Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims team hiring 21 CC creators?! What?

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Saw this tweet and for a second thought it was real, but it seems it’s a joke of players personating TS2 npcs on twitter
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Sims Community rag is not true when they stated it's the first time ever Maxis 'hired' custom creators to add things to the game. That's simply not true. They have used creators and designers several times in TS2 and TS3. Even for TS3's base. And TS2's CAS. That is just two small examples. There may have been more places in the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The Sims Community rag is not true when they stated it's the first time ever Maxis 'hired' custom creators to add things to the game. That's simply not true. They have used creators and designers several times in TS2 and TS3. Even for TS3's base. And TS2's CAS. That is just two small examples. There may have been more places in the game.

@Cinebar, Interesting. I wasn't aware of this and couldn't find any documentation. Do you remember what items were contributed by cc creators for the Sims 2 or 3?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    You know what i would love? That ea would hire Bienchens to integrate the whimsoverhaul mod into the game.
    That mod should be part of the vanilla game!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member

@Cinebar, Interesting. I wasn't aware of this and couldn't find any documentation. Do you remember what items were contributed by cc creators for the Sims 2 or 3?

I haven't played Sims 3 for a long time but I remember a separate store download of flowers/plants that had been farmed out, as the work on them was too long and labour intensive for the regular team to deal with. A Maxis employee/Guru explained it at the time. It was expensive for what it was but I still bought it! A long time ago for Sims 3.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Next step : Packs developed by the community and approved by EA

I'll be honest, I don't trust the community to develop something I want.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

I don't think that idea has any chance of becoming a reality. In order to be approved by Maxis it has to meet their standards, and it will take forever to check and approve all the custom content made by everyone. The gallery and the sparked submissions are a good example of what that idea would work like.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2021

Not off the top of my head but some items were in TS3's base game. In TS2 one thing that comes to mind is a dress/outfit in the H&M pack and other things created by a Simmer who won the contest to add things to the game. I know there were some other things in TS2 but right now I'm having a senior moment. Note, these items in either game were not downloads but included in the game files.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Was it the "Hibiscus Trio Set" that was farmed out for Sims 3? I definitely know it was a set of flowers/plants as I followed all the information coming out at the time Sims 3 was in production. It does come as a complete set and quite expensive for what it is. One of the Gurus told us at the time. Definitely one set of flowers was.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member

Community can make CAS, BB and stuff packs. I will be pleasantly suprised if CC stuff packs will ever be It is the only thing I miss on my console. Harrie, peacemaker and littledica make awesome maxis match content.

All I'm hoping is that it is not a way for EA to get content cheap and that they are paying the content creators they use the wages they deserve.
    It smacks of game rundown, when a company is gradually getting rid of employees and getting others from outside to fill in the gaps.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    All I'm hoping is that it is not a way for EA to get content cheap and that they are paying the content creators .

It’s EA, I don’t expect them to be paid. They probably told them it’s a “once in a lifetime” opportunity to grab em. Who knows. If they got paid, people will also probably say “they got paid and came up with this” if the content doesn’t turn out to be good, we know how this community behaved in the past.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I wish they'd give us something about what they're adding.. All we have is one tweet and then they just totally ignore it until the date :| Like at least hint at what's being added?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Yep only 6 more days till the patch and no info yet.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I wish they'd give us something about what they're adding.. All we have is one tweet and then they just totally ignore it until the date :| Like at least hint at what's being added?

Ow I agree Like a teaser or something that would be cool
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    This update better be worth the wait! I’m starting to lose serious interest here...
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yeah, i wish they did not announce it this far away from its actual release date, but i understand they had to talk about it on their anniversary to let people know they acknowledge it.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited February 2021
    I am sorry but how many simmers notice Luumia is one of the 21 mod creators? And he is well known for Height Slider and Body Fuzz, Hair if anyone insist. Hence we may have either one of them for the anniversary update. Personally, Body Fuzz would be more likely :tongue: Also, there was a an official survey regarding the improvement of the Basegame, Body Fuzz is one of the list in that official survey.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Sims Team has hired 21 Custom Content Creators for the next Sims 4 Update , it seems to be official for the 21st Birthday of The Sim's Franchise.

But My Big concern is what do we get If we ( Do Not ) use CC in our game , do we still get something for February 25th?

I am still hoping & waiting to get Longer hair, Hooded Robes/Cloaks in many colors , & Painted long & short fingernails, as well as Werewolves of course, :)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    The Sims Team has hired 21 Custom Content Creators for the next Sims 4 Update , it seems to be official for the 21st Birthday of The Sim's Franchise.

But My Big concern is what do we get If we ( Do Not ) use CC in our game , do we still get something for February 25th?

I am still hoping & waiting to get Longer hair, Hooded Robes/Cloaks in many colors , & Painted long & short fingernails, as well as Werewolves of course, :)

If Maxis commissioned them, I'm willing to hazard that the items won't be "CC" but official items added to the base game in the patch. The items just happen to be designed and made by CC creators, rather than either internally at Maxis or through their usual contracted associates (I think there was something about hiring another company to actually do the modeling in the discussions around the Community Stuff Pack that became Nifty Knitting.)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    You know what i would love? That ea would hire Bienchens to integrate the whimsoverhaul mod into the game.

I for one can confirm that EA did NOT ask me to contribute to this update. I'm not an EA game changer, so I suppose I'm not even eligible to contribute. (If I remember correctly I'm also not eligible to apply as an EA game changer because I don't have a youtube channel.)

I just wanted to clarify to not raise any false hopes.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

I for one can confirm that EA did NOT ask me to contribute to this update. I'm not an EA game changer, so I suppose I'm not even eligible to contribute. (If I remember correctly I'm also not eligible to apply as an EA game changer because I don't have a youtube channel.)

I just wanted to clarify to not raise any false hopes.

Oh i know... but they should! 😊 thanks for this amazing mod!
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    I am sorry but how many simmers notice Luumia is one of the 21 mod creators? And he is well known for Height Slider and Body Fuzz, Hair if anyone insist. Hence we may have either one of them for the anniversary update. Personally, Body Fuzz would be more likely :tongue: Also, there was a an official survey regarding the improvement of the Basegame, Body Fuzz is one of the list in that official survey.

I'm expecting body hair but not height sliders since they don't work with the animations.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

If Maxis commissioned them, I'm willing to hazard that the items won't be "CC" but official items added to the base game in the patch. The items just happen to be designed and made by CC creators, rather than either internally at Maxis or through their usual contracted associates (I think there was something about hiring another company to actually do the modeling in the discussions around the Community Stuff Pack that became Nifty Knitting.)

This and I think Maxis will continue with their normal polygon count.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »

I'm expecting body hair but not height sliders since they don't work with the animations.

If EA's idea is to add height controls I assure you that they would fix the broken animations. Do you think they would launch it without fixing that? it's crazy even to think about it :|