Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My ideas for Generation EP

LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I
Open schools like careers in GTW. With Prom Event that would take place at School every other weekend or so. Return of the Slow Dance for the prom. And open School Teacher career.

II
TEEN ASPIRATIONS.
Instead of growing up to have adult aspiration teen should be more like kids. Have their own aspiration categories and temporary bonus trait for that aspiration. Like "rebellious teen" if the teen chooses the Rebellion category growing up. I would suggest "Popularity", "Romance", "Mischief", "Rebellion", "Sport", "Art" and "Knowledge" teen categories with one or two aspirations in each one.

III
Some new activities for kids and toddlers and new child aspiration would be nice. BUT NO IMAGINARE FRIEND IT WAS CREEPY.

IV
Negative traits if the sims grew up badly. Not the parenthood ones. I would like the game to "punish" a player a bit for not developing kids skills and not pursuing their deams.

For example if the kid has less then 12 skill points in total when growing up, the game will give him a extra trait of "slow learner". Similar to the way game rewards a toddler for having skills it could punish kids for not having them. But there should be a way to overcome this as a teen. If a teen completes a knowledge teen aspirations, the bad trait is gone.

Traits for completing a teen aspiration should be more a mark than a bonus.

Then if the teen never completes at least first step of his teen aspiration, they game gives a "looser" trait. It makes sim more insecure as an adult and actually makes their life harder. And there should be a way to overcome it. Like a therapy.

This is the feature that should be optinal and easy to turn off of course. And it should not be applied to unplayable sims.

V
Midlife crisis. A few days before growing up to adult SOME sim starts to worry if they are doing ok. Especialy if they haven't even started on their aspiration. Sims with midlife crisis are oftenly tense and sometimes very sad. They whims indicate they want some life changes. It could wear off by itself or develop into something extreme that needs therapy.

I would like to see a legit depression with +20 sad moodlets, energy dropping quickly, whims are gone for depressed sims. I don't want it to happen to every sim, maybe it should be tied to sim beeing sad for too long. But if it happens it should be something you need to take care about because the sim really suffers.

VI
Therapy should me more than going to the rabbit hole one time and it's over. If it is a rabbit hole, maybe sim would come home with "therapy goals". Goals like "meet someone new", "compliment somebody", "raise a skill", "write in the diary" (if you have parenthood). The Sims 4 is based on checklist systems, why not use it strenghts? The whole process could take 3-5 days.

It would make sense to add a therapist career, allow sims in this career be able to help others, etc.

VII
ELDER TRAITS AND INTERACTIONS
Elder sims have an extra age specific trait. Like "grumpy grandpa" - this sims likes to complain all the time. "Hippy lady" - this sims are very cheerfull and fun in their old age.

VIII
I would love for videocameras to come back. Making home movies was cute.

I think that sims 4 has VERY strong systems, it already knows how to give traits depending on some conditions, it already has open careers, it alredy can have age specific aspiration and age specific traits, so everything I've listed can be done with existing engine. The game has some serious muscle (this is why there so many cool mods for sims 4). I would love to see the game use this muscles at their full strengh, so to speak.

I am hoping snowy escape is not the last EP and that we could still have Generations. The Sims 4 is a good game and I love it, and I want Generations EP to make it even better.

Comments

• Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    We NEED this! Generations was my most-wanted EP from TS3 (I couldn't have any of the DLC, sadly) and the other age groups in TS4 seriously need more love and attention. Even PH is more focused on the Parents (adults), how they raise their kids, and how the kids will turn out when they become....adults :neutral:
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Prom and slow dancing were nightmares for me so I don't really care about that.

TEEN ASPIRATIONS I totally want that, I always thought it was weird that they just give them adult aspirations. As a teen I change my mind several times on what I wanted to do and none of them are what I want to do as an adult lol. I also think negative traits would be a good idea, I honestly don't get into gameplay much because its bland and this would definitely spice things up some. Maybe not super negative but something to mark that your sim did something different or didnt complete something.

The midlife crisis is kind of like the prom idea for me, not a big fan but wouldn't bother me too much. I could see it being glitchy and making Sims a pain to control.

I like the therapy idea, even if you can't physically visit, it should at least give a positive moodlet when you get back. Therapy has such a bag stigma in real life I think it would be nice to add it to the game to show people its not a bad thing.

Elder aspirations would be cool, like I said I don't get into gameplay alot so I don't know what its like with jobs and elders and such right now but being able to retire and do other things would be a nice touch to add some variety to the game

I also am holding out hope for a generations pack. I might even play more and build less with it!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'm on the fence about open Schools since GTW was so buggy and how this game is buggy in general. But I would be open to an open school I would like a prom like a party ask a date or a date ask you or go with friends, dress up and have the option to nominate anyone or yourself to become King or Queen and you have to get a certain amount of votes from high school like put up posters, bake and share cookies brownies. Also run for Class Pres. And become validictorian at graduation I don't know how to spell that word. I would like cliques also like Jocks, Cheerleader, Plastic Mean Girl, Nerdy Chic girl/guy, A Goody two shoes whose not a nerd but like acts to grown up or professional I don't know what their called but they need straight As, Skaters, Punk, Rebels, Band, Mathletes, Glee, Theatre People.
    Leaselmary wrote: »
    I
    Open schools like careers in GTW. With Prom Event that would take place at School every other weekend or so. Return of the Slow Dance for the prom. And open School Teacher career.

II
    TEEN ASPIRATIONS.
    Instead of growing up to have adult aspiration teen should be more like kids. Have their own aspiration categories and temporary bonus trait for that aspiration. Like "rebellious teen" if the teen chooses the Rebellion category growing up. I would suggest "Popularity", "Romance", "Mischief", "Rebellion", "Sport", "Art" and "Knowledge" teen categories with one or two aspirations in each one.

III
    Some new activities for kids and toddlers and new child aspiration would be nice. BUT NO IMAGINARE FRIEND IT WAS CREEPY.

IV
    Negative traits if the sims grew up badly. Not the parenthood ones. I would like the game to "punish" a player a bit for not developing kids skills and not pursuing their deams.

For example if the kid has less then 12 skill points in total when growing up, the game will give him a extra trait of "slow learner". Similar to the way game rewards a toddler for having skills it could punish kids for not having them. But there should be a way to overcome this as a teen. If a teen completes a knowledge teen aspirations, the bad trait is gone.

Traits for completing a teen aspiration should be more a mark than a bonus.

Then if the teen never completes at least first step of his teen aspiration, they game gives a "looser" trait. It makes sim more insecure as an adult and actually makes their life harder. And there should be a way to overcome it. Like a therapy.

This is the feature that should be optinal and easy to turn off of course. And it should not be applied to unplayable sims.

V
    Midlife crisis. A few days before growing up to adult SOME sim starts to worry if they are doing ok. Especialy if they haven't even started on their aspiration. Sims with midlife crisis are oftenly tense and sometimes very sad. They whims indicate they want some life changes. It could wear off by itself or develop into something extreme that needs therapy.

I would like to see a legit depression with +20 sad moodlets, energy dropping quickly, whims are gone for depressed sims. I don't want it to happen to every sim, maybe it should be tied to sim beeing sad for too long. But if it happens it should be something you need to take care about because the sim really suffers.

VI
    Therapy should me more than going to the rabbit hole one time and it's over. If it is a rabbit hole, maybe sim would come home with "therapy goals". Goals like "meet someone new", "compliment somebody", "raise a skill", "write in the diary" (if you have parenthood). The Sims 4 is based on checklist systems, why not use it strenghts? The whole process could take 3-5 days.

It would make sense to add a therapist career, allow sims in this career be able to help others, etc.

VII
    ELDER TRAITS AND INTERACTIONS
    Elder sims have an extra age specific trait. Like "grumpy grandpa" - this sims likes to complain all the time. "Hippy lady" - this sims are very cheerfull and fun in their old age.

VIII

I think that sims 4 has VERY strong systems, it already knows how to give traits depending on some conditions, it already has open careers, it alredy can have age specific aspiration and age specific traits, so everything I've listed can be done with existing engine. The game has some serious muscle (this is why there so many cool mods for sims 4). I would love to see the game use this muscles at their full strengh, so to speak.

I am hoping snowy escape is not the last EP and that we could still have Generations. The Sims 4 is a good game and I love it, and I want Generations EP to make it even better.

Also I would love the grumpy and the midlife crisis when they hit adult to elders tho then they buy something out of blue like when they did when they were a YA.
  • Ds777Ds777 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it’d be great for the generations to be more detailed.
    I also think that it’d be great to have a pre-teen generation between child and teen for that period between the two that’s slightly awkward(11-12 years old).
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Proper full Weddings
    Honeymoons
    Height Sliders in CAS
    Proper Teens
    Playable Babies
    In-Laws
    Great-Grandparents
    Great-Aunts/Uncles
    Step-Parents
    Step-Children
    Step-Siblings
    Half-Siblings
    Proper Adopted Families
    Second Cousins
    Proper Widows/Widowers
    Playable Grade Schools/High Schools
    A Small Community College for sims that can't go to University

That's all I can think of.

• Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Proper full Weddings
    Honeymoons
    Height Sliders in CAS
    Proper Teens
    Playable Babies
    In-Laws
    Great-Grandparents
    Great-Aunts/Uncles
    Step-Parents
    Step-Children
    Step-Siblings
    Half-Siblings
    Proper Adopted Families
    Second Cousins
    Proper Widows/Widowers
    Playable Grade Schools/High Schools
    A Small Community College for sims that can't go to University

That's all I can think of.

you forgot Twin Siblings
    Actually, twins are very easy in this game.
    edited November 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Actually, twins are very easy in this game.

To me though there not really recognize in the game I mean only in CAS but gameplay I would like to see twin telepathy or twin switch other twin activities and they are more close or far especially if angry at each other apart in relationship then any other family member.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
    Do you mean like in "Witch Mountain" where Tony & Tia could communicate telepathically?
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Sports please

little league, soccer clubs, team parties with little trophies...
    Ability to play friendly games with neighbors

cooking/baking together. Passing down family recipes

picnics, kite flying, playing tag

Also special interactions and sentiments for twins would be cool
  • LillCC7LillCC7 Posts: 13 New Member
    I miss the "retired" showing up for the retired elder, instead of "find a job" button. I also would love for SOME of my elder to feel more tired and slow like 5 days before death. Maybe some of them could be sick or very weak, and feel like resting in a chair og bed. Walk slowly, and will walk better if they had a cane. Also feel emotional getting a grandchild. However if they are family oriented or not, they should feel more being around grandchildren. Another thing, parents should feel emotion when their child is moving out. Either happy or sad.
  • LillCC7LillCC7 Posts: 13 New Member
    I love the idea of new aspirations just for teens and new traits only for elder. A new trait could be "the best grandmother/father", "annoying mother-in-law" or"still young" (the elder sim is acting young.)
    Also, then choosing conversations, there should be something called "family", with multiple things you can say or do only to your family. Including "step-parent, step-children, half-sibling. It can be a red or green colour next to it to show if it's a friendly or mean thing to do. I want this "family" section to be separated from "friendly, funny, mean..." And yes, almost forgot. Let parents play with their children more without objects. Like hide and seek ect. I want my sims to gain a strong relationship with their children with play, like you can play with your toddlers.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I miss playing games of tag and proper catch from the Sims 3. Something so wonderful about watching sim parents chuck the ol' pigskin back and forth with their kids. You can kind of interact with soccer balls, but instead of just kicking it back and forth it's a weird juggling competition, which is fine, but...not the same. And the lack of non-object games like tag or hide-and-seek is kind of lame.

I also want a serious adoption overhaul. As someone who hails from a foster/adoptive family, I take particular issue with the Sims 4's Ebay-esque method of acquiring children. It'd be nice if there was at least some checklist requirements that prospective parents had to meet--one or both parents have to have a steady job, they have to have a house, there have to be enough beds to accomodate the new child, etc. And if a social worker would at least pop by for inspection beforehead, NAP officer style, and maybe the sim parents in question have to befriend him/her. And maybe Sims in certain careers (*cough* criminal *cough*) can't adopt, but could Attempt to Bribe?

Okay, maybe that's too much, but something a little more immersive and way less creepy than buying a kid online. I always feel like part of a black market deal and keep checking over my shoulder for the FBI to crash in.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Leaselmary wrote: »
    I
    That's not very inclusive.
    Perhaps it would be better to have a 'school dance' event, which we can name whatever we like, and have a variety of dance styles to select from.

The imaginary friend was awesome, and i wish it was available from toddler, through to elder, after all, some adults have imaginary friends.

I would like the game to "punish" a player a bit for not developing kids skills and not pursuing their deams.
    That's rather cruel of you. Should you be punished for your typo too?
    Flexibility is needed in the game, such things should be toggleable, not forced on all players, as it would not fit will all play styles.

Not everyone plays with the same aging, so how would that be fair?

How would this differ from a 'tight' trait? Wouldn't being looser mean they have more variables, making their life easier?

Their phones should be usable for that.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif