Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2021 (Now Live)

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Well one thing is almost 100% certain is that we won't be seeing any new Packs this month with only 2 full weeks remaining. But it is good to know that we'll be getting a game update on 25th. How big do you think the update will be? Big or small or something in between? I'm leaning towards the size of this month's update being of something in between.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited February 2021
    There might be some sexy pj's also. No one has thought about that. CC Creators create stuff like that.

yes, with dragon print! :lol:
    or maybe we get vicki vampiress outfit so she can sell the 21 dragons to our sims
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    There might be some sexy pj's also. No one has thought about that. CC Creators create stuff like that.

yes, with dragon print! :lol:
    or maybe we get vicki vampiress outfit so she can sell the 21 dragons to our sims

we can always hope
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    As with most things in the Sims 4, keep your expectations very low and you'll avoid being too underwhelmed.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    As with most things in the Sims 4, keep your expectations very low and you'll avoid being too underwhelmed.

Amen to that!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Well one thing is almost 100% certain is that we won't be seeing any new Packs this month with only 2 full weeks remaining. But it is good to know that we'll be getting a game update on 25th. How big do you think the update will be? Big or small or something in between? I'm leaning towards the size of this month's update being of something in between.

I still think the update will be part of a pre gamepack patch. We might get an announcement next week.
    Well we're about into another new week I wonder if this will be the one we're they announce the Next Gamepack.

I still think the update will be part of a pre gamepack patch. We might get an announcement next week.
    When you look at this way CLP, nobody in the Sims community has hinted that there was a Pack coming anytime soon. Not the Gurus or any of the third party community sites have hinted this. Not even Simsvip.com, and they are generally pretty good at keeping up with the latest info on the game. So I don't see how this update will be a pre-pack update. But I'm going to keep an open mind about this because they have pulled off a surprise pack several times before.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Well we're about into another new week I wonder if this will be the one we're they announce the Next Gamepack.

That would be nice. There was no game pack at all last year at this time - I think we only had Tiny Living from January up until Eco Living in June - so I really don't know what to expect. It would be nice to know if something was coming out in a few weeks that I'd really want to incorporate into my current game, but...we don't. At least we know the anniversary gift, whatever that is, is coming on February 25th (unless it's delayed).
  • mmb_abrmmb_abr Posts: 58 Member
    Reedfish wrote: »

That would be nice. There was no game pack at all last year at this time - I think we only had Tiny Living from January up until Eco Living in June - so I really don't know what to expect. It would be nice to know if something was coming out in a few weeks that I'd really want to incorporate into my current game, but...we don't. At least we know the anniversary gift, whatever that is, is coming on February 25th (unless it's delayed).

I do wonder if the reason there was no content between January and June last year was due to global events; the first round of stay-at-home orders in CA lined up pretty well with when a theoretical pack might have released. But I'm with you on wanting to know if some wanted content is around the corner! I like to know what's coming out so I can plan my game, and I'm definitely looking forward to the anniversary gift. I don't use CC or mods so I'm pumped to get to experience some of those creators creativity without leaving my vanilla-game comfort zone lol.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    mmb_abr wrote: »
    I do wonder if the reason there was no content between January and June last year was due to global events; the first round of stay-at-home orders in CA lined up pretty well with when a theoretical pack might have released. But I'm with you on wanting to know if some wanted content is around the corner! I like to know what's coming out so I can plan my game, and I'm definitely looking forward to the anniversary gift. I don't use CC or mods so I'm pumped to get to experience some of those creators creativity without leaving my vanilla-game comfort zone lol.

I genuinely thought we were just getting more content later in the year, but then there were a few posts on here about recent pack releases, and I think in 2018 there was no gamepack in the first half of the year either. Jungle Adventures was February-ish, and Strangerville was around the same time of year, but I think some years they do skip the early gamepack, so I don't know. The consensus last year about video games seemed to be that the pandemic wouldn't really delay anything that was practically done, but would probably delay things further down the line, so it didn't seem likely to me that the pandemic delayed something that was due to come out - but then The Sims runs on a pretty strict release schedule, so maybe it delayed a pack enough to make it not profitable in one particular quarter, and so they bumped it to the following year. Who knows? They don't really tell us anything either way. If a pack was bumped, then I hope getting the extra time to work on it means we get a lot of content in whatever's coming this year, or at least well-polished content. But I'm looking forward to whatever the anniversary gift is anyway, assuming it is something for in-game. 21 content creators is a lot of collaboration... :smile:
    Patch is 9 days away. It's out Next Thursday.
    mmb_abr wrote: »
    Reedfish wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that the global pandemic was the reason why that there was hardly any game contents released between January and June of last year. Last year I had read a public statement that was sent out by EA stating that some of their employees will be working from home. EA also stated in the same statement that this may lead to slowdown in the release of game contents. EA also went on to state that they will do their best to keep the game contents release flowing at it's normal pace.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I was so hoping for more Romantic Interactions added to the game, but unfortunately, it didn't happen. :'(
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I was so hoping for more Romantic Interactions added to the game, but unfortunately, it didn't happen. :'(
    How do you know for certain that there won't be any new romantic interactions coming in Feb's game update when we haven't gotten the game update yet?
    Well, Valentine's Day has come & gone.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

They don’t tie patch releases to holidays, it was also on a Sunday, patches don’t release weekends. Next week patch could possibly include it.
    Well, here's wishful think & hoping it's true.

They don’t tie patch releases to holidays, it was also on a Sunday, patches don’t release weekends. Next week patch could possibly include it.
    I agree with SelinaKyles's statement on this because I have seen where they have released a holiday content near the date of the holiday, but not on the holiday. It was usually the week before or of or after the holiday. So just because that Valentine's Day has come and gone doesn't mean that they can't still release something in celebration of Valentine's Day.
    And speaking of holidays. Happy Lunar News Years to those whom are celebrating. IT's the Year of the Ox. For those whom are wondering what this Lunar New Year is.

Romance will most likely be in the Next Gamepack.

I agree with SelinaKyles's statement on this because I have seen where they have released a holiday content near the date of the holiday, but not on the holiday. It was usually the week before or of or after the holiday. So just because that Valentine's Day has come and gone doesn't mean that they can't still release something in celebration of Valentine's Day.
    And speaking of holidays. Happy Lunar News Years to those whom are celebrating. IT's the Year of the Ox. For those whom are wondering what this Lunar New Year is.

That reminds me they've quit doing Christmas Content.We didn't get the free holiday update in December.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    The only thing I want from this patch is a properly working paranormal investigator career. No spectres appear at my gigs, making them nearly impossible to finish without performing the ritual at least three times. I'm not interested in any new content until this is fixed.
    Hoping the Afro from the base game is updated in Next Week's Patch.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2021
    What I think might be included in a 21st birthday party update:
    • Balloons and banners. Hopefully a variety of swatches so we can use it for a variety of parties, especially children's birthdays.
    • Party hats. Could be fun for kids birthdays and holiday celebrations like Winterfest feasts.
    • A new bar. We have many bars but only a limited number of bars that can be placed in sims' inventories and moved. Hopefully this will be a fancy moveable bar. Alternatively, single-slot bars like the Globe bar are great and we could use another one of those.
    • A new cake and cake topper. The only green cake (to my knowledge) in game is the zombie head cake. Maybe we'll get a plumbob cake. A standard green cake would be nice too. The more the merrier. I sorely want more cake toppers, since our current options are extremely limited. Maybe a new birthday cake topper or two could be patched in. A neutral sparkler topper would be very useful for more sophisticated parties, New Year etc; a more whimsical topper would be great for kids birthday parties.
    • A buffet table? It could be limited to things like sandwiches, cupcakes and other finger foods so it doesn't make Luxury Party owners too unhappy.

The 21 CC creators could mean that we get 21 gifts. What I think might be added if CC creators are "officializing" their popular content:
    • Body hair.
    • Eyelashes.
    • More makeup.
    • More tattoos.
    • Possibly nail polish.
    • Possibly more eye colours.
    • New hair colours would be pushing it since it takes so much work, but it's a small possibility.
    • More textured hairs for POC.
    • More clothes. Possibly a themed outfit for each age and gender.
    • More accessories. Maybe a tacky earing and party glasses.
    • More kitchen items, especially counters.
    • Possibly a new phone case.
    • Possibly a bunk bed. A wider variety of bunk beds could then be added in the very next pack, a la lounge chair/IL and ladder/EL.

I think it might also be possible that this update could be a diversity update. That could explain having so many CC creators - they could have a variety of different backgrounds and cultures to represent. A few build/buy items and clothes/accessories/hairs could be added for various cultures: West/East African, Indian, Middle Eastern, South American, East Asian etc. It would make sense, since The Sims is supposed to be inclusive and let everyone create themselves and their dream lives, but there aren't currently a whole lot of options for non-Western cultures.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I honestly think we're going to get one item or one aspect of gameplay. I'm still not excited but I am curious.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!