Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any way to get the old hair back before the update?

rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
A little while ago an update changed how some of the hairs look. Is there a way to get the old hairs back? One of my sims from the beginning, the launch of the TS4, has been affected by this update and I want to keep her appearance the same as it has been since the release of TS4.

Hair.jpg

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    CC would be the only way I can think of. I'm not sure if anyone's made it though.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Their attempted baby hairs make me laugh.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Someone who havent updated their games in the last 2 months may be able to provide the old meshes for you, if they know how to extract one using sims4studio.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Someone who havent updated their games in the last 2 months may be able to provide the old meshes for you, if they know how to extract one using sims4studio.

The mesh is still in the base game in its original data. The updated mesh is in another separate data file for updates.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I hadn't even checked out that hair! When I began playing with bad graphics one of my sims had it and at the time I thought it was straight hair. I later noticed it wasn't, but I think that one needed the update because of that.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    They look like they’re drawn on the sims, not like actual hair. Especially on the new Snowy Escape hair.
    Chazzzy wrote: »

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited November 2020
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

The mesh is still in the base game in its original data. The updated mesh is in another separate data file for updates.

Thanks for the information. I'll have to dig around for it via TS4 Studio.

EDIT:
    The icon is there, but the actual mesh is gone. It still creates a mesh of the new version of the hair when trying to create new CC. This is really dissapointing. They could have at least left the old mesh in...
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Wouldn't it still be available in the legacy edition of the game? Maybe there's a way to get the mesh from there?
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    Wouldn't it still be available in the legacy edition of the game? Maybe there's a way to get the mesh from there?

Yes, it's in there! I just tested CAS in the legacy version. Thanks! Now, I just have to figure out how to extract it. TS4 Studio is still reading from the regular version.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    For this particular hairstyle the new version looks so different from the older one that it feels like a different hair style. I wish they would have just added the new one and left the old one in the game.
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I agree. Those baby hair ruin the hair for me.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I like both hairstyles & would love both to be in Sims 4.