Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Says 2021 will be another big year for The Sims 4

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    For some people The Sims 4 began in 2017 ... when the toddlers Vampires were added :p

Fixed it for you. :)
    #Team Occult
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2020
    It probably will be a big year, but I do wonder how much content there will be in the packs that they will release.

If EA expects Maxis to deliver the same amount of packs like they have released in previous years and Maxis had trouble making them while working from home, then Maxis has to scale it down somewhere, which will probably be the amount of content or the amount of development that Maxis will put into those packs that they are working on for 2021.
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    For some people The Sims 4 began in 2017 ... when the toddlers Vampires were added :p

Yeeeeees, I began to fully enjoy the game once vampires were added!!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    jomilej wrote: »

I have to agree here. Vampires was the first pack that I started to really think positively about 4. Prior, I was just dabbling around 3 and then when I switched to my laptop full time and couldn't play 3... I took a bit of a hiatus. It took a while to get to the point where I could sink hours at a time into the Sims again, but I am here now.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't think we'd get this skintones update if we were getting a new game any time soon. That's a pretty big graphical update.

The skintones update is basically to make up for not having a skin colour wheel.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2020
    Calico45 wrote: »

I have to agree here. Vampires was the first pack that I started to really think positively about 4. Prior, I was just dabbling around 3 and then when I switched to my laptop full time and couldn't play 3... I took a bit of a hiatus. It took a while to get to the point where I could sink hours at a time into the Sims again, but I am here now.

Oh I actually said that because I onmy play with occults and before vampires we were kinda limited (like aliens were not THAT good)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member

mood. I hardly played before vampires and seasons cause everything was too bright and i was hissing at the sunny barbie world
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

mood. I hardly played before vampires and seasons cause everything was too bright and i was hissing at the sunny barbie world

Same, for me The Sims 4 is released on 2017 when they added vampire into the game.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Must be a Sims movie if Sparkd (flop) is what made this year “big” 😖😖
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    We are getting a Skintone update in December 8th. But, it's still not going to make up for no Color Wheel.
    For anyone that's played Sims 3, you'll know what I'm talking about.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

Oh I actually said that because I onmy play with occults and before vampires we were kinda limited (like aliens were not THAT good)

I do not only play with occults, but I have a strong preference to play with them.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I hope that EA will finally improve the worlds and buy mode items. Sorry but some swatches are usless, some counters still do not have matching cabinets, some objescts do not have „mirror variant” as sofa from Snowy Escape. Wall paintings also have no decors matching to the floor.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    WARE WOLVES!! would be nice (screaming at EA make sure they hear me haven't yet)
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I hope they make the game easier to play on console with a controller.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Loucifer wrote: »
    WARE WOLVES!! would be nice (screaming at EA make sure they hear me haven't yet)
    Screaming at EA will not get their attention. But being polite and respectful will.
  • Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Screaming at EA will not get their attention. But being polite and respectful will.
    I hate to be cynical but at this point, I don’t think either will. We’re at the whim and mercy of whatever the investors want. EA is all about the money. *sighs*
    edited November 2020
    Barbie430 wrote: »
    I hate to be cynical but at this point, I don’t think either will. We’re at the whim and mercy of whatever the investors want. EA is all about the money. *sighs*
    No we are not at the mercy of the investors, that's true. And yes, EA is in it for the profit. Making and selling and making a profit go hand in hand. There never is one with out the other in the video game industry. But that's not the point. The point is, if you want to get their attention you have to be polite and respectful.
    Example: I had posted about Sims 4 crashing on the PS4 right after having gotten SE. And I didn't scream or be rude in anyway in my post. And with in a day or two EA_Blueberry chimed in stating that the team had placed a hotfix priority on the issue.
  • Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    No we are not at the mercy of the investors, that's true. And yes, EA is in it for the profit. Making and selling and making a profit go hand in hand. There never is one with out the other in the video game industry. But that's not the point. The point is, if you want to get their attention you have to be polite and respectful.
    Example: I had posted about Sims 4 crashing on the PS4 right after having gotten SE. And I didn't scream or be rude in anyway in my post. And with in a day or two EA_Blueberry chimed in stating that the team had placed a hotfix priority on the issue.
    I wasn’t talking about bug fixes, I was talking about content. Bug fixing is an entirely separate team/setup. Also, yes I know that money is the main goal. I was referring to how EA is notorious in the gaming industry for not listening to customer feedback and only focusing on how much money they can get out of every franchise they have, often without concern for quality or customer satisfaction. FIFA is a very good example of this.

I don’t think Loucifer was trying to be rude or disrespectful, they were just saying what kind of content they want to see (the capitalization was for effect, they do not feel like EA is listening to what they want as a customer). They are more than welcome to disagree with my interpretation.

My point was that regardless of how you tell others to write their feedback, it doesn’t really effect EA at all, at least on a small scale. Note that I said EA and not the devs because EA has the final say. This is not me saying that people should be rude or disrespectful, I’m just saying that (imo) admonishing others to be more “polite and respectful” in your opinion is not going to guarantee EA’s attention or guarantee that they’re going to put werewolves in the game. If it did guarantee a response and action, I think a lot of simmers would be very satisfied, myself included.
  • SoyokoAnisSoyokoAnis Posts: 19 Member
    One of my requests is for EA to create a Mod and CC maker like they did with The Sims 2 because some beginner CC creators aren't gonna know what to use.
    Sul Sul, I'm SoyokoAnis! Kinda new around here but know a lot about The Sims. Happy Simming!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Preteens, Vechiles, Burglars, A wedding band for the Engagement ring for the female Sims, School Game Pack. Also more Sentiment I like them lol.
    I wasn’t talking about bug fixes, I was talking about content. Bug fixing is an entirely separate team/setup. Also, yes I know that money is the main goal. I was referring to how EA is notorious in the gaming industry for not listening to customer feedback and only focusing on how much money they can get out of every franchise they have, often without concern for quality or customer satisfaction. FIFA is a very good example of this.

I don’t think Loucifer was trying to be rude or disrespectful, they were just saying what kind of content they want to see (the capitalization was for effect, they do not feel like EA is listening to what they want as a customer). They are more than welcome to disagree with my interpretation.

My point was that regardless of how you tell others to write their feedback, it doesn’t really effect EA at all, at least on a small scale. Note that I said EA and not the devs because EA has the final say. This is not me saying that people should be rude or disrespectful, I’m just saying that (imo) admonishing others to be more “polite and respectful” in your opinion is not going to guarantee EA’s attention or guarantee that they’re going to put werewolves in the game. If it did guarantee a response and action, I think a lot of simmers would be very satisfied, myself included.
    But in the web world all caps is like screaming. This is why people are asked not to use all caps. Now Loucifer might not intended to scream. But they were screaming when they put werewolves in all caps. Now I agree with Loucifer in the fact that werewolves should be brought back into the game. But they could have asked for werewolves to be brought back in a much calmer fashion. And yes EA does respawned, as I had stated in my previous post on here.
  • saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    most likely we will get 2 GP in 2021, hope we will get Cars, Garage and Road Trip destination world this time.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2020
    saphnael wrote: »
    most likely we will get 2 GP in 2021, hope we will get Cars, Garage and Road Trip destination world this time.

Cars should be a free base game update for everyone, not behind a paywall though..
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I feel like with the uproar everyone had after the fake farming leak, surely farming/horses are in the works. Sentiments and lifestyles also seem like a step in the right direction to make sims more well-rounded and lively. The ghost hunter/reaper pack ideas were also voted on I think 2nd after nifty nitting so I think that could be a pack too.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    saphnael wrote: »

Cars should be a free base game update for everyone, not behind a paywall though..

a lot of the current paywalled DLC stuff should have been in the base game or a free small patch but this is EA we are talking about -.- ofcourse they will try to sell you a normal full game for over a 1000 dollars which is EA's scummy sceme for the Sims series: excessive DLC and boy are they milking TS 4.. just all out lackluster little patches for full price