Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thus I heard, chicken coop is coming back?

AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
Base on the vote in Twitter created by Mr Rodiek, farming is on the way and chicken coop is the Core.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy

Comments

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    What a...
    Crab-body-7f9ae78.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited February 2021
    elelunicy wrote: »

Lol in the past ppl swore the next pack was based off a tweet, imagine telling the boss, twitter said this. Huhh that’s not enough to make a choice. Soo many ppl here be like I don’t use twitter as well, it doesn’t reach many players.
    It is odd though they know the base had wanted farming for years now and they haven’t really touched a similar aspect of it
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Those tweets are from 2018 and Grant doesn’t even work on Sims games anymore.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I will say, that I hope chickens are free roaming. Chicken coup hole is useless. I want real animals and I would love it if it was individual and they could be mated and color results. It saddens me to see horses on a farm poll. Except the large horses, horses are not real farm animals. Sure some people have them on farms, but they don't put out products. Horses could be in a horse/pegasus/unicorn pack or an old days pack. Farming should have farm animals in it since this is the only chance we will get to have real farm animals. If horses come in it, we won't get pigs, chickens, goats, and cows. Even with an EP, we will probably get only 3 animals and maybe four. Pigs, chickens, goats, and cows are the main farm animals and I'm hoping they are considered before and above all others. Also, I have zero clues why some want werewolves which have zero to do with farming. That would be coyote. Wolves should be in an Urban Legends pack or with multiple other NPC ect. I'm not a fan of wolves at all. What I do want is barns, lots of farm equipment(several tractors, hay baler, hay rake, crop collector, hand hoe), Co-op to sell/buy good and animals, electric/barbed/wooden fences, crops(hay-round and square ect.). I want real farming stuff instead of decor/filler content that we can get in any old pack and which will take away space from real farm items. The post may be old, but we know that they still look at them and have them in mind when making new content.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    We aaaaalllll don't want these animals to be separate, because I want horses along with farm animals. The reason why I want them is because it's a part of farm life, and that's a part of planet earth, and I like it.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    We aaaaalllll don't want these animals to be separate, because I want horses along with farm animals. The reason why I want them is because it's a part of farm life, and that's a part of planet earth, and I like it.

Horses could also come as part of ranches and have their own big world suitable for horse riding, racing or dressage. On a farm, a horse is just there for transportation and to pull carts around.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

Horses could also come as part of ranches and have their own big world suitable for horse riding, racing or dressage. On a farm, a horse is just there for transportation and to pull carts around.

Now, I know I have to be careful, but not EVERYONE comes from America. I'm Australian and probably most people I know would think of horses and ranches when they think of farming. Most of the folks I know live in the suburbs with me.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I will say, that I hope chickens are free roaming. Chicken coup hole is useless. I want real animals and I would love it if it was individual and they could be mated and color results. It saddens me to see horses on a farm poll. Except the large horses, horses are not real farm animals. Sure some people have them on farms, but they don't put out products. Horses could be in a horse/pegasus/unicorn pack or an old days pack. Farming should have farm animals in it since this is the only chance we will get to have real farm animals. If horses come in it, we won't get pigs, chickens, goats, and cows. Even with an EP, we will probably get only 3 animals and maybe four. Pigs, chickens, goats, and cows are the main farm animals and I'm hoping they are considered before and above all others. Also, I have zero clues why some want werewolves which have zero to do with farming. That would be coyote. Wolves should be in an Urban Legends pack or with multiple other NPC ect. I'm not a fan of wolves at all. What I do want is barns, lots of farm equipment(several tractors, hay baler, hay rake, crop collector, hand hoe), Co-op to sell/buy good and animals, electric/barbed/wooden fences, crops(hay-round and square ect.). I want real farming stuff instead of decor/filler content that we can get in any old pack and which will take away space from real farm items. The post may be old, but we know that they still look at them and have them in mind when making new content.

Werewolves have nothing to do with farms but also not with urban legends. Werewolves roam free in country settings...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    A ranch is for raising cattle but I think when people request farming they mostly want everything possible related to farming and that includes other farm animals, tractors and large swathes of land. In my country horses are mostly used by small farmers to pull carts around, but I am not sure most simmers would like that. It all depends on the budget EA has to develop packs, for full fledged horses with riding, showjumping, racing, etc, they might need a separate pack and could release them with a world based on England where horses are very popular for racing, riding or as pets but not necessarily as farm animals. They could release cows with a pack based on India, so cows could be milked but not butchered.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »

I want this too. I want at least cows, chickens, pigs and sheep, goats would be good too. I want cows to be able to be used for meat and milk, chickens for eggs and meat, pigs for meat, sheep can be used for meat and wool. and I want them all free roaming ( we can fence them in if we want ). That doesn’t mean you have to eat or sell them, but I want the option to, and also to breed them.

I would also like a butter churn, be able to make cheese, and also have a canning station. A flour mill would go over well too. And I would love a sewing machine with patterns for baby through elder!

I think that sims should have to feed the animals as well. And children and teens should be able to do this as well for responsibility ( for parenthood ).

A few crops I would like to see are cotton ( that and wool from sheep’s could be used from the sewing machines and for knitting). Hay, corn, and wheat. Hay can be used for hay bales and horses when we get them in a game pack, corn can be used to eat in recipe’s or for chicken feed. Wheat can be used to make flour to bake bread and cupcakes and things. Orange tree’s would be nice as well with a juice squeezer to make orange juice and lemonade.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    edited February 2021
    Besides cows, chickens, pigs and sheep, something I really want and in my opinion they could replace the sheep without any problem is LLAMAS! and I would love to have them as pets! They are the favorite pet of the sims! It's about time they gave us this, they could also give wool!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited February 2021
    Besides cows, chickens, pigs and sheep, something I really want and in my opinion they could replace the sheep without any problem is LLAMAS! and I would love to have them as pets! They are the favorite pet of the sims! It's about time they gave us this, they could also give wool!

I think llamas would be nice too, but since llamas are tall, they might fit better in a horses pack.....