from time to time, and chase each other around the house. Kind of cute to watch.
    TS4-x64-2021-02-21-07-56-10.jpg
    These two even sleep together on the same couch sometimes.

TS4-x64-2021-02-21-07-58-48.jpg
    Ezio and Drake remain really close together and they are constantly doing romance interactions with each other. It's nice to see.

TS4-x64-2021-02-21-09-07-44.jpg
    Mayor Whiskers likes to play with the yarn ball. We didn't have one before, and I decided to get one again because Mayor Whiskers likes to play with the yarn ball more than he likes to play with the dangle toy.

TS4-x64-2021-02-21-21-10-57.jpg
    Rest in peace pretty much every premade in the game. This is two lots full of grave stones. I put it in Newcrest because I don't typically use Newcrest for anything.

TS4-x64-2021-02-21-22-54-05.jpg
    One huge difference between Ezio and Morgyn is that Ezio is gigantic. If you catch him at the right angle, he looks like he can hit with the force of a Mack truck. At least he still pays attention to his cat. I can be glad for that.

TS4-x64-2021-02-21-22-54-59.jpg
    When Ezio and Drake still lived here properly, the kids liked to go ask their grandparents for advice, instead of asking their parents. Both Cecily and Avery have now capped out their parenting skill, but the kids didn't like to give them the opportunity to do it. What's really funny to me, is that when they have a low need, they will tend to ask for advice instead of only doing it when they are in a negative mood. In this instance, Hilda was hungry, and that triggered autonomous ask for advice.

I can just imagine Drake was like, "I don't know Hilda, maybe you should start with eating."

TS4-x64-2021-02-21-23-03-55.jpg
    Gabriel got to cook for the first time, mostly I don't let him because Cecily makes enough food for the house miraculously. But he rolled the whim to cook something, and I figured we could do it. He will need the practice anyway, because Cecily won't be here forever, and eventually Diaval will be his responsibility.

TS4-x64-2021-02-21-23-12-32.jpg
    This started happening, and I thought that perhaps Caleb and Morgyn would work together finally. It hasn't really worked at all…

TS4-x64-2021-02-21-23-51-00.jpg
    Diaval got sick again for the first time in a few weeks, so we gave him a treat and a good brushing and petting.

TS4-x64-2021-02-22-05-54-41.jpg
    Ezio continues to have a sense for homework. Cecily and Avery seem to have been getting it from him.

TS4-x64-2021-02-22-21-04-21.jpg
    Ezio also still adores Drake. I'm really happy with how well these two are working together even without my direct intervention.

TS4-x64-2021-02-22-22-11-18.jpg
    Cassandra was invited over, and Gabriel spent most of the time she was there talking to her. Morgyn was not in a bad mood, had no negative moodlets, but spent the entire time she was there looking at her and pouting.

When I first started playing regularly back in June 2020, I was playing the Goth family, intending to start a legacy with Cassandra. Originally, when Realm of Magic first came out, I intended for Morgyn to be the other half of the founding pair, so Cassandra went trying to romance him. Well, unfortunately he decided that he was going to play hard to get, and Cassandra started losing interest.

Then, I decided to see if I could replicate his behavior in a copy of him, and created Damien, who eventually became Ezio. And that save got put on the back burner as I got caught up in Of Frost and Fire instead. The Goth legacy got bounced between my game and my sisters and eventually corrupted, so now I have to restart it. And let me tell you which Blondie we are not wasting time on… Anyway, I suspect Morgyn remembers this, or at least thinks he does, because he was very upset about Cassandra getting along so well with Gabriel.

TS4-x64-2021-02-22-22-18-34.jpg
    And I mean she got along with him very well.

TS4-x64-2021-02-22-22-23-57.jpg
    Morgyn seemed utterly perplexed by how little Cecily and Ezio were bothered by this.

TS4-x64-2021-02-22-22-24-14.jpg
    "How are you not bothered?"
    "Am I supposed to be?"
    "She did marry you you know."
    "And that doesn't mean suddenly now I own her, geez."

TS4-x64-2021-02-22-22-45-12.jpg
    No, he really isn't bothered by this at all. Actually, he seems rather happy about it. I think he's just glad that she's not alone, even if she isn't with him.

TS4-x64-2021-02-22-23-04-06.jpg
    Gabriel got hungry, so he broke away from her long enough to go get a plate of food, and then he went right back to talking to her. I decided that was my sign, and moved her in right after that.

TS4-x64-2021-02-23-01-40-06.jpg
    Diaval decided to sleep at the foot of Cecily and Avery's bed. It was kind of cute.

TS4-x64-2021-02-23-02-03-11.jpg
    Cassandra is cute in the school uniform, even if she does look a little bit weird without her glasses. Unfortunately, the game glitched and kicked her out of school, so I had to put her back in and she started as a D student. Oops.

TS4-x64-2021-02-23-02-17-54.jpg
    This was supposed to be assigned to Drake, but the game glitched and decided to assign it to the cat. I decided here to turn Ezio and Drake into roommates instead of having them living in the house as part of the active household. So like this, I can have them around without having to deal with them myself. It's actually working out pretty well, but there are some oversights in the roommate system and it's making it a little weird to work around.

TS4-x64-2021-02-23-02-30-35.jpg
    The teenagers had a homework party in Cassandra's room.

TS4-x64-2021-02-23-03-44-12.jpg
    Gabriel and Hilda had to finish the out door adventurer badge for scouting, they're both scouts, so I sent them to the park. While we were there, we got to see Bryn, so that was cool. I have a mod in that makes toddlers more frequent sights at parks. So we got to see a bunch of kids too.

TS4-x64-2021-02-23-03-49-19.jpg
    Bryn seemed to be the only parent who had a child here that was also present. Espen is her youngest son, and she and Orlando's second child. I think they probably won't have any more kids. Hilda spent some time talking to her cousin, which was kind of cute.

TS4-x64-2021-02-23-03-57-41.jpg
    For silly reasons, the game pulled Ezio for mixologist. I fixed that later, basically he wasn't set as mine, like he should be, but anyway. Cassandra stuck close to him the entire time they were at the park.

TS4-x64-2021-02-23-03-59-40.jpg
    This is Kurtis. He is Cynemaer and Stella's second child and youngest. Stella is an elder now, so I don't think they will be having anymore kids. Poor him, she's so much older than he is.

I sent Cecily to the park here too, in hopes that the mod that causes more toddler's to spawn at parks would give me Kristyn. Kristyn is Caleb and Morgyn's daughter, and I wanted to add Caleb and Morgyn as roommates but I didn't want to leave their daughter behind. Unfortunately nobody knew her. Fortunately, Cecily managed to find her.

TS4-x64-2021-02-23-04-05-27.jpg
    And then promptly failed a repair spell on the TV. She's not the worst witch, but she's really not the best.

TS4-x64-2021-02-23-19-30-09.jpg
    The teenagers like to hang out with each other, which is nice to see. Cassandra and Hilda get along really well too, and I like to think of it as a sense of sisterhood from them both being goth.

TS4-x64-2021-02-23-20-19-02.jpg
    Cassandra still likes playing the violin, and of course she continues to draw large crowds. Cecily was originally in this, but went to get food, so Cassandra had everyone in the house except the toddler.

TS4-x64-2021-02-24-02-48-47.jpg
    This was happening quite frequently, so I figured Caleb and Morgyn would be just fine and mostly stopped paying attention to them.

TS4-x64-2021-02-24-02-55-04.jpg
    "What is it, and why is it making noise at me?"

TS4-x64-2021-02-24-03-17-04.jpg
    Avery seems perplexed at why Morgyn is so upset. Morgyn is just embarrassed from being bad at using chopsticks.

TS4-x64-2021-02-24-03-49-13.jpg
    The handling of roommates toddlers is not very good. I suspect EA imagined that most players wouldn't have child roommates, let alone toddlers. Well, this leads to some oddities with toddlers. First, neither Caleb or Morgyn bother with her whatsoever. Secondly, she cannot ask them for help, she is stuck asking played Sims that she knows, this would be Cecily and Avery. Cecily is also the only one in the house besides her parents that does not give her the stranger danger moodlet, because Cecily is her cousin. Outside of that, everyone else is too distant a relation to not trigger the moodlet.

For a game that has achievements for making it a certain number of generations, this game sure hates generational play. It really, really does.

TS4-x64-2021-02-24-04-03-22.jpg
    Cassandra and Ezio made good friends with each other when I wasn't looking, and no one was surprised. They seem to still have crushes on each other, and that isn't surprising to me either. Ezio and Cassandra are actually very tight solid relationship, at least when it Caleb's not messing up its equilibrium.

TS4-x64-2021-02-24-04-07-39.jpg
    Freya came over, and we had a lot of Eisensterns in the house at once. It was kind of nice, if a little bit hectic.

TS4-x64-2021-02-24-04-38-19.jpg
    Now here is another, less logical, oversight of the room mate system. Apparently, the system is not designed to care for roommates that are vampires, so Caleb simply loses his thirst bar, and snaps and attacks the first human Sim in range. In this instance, Cecily was closest.

He has tamed thirst now. Cecily did not care. She just slept it off, even as Caleb had a super powerful tense moodlet from it. He got more upset about it than she did. I told you CalebxCecily was a thing.

TS4-x64-2021-02-24-04-41-12.jpg
    Sigh. I don't know what Morgyn did, but whatever it was, it overrode Caleb's enamoured sentiment with a hurt one. I swear Cagyn does not want to work in my game anymore.

Made me start wondering if I could get it to work again by recreating Morgyn off Ezio. So I'm going to try that really quick, and we'll see how that goes.

TS4-x64-2021-02-24-05-06-58.jpg
    Cecily needed more sleep from the plasma drain. Jeez Caleb, you probably only needed to ask. xD

TS4-x64-2021-02-24-05-14-15.jpg
    Cynemaer came by, and thankfully, because he's another one Kristyn can talk to without getting stranger danger. Roommate toddlers' parents just don't bother with their toddler at all, so Kristyn's pretty consistently in need of assistance and a good talk. I managed to get her to be able to adopt Cecily as caregiver, so Cecily has parenting options with her now.

TS4-x64-2021-02-24-05-16-08.jpg
    Gabriel was kind enough to put Kristyn to bed. Bless him, Cecily was still sleeping off the vampire bite.

Now to see if I can go fix my Morgyn. Sigh. If not, I'm just gonna kill him and move on.

Next
    Post edited by Keidra on
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    @DeafSimmer
    Yes, in the active household are Cecily, Avery, Gabriel, Cassandra, Hilda, and Diaval, then Ezio, Drake, and Mayor Whiskers in one set of roommates, and now Caleb, Morgyn, and Kristyn in another set of roommates, totalling 12 Sims.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.

• Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member
    Grim was wandering around the house when he noticed this little thing here.
    Grim: "What the hell is this thing?"
    Anakin: "It's a Jedi artifact that Master Luke left so it'll help guide me down the path to being a Jedi."
    9yTRSw7.png
    Grim: "Well now that you mentioned it, this artifact DOES help me see the benefits of the Jedi order."
    RHJAlZY.png
    Grim: "NO! I can't go against the Dark Side like this! I'll just go back to looking at this Sith artifact."
    RCMdU1g.png
    Grim: "Man I feel so angry after looking at this thing, I feel much better!"
    zCm3SwH.png
    A little while later, Grim and Sabrina decided to go make some sweet love.
    GTl4kk3.png
    7 minutes later.
    Grim Sr: "Seriously, I thought Elders could perform woo hoo twice before they die from overexertion."
    sZcJ7FZ.png
    Grim Jr: "I know, not happy that a glitch killed my wife."
    Sabrina: "Someone get me an ambulance!"
    TZ8ITjf.png
    Grim: "Hey Samara, just wanted to let you know that your mom just died."
    yTVHqS1.png
    Grim: "Wait, Samara? When did you age up?!"
    Samara: "When Grandpa was reaping Mom's soul. I didn't want to bother anyone."
    5IMwEvj.png
    Behold, the one death that makes Grim cry...Well I mean he probably shed a few tears for Darth Vader as well but still.
    jbjWbSj.png
    Grim: "Say, I know what'll help me feel better. How about some Father Daughter time?"
    Samara: "Yeah sure whatever."
    Bi0evow.png
    So they did Yoga, which both of them were terrible at.
    Drk7ilt.png
    So seeing as how Anakin and Jewel are both going down different force related paths, they have new outfits to signify their paths.
    YZz9QAV.png
    Jewel: "So like, just letting you know. Dad and I are going to crush the Jedi order."
    Anakin: "I'm the only Jedi."
    Jewel: "Exactly."
    ARfCXg8.png
    Anakin: "Listen, Mom JUST died. Can't we give the Jedi Vs Sith thing a break for a little while?"
    5t2BHpv.png
    Grim: "Now kids, there's only one way to settle this."
    HLNBm2s.png
    Anakin: "Seriously though, I don't think this is the best idea."
    8tV6hfe.png
    Grim: "Alright you two have fun now. Jewel sweetie, make sure to crush him!"
    JCY4PnI.png
    And right here you can see just how inexperienced they are.
    f135hgq.png
    b9jbfOa.png
    Jewel: "Yeah so like, let's do this again when we're more experienced."
    Anakin: "Agreed."
    ndcPE6e.png
    Grim: "Aw man, Anakin survived."
    BAlPMaV.png
    Anyways, time for Sabrina's funeral.
    dIZhjna.png
    Grim: "Hey Casey, thanks for coming to your Mom's funeral."
    9BhsVC7.png
    Casey: "Wait, Mom died? I thought this was a Bar Mitzvah!"
    J0FhrtN.png
    Hunter: "Boy, I can't wait to tell Mom that I'm pregnant again!"
    Grim: "Then I have some terrible news to tell you!"
    IGie8D0.png
    Octavia: "I'm only here for the free food."
    O7Eucw7.png
    Luna: "And I never miss an opportunity to look good in black."
    70EBDlx.png
    Anakin: "Master Skywalker, is it time to continue my training?"
    Luke: "No kid, I'm just here to get paid for playing the piano."
    EFVH8D6.png
    Man, a lot of people want to see Jedi Master Luke Skywalker on the piano.
    e3aDQdC.png
    Luke: "Amazing how this is what I'll be remembered for after death."
    S3lwnCW.png
    Grim Jr: "Hey Dad, thanks for showing up."
    Grim Sr: "Personally, I think it's INCREDIBLY tacky for me to show up to any funeral. But hey, she was a pretty swell daughter in law."
    opKUn9H.png
    Grim: "Aunt Sonya, what are you doing here? We didn't invite you."
    jS860fs.png
    Sonya: "Ah you know I never miss a funeral. They make me feel so giddy inside."
    tY9ObTo.png
    Oh great, looks like the kids are fighting again. Wonder who insulted who's honor first.
    t1KKYnn.png
    Boy I hope Jewel blocks this strike.
    Hs1VmZD.png
    Sonya: "Grim, I'm such a big fan. Can I get your autograph?"
    jnNCTiA.png
    Grim: "Eh I don't think that's a good idea."
    GUoTMNg.png
    Literally 12 seconds later.
    WFfbHVs.png
    Sonya: "I'm not crying over the autograph, I'm actually crying over Sabrina, she was pretty nice. I'm not THAT awful."
    5kAXtOi.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    If anyone is curious:

I grabbed a tray/library copy of Ezio, and just gave him another makeover and turned him back into Morgyn, changed his traits and stuff. I had to cheat him back into place re: family + the sage trait (btw, having a sage as a roommate doesn't disable their sageness), and then cheated him back in as Caleb's husband and Kristyn's other parent.

He and Caleb immediately got mutual deeply connected sentiments, and he looks like Morgyn but the second he starts doing anything, Ezio spills out onto the floor. Caleb walks away from him smiling, as he should.

unknown.png
    I think they'll be okay now.

Funny enough, I had a conversation with spousal bean about how I could very easily change an Ezio to look like Morgyn and my Cagyn could be Calio under the hood and no one would notice. xD I didn't expect to end up doing it...
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

• Options
    Grim and Aislinn finally managed to get away for a couple of days. They booked a night at a new Bed and Breakfast in Windenburg.

There was romance and poetry recitations in the light of a beach bonfire.

ajDU03R.png

GzhJbvE.png

And then they talked about the current state of the family. Makaria had moved out with Yvonne, Mordecai and Pendragon were enjoying city life with their partners, Dullahan and Shana had recently passed, Artemis and Zoey wouldn't be far behind...

"So what your saying is we should have more children?" Grim asked.

dtzzbkG.png

gJQ6jE9.png

Welcome Shai and Daena Reaper.
    foeULTk.png

kSdxCbx.png

• Options
    @DoodlyDoofus I'm so jealous that your Grim Sr still has his original figure. Mine went through a phase of just working out non stop (despite all attempts to direct him elsewhere) that he ended up getting so jacked that not even cas.fulleditmode or insta-lean potion will get him back to his normal Grim size. :D

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I decided to combine my OG Cole's(the founders I'd made pre-basegame release in the CAS demo) with ones I'd had since last year and I personally love them! Ryan and Katie met while in college earning teaching degrees.(I forget what degree the education career falls under)
    During the spring semester of their final year Ryan had taken a necklace he'd given Katie when they first started dating in their second year of college and had their initials engraved into it. This was his way of proposing because Katie told him she wasn't into the whole 'engagement ring thing'.
    FP8DajW.png
    tr6Kaqs.png
    39W7Bgr.png
    ib3k75V.png
    wpxy2cf.png
    VgTqIF1.png
    (Pic2: the base game necklace was edited by @CameronLineage I love it and I know the Cole descendants will too)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I don't have screenshots yet, but now that all my sims have their occult status, I can finally remodel the house to fit their needs. Merfolk in Sulani don't need conventional bedrooms, in fact, it's possible to meet almost all their needs without leaving the water. So, what I'm doing is removing the extra bedrooms merfolk don't need, they sleep better in the ocean inside haunted houses anyways, and I'm creating little huts for each of the sims.

So far, I got like 70-80% of the lot remodeled, but I might do more later. Once they reach young adult, Ember, Jade, and Juniper will have their rooms and spaces separated from their parents. Right now, Juniper is a merboy and Jade is a fledgling vampire, so I'm still treating them like they are children.

Dylan and Zeph have their spaces separated from the rest of the house. Their rooms are in open water connected by bridges to the rest of the house. I still have more I want to condense, but I ended up removing the entire fourth floor!
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    If you are bored and need a challenge? Try to create a typical living room or with dining space from the GDR ( German Democratic Republic/East Germany).

It's nearly impossible. The game offers you almost nothing on items, only a few decoration items matched really. The rest is, well, at least I've tried. After 4 hours of building, this is my best attempt.

VASkuq2.png
    ubnXT8g.png
    Ax9BEWU.png
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Sweet little Lorelai Ember followed the footsteps of her kin and committed her first murder, burning the woman her former husband had been cheating her with to death.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    @Daravi I don't know anything about style in the GDR but this is beautiful.

(Still wondering how people view ceilings? The ceilings don't show for me. If I go up to the next story, I assume the ceiling appears, but I can't see it because the camera is now on the next story up.)
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @mightysprite Thank you :) the style was a combinaton of midcentury and the old germany stuff. It looks cheap, but it wasn't and these furnitures were built for an eternity, at least for 2o years and more.

To see the ceiling, you need to switch from the Sims 4 to the Sims3 camera. Then you have to press the mouse wheel for the camera positioning.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Sweet little Lorelai Ember followed the footsteps of her kin and committed her first murder, burning the woman her former husband had been cheating her with to death.

@AngeliqueAdelaide glad to see things are progressing as normal in your save :)

@sarabeth2984 I really enjoyed your latest update - sorry not uo to longer coments today :) I loved seeing your RL pets - sorry that it was in such chilly circumstances for them - hope things are getting better.

Grey Not so Berry Update
    previous update

AT the end of the last update Slate had broken up with Brenda and started dating Shari.
    LgxsGrx.png
    He also got onto the main football team finally...
    tOAvYZ7.png
    So the big money started coming in and both he and Shari completed doing up the warehouse like he had dreamed....
    suO62Uy.png

Finished reno pics
    lpIsxzY.png
    vIvWl1U.png
    7MIUwPZ.png
    J16quOR.png
    Slates favourite part of the renovation - a full indoors gym / basketball court
    dqj1MKl.png
    D8WmQ8m.png
    I moved the garden to the front of the lot
    ayEsccY.png

SLate gets the surprise he dreamed of..
    Shari works in the education career
    hRo6ys6.png
    And because of her neat trait spends a lot of her time following Slate around so she can pick up his dirty dishes etc
    XVuxs3X.png
    But there is time for other things as well
    24BRnMQ.png
    So it wasn't to long before Shari had something to tell Slate..
    GubvTvi.png
    He was so happy he was going to be a Dad that he started crying
    9JgJfmp.png
    The mother to be
    cyRjCMf.png
    Slate wants to be sure he has the family he dreamed of and proposes
    SnHJeae.png
    Of course she said yes - Shari had been dreaming of this moment since high school
    R5aBZ8n.png
    Lucky Slate is maximum fitness - don't want to drop your fiance when she has precious cargo onboard
    fojuZMt.png

My save is happy again
    Dwight was the first person Slate told
    Jc5X2HW.png
    They were too cute!
    NYW4gG4.png
    Shari loved being pregnant
    WwlLfyf.png
    WU5NVeU.png
    lC7PeJG.png
    Slate was extremely atentive
    nwmyOwZ.png
    v1RK16v.png
    djScfe8.png

All of this means I get to do another wedding :smiley:

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    A couple of preview screenshots...

Which twin will win this friendly duel?

YH1GLN5.jpg

Aww, such a cute sentiment for someone to have about their twin!! <3

cLus33Y.jpg

Congratulations, Peter! Your next promotion isn't far away!

sexmI1s.jpg

These two continue to be adorable <3

D7qaua8.jpg

• Options
    I'll have some Reaper family time updates soon, plus Grim got a new cat, Jabari actually met his grandfather for the first time, Byron's now a young adult & met a potential love interest.

Today's game specifically, I have been going through and choosing which of my sims I am going to cull due to game glitches. So some of them have had immortality removed, and I'm still deciding which ones are going to meet with sudden 'accidents' and which are going to die of old age. This has had happened before, my Sims family gets too big, computer I'm running the Sims on really isn't fully up to the task, and eventually I have to let some of them go.

• Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    My save file for my game got all messed up and I foolishly deleted it so now I'm starting over. The most interesting thing that has happened was with the Pleasant family and Mary-Sue giving birth to triplets: Lotta, Barry, and Joy.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    On Sunday, I thought it'd be a fun idea to challenge Xanthe to a duel.
    "Yeah, sounds like fun!" Xanthe replied when I posed the question.

PHt4Vdq.jpg

"OK, let's go!" I cried.
    Sparks flew from our fingers as we adopted fighting stances.
    (I love how Alexander looks like he's just going "oh man I hope everything goes OK")

lCUBYa4.jpg

After some intense spellcasting, Xanthe was blasted into the air and she landed on her back. I was victorious, but obviously concerned about how Xanthe was.

8ryytDn.jpg

"Hey! Are you OK?"
    "Yeah, sure," Xanthe replied.
    "I didn't realise you'd end up on your back like that," I said anxiously.
    "No, it was an odd sensation flying backwards like that. But I'm not hurt. Perhaps the magic prevented it being painful."

7JtyXfq.jpg

Alexander's little sister Helen popped over for a visit.
    "Hey! Can I come over and play?" she asked.
    "Yeah, sure," I replied. "Apollo and Artemis are away at their scout meeting, but they'll be home pretty soon."
    "OK, cool, I can wait," she said. Before walking into the apartment, however, she looked from me to her brother with a mischievous grin on her face.
    "I hear you and Alexander are dating," she grinned.
    "Yeah, he's cute," I replied.
    "He's also a pain in the butt."

EzgdZ3q.jpg

That evening, Dad used the potions cauldron to make a giant batch of chili. It was pretty tasty. Quite why we stood around the cauldron instead of going into the kitchen, I have no idea.

79XN9iO.jpg

The next morning, before school, Xanthe made everyone eggs and toast for breakfast. She's a wannabe cook like me.

WiWFo6d.jpg

As often happened, I invited Alexander over after school. Once everyone else had left the hallway, we shared a kiss. I'm not particularly shy or anything, but I didn't really want anyone teasing me or making disgust noises.

vPVU0q9.jpg

Tuesday was 'Summer Festival' day, and we had the day off school. I decided to make scramble eggs and bacon, when Coco decided to 'help'...

VsC57er.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    The Eisenstern Legacy
    Start | Previous | Family Tree | Family Tree Alt <- this one has name meanings and stuff.

(Life whining)
    I have a messed up circadian rhythm. Basically it amounts to it wanders, slowly shifting by an hour over time, so eventually I go to sleep at like 9am and wake up at 6pm. My father never understood this and seems to think I can fix it by just, idk, manifesting some discipline, like I don't already have plenty. Whatever. I'm in one of those ruts at the moment, it'll move again eventually, but presently my dad's deciding I need to wake up at 11am just because he... idk, felt like opening my door I guess.

I need to move. Smh. lol I'm in a depression rut too, the combination isn't great, so I don't even want to play this game right now, let alone build, so I went looking for one already built.

Also Instagram decided it hates me, it's temporary probably, but ykw the feeling is mutual. e_e

Mostly I've been doing a lot of building. I asked a Sims Discord if anyone knew any builds that weren't full of columns, cramped, and awkward inside and are gothic-Victorian-magic-y, and someone suggested StrangerVille Overlook, and I was like hmm, ykw that might work. Tbh I don't pay much attention to the default EA builds because before recently they tended to be... just okay. >>

TS4-x64-2021-02-25-06-45-59.jpg
    ... idk Cyne, maybe go with your wife??
    TS4-x64-2021-02-25-06-52-28.jpg
    That happened. >.< They became BFFs.

TS4-x64-2021-02-25-06-53-43.jpg
    I'd say they get along really well. Gabriel still goes off to talk to her a lot, and she occasionally seeks him out too.

TS4-x64-2021-02-25-17-51-41.jpg
    Freya came over, and told stories about robot invasions. Gabriel looks like, "Ooookay... aunt Frey's really lost it now..." Dw Gabriel, she married an alien, she might actually know what she's on about.

TS4-x64-2021-02-25-17-59-53.jpg
    Kristyn seems to really like Gabriel. She's looking at him.

TS4-x64-2021-02-25-19-09-11.jpg
    Generations of Eisensterns have mastered this magic thing before you. Now, it is your turn.

Good luck, Gabe.

TS4-x64-2021-02-25-19-22-16.jpg
    Is it just me or did he get bigger? Hmm, come to think, his muscle slider might've gone up. Oh dear. I have an Ezio in the OG Libergyn save who managed to cap out his muscle slider, and Ezio-as-a-truck and Caleb-as-a-truck are about the same level of odd.

TS4-x64-2021-02-26-00-18-39.jpg
    Freya AND Cynemaer this time! Woot!

TS4-x64-2021-02-26-01-32-53.jpg
    These two are still inseparable. ... and more alike now, I guess. Lol The Morgyn before used to do that thing where he'd just be pouting for no reason, but this one doesn't. Actually he has that look Ezio's normally got. Like he knows something you don't.

TS4-x64-2021-02-26-03-18-00.jpg
    Nice to know *that* hasn't changed, though. (Those're Morgyn's needs.)

I got tired of having to juggle taking care of the active Sims + dealing with Caleb and Mayor Whiskers, and I moved Ezio, Drake, and Mayor out to Rock Ridge, and then moved Morgyn, Caleb, and Kristyn to Glimmerbrook Watch. If I want them back, I can bring them back. Drake apparently had an accident and threatened to move out over it anyway, so it was just as well.

Apparently he didn't have enough things to take care of himself, and I'm like it's not my fault you put off going to the bathroom until you had an accident. It's really, really not.

TS4-x64-2021-02-26-05-08-44.jpg
    Ari came by! This is Bryn's oldest son. He looks skeptical. And a lot like an Ember, oshgosh.

TS4-x64-2021-02-26-22-05-36.jpg
    "If you hurt Hilda, I will curse your bloodline for 100 generations."
    "... hi to you too...?"

(This is Matt Ross, Hilda's boyfriend. He's based on Cameron Fletcher.)

TS4-x64-2021-02-26-22-11-24.jpg
    Teen party!

TS4-x64-2021-02-26-22-46-47.jpg
    That Saturday morning, Gabriel decided to take Cassie out on a date. They didn't do what normally happens during dates, that is, they take off on a flirt fest, but I think it may be because they're teens.

Anyway, she was so happy about it she spontaneously started singing.

TS4-x64-2021-02-26-22-47-55.jpg
    Kaylie was there!

TS4-x64-2021-02-26-22-57-10.jpg
    She's doing the yay food! thing but she's looking at him. Haha.

TS4-x64-2021-02-26-23-00-13.jpg
    L was there too!

TS4-x64-2021-02-27-16-04-34.jpg
    And here's what StrangerVille Outlook normally looks like.

TS4-x64-2021-02-28-01-09-13.jpg
    And what I did with it. This is the first build of mine in a while that I've liked the landscaping for. I actually also love the toro lamps we got with SE, omg. The light from those isn't super bright but isn't really dim and I love it.

TS4-x64-2021-02-28-03-15-13.jpg
    And here's the family portrait wall. It's coming along nicely.

Here's the rest of the build, top-down view.
    Post edited by Keidra on
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

• Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    I edited this video of Little house on the Prairie. :3https://youtu.be/I0Qromxx1LA It has only 18 seconds so far. ; ) The voice is from the child actress who played Laura in the 2005 version.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I've kind of reached a point where I only play the game on weekends. Last weekend I finished the San Myshuno house and I never came back and posted the parts about Adam and Yuki. I'll put a brief-ish summary below this spoiler.
    So last rotation Adam Andreas and Yuki Behr met, and I was going to do this whole story about her desire to have a place to engage in creative pursuits, and Adam's desire to impress her by helping get the local community space to be turned into a maker space, and have the experience lead to his political career. Generally, that is what happened, but due to some unexpected gameplay limitations and my own forgetfulness, it's more of a headcanon of what happened rather than what was seen on screen. However, during the whole process, Yuki asked him to go out once and came over after school the next day, so their relationship advanced as I had hoped. Some highlights:

Making a move on the living room couch.
    uWdHZjr.png
    b2ZCGdu.png
    xMqbTed.png

They had their first kiss and became a couple in the empty community space while dreaming about its potential.
    0eCZ98p.png
    tYsmYf9.png

They're pretty cheesy sometimes.
    xEctZ5d.png

But sometimes a little suave.
    FMhfF0z.png

The community space in question used to be the gym in Uptown. I decided that when the gym went out of business the property was taken by the community. So not a dump like intended, but still a chance for the rich kid to have his first experience campaigning for something for those less fortunate than himself. Anyway there's still a basketball court on top and they took a selfie there, but were photobombed by a DU pemade.
    UnmV7xX.png

Here are some other pictures of the two of them. Adam seems to always be posing when he's idle.
    Qdl3ZuO.png
    uCjEtaS.png

While they waited for the votes Adam took Yuki on a date to the arcade. Best option for a geeky girlfriend.
    o1iDkUc.png
    N8MjIHq.png
    1Qpt4tX.png

Finally the votes came back. They did it!
    2lGm1fq.png

And then they went down and played around with the stylist part of the new maker space. Adam is a brave boy.
    h0d2TFy.png

And unfortunately the only picture I got after she was done was this one, so you can't see much.
    y3DTOLx.png
    But it looks pretty decent.

In my head, Yuki is on her way to becoming a cosplay trendsetter. I'm going to try having her make over a lot of townie party outfits so my sims aren't the only ones who have costumes in that category. So the fact that the haircut she gave Adam would work on a Starfleet captain works for me.
    So now they got their wish for the space, Yuki has a place to play with hair and costumes, Adam has the politics bug, and they are an official cute couple. They'll age up next rotation.

And then this weekend I played a week in Magnolia Promenade with Erick and Noelle.
    TnCJjkv.png
    That is one of my favorite screenshots right now.

Noelle has been decorating the house with her artwork.
    57uvbKN.png

More below the next spoiler.
    Erick was able to do enough surgeries to get his promotion.
    RYCLJgT.png

Now he has to deliver a baby, so when I'm headed to their house next rotation I'll have to get some townies pregnant so he can get the chance.
    I have been mostly playing him as a pediatrician except when his job requirements for the day are for things that require adult patients.
    mzf4tDw.png

He makes exceptions for family and celebrities (which is why he has a daughter with Brytani Cho). Ivy was a patient this week.
    mvw4TXU.png

This week ended with the 4th of Memorial holiday. This is a combo of Memorial day and 4th of July that happens the first Monday of summer. Grilling is an activity, so they started the day at a park in Newcrest where Erick's sons Esau and Jacob joined them for a grilled brunch.
    HhJP4g6.png

Uncle Derrick stopped by for a while too.
    92OFRVF.png

The park is called the haunted gnome park and it's across the street from the cemetery on one side and the Halloween themed restaurant on the other. Noelle had some fun with her brothers.
    Gnn0UWB.png

Afterwards they went over to the cemetery to pay their respects to Grandpa Khaled. Since drinking is a holiday tradition on this day, and the cemetery is on a nightclub lot (vampire hangout), my personal tradition has been to have sims visit a loved one's grave and then go into the bar and have a drink in their memory. Since there was a child present, they had a round of root beer floats.
    p5quZge.png

And some good family conversation.
    qIfTJYp.png

And then cousin Darius showed up and I realized that I'd given he and Jacob the exact same top for their hot weather outfits. So I'll probably be changing that when I play Jacob's household later.

In the evening Erick and Noelle went to the Humor and Hijinks festival, because it conveniently happened on a holiday involving fireworks.
    Noelle chose the jokesters, and then ran into some of her cousins having a club meeting at the art center. She went over and told them some jokes.
    13wsCBq.png

Erick's first firework attempt didn't go so well. Noelle had better luck with her sparkler.
    lCX9aBU.png

Finally Erick got some more enjoyable fireworks action.
    rVK4rqp.png

After that they'd both had enough holiday goodness to max out their enjoyment of the day, so they went home without waiting for the final fireworks display. Erick needed a bath, after all!

And that was pretty much their week! Noelle completed the artistic prodigy aspiration and made good progress on her mental and social skills also. She started and ended the week as an A student in excellent position. And with her toy doctor's kit she's made progress on the empathy character value. All of this is good because she'll age to teen early next rotation.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Sooo i got bored and decided to make my current family a royal family. Had to switch the gameplay up lol.

Queen:
    cul2n64.png
    VpzP7Sq.png

King:
    vvocEVU.png
    zEm8pyu.png

Princesses:
    HEHgBHW.png
    tHeQfoh.png
    ZDcLH4P.png
    B9bj8dh.png
    IsgXF2f.png