Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR will be reviewing Snowy Escape (Out Now)

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Agreed with him mostly. This pack should be called “ Reskin, no escape” pack.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Just a skim through review for me. He just seems to play with basic game and the pack itself. I'm dealing with it being affected by Eco Lifestyle. The two lower areas are Neutral areas and have to be voted on as well. You can add the Spa elements of massage, Yoga too. They all add elements which can be used to enhance the pack.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Just a skim through review for me. He just seems to play with basic game and the pack itself. I'm dealing with it being affected by Eco Lifestyle. The two lower areas are Neutral areas and have to be voted on as well. You can add the Spa elements of massage, Yoga too. They all add elements which can be used to enhance the pack.

Not sure how that changes the pack. You're saying that you can use other packs (spending more money) to enhance Snowy Escape. Shouldn't Snowy Escape be enough on its own not to need anymore packs?

It is yes but why not use other pack like the ice skating rink,restaurants and spas?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    "GP content at EP price."

Agreed. I'm skipping.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member

Not sure how that changes the pack. You're saying that you can use other packs (spending more money) to enhance Snowy Escape. Shouldn't Snowy Escape be enough on its own not to need anymore packs?

I would love it if they gave additional features for players that have more packs installed. On their own, packs are nice, but some could definitely benefit from more integration, like being able to use the kotatsu table from Snowy Escape in a restaurant, or having a skating rink at the snow festival for those who have seasons installed. You don't need to buy more packs, but you get more options if you have them.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020

It is yes but why not use other pack like the ice skating rink,restaurants and spas?

Its a review of Snowy Escape, not the whole game. The whole point is that he's reviewing the pack and the pack only, his review of Spa Day and Dine Out are separate videos
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

Yeah I agree. I think when you review a product you should review the product alone and not in combination with other products. I mean it's good to mention that a pack might be well compatible with other packs but it shouldn't be a make or break point.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I thought his review was fair. A lot of the points I agreed on.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited November 2020
    Really enjoyed his review. Tired of seeing all these GC exaggerating reaction on their thumbnails. They will never get my views. But LGR always will as he’s honest about his reviews & has been dedicated in the sims series for the longest.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    Really enjoyed his review. Tired of seeing all these GC exaggerating reaction on their thumbnails. They will never get my views. But LGR always will as he’s honest about his reviews & has been dedicated in the sims series for the longest.

Yeah, I really appreciate reviews without any excited shrieking or “oh my god you guys!!” it’s just so tiring. It helps that he doesn’t have a little webcam thing or whatever in the corner because I find those extremely distracting.

I also like the sim that he had in the mascot outfit because he didn’t acknowledge it, the sim was just there.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Yeah, the review didn't surprise me - it's basically identical to the one he did for Island Living.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    You know flipping through and reading the comments....

I was wondering whatever happened to Rachybob? Now I do. Thanks for the update.

As far as LGR... I'm old and pretty much on the same level of thinking so it's just fun to watch Duke Nukem in the Sims. I mean its Duke Nukem... lol
    WbUrFQm.png
    edited November 2020

Yes totally. I am all for professional, neutral attitude too. Too much of the exaggerating and I'm out. Like give us the facts Linda! I don't wanna hear you scream over a new couch for 5 minutes.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited November 2020

Yes totally. I am all for professional, neutral attitude too. Too much of the exaggerating and I'm out. Like give us the facts Linda! I don't wanna hear you scream over a new couch for 5 minutes.

LOL IKR!!! It sounds so fake too.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I love LGR reviews for his low tone and his honest opinion. I watched his newest one and was glad I uninstalled Sims 4,because I have a gamer's addiction for seeing no greyed spots in my start screen of Sims 4 (you know missing packs). This addiction goes into other games as well, like playing RDR 2 Horses, had to have all the OP horses and guns. Uninstalling Sims 4 taught me to appreciate fun things like some lower tier horses and guns in RDR 2... Thank you Sims 4 for helping me kick a gamer's addiction (gotta have even when not fun addiction).

I play Sims 3, and forgot how indepth the game play is, even with the bugs and glitches. Imagine the shock of my Sim in 3 doing things that related to their traits on their own, sitting down to eat and watch television... etc.

People knock 3, but if you dwell into 4 you have bugs and glitches galore. Your Sims all look the same (If you do not really work on those sliders), act the same, use the same animations, and the list goes on. Sure Sims 4 is prettier per say, but it lacks so much in game play, depth, and being unique. It is a phone app wanting to be a PC game.

LGR review just showed me I did a good thing. He did not make my mind up, he just added confirmation on my decision not to fall into the trap of less for your money and fun... addiction.

That's how the game is developing for me. The packs now add enhancements from it for the other worlds too for those who want them and you get basic stuff if you have the basic game. Buy the pack then get a few more packs on sale is the way it seems to be going now.

I can't see any other way that they can join the packs together as a whole otherwise and doing that must take an enormous amount of work when there have been so many packs before. That is where the money must go, unfortunately for those who just want a huge single expansion with all bells and whistles included.

I'd rather see videos of Simmers who have all the packs, not just a few or basic and one expansion, showing the extra things you can do in the game in worlds like Willow Creek and Newcrest etc.
    edited November 2020

I'd rather see videos of Simmers who have all the packs, not just a few or basic and one expansion, showing the extra things you can do in the game in worlds like Willow Creek and Newcrest etc.

@Simburian But that's not necessarily a review of the specific pack now, is it?

@Simburian But that's not necessarily a review of the specific pack now, is it?

It's still not a full review of what the pack does or can do and its' place in the Sims 4 and is a gift to those who want Sims 4 to end.

To me it is just like reviewing one piece of a jigsaw puzzle and not much use at all except for showing the buildings and objects with a little of the action.

Just my opinion though!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don’t get the hype on this forum with LGR and why some people wait for his reviews on packs. He is a good reviewer and youtuber but I don’t understand people putting hope into one reviewer. I do watch his reviews and they are ok but I don’t always agree with him but I’m the same with other reviewers. His review of this pack I felt was a little harsh. Sometimes I find him a little too negative and find he never finds much positive in the packs.
    netney52 wrote: »
    I don’t get the hype on this forum with LGR and why some people wait for his reviews on packs. He is a good reviewer and youtuber but I don’t understand people putting hope into one reviewer. I do watch his reviews and they are ok but I don’t always agree with him but I’m the same with other reviewers. His review of this pack I felt was a little harsh. Sometimes I find him a little too negative and find he never finds much positive in the packs.

@netney52 I mean he does back up his points with valid arguements though, he isn't negative just to be negative. Also people tend to like people like LGR and Carl because they are both honest and have no filter so what they say is exactly what they think.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited November 2020
    This is the only review I’ve watched so far. It was ok. Not as fun this time.
    I haven’t played with the pack long enough to agree with him that this is not EP worthy. For me Jungle Adventures is “EP worthy” and stuff like Get Famous is something I rarely touch.

I’m also not entirely sure why folks keep insisting that the gondola ride should have been an active ride. A lot of resources would need to be spend on a feature like that. I’d love it myself, don’t get me wrong. FP view and all that. Although the camera will go all over the place trying to follow sims move through the air.
    What happens with stuff like this, is that most people will just end up pressing the full speed ahead button because they’ve lost patience following their sim go up to the top every single time.
    It’s not that it’s safe to woohoo on the gondola ride. (It’s a public ride...everyone can kind of see you from down below? ) Having a sim fall out of the thing is not an option either. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Most players will probably admire the animation once and then never look at it again. Dumb? No, Bored is more like it. If riding the gondola was a thing, LGR would probably say that it was too monotonous and didn’t add anything to the actually gameplay.

Give me cars instead and make it worthwhile.

He also didn’t mention mountain climbing, because it’s generally assumed that it’s just a recycled interaction that came with the climbing wall in the fitness stuff pack. Not entirely. I’d say about 10% is reused and tweaked. The rest is unique to the rock walls. If folks can’t appreciate the additional rock climbing motions I doubt they’re going to appreciate a long and boring gondola ride.
    I do agree with him on the food part. It makes me fierce hungry.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020
    netney52 wrote: »

@netney52 I mean he does back up his points with valid arguements though, he isn't negative just to be negative. Also people tend to like people like LGR and Carl because they are both honest and have no filter so what they say is exactly what they think.

While he is indeed honest and I love watching his reviews, people on this forum (and perhaps life in general) really have to stop equating someone agreeing with their personal point of view with being honest. Just because other reviewers like or dislike something you don't, it doesn't mean they're lying. It's perfectly possible for people to honestly like something you don't, that doesn't automatically make them dishonest.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2020
    To those that ask why he didn’t review that Disney ad, I saw at least 3 Sims GCs and/or non-GC streamers note that Journey to Baboon-related packs were their lowest streams and some even said it messed with their overall viewership stats. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️
    This is the only review I’ve watched so far. It was ok. Not as fun this time.
    I haven’t played with the pack long enough to agree with him that this is not EP worthy. For me Jungle Adventures is “EP worthy” and stuff like Get Famous is something I rarely touch.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 You much have different standards then for how bulky a 40€ game should be
    I’m also not entirely sure why folks keep insisting that the gondola ride should have been an active ride. A lot of resources would need to be spend on a feature like that. I’d love it myself, don’t get me wrong. FP view and all that. Although the camera will go all over the place trying to follow sims move through the air.
    What happens with stuff like this, is that most people will just end up pressing the full speed ahead button because they’ve lost patience following their sim go up to the top every single time.
    It’s not that it’s safe to woohoo on the gondola ride. (It’s a public ride...everyone can kind of see you from down below? ) Having a sim fall out of the thing is not an option either. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Most players will probably admire the animation once and then never look at it again. Dumb? No, Bored is more like it. If riding the gondola was a thing, LGR would probably say that it was too monotonous and didn’t add anything to the actually gameplay.

Actually for the gondola ride they wouldn't even have to animate anything. They could (even though that isn't so immersive either) just do it as a rabbithole with the plumbob on top and the camera following the sims. The camera thing is absolutely nothing difficult or new, it already exists in the game, being in the air changes almost nothing from a coding point of view. In my opinion, leaving out easy to do details like that break the immersion 100% even if you end up fast forwarding the interaction, it's about immersion, you should never think too rationally about the sims because logic isn't what this game is based on.

He also didn’t mention mountain climbing, because it’s generally assumed that it’s just a recycled interaction that came with the climbing wall in the fitness stuff pack. Not entirely. I’d say about 10% is reused and tweaked. The rest is unique to the rock walls. If folks can’t appreciate the additional rock climbing motions I doubt they’re going to appreciate a long and boring gondola ride.

I would argue even more of it is reused but that's just how I see it. I think people assume it is reused, since so many things in this pack are reused. Someone made a list of the packs and honestly they were features from more than 6 packs reused, from tents, to woohoo animations, to rock climbing, snow etc. can't remember everything. It really feels like EA is following the same plan they do with FIFA by re-releasing the same stuff with a different name and hope people won't notice. Maybe one day they will forget to change the name and re-release the same game like they did with FIFA 2020 lol.