Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Its official I'm bored with the Sims šŸ™„

2...Next

Comments

• Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Go play SIMS 2 & 3. You wonā€™t get bored!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I play a bunch of games besides just Sims 4, so boredom is rarely an issue, it's more "OK, I've kind of played this to death for now, time to go play some Euro Truck Simulator 2 or Super Mega Baseball 3 or blow the dust off Fallout: New Vegas."

By the time I've played those games enough to be a bit saturated on them, the "cooldown time" for Sims 4 has passed and I can jump back into my save refreshed.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I honestly donā€™t understand when people say this. Iā€™ve recently been playing the Sims 3 and I donā€™t find it any more or less fun than the Sims 4. Maybe it just depends on play style? In TS3 I played with my family. In TS4 I play with my families. I have fun in both games equally. I actually prefer the Sims 4 to the Sims 3 because it runs smooth, the graphics are more my aesthetic and I prefer how the sims are despite them having less good traits. Theyā€™re more social and expressive and I love that about them.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Sharonia wrote: Ā»

I honestly donā€™t understand when people say this. Iā€™ve recently been playing the Sims 3 and I donā€™t find it any more or less fun than the Sims 4. Maybe it just depends on play style? In TS3 I played with my family. In TS4 I play with my families. I have fun in both games equally. I actually prefer the Sims 4 to the Sims 3 because it runs smooth, the graphics are more my aesthetic and I prefer how the sims are despite them having less good traits. Theyā€™re more social and expressive and I love that about them.

me to who knows though op might like sims 3 more or maybe there not a sim person or maybe its just not the right time in there life
    to enjoy the game I use to only play sims 3 a few times a year now I play all the sims games way more and sims 4 almost daily @Sharonia
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,459 Member
    I thoroughly enjoy the game, every aspect of it. Like many others I use it as a creative tool. Like drawing, or making music. This is just my Simming tool.

I spend as much time in CAS as I spend time building or storytelling. When storytelling/ creating sims in CAS I do use a handful of gameplay mods and a ton of CC. Mods add an edge to my personal play style and Iā€™m incredibly grateful they exist. Whenever I can, I will support modders who provide content that I always use in my game.

On my build days my mods folder is completely empty. I use whatever the packs have to offer. I have every single one of them, because they do always contain elements that I can use. Iā€™m not stuck for BB or debug objects...thatā€™s for sure.

In saying all that, I will always be asking for and looking forward to additional gameplay, objects and improved systems, even though I havenā€™t explored every feature that exists in the game.

I donā€™t play when I donā€™t feel inspired. But that has nothing to do with the game. When Iā€™m uninspired I donā€™t do anything. Except go for a walk and gaze at the trees. šŸ˜‚

Itā€™s okay to take a break and do something else for a while. When you get back to it you may find new, refreshing things to do in the game.
    Good luck. šŸ™‚
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I guess it could be a difference in play style or something; maybe what you want out of the game. Iā€™ve played TS4 a lot & Iā€™ve enjoyed it at times, but itā€™s never held my interest like TS2 & TS3. I donā€™t even play TS4 anymore. I guess I just preferTS2 & 3.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    > @izecson said:
    > The last time I played Sims 4 was a week after snowy escape release, there really is nothing to do at the game anymore that at least interest me, ive been playing sims 3 again since september and only stopped to play cyberpunk 2077 and valhalla now im resuming ts3 again and still have a blast for every session.

This is where I am currently I purchased a few more packs for the Sims 3 and I could play this game forever. Half way wish I could get a refund for all the money wasted on the sims 4. Love the graphics of ts4 but the game play on ts3 I have no complaints what so ever. Need to purchase all the Expansion packs and then I'll be set i can pick and chose which stuff packs id like.

True, back then when I bought the sims 3 and all of its pack it's always worth the full price for me and I could play the packs for months on end and never have I ever thirsty for new pack and only to realize that there is a new one already released a while ago, I cant say for sims 4, in my case few days after the new pack released i always wondering when the next pack is gonna be released, the game just cannot hold my interest for long for any of my playstyles, even with mod that reduce the sims smiling they still smile too much and it spoils the story i want to create for them and i can count how many expressive facial animations that are used in sims 4.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions, inspirational stories, and sharing your playing styles. I think it may be just time for a change for me. Maybe I need to venture outside and let *gulp* the sun touch my skin -- teehee.

I will stop by the forums from time to time, but I need to get outdoors, live life and finish writing my trilogy. Hopefully, when I get that done the game will become interesting again.

Hope everyone in the US is good after the events on 1/6/2021 - Stay Safe and Be Healthy.
    Cheers
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®šŸ˜±
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I guess it depends on the play style and the packs you own if you get bored. I've never been bored of playing Sims 4. In fact, I have so much to do in this game that I'm sometimes overwhelmed by all of it. I keep starting new saves because I want to do this and that and my other saves don't have suitable Sims for the idea. Sometimes I wish they'd already stop with the new content because I don't have time for all the old stuff either.
    I love relaxing family play, drama, challenges, occults and crazy Slms that do crazy things. I'm a person who wants to try everything, now I'm excited for the new Paranormal Stuff pack even if it's a topic that doesn't interest me at all in real life.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    I think it's the pandemic problem too. I have my fave Sims 3 Packs, up to current Sims 4 Packs & Civilization VI Packs. However, I'm still bored. I keep waiting & hoping for the vaccine to be available to all of us. I guess I'm just worn down from this. I want to feel the fun in my games again.
  • tutifruity6644tutifruity6644 Posts: 878 Member
    the sims 4 is so fun
    Screenshot-2022-02-26-at-02-01-45.png
    šŸ’›šŸ¤ Tai (iel en franƧais / they/them in english) šŸ’œšŸ–¤
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Take a Break. Take other genres to explore in gaming.

Currently I am into Assassin's Creed. Planning to play all of the major games this pandemic. They are also Pretty cheap now (especially the classics) and Valhala just got on Christmas Sale a while ago. You should try it it's fun doing stealth instead of an action gun shooter game I definitly recommend it if your into that.