Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken Mods & CC: Scared Update & Paranormal SP, Jan. '21

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @bandit5 That may be a game bug. Check AHQ, and try at Bienchen's at LittleMsSam's sites for a fix mod

Mod Updates
    Shyness Trait (MissBee)

Reported Fine by Creator
    PolarBearSims: Breeding Unlimited!, Breastfeed Toddlers!, Birthday Anytime!, Autonomous Weddings!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    Updated mod Vampire-No more groling by Diriel Gray on MTS
    https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=598686&goto=newpost&posted=1#post5708754&cb=1612290837
    post34
    Words are soul's image
    Awesome -thank you!

Mod Updates
    Vampire - No More Growling! (DirielGrey, updated by catalina_45)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    my sim is in acting for some reason not all coworkers are appearing at gigs she needs too complete i have mc did have npcc but took it out and did delete the caches.

NPCC has rarely ever worked right. I'm amazed anyone even still uses it. Plus the fact that he goes years at a time before releasing updates to the public, unless you choose to PAY him... It's not worth it.

NPCC may have broken your acting career. A few things you can try... Try quitting the gig and taking a new one. Try one in a different type. Like instead of a commercial, try a movie or sitcom. If that doesn't work, try quitting your agency and moving to a different one.

You can also try playing another sim and having them join the acting career. Should give you another possible co-star.

If none of that works, then NPCC likely broke your game. You'll just have to start a new save.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    it prolly did the maker of it hardley ever updates the free one
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    bandit5 wrote: »
    my sim is in acting for some reason not all coworkers are appearing at gigs she needs too complete i have mc did have npcc but took it out and did delete the caches.

NPCC has rarely ever worked right. I'm amazed anyone even still uses it. Plus the fact that he goes years at a time before releasing updates to the public, unless you choose to PAY him... It's not worth it.

NPCC may have broken your acting career. A few things you can try... Try quitting the gig and taking a new one. Try one in a different type. Like instead of a commercial, try a movie or sitcom. If that doesn't work, try quitting your agency and moving to a different one.

You can also try playing another sim and having them join the acting career. Should give you another possible co-star.

If none of that works, then NPCC likely broke your game. You'll just have to start a new save.

oh, so is there any alternative to it? i still use it because i don't want random townies to spawn.
    has mccc any setting that does the same?
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    oh, so is there any alternative to it? i still use it because i don't want random townies to spawn.

Not that I've seen. There were only two that I knew of. NPCC which is broken, and coolspear had one, but he retired and won't update any further.

I don't use one any more. I'd rather not have it than one that's broken. MCCC has a feature where instead of spawning new sims, it will take sims from your library. That's the closest I've seen.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member

Not that I've seen. There were only two that I knew of. NPCC which is broken, and coolspear had one, but he retired and won't update any further.

I don't use one any more. I'd rather not have it than one that's broken. MCCC has a feature where instead of spawning new sims, it will take sims from your library. That's the closest I've seen.

Don't use the option to spawn sims from the library, right now, if you want to play the Paranormal pack... It makes Bonehilda and the ghosts spawn as random townies instead as how the template says they should.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    edited February 2021
    SiliClone wrote: »

Don't use the option to spawn sims from the library, right now, if you want to play the Paranormal pack... It makes Bonehilda and the ghosts spawn as random townies instead as how the template says they should.
    For a moment I thought I tagged you.. I had to double check :smiley:

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member

For the moment I thought I tagged you.. I had to double check :smiley:

Ahah nope... I was just casually around and I have the notifications enabled for this thread.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    amazing, thanks guys & thanks a lot Zero/SiliClone for the mod <3
    i really can't play ts4 anymore without something stopping random townies from spawning lol
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

Although once they've been spawned in the given save, you can turn it back on. So at most 5 sim days ('cause that's when She comes.)
  • BookwyrmmeBookwyrmme Posts: 59 Member
    Bookwyrmme wrote: »
    @Bookwyrmme That's caused by one of the mods that's been updated. I can't recall which one but it's one that's on p. 1

Updated Tools
    Sims 4 Studio

Note to Followers
    Please note the change on p. 1 to what can be covered in this topic. If you aren't sure if something you want to report or know about is permitted, you can message me to find out.

UI Cheats Extension. Thank you. Of course it is the one that I didn't notice needed updating. Much appreciated.

HI, I am still getting the error with the event bar after updating UI Cheats Extension. Anyone know of any other doing this? I went through all my mods and everything is updated. Working on the 50/50. Thank you.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited February 2021
    I know this probably is the wrong spot for this, but I need some help. I was messing around with my mods (Not very smartly, I admit) and I think I messed them all up. I mean every single one of them. Most of my mods now have a Windows Media Player logo on them for the package files. I don't know what I did and when I go to download a mod again it only shows that logo on the package files. How can I revert this back? Please help.

Edit: I just checked. It put the same logo on more then just my mods. It showed up on the log cache file and the avatar cache file (I I can delete those) but the one I'm unsure about (besides the mods ones) is the package file called Client DB.
    Please tell me I didn't just singlehandedly screw up my Sims 4 game and my mods.

I'm panicking

Edit 2: Okay. I just went into my game and all of my mods are still listed, but I still want to know if there's a way to revert this back and how to do it so I can feel better.

And I will never do this again.
    Post edited by simgirl542 on
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    edited February 2021
    @simgirl542 You just set it to be opened with the wrong program. They will still work as is, but if you want to change it:

Right click on any package file.
    Go down to "Open with..." (not "Open").
    Check the box at the bottom that says "Always use this app to open .package files."
    Pick S4Studios (you may have to click "More apps" to find it).

If you don't have s4s (Sims 4 Studios) installed, you can leave it as it is, pick notepad/wordpad, or go into your default program list and remove the default program for package files.
    New for the Pack
    Purchase Oddities From Certain Figures (TwelfthDoctor1)
    Paranormal Investigator Instance Startup Fix (TwelfthDoctor1)
    novisibleparanormalaura (Bienchen)

New Bugfix Mod
    3+ Lifestyles Fix (TwelfthDoctor1)

Mod Updates from Bienchen
    karaokeduetfilterfix
    curesickness
    stormmoodlettweak
    townieoverhaul_lessfame
    paranoidfromotherstalkingbufffix
    autobeachactivitytweak
    morechildrenatbeaches
    bikeoutside
    napoverhaul
    morefoodatcafe
    pboxupdated_usemoreingredients
    restaurantguestoverhaul
    barnightrevamp
    fleamarketvendor
    lessrandomhatsandaccessories
    carryumbrellafix
    awayactions
    extendedinvitationsoverhaul
    justfriendstweak
    lesseldersatlounge
    noextramoneyonpromotion
    privacytweak
    whimoverhaul
    @amethystlilac, thank you for helping me with this.
    Where would I find the default program list? The only one I can find is via search and sims 4 is not listed on it.
    @simgirl542 open the start menu and type in default apps.
    At the bottom, click the text that says Choose default apps by file type.
    When it eventually loads, scroll down to .package on the left of the screen.
    You need to pick your program in the column to the right of that. I don't think you can pick Sims 4. Don't use something from the Windows store, there's no way to say what that might do to your files.

Your best bet would be to pick Sims 4 Studios (S4Studios is what shows on my list), or download it if you don't have it.
    @amethystlilac, the only thing that appears is next to the .package is Windows Media Player.

@simgirl542 I think your only option is to go back into your mods folder and pick a package file (t doesn't matter which one, it will not affect the mod at all), right click it, click open with, click more apps, and pick something from there that you can live with. The icon on the left is what will show on the packages. Again, this will affect nothing but the look. Unless you have a program to let you work with package files, which program you pick doesn't matter, because they can't read the contents of the files.
    @amethystlilac thank you. I think I will change it to Notepad/WordPad like you suggested in a previous post.
    Mod Updates
    No Spoiling Fizzy Drinks and Water (Lotharihoe)
  • latricenl77latricenl77 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi All. this forum has extended a lot since 1/21 patch. Is it safe to say that none of Kawaii Stacie mods have been updated or even addressed? Been searching online since 1/21 and even her website forums and she doesn't even respond. Just curious if any of you knew.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top