Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Normal Map Change?

I recently submitted a retextured item to TSR, which got rejected because "you have left the old EA normal map on your creation. You must update the normal map to match your creation as this can cause errors in game view. All textures must be updated in sims 4 (even recolors) for us to accept the creation."

I am a little unsure what they mean. The object I recolored only has one texture to change in Sims 4 Studio. Could someone explain to me what they are referring to? Thanks.

The item I submitted is the jar from Dine Out. I've submitted objects, hair, makeup, etc. before with no problems. So this is a first for me.

HcrPJVm.png

Comments

• TwelfthDoctor1TwelfthDoctor1 Posts: 31 Member
    I recently submitted a retextured item to TSR, which got rejected because "you have left the old EA normal map on your creation. You must update the normal map to match your creation as this can cause errors in game view. All textures must be updated in sims 4 (even recolors) for us to accept the creation."

I am a little unsure what they mean. The object I recolored only has one texture to change in Sims 4 Studio. Could someone explain to me what they are referring to? Thanks.

The item I submitted is the jar from Dine Out. I've submitted objects, hair, makeup, etc. before with no problems. So this is a first for me.

HcrPJVm.png

Is it because of the other swatches???
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited March 2021
    Normal Maps and Spec Maps can be found in the Warehouse tab on S4S.

Normal maps gives flat objects "fake depth", so if you didn't change the normal map to match your tomato shapes, then the default normal map would show thru on your tomatoes and have the shape of the peppers.

You will need to change both the Normal Map and the Spec Map because the default spec map is also specific to the original peppers.

The normal map is the gray one that looks lumpy
    B0Nn0lw.png

Spec maps are colorful and give objects shine or glossiness, like the jar
    An1Vhp9.png