The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming expansion pack Ideas

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Raise farm animals
you can raise, breed and care for various types of livestock. Buy a barn or coop in buy mode and purchase livestock.
These farm animals create produce (like milk) that can be stored in your inventory and used in food or simply sold.
Cows
Chickens
Sheep
Pigs

Butter churn
Use cow milk or cowplant milk to make various dairy products using the dairy churn! From butter to yoghurt to cheese!
M28wDER.png

Canning
Craft jam/marmelade, pickles and other canned delicacies like canned eggs! Use various resources from your farm to craft them, like fruits, vegetables and eggs.
Thumbnail_300x300.png

Perfume distillery
Use flowers, herbs and fruits grown on your farm to craft various bottles of perfume. Perfume can be sprayed on yourself or other Sims and give certain buffs to them, like making them irresitable for romance interactions.
Fragonard_small_perfume_distillery.JPG

Treehouses
Bring back interactable treehouses from Sims 3! An object for the whole family! Children can play in it and have sleepovers. For adult and teen Sims, treehouses are a new WooHoo spot!
b9418e029104d87d281889e109419689d82a8bfa_large.jpg

Haystacks
A new WooHoo spot from Sims 3 Pets! You can WooHoo in piles of hay and afterwards your Sims leave a trail of hay when walking around, like the scarecrow from Sims 4 Seasons does. Horses can eat from them.
https://youtu.be/nCogCaG7EF0

Tractor
Ride around the countryside on a tractor! You could also fix up the old broken tractor in your uncles‘ barn if you have high enough Handiness skill. Children can take a hayride around town.
Thumbnail_300x300.png

Horses
maxresdefault.jpg
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• mcmonstermoomcmonstermoo Posts: 8 New Member
    this is so detailed :D i reallyyy hope we get horses, and maybe have some sort of horse competition thing, kind of like the talent showcase from get famous. (at least i think it's from get famous dont quote me lol)
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I want retail system like get to work. You can hire farm hands to help harvest, water and fertilize your crops. You could also hire a deliver service for sims to order your crops. I love playing bakeries using get to work and I would love to order fruits and vegs from farms. Added bonus, when your sims order items from other sims it makes the world feel more connected. We should also have your sims sell their crops at a farmers market. You can harvest the stuff you want to sell and go yourself or you can just go via rabbit hole and for the time your sims is there they should come back with money they made. Side note, this should be available for retail stores too. I don't always want to go with my sims to make money at the store.

Nectar making should have two options. Good ol' stomping method(make sure you wash your feet first) or a decent sized berry squeezing nectar machine.

A new wood working table so you can make creates and barrels to put your vegs, fruits and nectar in.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    How do you Farm with a broken garden ?. EA doesn't have any plans on fixing the garden so Farming is dead.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    How do you Farm with a broken garden ?. EA doesn't have any plans on fixing the garden so Farming is dead.

I have no idea what you mean. My gardening works just fine.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Okay you guys might have sold me on this idea. Im one of those people not thrilled at the idea of a farming pack but I see the appeal now.

Raising farm animals is not so appealing to me but it sounds okay. Maybe pairing it with a town fair where you have animals compete over best bredding could be cool.

Petting zoos, or family farming vacations. Visit the farm, pet and feed the animals, then leave. But still having the option to run a farm if thats what you are in to.

Hay rides, barrel trains, corn mazes

Expanding fruit picking to make it a family event like going to an apple orchard to pick apples. Expanded recipes using harvestables.

I love the idea of making butters, jellies, etc.

Can we add beer? Like making craft brews.

Horseback riding!!!!! I love this idea.

Having a town square with various weekly pop ups such as pop up fruit stands, crafting classes, community events, and a weekly farmers market.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    Oh, yes, add beer and winemaking, with proper moodlets - I want my sims to get drunk! And I want to build a distillery, and a barn for the same practice, and the wine making mechanic from TS3 was so good, with delicous moods and great points to be made following the wish to produce the drink. Fizzy hipster bubbles do not compare! (I am joking, it's a nice addition).

The canning object from the Store could be expanded upon; to make it worth while the labour and use of ingredients there should be some unique loot from it, like maybe being a preferred food intake for sims with a farmer lifestyle.

Traits like loves outdoors would suit the world, and the outdoorsy lifestyle.

Teens should definitely be allowed to woohoo in a haystack - call it a bug and never fix it!

I think the animals should be limited to the lot they are actively placed on by the player; no more TS3 horse horror, world completely overrun.

Such a great thread!
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Eco Life will wipe out your Farm with Acid rain.
    Yes! Crosspack feature, both Green and Industrial values on the BB objects for the world. Seven bad years..
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Oh, yes, add beer and winemaking, with proper moodlets - I want my sims to get drunk! And I want to build a distillery, and a barn for the same practice, and the wine making mechanic from TS3 was so good, with delicous moods and great points to be made following the wish to produce the drink. Fizzy hipster bubbles do not compare! (I am joking, it's a nice addition).

The canning object from the Store could be expanded upon; to make it worth while the labour and use of ingredients there should be some unique loot from it, like maybe being a preferred food intake for sims with a farmer lifestyle.

Traits like loves outdoors would suit the world, and the outdoorsy lifestyle.

Teens should definitely be allowed to woohoo in a haystack - call it a bug and never fix it!

I think the animals should be limited to the lot they are actively placed on by the player; no more TS3 horse horror, world completely overrun.

Such a great thread!

Well, they aren’t going to make teen woohoo, but maybe they could fool around in the haystack.
    Uh, joy killer! No, of course they are not. It would fit the theme though; have they never been to the country side?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Excellent ideas, however, I will make a few suggestions.

#1. Horses should come in their own pack to be fully fleshed out, not shoved into another pack where they will have fewer features.
    #2. I'm not sure how perfume fits into farming so I'd rather replace that with something like making moonshine.
    #3. I'd also like to add goats, geese and rabbits to the farm animal list.
    Yes, moonshine was what I was after! I am building a speak-easy, in industrial Port Promise, in the old station; and need something more than my imagination for it. I plan to use the Fizzy maker until we get the real stuff.
    Yes, moonshine was what I was after! I am building a speak-easy, in industrial Port Promise, in the old station; and need something more than my imagination for it. I plan to use the Fizzy maker until we get the real stuff.

That fizzy thing, which I hope is not supposed to replace any future wine making equipment, is not what I want for moonshine either. I want it to be stuff that your sim has to collect and build. Then, if found by Johnny Law, your sim could be arrested. I also want it to have the proper affect on my sims from drinking too much shine. Dizziness and maybe passing out or even gettin' necked and running around like a crazy person.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited November 2020
    If this is a Game Pack
    World: Tuscany, Italy
    One 64x64 (or Bigger if possible) Hilltop Lot
    Two 50x50 & Two 40x40 Lots Surrounding the 64x64 Lot

Life States: Pigs, Cows, Chickens Horses

New Profitable Hobbies
    Wine & Beer Crafting, from building your own Vineyard and/or Orchard, to mass harvesting, Grapes and Grain, experiment with other fruits to make great nectar. Name, your craft, Chose the bottle, Store it in Barrels, in your Cellar! or sell it to/serve it in your restaurants

Objects:
    Grape/Wine Press - requires at least 40 Grapes to Make 1 Bottle
    Distillery
    Storage Barrels/Kegs

New Seeds:

Wheat (I just want to grow and design a wheat/corn maze!)
    Corn
    Cocoa
    Sugar
    Pumpkin

New Holiday Traditions/Interactions/Challenges
    Challenge Sim to a (Pie) Eating Contest
    Challenge Sim to a Chugging Contest
    Wine Tasting
    Baking Contests

And Who do I need to talk to about New Spells for SpellCasters to be able to create a Spell to Turn other sims In to Animals. Cats, Dogs, Rodents, Pigs, Cows. I have a Mystery chapter in my story where my Youngest sim turns his whole family into Farm Animals, so he can inherit the Chateau, and the Farm.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    Oh, I laughed at the idea of getting arrested; I'm definitely using that narrative.

I want the wheat field as well, I think it would look very beautiful.
  • catcatcatcat Posts: 2 New Member
    I adore this idea, having farm and making it your job so you can sell produce and animals etc would be so much fun. the option of a petting farm or a working farm sounds fab! Could even study farming at uni.

Im getting really bored of the same old stuff.. feels like recently its all lacked a bit of depth. Sims needs something like this that's completely fresh and new!
    catcat wrote: »
    I adore this idea, having farm and making it your job so you can sell produce and animals etc would be so much fun. the option of a petting farm or a working farm sounds fab! Could even study farming at uni.

Im getting really bored of the same old stuff.. feels like recently its all lacked a bit of depth. Sims needs something like this that's completely fresh and new!

The Sims 4 has never had any depth from the very start. That's why they're trying out adding Sentiments and Lifestyles. There's plenty of things to do, but none of it means anything to our sims or makes any real difference in their lives when it's all said and done. This isn't a Life Simulation game, it's a cartoon puppet show. Go here, do that, react this way, feel this for two minutes then go back to neutral. We're just pulling strings on lifeless characters.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    catcat wrote: »

The Sims 4 has never had any depth from the very start. That's why they're trying out adding Sentiments and Lifestyles. There's plenty of things to do, but none of it means anything to our sims or makes any real difference in their lives when it's all said and done. This isn't a Life Simulation game, it's a cartoon puppet show. Go here, do that, react this way, feel this for two minutes then go back to neutral. We're just pulling strings on lifeless characters.

Loved that analogy! But it is soooo true for this itereation!

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I was on Reddit and someone had posted about the desire for a Farm Expansion pack, someone commented about a mod that was made for TS2 so I looked it up

Holy wow! This mod would be almost perfect for what I'm wanting in TS4 (besides the ability to ride and train horses).

Finally have realistic animals for your farm, pond or household! These animals provide food, money and fellowship for your entire family, all from the comforts of your own home!

They move around the lot much like in our original TS1 Mabel the Chicken version, but these TS2 versions have many more features that we're sure you'll really enjoy!

To start, just buy some animals and food.
    • If you take care of your animals, they will prosper and increase in value, but if you don't they will go hungry and die.
    • Care is easy - just keep some food on the lot and they will self-feed. If you forget, you will be alerted when their food supply runs low.
    • For Fun points, you can hand-feed the animals
    • For Social points you can socialize with them
    • For Hunger points, you can eat them (animals or eggs)
    • For Simoleans, you can sell them. Animals increase in value with each passing day. Plus other interactions are available as well.
    • Impregnated animals will lay fresh eggs which you can either cook & eat, or leave alone to hatch into a baby! (animals that don't lay eggs will just give birth).
    • Baby animals, if well fed, will soon grow into healthy adults. Like all life, individual animals can't live forever but they will provide your Sims with sustenance, wealth and fellowship for generations to come.

In addition, a large amount of statistical information is available right at your fingertips to help better manage your farm, stable, etc.

Stats such as:
    • Knowing exactly how hungry or pregnant all of your animals are
    • How depleted their food is
    • How soon your baby animals will grow up
    • What their NAMES are (yes, they each have names!) Plus much much more -- all stats are viewable with just one click

Animals Available to Download
    • Chickens: Includes chickens, roosters, eggs, chicks, chicken feed, & more!
    • Pigs: Includes pigs, piglets, slop, & more!
    • Cattle: Includes cows, bulls, calves, grazing grass, cow's milk, & more!
    • Dogs: Includes 15 different breeds of dogs & puppies, 5 different collars, dog food, & more!
    • Cats: Includes 15 different breeds of cats & kittens, cat food, & more!
    • Horses: Includes 6 different breeds of horses & ponies (foals), hay, & more!
    • Ducks: Includes ducks, ducklings, eggs, duck food, & more!
    • Swans: Includes swans, cygnets, eggs, swan food, & more!
    • Crocodiles: Includes crocs, eggs, & food... and you better feed your crocs well or they might seek out alternative sources of protein on your lot... including your Sims!

I'm so tempted to download this and fire up TS2 to get my farming needs met!

For anybody who concurrently plays TS2 along with TS4 and are interested in this mod, you can find it here:
    http://www.simslice.com/thesims2/ts2objects-pg7.htm
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    They would have to first fix the Gardening glitch, Cats/Dogs not to be added as a household sim. Otherwise, the farming will have no proper garden & the farm animals will take up the slot of sims in the household.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    They would have to first fix the Gardening glitch, Cats/Dogs not to be added as a household sim. Otherwise, the farming will have no proper garden & the farm animals will take up the slot of sims in the household.

I'd imagine it would work Like a Retail/Restaurant/Vet Clinic with some modifications where Sims can purchase Lots and convert them into a "Farm" type venue. Then, you can Move Sims, Pets/farm animals to their respective enclosures.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif