Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack manifests soon!

1235...Next

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Has anyone else had stuff disappear from a haunted house lot? I swear I've placed a speaker in the same room at least four times and it keeps vanishing. At one point, a counter vanished as well, and a door to the bathroom which I know had been there before. Is this normal?

Do you have Eco Lifestyle? If so it may be worth checking if the Caring is Sharing NAP is active.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Do you have Eco Lifestyle? If so it may be worth checking if the Caring is Sharing NAP is active.

I do have Eco Lifestyle, but I don't have the Caring is Sharing NAP active in any of my neighborhoods (this is an old save where all the neighborhood actions are maxed). Plus these disappearances happened in the first few days after my sims moved into the house and literally no one else was there. The Welcome Wagon had been frightened off by angry spirits on the first day and there weren't even any neighbours dropping by after that. I did on one occasion catch an angry Temperance literally stealing a coffee table and everything on it when no one was in the room, but again these mysterious disappearances happened before she showed up at all.

They've continued, by the way. Since my first post, my Sim's only dining table and four chairs disappeared on one occasion, an entire row of counters on another, and the chess table and chairs have now disappeared twice too. I am starting to think it is something about the house. It's getting really expensive. My sims are poor and they can't afford to keep buying counters and tables. But my sim was not doing anything to control or placate the spirits (I was pretending she was in denial about everything that was happening) or working on the medium skill, so maybe that's the problem. Maybe if you do nothing with a Haunted House Lot, stuff starts to disappear as well as your sims getting terrified, having nightmares, running around in panic, and hiding under the covers.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I do have Eco Lifestyle, but I don't have the Caring is Sharing NAP active in any of my neighborhoods (this is an old save where all the neighborhood actions are maxed). Plus these disappearances happened in the first few days after my sims moved into the house and literally no one else was there. The Welcome Wagon had been frightened off by angry spirits on the first day and there weren't even any neighbours dropping by after that. I did on one occasion catch an angry Temperance literally stealing a coffee table and everything on it when no one was in the room, but again these mysterious disappearances happened before she showed up at all.

They've continued, by the way. Since my first post, my Sim's only dining table and four chairs disappeared on one occasion, an entire row of counters on another, and the chess table and chairs have now disappeared twice too. I am starting to think it is something about the house. It's getting really expensive. My sims are poor and they can't afford to keep buying counters and tables. But my sim was not doing anything to control or placate the spirits (I was pretending she was in denial about everything that was happening) or working on the medium skill, so maybe that's the problem. Maybe if you do nothing with a Haunted House Lot, stuff starts to disappear as well as your sims getting terrified, having nightmares, running around in panic, and hiding under the covers.

Hmm. I haven't had anything go missing that I've noticed yet, I'll keep a closer eye on things. After how many people complained about Caring is Sharing it would have been a stupid idea on their part to make some thing similar apply to a lot trait. Which probably means they did it :/
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Hmm. I haven't had anything go missing that I've noticed yet, I'll keep a closer eye on things. After how many people complained about Caring is Sharing it would have been a stupid idea on their part to make some thing similar apply to a lot trait. Which probably means they did it :/

Well, this may be my fault, because of the way I was playing (not doing anything). So I don't actually blame EA or mind that much if these disappearances are the result of my sim being negligent and not interacting with or placating the spirits in her house. I just wondered if anyone else had encountered it as part of gameplay or if it was a bug. I might try playing with a different family and training a sim up to be a medium from the start so she can control the spirits right away, see if that makes a difference. Oh, and I will repair my game too.
  • xAlaska0xAlaska0 Posts: 6 New Member
    I really like it😍
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    > @MeowchaFrappe said:
    > Actually... a Fear emotion is coming... to the base game. :)
    >
    > Guru Conner shared a picture of a scared sim on his twitter
    > https://twitter.com/SimGuruConor/status/1349049059588272130/photo/1
    >
    > Although I'm wondering... will our Sims be able to die from too much fright?

Is the fear emotion supposed to come with this pack? I'm confused, because I don't have the Paranormal Stuff pack yet, but my Sims occasionally get the purplish-burgundy scared moodlet (usually when storms occur - I have Seasons installed - but I have also had it happen while exploring the ruins in Selvadorada).

I can't share pics yet because I'm a new member, but I have some screenshots and it lots exactly like the moodlet shared by Guru Conner

I'm not sure which pack I got the scared moodlet with, because I've bought several expansions at the same time, at the beginning of this year. But I'm pretty sure I bought Seasons and Jungle Adventure before Paranormal Stuff came out.

Is it possible it was added to the base game?
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    > @MeowchaFrappe said:
    > Actually... a Fear emotion is coming... to the base game. :)
    >
    > Guru Conner shared a picture of a scared sim on his twitter
    >
    >
    > Although I'm wondering... will our Sims be able to die from too much fright?

Is the fear emotion supposed to come with this pack? I'm confused, because I don't have the Paranormal Stuff pack yet, but my Sims occasionally get the purplish-burgundy scared moodlet (usually when storms occur - I have Seasons installed - but I have also had it happen while exploring the ruins in Selvadorada).

I can't share pics yet because I'm a new member, but I have some screenshots and it lots exactly like the moodlet shared by Guru Conner

I'm not sure which pack I got the scared moodlet with, because I've bought several expansions at the same time, at the beginning of this year. But I'm pretty sure I bought Seasons and Jungle Adventure before Paranormal Stuff came out.

Is it possible it was added to the base game?

Yes, it was added to the base game in the latest patch.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    > @telmarina said:
    > Yes, it was added to the base game in the latest patch.

That makes sense! Thanks.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery