Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pausing A University Degree

My sim has completed 8 of the 12 hours required for her Physics degree. If I have her take a break from Uni and start a new job instead of completing the remaining 4 hours will she be considered a drop out and lose her progress and have to start over?

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    ...do you mean credits? Instead of hours? If you leave in the middle of the course week you’ll be considered drop out but you’ll be able to continue it from the credits you left off. For dropping out you won’t be able to enroll for 1 week
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    If you finish the course week, when it gives you the option to enroll in classes you don’t have to. But you can pick up where you left off
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Weird things would happen in my game if I switched households while a Sim was enrolled in University. Now I make sure to stay with a household to finish the semester they’re in first before switching to a new family.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021
    Does it change if we're playing with aging off? I mean, if my sim does one week in uni and then i rotate to other households, but aging is off for all, will it stay paused?
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Does it change if we're playing with aging off? I mean, if my sim does one week in uni and then i rotate to other households, but aging is off for all, will it stay paused?

Yes as long as you have completed that semester at uni. I play rotationally too with uni the only thing it affects for me is my sims loose their scholarship money but the degree progress itself will be pauses until you rotate back and enroll for a new semester.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Thanks everyone. I was able to start a career and it didn't effect my university enrollment.

AD0zAHU.png

Weird thing is I've already completed the Scientist career. 2 years ago.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953557/cant-believe-i-waited-this-long-to-start-the-scientist-career/p1

I wanted to upgrade my cloning machine but got the message it was unlocked at level 8 of the scientist career. Go figure. :p

SxOS0Ud.png

So I'm going to zip through that really quickly and then finish my physics degree. I was sorta kinda ready for a break anyway because this would be my third degree in a row.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

Yes as long as you have completed that semester at uni. I play rotationally too with uni the only thing it affects for me is my sims loose their scholarship money but the degree progress itself will be pauses until you rotate back and enroll for a new semester.

Oh cool! Thank you.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I do this all the time. All my 30+ graduates took 1 year break between each term. I play the dorm for one term as part of my rotation. I make sure they say "no" to enroll to next term, then I leave to play other houses and will return to the dorm one year later. My students are fine, they just enroll and go on with their next term. The only difference I can imagine is that they will need to reapply for all scholarships - I think they are automatically granted if you say "yes" instead of "no" to enroll immediately. Because it takes a day or so to get accepted for those scholarships, I normally stop by the dorm to make them apply a couple days before I go there to have them reenroll. It works very well for my rotational play, and I make sure to fill up the dorm with actively played students to make it all a bit rational. Most of them will get A+, no problem.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I have had to drop sims out of college before, it is when I return to a sim who is in Uni and they are on probation, I will drop them out. Then there are the sims who do go to Uni classes like they should and I will keep them in a just play one semester at a time. I tried back to back semesters with completing degrees and it can get pretty boring, pretty fast.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.