Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationships/Generations EP. Add your ideas!

Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Instead of only family life, this pack would flesh out all relationships. No new world - all resources are devoted to gameplay.

INDEX
  • Life stages: (pregnancy), baby, toddler, child, teen, adult, elder.
  • Relationships: friendly, mean, romantic, family.
  • Chemistry, dating and marriage.
  • Death and mourning.
  • Activities and skills.

LIFE STAGES

Pregnancy
Not technically a life stage but part of the cycle.
New features:
  • New interactions (self-interactions): talk to tummy, sing to tummy, daydream about family.
  • Baby shower. Sims will gift child objects such as toys.
  • Cravings: pregnant sims will want to eat certain foods, sometimes strange combinations.
  • Emotional during first two trimesters: sometimes grumpy, stronger emotional reactions to certain things. Might get some impulsive wishes.
  • Getting massages (base game) and being tampered at a spa (Spa Day) alleviates a lot of stress. Pregnant sims will get wishes to be pampered.
  • Get ultrasound. Goes into rabbit hole (or optionally the hospital, GTW) and returns with an ultrasound picture.
  • Bonuses from reading parenting/pregnancy books.

Babies
New features, regardless of whether they remain objects:
  • Change into different outfits. Onesies, diapers, cute beanies and mittens etc. Like with NK: pick from drop-down menu and spin in air.
  • More bassinets and cradles. Add slot to place a toy in alongside the baby.
  • "Add blanket" option on a baby in a bassinet/cradle. Options: tuck in (blanket on top) or swaddle (throwback to burrito babies).
  • New interactions: sing to... sleep/entertain/soothe (more options with higher singing skill, CL), read to, peek-a-boo, coo at, tease/pester.
Free the babies:
  • Put in playpen. New playpen object in which babies can wiggle around. Slight skill increase in certain toddler skills.
  • Strollers (for babies and toddlers). Take for joyride around neighbourhood or for a soothing stroll.
  • Bathe in sink.
  • Travel together. If put on floor, a baby might try to crawl around (if almost ready to age up to toddler).
  • Help blow out birthday candles on cake.

Toddlers
Toddlers are pretty great so not much to add here, imo.
New features:
  • Go for joyride or soothing walk in stroller.
  • More toys: tiny tot tea set (throw tea party with other sims (all ages) or with toys), normal-sized cuddly teddies.
  • More interactions with other toddlers: play with toys together, babble together etc.
  • Tiny kiddie rides (ponies, bees, cars etc).

Children
New activities:
  • More toys: noble sim tea set (play with other sims or toys), easy bake oven, play kitchen set (felt food), hop scotch mat, jumping rope etc.
  • Cardboard imagination station: build cardboard fortress, grocery/lemonade/muffin stand, secret tent etc. Play in, dress up and play make believe, do homework in fortress/tent etc.
  • Tree houses and jungle gyms (TS3 style): play in, do homework in, declare top secret hangout, hang out in, prank other sims (dump bucket of water from atop) etc.
  • More ways for kids to play without objects: tag, play make believe etc.
  • Prank calls, slumber parties and pranking household objects/public objects and the school.
  • Updated birthday parties: party packets, games etc. Cute decorations, more cake decoration options (toppers) etc.
  • Also, make the void critter battle station available to all life stages child and older to play with, KRS.
School:
  • Field trips with souvenirs (tokens, pictures etc)
  • Rabbit hole after-school activities: ballet, sport, debate, music, book club etc.
  • Detention if homework isn't done, caught being mischievous (through chance cards and pranks) etc.
  • If grades stay very bad for a period of time, might get shipped off to boarding school. Players can ship sims off to boarding school to temporarily get rid of them.
  • Private school that requires tuition money and B or higher grades. Children can get offered scholarships to attend private school. Parents can also bribe the principle of the private school and "make donations" to encourage acceptance.
  • Competitions for prize money, medals/trophees and scholarships: Spelling Bee, Maths/Language Olympiad, Science Exhibit, Kids and Teens Talent Show.
Other:
  • First crush. Obviously cannot become flirty: simply tense, embarrassed and happy when noticed. Can quickly hold hands and give a super quick peck on the cheek, followed by an "ewww!"
  • Can accuse other kids of having cooties if they have a crush.
  • Ask another child to one day marry them. "Proposes" with a candy/lollipop ring.
  • Ability to do low-level gardening (watering and harvesting). Can "help with cooking" and "bake together" when a teen or older sim is in the kitchen.

Teens
New activities:
  • Hang out and do homework in tree houses, jungle gyms etc.
  • Slumber parties, prank calls and playing spin the bottle (PG pecks).
  • Throw wild parties when parents aren't home. Chance of being busted by the cops. Teens may also be invited to other teens' wild parties. If the cops bust the party, they may get in trouble if they don't escape quickly enough. They may also have to sneak out of the house and back in if they don't ask their parents' permission to go.
  • Curfews (optional through toggle) with chance of getting busted if breaking it.
  • Get grounded by parents. Sneak out of house, with possibility of being busted. Do chores to get out of grounded state more quickly.
  • If/when cars come back, teens can learn how to drive from others.
  • Can be grounded by having their phones taken away. This is accompanied by a BG patch allowing the disabling of phones for individual sims, the active household or the world.
School
  • Prom: scramble to get a date, dress up and have the time of their lives (for better of for worse).
  • Detention if homework isn't done, caught being mischievous (through chance cards and pranks) etc.
  • If grades stay very bad for a period of time, might get shipped off to boarding school. Players can ship sims off to boarding school to temporarily get rid of them.
  • Graduating with bad grades gives disadvantages when pursuing a career. Will start off with negative performance in first two levels and might take longer to gain experience until level four.
  • Private school that requires tuition money and B or higher grades. Teens can get offered scholarships to attend private school. Parents can also bribe the principle of the private school and "make donations" to encourage acceptance.
  • Competitions for prize money, medals/trophees and scholarships: Spelling Bee, Maths/Language Olympiad, Science Exhibit, Kids and Teens Talent Show.
Behaviour:
  • Mood swings and occasional impulsive/rebellious wishes (ex: give self makeover, go through punk phase, go vegetarian (temporary or permanent trait, treated as a bonus trait instead of taking up a slot), learn a new hobby etc). Wishes to procrastinate doing homework and occasionally get very bored/tense while doing homework.
  • If hygiene stays low for a period of time, a breakout may appear. Breakouts go away after a day if teen takes care of their hygiene and applies cream in the mirror.
  • Wishes to attend/throw parties and to hang out in cool places (teen hot spot lot traits, assigned by player and by game (like in Late Night).

Adults
New features:
  • May have a mid-life crisis. Strong wishes to make major life decisions (move to new home, break up/have an affair/marry boyfriend or girlfriend, change or quit career, change aspiration), travel (to destination worlds or stay at a resort/hotel), take up a new hobby, purchase something very expensive, get a makeover, go vegetarian (temporary or permanent bonus trait), write a book etc.
  • Advantage in careers from their past experience and maturity. Gain work experience a bit more quickly. However, learn new skills more slowly bc it is more difficult to learn certain new things as you age (exception: when having related trait, ex. creative and painting).
  • Fitness skill is more difficult to gain than in previous life stages, except if already having a high skill level.
  • Might get bored, tense or embarrassed for being "too old for this place" when at community lots with YA/teen lot traits.
  • Get occasional tense buffs worrying about bills, mortgages, careers, the future of the economy etc, as well as worrying about back pain and wrinkles.

Elders
New features:
  • More enjoyment out of small things like watching grandchildren play, watching the sunset/stars, eating their favourite food/drink, teaching others skills and gifting them handmade things etc, as well as scrapbooking. Alternatively, might be bitter/grumpy about more things (usually trait-related): scream at youngsters, chase off property, complain about numerous things etc.
  • Reminiscing as self-interaction or with others.
  • "Grandma/Grandpa's secret recipe" recipes in baking and cooking. Hint: the secret ingredient is love. Cooking/baking together with children and teens provide happy memories.
  • Bonuses when scrap booking (ties in with memories).
  • Might get bored, tense or embarrassed for being "too old for this place" when at community lots with YA/teen lot traits.
  • More enjoyment out of quiet gatherings such as tea parties, dinners and garden parties (picnics, cooking outside and playing outdoor games). Exceptions: traits like dance machine, rebellious etc.
  • Bingo game object. Bingo Night events at lounges for elders, including pensioner's discount on food and drinks.
  • Golden Anniversary certificate mailed to couples who have been married from YA- or Adulthood to a few days into Elderhood.

RELATIONSHIPS
Flesh out all relationship types, not just romantic. Friendships gradually become closer and more meaningful, with more interactions being unlocked, especially if many memories have been shared together (memory system patched into base game). Enemies are much more hostile towards each other and may try to ruin each other's lives with rumours, kick over each other's trash cans etc.
More relationship types are available in CAS: boyfriend/girlfriend, fiance, cousin etc.

Interaction ideas
Chit-chat:
  • Small talk
  • Chat about day
  • Talk about news (might bore a sim)
  • Talk about... (unlocked when sim finds out that the sim has a certain skill or trait, like cooking, fitness, books etc. Good relationship boost as it shows interest in the other sim)
  • Try to impress (might fail, causing embarrassment)

Friendship:
  • Tease about... (other sim's love interest)
  • Discuss mutual dislike for... (sim with negative relationship for both sims)
  • Rant about ... (sim)
  • Rant about life
  • Discuss which fictional character you are
  • Speculate futures (can give various buffs, ex. "I'm going to be rich" or "What do you mean I'll have 8 kids?")
  • Gush about future with... (love interest)
  • Ask if... is a good match (love interest. Pop-up saying yes/no etc. Might offend sim if friend says no)
  • Ask for advice about... (sim's relationship with another sim. Negative relationship or love interest)
  • Better and longer deep conversation animation.
  • Burp contest

Mean:
  • Hit insecurities
  • Insult... (skill/personality trait)
  • Suggest sim has no future
  • Spread rumours about... (might either lower your sim's relationship with talked-to sim (if they have a positive relationship with subject sim) or lower talked-to sim's relationship with subject sim as intended)
  • Gossip about... (sim)
  • Turn against... (sim)

Romance:
  • Discuss future together (might either make a sim tense for not wanting to commit so quickly, or open a possibility of the other sim asking you out on a date and proposing in the next few days. Non-played sims don't propose, which makes sense as it might ruin stories, but it would be great if we could influence it to happen)
  • Discuss previous lovers (high chance of making other sim upset, especially if jealous)
  • Dinner table proposal, Picnic proposal
  • Slow-dancing
  • Confess affair, Accuse of having affair
  • Ask for open relationship (trait-specific response. Allows sim to romance other sims without jealousy. Should ask all parties, though, otherwise the unknowing sim will react as if being cheated on. Still only able to marry one sim at a time, though)

Socials that prompt a pop-up:
  • Gossip (pop-up with something that is actually happening in town, like in TS3. Ex: "Did you hear Bessie and Clark are going steady?" "Did you hear Hans recently became famous?" "Did you hear Geoffrey and Nancy had a fight in public?" etc. Will work very well in conjuction with Get Famous, since reputations and being in the spotlight influence gossip.")
  • What's wrong? (If a sim is in a negative mood. Pop-up explaining cause, like "My parent died" or "broke up with.." or "got in fight with.." etc. A big part of real emotions is sharing them. I often get very frustrated when I want to know why my sim's friends are upset, but there's no way of finding out. This will help us know what's happening in the world and with our sims' friends.)

CHEMISTRY, DATING AND MARRIAGE
Chemistry and turn-on/off system
Chemistry refers to whether two sims get along well or not, regardless of romance. This is influenced by traits, interests etc.
A turn-on/off system is added for romantic attraction and is picked in CAS. A sim can be very attracted to another but have bad chemistry, which either results in a relationship full of turmoil or a one-sided crush.
Sims can feel differently about each other according to the combination of their chemistry and turn-ons/offs. One sim might find another the hottest thing on earth while they might return a feeling of utter disgust.

Dating and marriage
Dating is enhanced by the general enhancements of the romantic system and relationships.
There are new ways of proposing (dinner table and picnic blanket proposals). Sims might now be proposed to through a prompt if certain interactions (like discussing future together) are carried out.
Bachelor/ette parties make a comeback and can get very wild with dancers dressed up as firefighters, police and burglars. One last night of freedom - a great idea or a gateway to some very questionable decisions?

Weddings get some updates, especially in the decor department. Along with extra birthday cake toppers, more wedding cake decorations are now available. The new finger food recipes come in handy for feeding your guests - will you settle for budget sandwiches or a fancy high tea menu? Make it yourself or request a special menu from your caterer.
Photographers can be hired like caterers through the party planner interface to take nice photos of any event. Finally it is easy to frame that romantic kiss under the arch!

DEATH AND MOURNING
Mourning
The death of loved ones affect sims more deeply, also over the long term with memories coming back. Certain things may occasionally remind sims of a death and make them sad for a while.

Funerals
A funeral event can be held on a home lot or a cemetery lot. Cemeteries, in my opinion, would make more sense in TS4 if they double as funeral homes. Not only can they mourn at the graves, but also give/listen to speeches about the deceased, eat funeral finger food together etc in a mausoleum or designated area. NPC sims will only go to cemeteries if they are mourning someone they knew, are attending a funeral, were invited there, are an occult (vampires and witches skulking around for victims and searching for ingredients for potions that spawn in cemeteries) or if it is related to their traits (edgy gloomy punk sims).
Sims can talk about the deceased, give condolences, express glee for the demise of their enemy and dance around their grave/urn etc.

ACTIVITIES AND SKILLS
Hobbies:
  • Update card tables to switch to board games like checkers + snakes and ladders.
  • Bingo game object.
  • Portable picnic basket with picnic blanket (place on floor or on picnic table).
  • Portable sleeping bags (for camping without a tent, sleepovers etc).
  • New outdoor games like the return of the Gnubb set.
  • Scrapbook making.
  • Return of video cameras and home videos that can be played on the TV. Great for capturing special moments and memories.
  • New teatime recipes: sandwiches, biscuits, crumpets, finger foods etc.

Careers:
  • Therapist/counselor: general or school counselor.
  • Day care: active career, similar to TS3.
  • Cemetery-related part-time job late at night.

New social events and party types:
  • Baby shower, slumber party, wild teen party, bachelor party.
  • Tea party, garden party.
  • Funerals.
  • Updated/expanded events: birthday party, weddings.
  • Bingo Night, Singles Mingle, Kids and Teens Talent Show.

Lot traits:
  • Elder hangout. Attracts elders and hosts events such as Bingo Nights and Pensioner Tea Parties.
  • Singles hotspot. Attracts YA to Elder sims that aren't in a romantic relationship, as well as serial romantics and sneaky commitment issue sims. Hosts Singles Mingle events.
  • Family fun. Attracts families, especially with young children.
  • Mature meetup. Attracts adults and discourages Young Adults.

Feel free to add your ideas :smile:
Post edited by Louise_G0325 on

Comments

• bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I've been watching a series of videos about things that are in the Sims 2 that aren't in 3 or 4. One of the things that popped up in the video was toddlers fighting over a bottle. I forgot they used to do that and want it back. I basically want back all of the interactions we had in Sims 2 that are missing now. I liked that my kids could dance with their parents, run to greet them when they come home from work and give them a hug, etc. I want my sim parents to give their adult children hugs and act excited to see them. I also want them to send their kids off to college like they used to. My sim went to college, graduated, and is now living with his girlfriend. His family doesn't even act like they're related when he invites them over or goes to visit. I also want my sims to be able to celebrate their engagement with a party where people give them gifts like blenders, toasters, and other small appliances. Their friends and family should react to the engagement in a way that shows how they feel about their relatives partner. I want better dancing options and more stuff for huge weddings and receptions. Sims 2 will be my favorite game forever... unless the Sims 4 team finds a way to recreate that magic by giving the new sims more personality.

Here are the videos I mentioned:
    https://youtu.be/LlWEvlW9jbY
    https://youtu.be/IFzHdwgjS0c
    https://youtu.be/-NPUgE_MOow
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'd die for this pack.... Wow, thank you for all the ideas!
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I've been watching a series of videos about things that are in the Sims 2 that aren't in 3 or 4. One of the things that popped up in the video was toddlers fighting over a bottle. I forgot they used to do that and want it back. I basically want back all of the interactions we had in Sims 2 that are missing now. I liked that my kids could dance with their parents, run to greet them when they come home from work and give them a hug, etc. I want my sim parents to give their adult children hugs and act excited to see them. I also want them to send their kids off to college like they used to. My sim went to college, graduated, and is now living with his girlfriend. His family doesn't even act like they're related when he invites them over or goes to visit. I also want my sims to be able to celebrate their engagement with a party where people give them gifts like blenders, toasters, and other small appliances. Their friends and family should react to the engagement in a way that shows how they feel about their relatives partner. I want better dancing options and more stuff for huge weddings and receptions. Sims 2 will be my favorite game forever... unless the Sims 4 team finds a way to recreate that magic by giving the new sims more personality.

I agree with everything you suggested! Toddlers stealing bottles would be adorable, and it would be awesome if sims reacted more realistically to announcements, ex. pregnancy, graduation, engagement etc. Would be extra great if sims would react negatively if a sim gets engaged/married to a sim that they have a negative relationship with. In general I feel like sims don't know or care about what is going on in each other's lives. I would like more pop-ups and animations that express other sims' thoughts as individuals (caused by their personalities, relationships and skills instead of only generic dialogue).

Regarding relatives and old friends, it's so frustrating that sims basically act like acquaintances when you visit their homes. One of my sims married a townie with a sister who stayed in their old home. When she visited her sister later, the sister kicked her out for "inappropriate behaviour" - she was sleeping in her old bed. Sims should be fine with relatives sleeping, cooking etc in their homes if they have a non-negative relationship, especially if it used to be their home as well.

I watched the videos and there really are so many adorable little details that I wish TS4 could get. I think the following would be great in this pack:
    • Elders occasionally hurting their back while playing with toddlers and children or teaching toddlers to walk and potty.
    • Children and teens' unfinished homework stacking up instead of simply one blue book living stagnantly in their inventory.
    • Children getting upset if their parents fight in front of them.
    • Games: rock paper scissors, catch, pillow fights, red hands, Mary mack, Marco polo in the swimming pool.
    • Pranking the fire alarm to set off the sprinklers; electric shock prank by rubbing feet on carpet.
    • Newspapers and magazines making a comeback. To have them delivered at your home, subscribe to daily or weekly delivery by clicking on the mailbox. Sims can play crossword puzzles and Sudoku in the newspaper. Magazines can help with skill improvement, special unlockable recipes/crafts/tricks and more socialization interactions (ex. discussing favourite magazines, sharing insider tips etc).
    • The comeback of landlines. Would be extra great to have some retro phones, burger phones etc.
    • Jumping on couches and beds.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I was really upset when my sim went home to visit. He tried to fix dinner for his family and gained a negative relationship with his dad. That really needs to be fixed. Their family tree connections should carry more weight.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would love:
    Better Romantic Interactions
    Better Family Trees
    Playable Babies
    Proper Personalities
  • VeteranSimmerVeteranSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    Everything you mentioned above are great! Some of these you suggested should come to base game.

No one really gives affection to pregnant sim or baby inside. Even baby's father. There is only one option "invite to feel the baby" which isn't specific. Father just panics in hospital & that's it. I think pregnant sim's spouse should have certain behaviours during the time towards pregnant depending on relationships and traits. They may help out pregnant sims and complete some requests.

I personally don't care about babies. There is nothing distict characteristics for babies in real life. But toddlers can be improved. I'd implement your first two suggestions in free the babies part to toddlers.

I think chemistry should depend on traits (including aspiration & reward traits & others), skills, we should be able to choose what are a sim's likes and dislikes for appearance, gender preferences. This can be expanded. I don't like it when my young adult PC suddenly flirts with an elder for example. Restrictions would be good.

But let's say there is a sim with evil trait. Chances of this sim match with good sim will be lowered, I think this isn't a good representation either.

I include also some relationship ideas that were in survey here:

"Relationship tone: Relationships have short-term states such as “Furious with [Sim X]”.
    More relationship types: Have new ways to define relationship dynamics such as “bromance”.
    Shared experiences: Sims share repeated activities with preferred Sims such as “brunch buddies”.
    Shared personal history: A relationship’s past impacts the present. For example, good friends who had a dramatic falling out may have a harder time reconnecting."

There was also one more thing in survey relating to this EP suggestion.

"Define your Sim’s lifestyle: Choose your Sims’ activity level, social preferences, habits, etc."

I think this is one of the best features. But this can also come to base game. I don't like when my created sims going to irrevelant places. Such as, there is this upper-class sim, visiting filthy burger house.

But at this point maybe we should find a new name for Relationships/Generations EP haha I think I am a bit out of line
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited August 2020
    No one really gives affection to pregnant sim or baby inside. Even baby's father. There is only one option "invite to feel the baby" which isn't specific. Father just panics in hospital & that's it. I think pregnant sim's spouse should have certain behaviours during the time towards pregnant depending on relationships and traits. They may help out pregnant sims and complete some requests.
    I think it would also be nice if children and toddlers could have a pregnancy-related interaction or two, such as "ask about baby in tummy" etc.
    "Relationship tone: Relationships have short-term states such as “Furious with [Sim X]”.
    More relationship types: Have new ways to define relationship dynamics such as “bromance”.
    Shared experiences: Sims share repeated activities with preferred Sims such as “brunch buddies”.
    Shared personal history: A relationship’s past impacts the present. For example, good friends who had a dramatic falling out may have a harder time reconnecting."
    I would LOVE short-term relationship states! It would solve many issues around sims currently not being affected by life events. Being cheated on would actually affect behaviour directly instead of just producing a sad mood, as an example. It would complement the emotional system very well since it would direct emotions more strongly towards certain sims instead of being completely general, and it would make behaviours and autonomous interactions more meaningful.
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    In addition relationships like In-laws, Step-family, and up to three best friends.

High School Graduations/more scholarships/more after-school activities.

Family Gatherings/reunions where even cousins and their families would be invited.

A revamped and improved family tree without disappearing relatives.

Playdates/staying with relatives

• nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Instead of only family life, this pack would flesh out all relationships. No new world - all resources are devoted to gameplay.

INDEX
    • Life stages: (pregnancy), baby, toddler, child, teen, adult, elder.
    • Relationships: friendly, mean, romantic, family.
    • Chemistry, dating and marriage.
    • Death and mourning.
    • Activities and skills.

LIFE STAGES

Pregnancy
    Not technically a life stage but part of the cycle.
    New features:
    • New interactions (self-interactions): talk to tummy, sing to tummy, daydream about family.
    • Baby shower. Sims will gift child objects such as toys.
    • Cravings: pregnant sims will want to eat certain foods, sometimes strange combinations.
    • Emotional during first two trimesters: sometimes grumpy, stronger emotional reactions to certain things. Might get some impulsive wishes.
    • Getting massages (base game) and being tampered at a spa (Spa Day) alleviates a lot of stress. Pregnant sims will get wishes to be pampered.
    • Get ultrasound. Goes into rabbit hole (or optionally the hospital, GTW) and returns with an ultrasound picture.
    • Bonuses from reading parenting/pregnancy books.

Babies
    New features, regardless of whether they remain objects:
    • Change into different outfits. Onesies, diapers, cute beanies and mittens etc. Like with NK: pick from drop-down menu and spin in air.
    • More bassinets and cradles. Add slot to place a toy in alongside the baby.
    • "Add blanket" option on a baby in a bassinet/cradle. Options: tuck in (blanket on top) or swaddle (throwback to burrito babies).
    • New interactions: sing to... sleep/entertain/soothe (more options with higher singing skill, CL), read to, peek-a-boo, coo at, tease/pester.
    Free the babies:
    • Put in playpen. New playpen object in which babies can wiggle around. Slight skill increase in certain toddler skills.
    • Strollers (for babies and toddlers). Take for joyride around neighbourhood or for a soothing stroll.
    • Bathe in sink.
    • Travel together. If put on floor, a baby might try to crawl around (if almost ready to age up to toddler).

Toddlers
    Toddlers are pretty great so not much to add here, imo.
    New features:
    • Go for joyride or soothing walk in stroller.
    • More toys: tiny tot tea set (throw tea party with other sims (all ages) or with toys), normal-sized cuddly teddies.
    • More interactions with other toddlers: play with toys together, babble together etc.
    • Tiny kiddie rides (ponies, bees, cars etc).

Children
    New activities:
    • More toys: noble sim tea set (play with other sims or toys), easy bake oven, play kitchen set (felt food), hop scotch mat, jumping rope etc.
    • Cardboard imagination station: build cardboard fortress, grocery/lemonade/muffin stand, secret tent etc. Play in, dress up and play make believe, do homework in fortress/tent etc.
    • Tree houses and jungle gyms (TS3 style): play in, do homework in, declare top secret hangout, hang out in, prank other sims (dump bucket of water from atop) etc.
    • More ways for kids to play without objects: tag, play make believe etc.
    • Prank calls, slumber parties and pranking household objects/public objects and the school.
    • Updated birthday parties: party packets, games etc. Cute decorations, more cake decoration options (toppers) etc.
    • Also, make the void critter battle station available to all life stages child and older to play with, KRS.
    School:
    • Field trips with souvenirs (tokens, pictures etc)
    • Rabbit hole after-school activities: ballet, sport, debate, music, book club etc.
    Other:
    • First crush. Obviously cannot become flirty: simply tense, embarrassed and happy when noticed. Can quickly hold hands and give a super quick peck on the cheek, followed by an "ewww!"
    • Can accuse other kids of having cooties if they have a crush.
    • Ask another child to one day marry them. "Proposes" with a candy/lollipop ring.
    • Ability to do low-level gardening (watering and harvesting). Can "help with cooking" and "bake together" when a teen or older sim is in the kitchen.

Teens
    New activities:
    • Hang out and do homework in tree houses, jungle gyms etc.
    • Slumber parties, prank calls and playing spin the bottle (PG pecks).
    • Throw wild parties when parents aren't home. Chance of being busted by the cops. Teens may also be invited to other teens' wild parties. If the cops bust the party, they may get in trouble if they don't escape quickly enough. They may also have to sneak out of the house and back in if they don't ask their parents' permission to go.
    • Curfews (optional through toggle) with chance of getting busted if breaking it.
    • Get grounded by parents. Sneak out of house, with possibility of being busted. Do chores to get out of grounded state more quickly.
    • If/when cars come back, teens can learn how to drive from others.
    School
    • Prom: scramble to get a date, dress up and have the time of their lives (for better of for worse).
    • Graduating with bad grades gives disadvantages when pursuing a career. Will start off with negative performance in first two levels and might take longer to gain experience until level four.
    Behaviour:
    • Mood swings and occasional impulsive/rebellious wishes (ex: give self makeover, go through punk phase, go vegetarian (temporary or permanent trait, treated as a bonus trait instead of taking up a slot), learn a new hobby etc). Wishes to procrastinate doing homework and occasionally get very bored/tense while doing homework.
    • If hygiene stays low for a period of time, a breakout may appear. Breakouts go away after a day if teen takes care of their hygiene and applies cream in the mirror.
    • Wishes to attend/throw parties and to hang out in cool places (teen hot spot lot traits, assigned by player and by game (like in Late Night).

Adults
    New features:
    • May have a mid-life crisis. Strong wishes to make major life decisions (move to new home, break up/have an affair/marry boyfriend or girlfriend, change or quit career), travel (either to destination worlds or stay at a resort/hotel), take up a new hobby, purchase something very expensive, get a makeover, go vegetarian (temporary or permanent bonus trait), write a book etc.
    • Advantage in careers from their past experience and maturity. Gain work experience a bit more quickly. However, learn new skills more slowly bc it is more difficult to learn certain new things as you age (exception: when having related trait, ex. creative and painting).
    • Fitness skill is more difficult to gain than in previous life stages, except if already having a high skill level.
    • Get occasional tense buffs worrying about bills, mortgages, careers, the future of the economy etc, as well as worrying about back pain and wrinkles.

Elders
    New features:
    • More enjoyment out of small things like watching grandchildren play, watching the sunset/stars, eating their favourite food/drink, teaching others skills and gifting them handmade things etc. Alternatively, might be bitter/grumpy about more things (usually trait-related): scream at youngsters, chase off property, complain about numerous things etc.
    • Reminiscing as self-interaction or with others.
    • "Grandma/Grandpa's secret recipe" recipes in baking and cooking. Hint: the secret ingredient is love. Cooking/baking together with children and teens provide happy memories.
    • Bonuses when scrap booking (ties in with memories).
    • More enjoyment out of quiet gatherings such as tea parties, dinners and garden parties (picnics, cooking outside and playing outdoor games). Exceptions: traits like dance machine, rebellious etc.
    • Fitness skill is not only potentially deadly, but also more difficult to level up in. High-level fitness skill sims get a boost, but it is still not easy.

RELATIONSHIPS
    Flesh out all relationship types, not just romantic. Friendships gradually become closer and more meaningful, with more interactions being unlocked, especially if many memories have been shared together (memory system patched into base game). Enemies are much more hostile towards each other and may try to ruin each other's lives with rumours, kick over each other's trash cans etc.
    More relationship types are available in CAS: boyfriend/girlfriend, fiance, cousin etc.

Interaction ideas
    Chit-chat:
    • Small talk
    • Chat about day
    • Talk about news (might bore a sim)
    • Talk about... (unlocked when sim finds out that the sim has a certain skill or trait, like cooking, fitness, books etc. Good relationship boost as it shows interest in the other sim)
    • Try to impress (might fail, causing embarrassment)

Friendship:
    • Tease about... (other sim's love interest)
    • Discuss mutual dislike for... (sim with negative relationship for both sims)
    • Rant about ... (sim)
    • Rant about life
    • Discuss which fictional character you are
    • Speculate futures (can give various buffs, ex. "I'm going to be rich" or "What do you mean I'll have 8 kids?")
    • Gush about future with... (love interest)
    • Ask if... is a good match (love interest. Pop-up saying yes/no etc. Might offend sim if friend says no)
    • Ask for advice about... (sim's relationship with another sim. Negative relationship or love interest)
    • Better and longer deep conversation animation.
    • Burp contest

Mean:
    • Hit insecurities
    • Insult... (skill/personality trait)
    • Suggest sim has no future
    • Spread rumours about... (might either lower your sim's relationship with talked-to sim (if they have a positive relationship with subject sim) or lower talked-to sim's relationship with subject sim as intended)
    • Gossip about... (sim)
    • Turn against... (sim)

Romance:
    • Discuss future together (might either make a sim tense for not wanting to commit so quickly, or open a possibility of the other sim asking you out on a date and proposing in the next few days. Non-played sims don't propose, which makes sense as it might ruin stories, but it would be great if we could influence it to happen)
    • Discuss previous lovers (high chance of making other sim upset, especially if jealous)
    • Dinner table proposal, Picnic proposal
    • Slow-dancing
    • Confess affair, Accuse of having affair
    • Ask for open relationship (trait-specific response. Allows sim to romance other sims without jealousy. Should ask all parties, though, otherwise the unknowing sim will react as if being cheated on. Still only able to marry one sim at a time, though)

Socials that prompt a pop-up:
    • Gossip (pop-up with something that is actually happening in town, like in TS3)
    • What's wrong? (If a sim is in a negative mood. Pop-up explaining cause, like "My parent died" or "broke up with.." or "got in fight with.." etc. I think this will complement the emotional system very well, as a big part of real emotions is sharing them. We can also get to know sims better by knowing what's going on in their lives)

CHEMISTRY, DATING AND MARRIAGE
    Chemistry and turn-on/off system
    Chemistry refers to whether two sims get along well or not, regardless of romance. This is influenced by traits, interests etc.
    A turn-on/off system is added for romantic attraction and is picked in CAS. A sim can be very attracted to another but have bad chemistry, which either results in a relationship full of turmoil or a one-sided crush.
    Sims can feel differently about each other according to the combination of their chemistry and turn-ons/offs. One sim might find another the hottest thing on earth while they might return a feeling of utter disgust.

Dating and marriage
    Dating is enhanced by the general enhancements of the romantic system and relationships.
    There are new ways of proposing (dinner table and picnic blanket proposals). Sims might now be proposed to through a prompt if certain interactions (like discussing future together) are carried out.
    Bachelor/ette parties make a comeback and can get very wild with dancers dressed up as firefighters, police and burglars. One last night of freedom - a great idea or a gateway to some very questionable decisions?

Weddings get some updates, especially in the decor department. Along with extra birthday cake toppers, more wedding cake decorations are now available. The new finger food recipes come in handy for feeding your guests - will you settle for budget sandwiches or a fancy high tea menu? Make it yourself or request a special menu from your caterer.
    Photographers can be hired like caterers through the party planner interface to take nice photos of any event. Finally it is easy to frame that romantic kiss under the arch!

DEATH AND MOURNING
    Mourning
    The death of loved ones affect sims more deeply, also over the long term with memories coming back. Certain things may occasionally remind sims of a death and make them sad for a while.

Funerals
    A funeral event can be held on a home lot or a cemetery lot. Cemeteries, in my opinion, would make more sense in TS4 if they double as funeral homes. Not only can they mourn at the graves, but also give/listen to speeches about the deceased, eat funeral finger food together etc in a mausoleum or designated area. NPC sims will only go to cemeteries if they are mourning someone they knew, are attending a funeral, were invited there, are an occult (vampires and witches skulking around for victims and searching for ingredients for potions that spawn in cemeteries) or if it is related to their traits (edgy gloomy punk sims).
    Sims can talk about the deceased, give condolences, express glee for the demise of their enemy and dance around their grave/urn etc.

ACTIVITIES AND SKILLS
    Hobbies:
    • Update card tables to switch to board games like checkers + snakes and ladders.
    • Portable picnic basket with picnic blanket (place on floor or on picnic table).
    • Portable sleeping bags (for camping without a tent, sleepovers etc).
    • New outdoor games like the return of the Gnubb set.
    • Scrapbook making.
    • New teatime recipes: sandwiches, biscuits, crumpets, finger foods etc.

Careers:
    • Therapist/counselor: general or school counselor.
    • Day care: active career, similar to TS3.

New social events and party types:
    • Baby shower, slumber party, wild teen party, bachelor party.
    • Tea party, garden party.
    • Funerals.
    • Updated/expanded events: birthday party, weddings.

Feel free to add your ideas :smile:

Love everything!! They definitely need to do this!
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    @Louise_G0325 100% perfect, I really hope the sims team will see this and take it into consideration.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I. Love. All of this!

>"Add blanket" option on a baby in a bassinet/cradle. Options: tuck in (blanket on top) or swaddle (throwback to burrito babies)

I did not even realize this was a desperate need until now. All of my Sims' babies have been freezing cold for years and I did not even pause to consider it. Besides being left in their cribs for hours on end with no human interaction. What kind of parenting strategies are these???

Everything you said about pregnancy. Yes, yes, yes! I so want to have ultrasound photos. Plus more self-interaction with mom and baby would be great for maternity shoots (yes, I do those.) Otherwise you have to wait forever until mom slips into an idle animation. Additionally, more opportunities for dad/others to interact with the baby. In Sims 3, people could feel or listen to tummy, and talk to the baby through the tummy (hilarious to watch dads make goofy faces and noises). And baby showers! I feel there could be so much more excitement and family involvement with pregnancy. I also think the dad/partner should have some kind of expecting baby buff for the duration of the pregnancy as well. Not this "listen to big news" and forget about it two hours later nonsense. No wonder Sim dads have a panic attack when labor starts, they've completely forgotten their partner was pregnant. "What do you mean you're having a BABY? Right NOW?"

Scrapbooking is a must, along with photo albums. I would love to have other options for photo storage than just desperately looking for empty wall or surface space (especially since objects that ought to have oodles of surface space--hello, shelves--are despicably limited in slots.)

Cardboard--the perfect resource for endless imagination and creative play. I love the cardboard dollhouse that comes with Eco Lifestyle--but imagine if you could BUILD ONE? Or a refrigerator box spaceship, or a fort, or...

Funerals and grief are actually something I came to post about today but then you took care of that for me. Mourning is so...flat right now. You have this strong sad buff and crying jags but that's about it. Your Sim could be sad about anything, there's nothing to differentiate grief from a stubbed toe. Your Sim can't even vocalize the reason behind their sadness to other Sims other than to "Ask for advice" or "complain about problems". I miss the crying on shoulder interaction from Sims 3. Plus, who doesn't enjoy a good funeral? And cemetery lots are a must because if I haven't taken the time to build one in a particular save, my Sims are left awkwardly carrying around Grandpa's remains in their inventory, unless I stick him somewhere in the house, at which point he'll take it upon himself to haunt the terrified pets or play poltergeist with the plumbing. Jerk.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    I'd love such a pack and honestly think that we are losing a lot of possible gameplay due to the permanent demand for a new world with every new GP and EP.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    With my generation pack I'll add preteens but every you said sounds great.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'd love an "assign Godparent" feature, so that if your only adult sim dies and you don't have a teen in the house, the Godparent comes to live in or your child sims move into the Godparent's lot. That way, you don't lose your whole game and children if there's an unexpected adult death.

Opens up lots of story possibilities too. Maybe they could even have some default foster situations if you don't have a Godparent assigned. Like one of four possibilities young sims are assigned to on parents death and move in with them- you either get adopted by a bald billionaire (Mr. Warbucks from Annie reference), A strict older mean woman with a really decrepit home and no toys (just an awful orphanage scenario with "A Series of Unfortunate Events" vibe), an eccentric almost magical woman with a zany home (A Mary Poppins/Mrs Frizzle kind of character), and finally one more average person with just a simple home and job.

I could see people really enjoying the story play having a Godparent would bring. With this I'd also want more interactions and better relationships between sims and their family, including adopted parents or kids, step-parents and siblings, affairs, etc. Make families more dynamic and sims relationships deeper.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Relatives should be able to recognize relatives regardless of any generation cut off. Right now any generation past 3 will not be recognized by Gen1-3.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    >if your only adult sim dies and you don't have a teen in the house, the Godparent comes to live in or your child sims move into the Godparent's lot. That way, you don't lose your whole game and children if there's an unexpected adult death.

This, or if there are living relatives that aren't in your household, your children can be adopted by them rather than vanishing into the nether that is Sims social services.