Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unwelcome neighbours

I thought they were supposed to have fixed neighbours just walking into your house uninvited.
The whole Tinker family is practically on a daily basis invading my home. It's so annoying, I have disallow neighbours set so they are not supposed to come to the door, I assumed it would stop them coming in. It doesn't. I even declared them my enemy and they still show up.
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Tina Tinker is a stalker. Don't ever let her learn you exist.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Lol, she showed up in my game last night and made herself at home!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I have had a few days grace, since the untimely demise of her wife (in my home), Tina just doesn't want to come over.
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Lol, she showed up in my game last night and made herself at home!

I am so sorry lol
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I don't know who Tina Tinker is (someone from Get Famous?), but if any townie/NPC keeps housebreaking I just delete them.
    There was this one neighbour who walked in, despite me having disallowed everyone entrance, so I had my Sim do a rude greeting and "Ask to leave". That worked also.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    So is this a bug?
    belpita wrote: »
    I don't know who Tina Tinker is (someone from Get Famous?), but if any townie/NPC keeps housebreaking I just delete them.
    There was this one neighbour who walked in, despite me having disallowed everyone entrance, so I had my Sim do a rude greeting and "Ask to leave". That worked also.

She is from Eco Lifestyle. There are a couple of families that will just walk into your house occasionally and treat it as their own. There is never an option to ask them to leave or to send home, you just have to let them do their thing and they leave eventually. These I actually did enough rude interaction with to declare them enemies and they kept coming back.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    So is this a bug?

It was a thing with Eco Lifestyles. Though I think it was intended I thought they stopped it from happening, apparently they didn't.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    For a minute I thought you where talking about Vlad he is the stalker in my game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Just do what I did with Tom Peeping, build a small "jail" and lure them in, and then walk out and lock the door. Or in build mode, remove the door.

Let them die of starvation.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I thought they only made adjustments to specifically stop random Sims in the Sulani neighborhood from walking through your house?
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I thought they only made adjustments to specifically stop random Sims in the Sulani neighborhood from walking through your house?

oh, I misheard then. Still, they should do it for Eco Lyfestyles too cause it's so annoying that you can't stop them or ask them to leave.
    SamDenny wrote: »
    Just do what I did with Tom Peeping, build a small "jail" and lure them in, and then walk out and lock the door. Or in build mode, remove the door.

Let them die of starvation.

I thought about it but it was too much effort so I downloaded a mod that helped me solve the problem >:)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I never had this issue before this patch but now sims keep just wondering in my sims homes and it's so annoying. They aren't even sims that my sims know. I swear if I didn't have MCCC to deal with all the stupid stuff this game does I would not be able to play it.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    This seems like a good time to point out that a yard sale is not an invitation to use my shower and raid my fridge.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Sims walking in when you have a yard sale was supposed to have been fix a couple patches back but it isn't.
    Sims walking into my houses uninvited is the single most biggest killer in my game. As someone who avoids humans irl at all costs it's seriously triggering for me when this happens in game.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    My sims live in the new world from SE and random sims walk in and some shovel the snow! Don't think I had this happen before other than in Sulani or apartments.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    The front doors of a home now has a No Trespassing interaction. You can click on the Disallow Neighbors, Disallow Solicitors,
    Disallow Friends & Disallow Vampires.
    However, if your family is Vampires don't select Disallow Vampires. And if you want a house party don't Disallow Friends.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The front doors of a home now has a No Trespassing interaction. You can click on the Disallow Neighbors, Disallow Solicitors,
    Disallow Friends & Disallow Vampires.
    However, if your family is Vampires don't select Disallow Vampires. And if you want a house party don't Disallow Friends.
    It doesn't work for these families. They ignore it and stroll in. Watch tv, dance, eat my food and chat to each other...not to me lol then they leave. No option to ask them to leave or send home either.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Did you try lock except household option?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited November 2020
    This... seems to be a bug I don't have.

I mean i play in Sulani, and except when an Event (like the Welcome wagon or when neighbors are nice and bring food or a yard sale) or they have been given a key, they always knock. Even with the door unlocked they knock.
    Sims that have been given resident keys just walk in like they owned the place, but that's meant to be that way.

Also (but again I play in Sulani) if i throw a party about 5 more guests just show up uninvited and crash the party. Again, that's Sulani so that's okay.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I use this but why should I have to? The bug should be fixed. Sims should not walk in uninvited period, ESPECIALLY ones my sims have never even met. Even more infuriating, you have to greet them before you can tell them to bugger off, thus giving them a relationship bar which gives them permission to phone stalk your sim all day and night.

I shouldn't have to remember to go to a house, unlock it's door, then go to the household I'm playing that wants to visit said locked house, in order to see their friend or family at their home.

Hence they die.

The problem with that is, it's then locked for everyone and I often have forgotten that I have locked it and wonder why no one that is invited comes in.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    There are times when Tina is actually very helpful. If you have something broken on your lot, she will come in and fix it for you. But then she never leaves....
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    There are times when Tina is actually very helpful. If you have something broken on your lot, she will come in and fix it for you. But then she never leaves....

Just send her home.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek