Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did pop-up party invites go away?

Seems like my Sim was always getting invited to those pop-up parties at the Chateau, the Ruins of the Bluffs. I just noticed, I haven't had one invite all this week. Did it go away? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    They nerfed them but still left all the annoying job offer texts. I miss my sims being invited out places.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I liked getting invitations, but I did not like that I had to go there immediately. It would be more fun if the invitation came say 5 hrs early. It would also make more sense in case of traveling quite long distances ;) Going from Oasis Springs to Windenburg never felt like impulsively joining someone at the local pub...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't understand why it's get the invites at 3:00 am or not at all. A happy medium would be nice.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    How come the Outdoor Parties in Windenburg doesn't work anymore?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    You still get invited to parties if you are a club member.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My vampires still get invitations to nightclubs in the mid-afternoon, but I haven't noticed the parties in a while and almost never get those calls in my other households.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I miss the festival invites also.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I miss the festival invites also.

I still get those from time to time. I hardly ever get the party invites though. My Sims in clubs do get invited to outings still at least.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I wish they had kept the invites but got rid of the 'Hey it's your mum, I heard you became friends with your still in the crib sister. Clearly you are a good person to know!' ones. They serve no purpose unlike the invite ones, which some times reminded me that my sim hadn't left the house in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    Anyone who misses them I just downloaded Slice of life (deleted almost everything I didn't want because you can do that with this mod)
    And I'm getting invites galore and text messages from friends. I love it!! I was badly missing the invites. Friends and family visit often too. <3 😁

But I hate how they nerf things i actually paid for in this game 😑
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I am getting a lot of invites to clubs lately but I have to cancel them all because there's no way to find out what the club is about beforehand.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    They tuned them down according to these patch notes Update 06/03/2020
    PC: 1.63.133.1020 / Mac: 1.63.133.1220
    Console: Version 1.25:

"BALANCING PASS OF PHONE CALL INVITATIONS
    After five years of Expansion Packs, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs our phone call invites were admittedly starting to get a little spammy. Moments after moving in, you’ve got Lucas Munch hitting you up, asking you to go to the Bluffs with him. Then not long after, you might have had Vivian Lewis asking you to join her at The Spice Festival. Jeez, let me get settled in first, why don’t ya? We’ve done a tuning pass to rebalance all of these previously competing Phone invites to give you a more meaningful and holistic experience."

From here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976566/june-3rd-2020-patch-notes#latest

I miss the party invites to the places in Windenburg though. I got it once in a new save, but haven't since. It seems a bit of a waste having three outdoors world areas that never is happening; especially since the Chalet Gardens's lot assignment cannot be changed. It just lost a big part of its meaning.

I have a party household, that hangs out with DJ's and other Party Goers, is in a party club and have no work. It seems a bit of a wasted opportunity to not have directed invites, or for the player to utilize the features differently.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I wish they had kept the invites but got rid of the 'Hey it's your mum, I heard you became friends with your still in the crib sister. Clearly you are a good person to know!' ones. They serve no purpose unlike the invite ones, which some times reminded me that my sim hadn't left the house in 2 weeks.

Yesssssss!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    They should added the old tuning back but will work depending on the Sims' traits. Like.. if a Sim is an Outgoing or an Insider, they will be receiving more of those invites... like the old tuning -level of "more." If a Sim has the Dance Machine trait, they should be invited more to Nightclub parties. If the Sim has the Active trait, they should be invited more to Gym sessions. ..and so on!
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Good riddance. At least we should have been able to toggle them on and off.
  • Options
    DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    i miss the karaoke ones they were fun
  • Options
    Hm, I don't think my sims were ever invited to a karaoke event? Perhaps their traits do come into play more than we think? I have many sims with good singing skills, also have a club for singers.
  • Options
    DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    yea was something like lets go to the karaoke bar and howl like wolves
  • Options
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »
    yea was something like lets go to the karaoke bar and howl like wolves

Perhaps my sims were too talented for such performances, LOL.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    The sudden lack of invitations to raves really stinks...way too much like the reality we're all so tired of. Windenberg is a party town, and with the parties at the Ancient Ruins and bluffs and Chalet no longer happening, it's just so empty. Being invited was what made it Get Together.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I miss these so much! Even tho everytime i was invited to the bluffs it was a rain storm and the DJ booth was shut. Oh well, such is life and I miss those parts of the game!
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Yes, I don't get them anymore. Shame, I liked them. It brought more variety. Does anyone know if there is a mod to return that?
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    As @Nushnushganay said - I miss the Get Together ones in Windenberg and um - it is called Get Together! It really irritates me that they keep changing or taking away gameplay I paid for. If they were going to take some away - they could have taken the ones where they say I heard you are friends with so and so and others that serve no gameplay purpose - instead - they take a major gameplay feature of a pack away.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I miss dates, party invites, windenburg outings, club invites, blind dates, city living rabbithole invites and fedtival invites.why do we lose all the good features we PAID for because some people complain. Put an on off toggle instead.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I also kinda miss them because a big part of one of my household's story was that as a teen, she got invited to a party, saw Candy Behr and immedately crushed hard on her. It lead to her eventually marrying Candy when she was old enough!

And also I did like popping by the San Myshuno festivals. Now I have to actively bring myself to do and maaaaaaan.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!