Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please remove the loading screen tips!

ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Seriously, Im playing the game for so many years that the loading screen tips have a hint of condescension now. Its like I go to your car and post sticky notes on your steering wheel that say "to turn left, turn the steering wheel counter clock wise". I think you would find that condescending after driving for several years.

Cant you build something that I dont see the same tips again and again and again? Maybe stop displaying them on older accounts? Or make an option to disable them? Please.
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    If this did this wouldn’t the loading screens be reduced to “OK” and “I don’t want free earbuds”?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    "Daring denizens of the night may be roaming your town will you fight them or join them" Sims3: Late Night loading screen tips

They should add more of this.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I think they should replace them with jokes, lets have some fun lol.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Yes, more mocking jokes about the player base!

I agree that the tone is condescending, as with a lot of the things surrounding the game. I explain it with the seemingly preferred customer base being the younger generation, and that most adults do not know how to adress them. I am not sure children need a silly tone to understand though.
    I also think it is culture, in game production.

While I don't need any focus to be put on such a small feature of the game as the message on the loading screens, I think the notion of making it a bit more serious is a good suggestion.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I think they should just put pictures on the screens like we had in Sims 2. If you were loading a certain household, you'd see a pic of that household. They could add in pics of the scenery of the world you travel to. Or even staple Townies. Just something more to look at than a spinning plumbob on a blue screen.
    #Team Occult
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited November 2020
    idk i think its more cause its always same text and they don't really add new text per ep anymore

but at the same time i feel there isn't enough surprising useful game tips to add even if they tried cause ts4 has no surprises

so idk i don't really read those anymore

maybe they could add some fun facts about premade households or something though like xoxo

or show random objects in the game to remind people of things they have

any sort of fun prompts or jokes in general be nice tho or even just fun pics
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't know about this... I always read them. Plus it seems like such a minor detail to be bothered by. 😅😅😅😅 pictures would be nice though.
    Plus ts4 is always getting new players it may be helpful for them. My favorite is "I don't want free earbuds" because of the meaning behind it 😂😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't mind them.
  • GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    edited November 2020
    Literally every loading screen I get is either "Ok" or "I don't want free earbuds". They are not even tips anymore.
    Mareah wrote: »
    I think they should replace them with jokes, lets have some fun lol.
    They were jokes when the game first launched if I'm not mistaken, they replaced then with tips in a later patch.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I've seen mostly new ones since installing Snowy Escape. But I ignore them half the time anyway.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I liked jokes that mock the players or jokes only simmer would get.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I only read them to make sure my game didn’t freeze. If it’s still on the same one after a while I freak
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I usually look out the window or look at Twitter on my phone during load screens lol never even noticed
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    TS3 had the best loading screens where it was like a “Where’s Waldo” game to locate a certain object lol
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I think I read somewhere that the TS3 screen game used up what could be valuable resources; and that before you even entered the game. I don’t see that as a necessary addition neither for the cost in developing or for the player's computer. Especially considering how many loading screens there is, doing things, going places, in the game.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    I personally dont pay attention too the loading screens, that's when I give my eyes a little break from the screen and look at something else and make sure I blink 😂 it makes a little sound when I need too come back lol, it boring just too stare at it, theres people that are just starting the game everyday, the hints and tips are for them mostly not for us that played it long enough, I also realized that I used too get headaches and sore eyes playing the sims 3 because of lack of loading screens, I would say theres a plus side too those aswell, use the loading screens as a way too blink and look away from pixels a bit 😂
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    It doesn't bother me....I'm more concerned with load time than what's posted during loading
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Before last week's patch I only saw the OK and Earbuds ones, and it kind of annoyed me. But since the patch and Snowy Escape the tips are back and I realized I missed them, even though they are simple. However I would love some more fun/complicated lines like the ones from TS1/Makin' Magic:

Locating Misplaced Calculations
    Eliminating Would-be Chicanery
    Tabulating Spell Effectors
    Reticulating Unreticulated Splines
    Recycling Hex Decimals
    Binding Trace Enchantments
    Fabricating Imaginary Infrastructure
    Optimizing Baking Temperature
    Ensuring Transplanar Synergy
    Simulating Program Execution
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    If this did this wouldn’t the loading screens be reduced to “OK” and “I don’t want free earbuds”?

Yea, I agree it’s Condescending, and rude.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I like the ones in the Sims 3 because they have pictures. The blue background with just a plumbob is boring to look at.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It doesn't bother me....I'm more concerned with load time than what's posted during loading

Yeah, the hidden object games were fine, but I’d prefer the loading screens not to take that long.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    They don't bother me at all, and I've been playing the Sims since TS2.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I never pay any attention, I normally just minimize my screen and do something else on my PC, plus it doesn't take long to load. It's not like TS3 loading. I did used to enjoy their interactive "find the ....." game (but then I found out that it takes longer to load the game if you have that activated, so I ended up disabling that).
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Loading screen are repetitive, especially ok and earbuds ones. There should be various tips for novices and advanced.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top