Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Motive Trials!?

what do you get from this? i didnt know this was a real thing

Comments

• thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    What do you mean by "motive trials"?
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    there is a little pop up that comes up where someone will say something about a competition between sims sort of a desert island type of thing where last one standing wins and your sim goes off to do it, its like a random rabbit hole its called "the motive trials"
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I'm interested too if there's any reward, my sim participated once and failed. 😅
    motives must have to be super high i guess
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    My Sims get either negative or positive moodlet and sometimes nothing happens. I haven't had it pop up in a while.
  • LillieVanillieLillieVanillie Posts: 5 New Member
    It happened in my game today, I was so surprised when she actually disappeared. When she came back it said she lost
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Has anyone’s Sim actually won?
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Did this come with the new pack or with the patch?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    I had this happen. My sims went off screen for a good while and came back with all his motives in the far red. He nearly died. 🤣
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Outcome is skill based. With low skills your Sim has a 1:20 chance to win. Winning odds are multiplied by 5(10,50) if Sim has at least 3(5,10) level 5(7,10) skills. Now sure if multipliers are stacked, in that case a 10 level 10 Sim's chance to win would be 50:1.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Can you cancel your sim from leaving? I hate rabbit holes, I only suffer them for jobs, and for scouts snd such because of the lasting benefits, but I would hate to have them forced on me.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Can you cancel your sim from leaving? I hate rabbit holes, I only suffer them for jobs, and for scouts snd such because of the lasting benefits, but I would hate to have them forced on me.

You can just say you don't want to participate. It's a text you receive.

It definitely didn't come with the new pack or patch because I very recently got it before I updated. I had no clue what it was and thought it was a mod feature but apparently it's in the game.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

You can just say you don't want to participate. It's a text you receive.

It definitely didn't come with the new pack or patch because I very recently got it before I updated. I had no clue what it was and thought it was a mod feature but apparently it's in the game.

I suspect it's from Eco Lifestyle, like other texts and prank calls.
    do you win anything tho or are they just trying to kill our sims? wont be doing it again unless theres any point to it
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Unhappy sims. That's been my experience of it. :D
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I just got this event, and winning it grants a +3 confident moodlet for 10 hours. Not sure if it's repeatable.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    edited December 2020
    I got it with my rags to riches eco lifestyle sim. All that he got was a confident moodlet. I think you can win as long as you have pretty full needs when you get the call.
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    I’m pretty sure it’s a play on the Hunger Games. It sent my Sim once, but I had to cancel and bring him home early because it was time for me to switch houses.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • FuturemrsdeeFuturemrsdee Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim just won the moodlet trials. Skills are quite high and needs were all fairly good when I accepted the challenge. Have got a confident +3 moodlet for 10 hours but no other prize or anything.