The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims team hiring 21 CC creators?! What?

https://simscommunity.info/2021/02/05/the-sims-team-has-hired-21-custom-content-creators-for-the-next-sims-4-update/

Wait just a minute! So they're hiring 21 CC creators for the next update? OK!

So I'm guessing that I could find a CC creator who has been creating a radio station override last year, so I'll find out if my second favorite music will be added to the base game sooner or later as an update patch on February 25th.

What do y'all think? I know body hairs and nails and everything can be worked on some point.

P.S. Don't say that CC creators doesn't create radio stations, because I saw something that says "Music Overrides and Text Change Mod" by Xmiramira, cause I want my second favorite music back this year

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    Boy, I'm rooting for you to get that R&B station. You've been waiting too long.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Wouldn't a radio station need to have voice actors to actually sing the song in simlish? Or is this just an instrumental type of radio station?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Boy, I'm rooting for you to get that R&B station. You've been waiting too long.
    Yeah I know!
    Wouldn't a radio station need to have voice actors to actually sing the song in simlish? Or is this just an instrumental type of radio station?
    And don't even worry about it, I always been in a rush to wanting my second favorite music
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    The new radio station will probably be part of the pre gamepack update. I doubt it will come from the cc creators but I believe this is a pre gamepack patch so we might get the radio station from this patch vs the cc creators.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    The new radio station will probably be part of the pre gamepack update. I doubt it will come from the cc creators but I believe this is a pre gamepack patch so we might get the radio station from this patch vs the cc creators.

I don’t get why many are guessing this’ll be a “pre game pack “ patch. That means they’d have to announce it sometime within the next 2 weeks. I doubt they would because they probably wouldn’t want to drown out the excitement for the 25th anniversary gift. That and we just had a SP release, would they release a GP that soon
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I'm not sure if this is exactly the right thread to post this, but I've gotten a bit paranoid at this point. I've seen a lot of rumors about height sliders coming in the 21st anniversary patch/pack/whatever it is that their giving us, but I already have them in my game. To my knowledge I haven't downloaded any sort of mod that would affect height, and I know there are a couple other people who can change their height using the same method as well!

If I go into CAS to make a Sim, I can drag their feet out, like how we used to be able to change the size of their feet, but instead now it changes their height. Can anyone else do this?

I'm starting to wonder if I accidentally downloaded a mod I didn't intend to- which in case I really should pay better attention- or if I have had this knowledge for a while now and hadn't shared it to people who didn't know!

Onto my own speculation though, I'm thinking...werewolves. Luumia made cc body hair, right? Well, werewolves need hair don't they lol. Probably not but a girl can dream. o:)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Not sure how to edit my comments and I'm sorry for the double post, but in case anyone saw my previous comment and was wondering, apparently it's a mod! Not sure what mod caused it, I know I didn't download an actual height slider mod, and I only figured the whole feet dragging thing after seeing a comment on youtube, but...yeah, unfortunately it's some mod I have.
    I went back into my game after a suggestion from my dad, and disabled mods, came back in and wasn't able to adjust heights anymore. Oh well. Probably should've tried that instead of posting on here.

Still hoping for werewolves!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I just hope they are paying those creators for their content then and not asking them to make stuff just for the kudos.
  • LiverickLiverick Posts: 50 Member
    I was thinking that they could launch some kind of platform to make it even easier for creators to share their creations or even monetize ...
    Or, if it's like updating skin tones, they're with these creators providing some kind of advice or feedback on improvements we've been waiting for years on the game. Am I throwing my expectations too high?
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    There are good mods that are necessary! not so much about the look ... more about the gameplay! I can't play without a lot of those mods! Example! MeaningfulStories! o turbocarreers from zerbu I hope they get paid to participate and that they pleasantly surprise us with a pack in which content creators actively participate
    Well if they don’t work on radio stations, I’ll never see my second favorite music in the base game of The Sims 4 again! I wish there will be a game pack announcement coming next week, if not, I’ll be very depressed.
    edited February 2021

I don’t get why many are guessing this’ll be a “pre game pack “ patch. That means they’d have to announce it sometime within the next 2 weeks. I doubt they would because they probably wouldn’t want to drown out the excitement for the 25th anniversary gift. That and we just had a SP release, would they release a GP that soon

Because the patch is dropping on a Thursday. They've released a stuffpack and gamepack in the same month before.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Maybe the patch is on thursday 25 and the release the pack on march.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Cc creators don't create radio stations.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    Very well then, I’m just gonna sit alone and cry without my R&B music
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Very well then, I’m just gonna sit alone and cry without my R&B music

True about cc creators not creating radio stations but I think this is part of a pre gamepack update meaning there will be other updates not related to the 21 Annivesary.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited February 2021
    This is one thing I've long been saying--really, Maxis should be consulting with the creators of some of the more popular mods, to try to get some of the ideas implemented in TS5 as main features when it's out. AKA--hire people who know the game better than any focus group or most developers they could hire. But, what they may do to TS4 will be interesting. I'm really curious to see what happens here. Hopefully, this will be something massive, instead of that much-maligned hot tub we got for the 20th. And maybe, fix some of the larger, more underlying problems--such as exaggerated emotions, lack of personality, and the somewhat lack of an attraction system.

Because the patch is dropping on a Thursday. They've released a stuffpack and gamepack in the same month before.

Yes but then that would drown out the “hype” for the update with the CC’s.
    Has the future cube thing come up with any new things?
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    @12JEREMIA I want more radio stations too, I feel your pain, I want a K-Pop station with BTS songs in Simlish... Maybe that will make an R&B radio station come faster... (BTS are expensive) but more importantly R&B music has been in sims 2 and sims 3 so it would lots of sense to add it someday preferably sometime this year.
    cody6268 wrote: »
    This is one thing I've long been saying--really, Maxis should be consulting with the creators of some of the more popular mods, to try to get some of the ideas implemented in TS5 as main features when it's out. AKA--hire people who know the game better than any focus group or most developers they could hire. But, what they may do to TS4 will be interesting. I'm really curious to see what happens here. Hopefully, this will be something massive, instead of that much-maligned hot tub we got for the 20th. And maybe, fix some of the larger, more underlying problems--such as exaggerated emotions, lack of personality, and the somewhat lack of an attraction system.

I actually agree with this them hiring fans to work on the sims 5 could be a way to both get fresh ideas or things we all actually want and actually see things fully implemented (provided they get enough time and resources). Although I want to see what they do with this update too. Sadly it’s likely not going to be anything game changing because they would of needed to hire CC and mod creators long before now, they are either hiring people now or have done it recently... If they were doing something huge they’d of hired them before now, and we would speculated them doing this long before it was announced. So while it likely won’t be game changing I actually hope and have a feeling it’s something big.

DevSims91 wrote: »
    @12JEREMIA I want more radio stations too, I feel your pain, I want a K-Pop station with BTS songs in Simlish... Maybe that will make an R&B radio station come faster... (BTS are expensive) but more importantly R&B music has been in sims 2 and sims 3 so it would lots of sense to add it someday preferably sometime this year.

I actually agree with this them hiring fans to work on the sims 5 could be a way to both get fresh ideas or things we all actually want and actually see things fully implemented (provided they get enough time and resources). Although I want to see what they do with this update too. Sadly it’s likely not going to be anything game changing because they would of needed to hire CC and mod creators long before now, they are either hiring people now or have done it recently... If they were doing something huge they’d of hired them before now, and we would speculated them doing this long before it was announced. So while it likely won’t be game changing I actually hope and have a feeling it’s something big.

I want a beautiful music station cause I listen to that format in real life.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2021
    edited February 2021
    Next step : Packs developed by the community and approved by EA
    If we don't get an R&B station for the pre GP patch, I'll never wanna hear my second favorite music again
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    DevSims91 wrote: »

Isn’t that the S-Pop channel we got? And yeah I doubt we’d ever get BTS in Simlish.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    https://simscommunity.info/2021/02/05/the-sims-team-has-hired-21-custom-content-creators-for-the-next-sims-4-update/

Wait just a minute! So they're hiring 21 CC creators for the next update? OK!

So I'm guessing that I could find a CC creator who has been creating a radio station override last year, so I'll find out if my second favorite music will be added to the base game sooner or later as an update patch on February 25th.

What do y'all think? I know body hairs and nails and everything can be worked on some point.

P.S. Don't say that CC creators doesn't create radio stations, because I saw something that says "Music Overrides and Text Change Mod" by Xmiramira, cause I want my second favorite music back this year

Probably not. They will most likely be under an NDA contract.