Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods Disabled - RESOLVED

AStrawberrySlushAStrawberrySlush Posts: 57 Member
edited June 2018 in Mods Bugs & Issues
Hello,

I haven't played TS4 in several months, but I decided to get back into it today! I always update my game even if I don't play. I expect to receive the pop up about my mods being disabled. I didn't. I go into the game options to see what is going on, the mods option is selected (green check mark) but the entire thing is also grayed out/unable to be clicked or selected. When I roll over it, it says, "Script mods have been disabled". I then clicked on the 'View Custom Content' button and none of my mods show up! They are all in my folder properly so I am not entirely sure what the issue may be. I have deleted and reinstalled them into the folder as well. Please assist if you can!

***UPDATE***
I saw other threads with this same issue, I am going to start using the suggestions I see in those threads. I'll update as I work through them until something (hopefully) works. So far I've unlinked OneDrive, no luck as of yet.

***UPDATE 2***
I moved my mod folder, expecting the game to make a new one when I loaded it back up. The mod folder was never recreated. Not sure if this could be a contributing factor. I have deleted all the cache that I could in the folder.

***UPDATE 3***
Fixed! I had to go into a save (didn't realize this earlier) and go into game options to enable mods! Hopefully this can help anyone in the future with this issue.

Thank You~
Origin ID:
AStrawberrySlush
Post edited by AStrawberrySlush on

Comments

• GibbanatorGibbanator Posts: 17 Member
    going into save to reenable custom scripts does not work... It is still grayed out saying can not be enabled due to update. Do I have to start a new game?
  • GibbanatorGibbanator Posts: 17 Member
    this worked for me:
    move the following file to the desktop: documents\electronicarts\thesims\options(.ini)

restart game than you can pick your options.. A new Options.ini will appear in your file.