Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Sentiments seem pointless they take ages to get, add nothing to the game and disappear very quickly. I don’t get why people are saying it’s a game changing feature. It’s added very little to my game except me stressing why my sims aren’t getting them and when they do why they vanish after a few days.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I may be the only person on the planet who liked Outdoor Retreat 😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member

Nay, I love that one! Except for the too frequent campfire tragedies. :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.

Nope it’s my second favourite gamepack after jungle adventure and is up there with my favourite sims 4 packs. It’s such an underrated pack I send my sims to granite falls all the time.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Sentiments seem pointless they take ages to get, add nothing to the game and disappear very quickly. I don’t get why people are saying it’s a game changing feature. It’s added very little to my game except me stressing why my sims aren’t getting them and when they do why they vanish after a few days.

I feel lifestyles are pointless, they take forever to gain especially since they require you to do the associated activities almost every day. Sentiments are fine but seem a little unbalanced, my entire family is upset because of "shared sadness" because one of the kids got the "bad day at school" moodlet and now the whole family is sad because the child being sad. In a different save one of my other child sims has an "angry" sentiment towards her toddler brother, for not giving her the "blessing of youth" at the Festival of Youth. Like, excuse me? Who programmed this? Toddlers can't even do the "blessing" interaction, just WTH?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Agreed. Biggest overhype ever!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I feel lifestyles are pointless, they take forever to gain especially since they require you to do the associated activities almost every day. Sentiments are fine but seem a little unbalanced, my entire family is upset because of "shared sadness" because one of the kids got the "bad day at school" moodlet and now the whole family is sad because the child being sad. In a different save one of my other child sims has an "angry" sentiment towards her toddler brother, for not giving her the "blessing of youth" at the Festival of Youth. Like, excuse me? Who programmed this? Toddlers can't even do the "blessing" interaction, just WTH?

Those festival sadness / angry moodlets are downright awful .. your parents weren't even at the festival, why have a sad sentiment towards them for not receiving the blessing of youth????
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020

I agree. At first I thought they were nice but they don’t seem to affect anything beyond moodlets and they disappear way to fast. They certainly didn’t turn out to be the personality improvements I was hoping for.

Lifestyles are actually awful. I’ve turned them off in my game and my sims are some how still gaining them and being affected by them emotionally.
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Those festival sadness / angry moodlets are downright awful .. your parents weren't even at the festival, why have a sad sentiment towards them for not receiving the blessing of youth????

Agree, I wouldn't say it's the worst implemented system (that award goes to the NAP's) but it's certainly up there, like just a few more lines of code to stop the yo-yo effect would have been awesome.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

I loved outdoor retreat too, I use stuff from that pack all the time.
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    I hate the City Living festivals.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Agree, I wouldn't say it's the worst implemented system (that award goes to the NAP's) but it's certainly up there, like just a few more lines of code to stop the yo-yo effect would have been awesome.

Yes I feel like I just need to accept that they will *never* introduce a balanced feature to TS4. It's always either completely overblown or entirely unimpactful, but very rarely just right. Sentiments aren't a terrible idea. They could've even been quite great if they'd been related to traits, which would've finally made the trait system more relevant as well. But no, instead, the sims team decide to give us randomly distributed sentiments, leaving us with even more non-sensical, story-breaking emotional states than we already have anyway and toddlers holding long-term grudges against their parents for asking them to eat dinner, instead of meaningful sentiments that actually improve sim personalities and make for more life-like sims with semi-realistic feelings and behaviors.

I don't hate TS4 but Star Wars, this pack, the NAPs, the sentiments .. I'm really losing faith that this team can code anything in a way that makes any sense. Do they ever sit down to think through scenarios? Do they realize if they give us Kotatsu tables, we'd want to make restaurants with them? Did they wonder if it would make sense for normal, well-adjusted children to be angry and depressed for days because of some random blessing at a random festival (like what, they think their parents and siblings actively prevented this blessing??)? Did they wonder why sims can still go out every day and cheat on their spouses but not really feel any guilt about it while they do bring home guilty gifts after working late (in probably only one VERY specific career)? Why do we have hospitals but can't go there to get treated when sick? Why do we have policemen that don't have anything to police? The list of disappointments is growing and I'm just saddened at how much more this pack made me turn away from TS4, how little I actually played it, and how little I enjoy the time I did spend playing it ...

Anywho. Sorry for venting, it's just so annoying.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I hear great things about the Sims 2 (never played though) and I miss a lot about the Sims 3, but even if I had access to playing those games I would always pick the sims 4 since I love how it looks and rotational play was a game changer for me. So yeah I’d give up better gameplay in a second for the aesthetic of the Sims 4.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member

I really enjoyed Outdoor Retreat and those tents have been used time and time again, especially for weekends in Sulani plus the shop where you can buy apples and stuff.

I’m glad it’s not just me with the sentiments as I feel it gets so much praise on here and by other simmers including gamechangers I do think it is the biggest hype ever and adds nothing to my game. I actually wish there was an option to turn them off as they are so much of a hindrance in my game.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I like the new main menu, the pack screen looks nice

Yes I feel like I just need to accept that they will *never* introduce a balanced feature to TS4. It's always either completely overblown or entirely unimpactful, but very rarely just right. Sentiments aren't a terrible idea. They could've even been quite great if they'd been related to traits, which would've finally made the trait system more relevant as well. But no, instead, the sims team decide to give us randomly distributed sentiments, leaving us with even more non-sensical, story-breaking emotional states than we already have anyway and toddlers holding long-term grudges against their parents for asking them to eat dinner, instead of meaningful sentiments that actually improve sim personalities and make for more life-like sims with semi-realistic feelings and behaviors.

I don't hate TS4 but Star Wars, this pack, the NAPs, the sentiments .. I'm really losing faith that this team can code anything in a way that makes any sense. Do they ever sit down to think through scenarios? Do they realize if they give us Kotatsu tables, we'd want to make restaurants with them? Did they wonder if it would make sense for normal, well-adjusted children to be angry and depressed for days because of some random blessing at a random festival (like what, they think their parents and siblings actively prevented this blessing??)? Did they wonder why sims can still go out every day and cheat on their spouses but not really feel any guilt about it while they do bring home guilty gifts after working late (in probably only one VERY specific career)? Why do we have hospitals but can't go there to get treated when sick? Why do we have policemen that don't have anything to police? The list of disappointments is growing and I'm just saddened at how much more this pack made me turn away from TS4, how little I actually played it, and how little I enjoy the time I did spend playing it ...

Anywho. Sorry for venting, it's just so annoying.

It's ok, I completely get it! I feel exactly the same way, I couldn't have said it better myself. All I can hope as a fan of the Sims franchise is that the team will take what they've learned here into the next one (if there is going to be a sims 5), and pray to God, Zeus, Osiris, Jove, Odin or whoever is up there that it won't be another "was meant to be an online multiplayer that got condensed into a singleplayer because of a different game flopping." Or it doesn't become "live service".
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I like the unmodded ask to leave interaction, it hillarious for the guest when being asked to leave and they look like they just realized they were overstaying their welcome.

but people were disliking this animation thinking it was kinda rude
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that instead of listening to the majority of simmers EA chooses to only listen to their more popular Game Changers. The Game Changers don't represent the majority of us. For example, Cowplants were able to be named before attempting to fix skintones or even adding in more natural hair for minority simmers. All because a popular Game Changer demanded that we be able to name Cowplants and how truly unfair it was that everything else can be named except for cowplants. When more diversity is what a number of people had been asking for, for over 6 years and is far more important than naming a Cowplant Billy or Gina. Sorry I don't mean to come across as throwing shade its that priorities need to be made for this game. They need to look at what we want as simmers as the majority of simmers. I want a game with minimal problems, bugs, etc first before cool things in Build and Buy mode, and CAS. As much as I want diversity in the game and want everybody included I also want something that works and that isn't broken first.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 134 Member
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > I don’t like playing families with dogs because I hate having to bathe them

Somewhat me too, but not baths, I hate that they seem to always wanna go on a walk and its not really that but like they always whining.
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    edited December 2020
    I wish they'd just expanded the number of swatches and kept the integrity of genetics than give us sliders and pretty much shrug off varying genetics.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited December 2020
    I hear great things about the Sims 2 (never played though) and I miss a lot about the Sims 3, but even if I had access to playing those games I would always pick the sims 4 since I love how it looks and rotational play was a game changer for me. So yeah I’d give up better gameplay in a second for the aesthetic of the Sims 4.

Sims 2 was really a good game in many ways, way ahead of it’s time.....
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Several of the skin swatches in the Dec update look exaggerated and cartoonish. I don’t like that they didn’t leave us with the option of using preexisting skin tones to edit.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited December 2020
    I might get some flack for this. But I like the new update, I really do. But I wish they had added at least a few more "pale" or "fair" swatches that we could edit.

Although I'm happy for the POC Simmers, I feel like those of us with fairer skin got overlooked in this update big time. There's really only 2, maybe 3 swatches that I can use without the skintone seeming too "tanned" for lack of a better word. I also don't like that the only fair tones we have are under "warm" I would have liked some under "neutral" and "cool" as well.
    Post edited by MeowchaFrappe on
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I detest vampires = only got that pack for the lots, clothes and furniture.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top