Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is this? Please Help!

Mjstuffing19Mjstuffing19 Posts: 71 Member
I haven't played since June last year and started up again last week. Everything is updated. I don't know if this is new or a bug. I've started noticing NPC's doing this weird dance or movement( I dont know what to call it) that everyone stops for and "see whats happening" my sim included. They do it all the time. Sometimes its these blue butterflys the NPC plays with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Is this a bug or part of the game? I want it to stop. How do I post an image on here?

Comments

• PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’ve noticed this in my game too. I thought maybe it was to do with some mods I have in my game. Do you play with any mods?
  • Mjstuffing19Mjstuffing19 Posts: 71 Member
    Yes, I do.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Slice of Life?
    I have Slice of Life, MCCC, Life Decider, Srsly Cooking... ,and two others. I was hoping it was the game and not a mod. They make the game not boring.
    Is it Slice of Life specifically causing it?
    edited January 2021
    I’m fairly sure it’s part of the Slice of Life personalities. I haven’t use the mod much since she added these interactions but you can remove them and still retain the rest of the mod. I think it’s a file located in the SoL Personalities folder. It’s called something like Personality interactions.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I was going to say that the two mods you mentioned MCCC and Slice of Life, are mods you and I have in common. I've also seen this interaction in my game. I doubt it's MCCC, so that leaves SOL. I will take the suggestion @Sharonia offered and remove that one file to see what happens.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Thank you I will remove the file and see if it changes anything
    I removed the file and got caught in an infinite loading screen when traveling to meet the NPC that did the animation last. :( How did it work out for you GalacticGal?
    I removed the file and got caught in an infinite loading screen when traveling to meet the NPC that did the animation last. :( How did it work out for you GalacticGal?

Deleting that file shouldn't cause any issues. I've just downloaded the mod to see what files are there. I think two files might need deleting. The one called "KS - SOL Personality Interactions[Base].package" and also the "KS - SOL Interactions[Cheat].package" can go as well. I've deleted these files before and had no issues with the game or mod.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Remember to delete the localthumbcache file too, since removed files can "linger" and I guess cause issues. I make a habit of deleting it (and any last-files) every time I open the TS4 folder.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have Slice of Life, MCCC, Life Decider, Srsly Cooking... ,and two others. I was hoping it was the game and not a mod. They make the game not boring.

It's happening in my game, and I don't have any of the mods you listed. I do have a lot of other mods, though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Here is a picture of what I'm talking about.

50811540718_4eb7bcb85e_b.jpg
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My vampires were just doing that during a snowball fight, but as part of a series of taunts.

ojg1nse.png

I think it's a taunting action more than a dance move. But I don't know why everyone would stop and watch it. In my game it came with context, so I didn't think it was a bug.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.