Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOMEBODY TO LOVE ~ BACHELOR IN PARADISE- ON HIATUS

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @PrincessNevaMor5, @pammiechick, @Blaze_Bard, @Nerdfashion, @Irishsong, @HillyBeth, @VanPelt81, @ItsYukiMe, @SummerStreak, @Eliveva, @aussiekarima, @Scarlly29, @kittymeow, @lisabee2, @Tirananiel, @Karababy52, @GGgkkg @AdamsEve1231@Glimmer50 @MonaSolstraale @LegacySims2017

Good evening simmers! A new chapter is up. Rick and the contestants are getting ready for their overnighters to Mt. Komorebi. This is in two parts. Comments and suggestions are always appreciated. Enjoy!

Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise - Group Outing ~ Part 1

AND-THEY-ALL-GET-SOME-ROCK-CLIMBING-SKILL.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    What a fun chapter!
    Makes me want to build a ski outfitter's shop!

And I loved how they had their own personal dresser. Is that in the game? Or do you have to cheat it somehow? I've never seen that except in Get Famous in the actor profession.

And all that skilling up for rock climbing left Brianna and Coral ROCK SOLID! I couldn't believe Coral's legs! :open_mouth: Brianna's abs were eye popping as well. Not sure about Raven as she still looked tiny and skinny. I wonder if her body is just different that way.
    Looking forward to all the dates! The girls are ready!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    What a fun chapter!
    Makes me want to build a ski outfitter's shop!

And I loved how they had their own personal dresser. Is that in the game? Or do you have to cheat it somehow? I've never seen that except in Get Famous in the actor profession.

And all that skilling up for rock climbing left Brianna and Coral ROCK SOLID! I couldn't believe Coral's legs! :open_mouth: Brianna's abs were eye popping as well. Not sure about Raven as she still looked tiny and skinny. I wonder if her body is just different that way.
    Looking forward to all the dates! The girls are ready!

@pammiechick chick - Thanks so much for reading and commenting. I had noticed the muscles on Coral and Brianna.
    Those little stands are from Get Famous, but you can ask someone for a certain type of outfit. It worked rather well for the retail store. I got a HUGE laugh when that sweater was randomly given to Brianna. I used the other sales person because in actuality, Mai was still busy with Raven. lol And Brianna and Riko (the other sales staff member) were both mad at each other after that. That was the best! You don't know what you will get when you ask for a winter outfit, so all those outfits were random. Spot on with Raven and the black outfit, and with Coral and the green...but Brianna...oh my gosh! Too funny!
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Multiple chapters to catch up on...
    On the latest rose ceremony laughing at Octavia's reaction to getting eliminated. She was a fiery hothead until the bitter end. Felt for Nami when she was eliminated due to not knitting a legendary item. Hopefully she and the other eliminated ladies find their right significant others.

Thought Raven was done for when she climbed that vending machine and it fell on her. Luckily she got that machine off of her and surprisingly won that challenge.

Coral looks super buff after the rock-climbing portion of the latest chapter. Brianna was already looking buff. I did get a laugh at Brianna's hilarious winter outfit.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @SoulGal7
    I snorted at Brianna and the itchy sweater scene. That was funny. Looking forward to their trip.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Multiple chapters to catch up on...
    On the latest rose ceremony laughing at Octavia's reaction to getting eliminated. She was a fiery hothead until the bitter end. Felt for Nami when she was eliminated due to not knitting a legendary item. Hopefully she and the other eliminated ladies find their right significant others.

Thought Raven was done for when she climbed that vending machine and it fell on her. Luckily she got that machine off of her and surprisingly won that challenge.

Coral looks super buff after the rock-climbing portion of the latest chapter. Brianna was already looking buff. I did get a laugh at Brianna's hilarious winter outfit.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

@VanPelt81 -
    It was hilarious that Octavia actually did get hot and bothered. One of those angry moodlets came up due to her hot-headedness, just at the right time. I thought that was kind of funny - sorry Octavia. And Raven and that vending machine - I thought she was done for. I couldn't believe she climbed up on that thing. Shows how determined she is! lol I actually hadn't tested the vending machines before I played them, so this was quite a surprise! lol
    @SoulGal7
    I snorted at Brianna and the itchy sweater scene. That was funny. Looking forward to their trip.

@LegacySims2017 - That fashion choice that Brianna received was a complete surprise! I think I laughed, too! lol
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2021
    @SoulGal7

Current Chapter Comments:
    What a fun chapter! I love how you made each of their outfits match the finalists color preferences and/or personality. EDIT: After reading the above spoilers I see it was totally random with the outfits. Very cool they seemed to work out for them perfectly though, mostly! ;) Got a chuckle out of the Forbidden Sweater showing up! I hope that sales clerk didn't get fired over it! :D What I want to say mostly though is, Holy Simoly! Look at Coral's legs! She's a beast! Just how long was she weight-lifting? lol None of the others ended up looking like that. Well, I guess she'll at least be physically fit to rock climb even if she won't have much experience doing it. :D

Love that venue too, can they really buy snowboards and skis there? Just curious. I wish we could buy the climbing equipment to choose colors and such, but it just shows up in their personal inventory when they buy it and you get what you get. It's like the Hazmat suit in StrangerVille. Oh well...

The next chapters are going to be so fun to see and read! <3
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @SoulGal7

Current Chapter Comments:
    What a fun chapter! I love how you made each of their outfits match the finalists color preferences and/or personality. EDIT: After reading the above spoilers I see it was totally random with the outfits. Very cool they seemed to work out for them perfectly though, mostly! ;) Got a chuckle out of the Forbidden Sweater showing up! I hope that sales clerk didn't get fired over it! :D What I want to say mostly though is, Holy Simoly! Look at Coral's legs! She's a beast! Just how long was she weight-lifting? lol None of the others ended up looking like that. Well, I guess she'll at least be physically fit to rock climb even if she won't have much experience doing it. :D

Love that venue too, can they really buy snowboards and skis there? Just curious. I wish we could buy the climbing equipment to choose colors and such, but it just shows up in their personal inventory when they buy it and you get what you get. It's like the Hazmat suit in StrangerVille. Oh well...

The next chapters are going to be so fun to see and read! <3

@Karababy52 - I laughed out loud when you described Coral's physical condition! lol
    I was pleasantly surprised that those outfits came up automatically as if Mai actually knew what colors they liked! lol This venue is a retail store, and yes, you can buy the whole store out, which is what Rick did! I put some of the higher level snowboards and skis on the deck. I really like this build especially with those dresser stands upstairs. The Bachelor in Paradise show producers will not want to see the bill of what Rick bought in that store! lol
    @SoulGal7 I don't think even Rick's got legs like Coral has now. :D
    Very cool! I might have to put that store in my custom template save for Mt.Komorebi! I've had Get Famous for a long time, but still haven't done the Actor/Actress career, so haven't used those dressing stands yet. They look like fun! Good thing costs for the show don't come out of Rick's pocket, eh? ;) Or else he and his new Island bride will have to forget about the remodel of his home for awhile, and that would just be sad. Of course, he's probably getting paid to do this show though. I'm guessing that's how it works for the 'real' world show anyway. *shrugs*
    @PrincessNevaMor5, @pammiechick, @Blaze_Bard, @Nerdfashion, @Irishsong, @HillyBeth, @VanPelt81, @ItsYukiMe, @SummerStreak, @Eliveva, @aussiekarima, @Scarlly29, @kittymeow, @lisabee2, @Tirananiel, @Karababy52, @GGgkkg @AdamsEve1231@Glimmer50 @MonaSolstraale @LegacySims2017

Hi simmers! Just to let you know, this will be back shortly. Just doing some testing on the new Snowy Escape Pack and looking for some builds for the overnighters with the three contestants. Also been playing a new challenge - @Karababy52 's OneMonthOneWorldOneYearPersonalChallenge This is a very cool challenge created by her and it starts in Snowy Escape, so perfect to test things out. Check it out! Have a great day everyone!
    @SoulGal7 No worries! Take all the time you need, we're not going anywhere. ;) Also, thanks so much for the shout out about my personal challenge! I'm glad it's helping you test things out for when the ladies and Rick go on their overnight dates there. Plus, it's just fun having you trying the challenge and reading your wonderful posts as well! We're all learning and exploring the pack together and I love that! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

Hi simmers! Just to let you know, this will be back shortly. Just doing some testing on the new Snowy Escape Pack and looking for some builds for the overnighters with the three contestants. Also been playing a new challenge - @Karababy52 's OneMonthOneWorldOneYearPersonalChallenge This is a very cool challenge created by her and it starts in Snowy Escape, so perfect to test things out. Check it out! Have a great day everyone!

I've always loved the builds you find and put in your stories. It's worth the wait right now.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 - Ah thanks. Your challenge is great. It's a great way to explore each pack and aspiration.
    @LegacySims2017 - Thank you. I am trying to find three different builds for the overnight because I want them each to be different. I had a look at the builds in-game, but not exactly what I was looking for. I still have some I have to look at in-game. Believe me, I have downloaded a lot.

Have a great day everyone!
    @SoulGal7 You're welcome and thanks for saying that. Hope you had a great day too! <3
    edited February 2021

Hi All -It's been a rather stressful day today. My husband has been on HP Support for most of the day and then I have been on with Origin tonight. The good news is that our computer is now working. The bad news is that all of my saved files for The Sims are gone. Wiped. With the help of EA, I am downloading Origin and The Sims and game packs again, but it will be like I am starting the game for the first time. So, rather depressed about this.

This means that Rick Goengether, Roxanna Llama-Llama, and Benny Fielding are no more. I never uploaded them to the gallery, and they were all random sims, and I don't think I could recreate them.

So if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do here, I am open to suggestions. Otherwise, I am not sure how I am ever going to complete this challenge. Unfortunately, I feel that since I can't recreate Rick that the Bachelor Challenge will, unfortunately, be over and Rick will be left in the netherworld forever a bachelor.

As I said, if anyone has ideas, let me know. I am rather depressed about this. Thanks :)
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

Hi All -It's been a rather stressful day today. My husband has been on HP Support for most of the day and then I have been on with Origin tonight. The good news is that our computer is now working. The bad news is that all of my saved files for The Sims are gone. Wiped. With the help of EA, I am downloading Origin and The Sims and game packs again, but it will be like I am starting the game for the first time. So, rather depressed about this.

This means that Rick Goengether, Roxanna Llama-Llama, and Benny Fielding are no more. I never uploaded them to the gallery, and they were all random sims, and I don't think I could recreate them.

So if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do here, I am open to suggestions. Otherwise, I am not sure how I am ever going to complete this challenge. Unfortunately, I feel that since I can't recreate Rick that the Bachelor Challenge will, unfortunately, be over and Rick will be left in the netherworld forever a bachelor.

As I said, if anyone has ideas, let me know. I am rather depressed about this. Thanks :)

I had something similar happen to me. I actually was able to recreate the Sims. Look in the gallery and find a sim similar to Rick. Then reshape his face until you think he looks similar. Same with the rest! I’m sure you could get something VERY similar. If you need my help, I could try to recreate them. Don’t give up! You’ve put too much time into this!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    Oh! I am sorry to hear.
    It's so frustrating when you lose your files. It's so demotivating :/
    I know this is bad advice since the damage has happened, but after I lost my game countless times in Sims3 I have started saving backups on an external hard drive.
    It's good you reach out.
    I hope you, with the help of the community, find a solution that makes you satisfied.
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    I should probably upload my sims to the gallery for safe keeping...
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Oh! I am sorry to hear.
    It's so frustrating when you lose your files. It's so demotivating :/
    I know this is bad advice since the damage has happened, but after I lost my game countless times in Sims3 I have started saving backups on an external hard drive
    It's good you reach out.
    I hope you, with the help of the community, find a solution that makes you satisfied.

Hi @MonaSolstraale - Thanks for the support. Yes, it's been rather frustrating, and my hubby is going out next week to buy an external hard drive do we can save files to it. My screenshots that I took for my Wordpress story seem to be corrupted, too, but they are fine still on the WordPress site. Oh well.

@pammiechick - Thank you so much for your kind offer. I have been downloading my The Sims 4 files from last night and today, and they are still not all done. But I wanted to say thank you for your kind offer of trying to create a Rick clone. Tomorrow when I actually go on, I am going to see what I can find from my gallery files.

@Irishsong - Yes, the gallery is a safe haven, so uploading there will save your sims in case anything happens. Of course, it doesn't save your stories, but..well, at least the character is there.
    @SoulGal7 - Oh No! I was hoping this wouldn't be the outcome. :( But just as others have said, don't give up! I'll help in any way I can too with cloning of Rick, Roxanne and Benny if you need me. It's tough when something like this happens, a similar situation happened to me when my old laptop died. I'm glad to hear you're getting an external hard drive next week, that's what saved me from losing everything. I only lost a week's worth, which was still heartbreaking, but not like losing everything! o.O Not even close. The worst for me was having to wait 3 months until I could get a new computer to play again.

Anyway, I have a saying I like to keep in mind for situations like this, "Everything always works out in the end." It's true too! However, it's accomplished, I'm hopeful for you and for Rick that he'll finally, someday, have someone to love! Hang in there! *Hugs* <3
    No offense to Rick, but Roxanne was my favorite....so here's to positive vibes she's not completely lost in the Sims void....as well as your other characters not created by your friends here.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @Karababy52 - thanks for the support :) I was actually thinking of getting a new computer just for myself, ha ha to play The Sims, but it will be fine. My hubby has been trying so hard to fix this, and it's just so frustrating.

@LegacySims2017 - I loved Roxanna too. If you have ever watched any really old Saturday Night Live reruns with Roseanna Dana Dana, this is sort of who Roxanna was fashioned after. On the show, when Roseanne talked about herself, she always said her full name. She was played by Gilda Radner. They have some youtube videos of her as this character worth watching.
    Hey, girl!

I've made a similar Rick in the gallery. He's not exact but I think you could take this base and tweak him to look more like the original Rick. If you don't use him, no worries! I had fun trying. I'll try to make Roxanne, too. But we'll see!!!

Bfbm0rL.png

LAakvW7.png

RICK GOENGETER
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Here's Roxanne Llama Llama!

She's not exactly the same but I think you could tweak her from here. Honestly, if they're almost the same, people won't care! I think you got this!

ROXANNE LLAMA LLAMA

Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5B06FDCC70DE11EB86EBFCAA752B5B46?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=pammiechick&max=50&maxis=false

IPVawca.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg