Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery Junkie

catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
Anyone else obsessed with looking through the Gallery and downloading boo-koo amounts of stuff?

I have been lately. I have to use the online Gallery as I am at work (and bored).

There is a lot of great builds out there (some real terrible ones also(, but mostly awesome ones.
Post edited by catmando830 on

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I don't use the Gallery as much as I used to because I enjoy building and making my own sims but the Gallery is great. There are some really talented simmers.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yes! I absolutely love the builds and how easy it is to plunk them into the game. I follow a lot of fantasy/occult/creative builders so I can spice up my worlds. That's the beauty of the Gallery...it allows each player the access to customize their town lots even if they don't know how to build very well.

The Gallery is one of the best additions to The Sims. I hope they have it in the next iteration too.
    #Team Occult
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I don't use it regularly, but I do use it sometimes, mostly for households when I don't want to make a bunch.

I'm currently playing a family with a toddler and I wanted my worlds to have lots and lots of families with toddlers so I went on a Downloading spree and grabbed probably 80 different families with toddlers to fill up all of my worlds (I have never ever played with toddlers even tho I've had the pack since it came out, because I've always been a CC creator first and foremost, and not a player, but I've recently gotten into actually "playing").

I do use it on occasion to look for lots, but I find it very hard to find exactly what I"m looking for, I feel like there needs to be more filters and I prefer to see pics of the inside of the house/lot to determine if it's right for me.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I have been doing the same thing but with No CC Art. I have downloaded probably 30 rooms full of art...no idea where to use them yet lol
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I haven’t been on the gallery in a minute so no.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I don't have much room for more, I'm still playing my original "day 1" save.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I use the gallery when I need new homes or I’m looking for a community lot since I don’t build myself. Lately though it doesn’t work most of the time when I go on there. It loads super slow and doesn’t show a lot of the pictures.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I've only used gallery twice, and that was to place homes that are already in the game to different lots (like putting Crick Cabana in Windenburg). I would never use it for Sims--creating my own is one of the things I love about the game the most
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I tried not to open up gallery as best as I could because if I do I spent too much time downloading lot and household but never actually utiliez the item I just downloaded.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I love the gallery - I mostly use it for lots and I am always finding great ones. But lately I haven’t been able to find exactly what I want in a playable layout. I like big, beautiful houses, but many of them on the gallery are just way too over the top for me to fully enjoy playing in. Something can be a total work of art but just not functional, at least how I play. I’ve been building more on my own and just shared an Exquisite Victorian that I built to accommodate my needs (“needs” include a rock climbing wall that’s hidden from sight!)
    I also have a Tudor I am still playtesting.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I enjoy creating my own sims, so I don't go to the gallery for them - but I'm really terrible at building and I love spending time on the gallery downloading everyone's awesome lots :)
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have found some awesome builds and Sims on the Gallery. There are some beautiful cats out there also.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    I have been doing the same thing but with No CC Art. I have downloaded probably 30 rooms full of art...no idea where to use them yet lol

I dl'ed from the gallery that had CC art. Nothing showed up. I think you need to get the actual package files for those somewhere else if you want them.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love using the gallery. I'm obsessed with downloading quirky celebrities (like obscure politicians or old-time film stars) and mid-century modern houses.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Antone else obsessed with looking through the Gallery and downloading boo-koo amounts of stuff?

I have been lately. I have to use the online Gallery as I am at work (and bored).

There is a lot of great builds out there (some real terrible ones also(, but mostly awesome ones.

Oh my gosh, there are such talented creators out there. I am totally hooked on downloading builds and loading up my library with sims to replace the game generated townies.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    I love the Gallery! I use it all the time, or i would if it would work. Most the time it just complains about not being connected, or when it does manage to connect, the results come up empty :-( I find it works best in the morning (European time) and gets super slow and when North America wakes up.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited November 2020
    I’m a bit of a gallery junkie for uploading most of my builds and seeing the how many downloads they get. I know that sounds really sad but I’ve always thought my builds were rubbish and seeing people download them gives me more confidence with my builds. The only time now I download from the gallery is for a sim in a test save as I hate cas and am rubbish at making sims so the gallery is good for me with sims but I hate the typical plumped up lips and stupid poses which a lot of them are on the gallery
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

I dl'ed from the gallery that had CC art. Nothing showed up. I think you need to get the actual package files for those somewhere else if you want them.

@Admiral8Q Anything CC won't download from the gallery, you have to go to the outside source they uploaded it to (usually tumblr or the sims resource). There is No CC artwork that you CAN download from the gallery and it will show up
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited November 2020
    I have found some awesome builds and Sims on the Gallery. There are some beautiful cats out there also.

Have you seen my two cat babies I simmified? ;)

My old girl Roxy she is 10
    w1NjRTx.jpg
    fQhCdY3.png

and my youngster Socks, she is 4
    bA0iIyX.jpg
    cP6bWTS.png

and if you might like puppers then I uploaded my big girl Lady, she is only 3 but HUGE lol
    VjXTVfr.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I spent some time in the Gallery just yesterday. I love to build, even if I'm not so good at it, roofs mostly are problematic for me. But, I prefer building homes, mostly. I have built at least one restaurant, converted an old Virginia log house to a restaurant and built a bar & Grille, log cabin-style. But, I just don't have a feel for Spas/gyms. So, those I'll search for. Yesterday I was looking for a Spa to place in the 50 X 50 lot in Willow Creek.

Here is one of my favorite builds. I am NOT responsible for the roof. Another player PM-ed me asking if I minded if she 'fixed' my roof. I was more than happy for the help and she did a fantastic job. (I could dig and find the older version.) I have also paid more attention to the landscaping of others, learning, I hope, a few tricks.

sLtsvGD.jpg

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    I absolutely loooooove the gallery. I am a builder so I don't usually download others' builds unless I need something specific or I want to try out something that looks cool. But I will download lots and lots of sims. I follow a lot of creators that are really talented and expressive so not all the sims appeal to me but every once in a while, I'll download a sim or a family to use as townies. One thing I learned early on in the gallery is that each CAS creator uses a different technique for face shapes and body shapes so if your sim has a baby with another simmer's sim, the kid will look super weird just because of the different styles. Something I love doing is going through all the wonderful creations and commenting and liking them just to show support. Building a house can take 3-10 hours for me and making a sim can take an hour. People put so much effort into their work that you just have to congratulate them on a job well done. I've found that the gallery is 99% a super nice and supportive place but every once in a while you get some really mean people who steal your builds or comment trash. There's not really a good way to report them at all and EA needs to have the ability to start banning mean people from the gallery. They can do it on the forum but idk why they can't do it on the gallery.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Take a look at this house in the Gallery, simple but elegant: La maison rouge
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I like using the gallery for community lots and homes that my non-active/played sims live in. I like building, but no so much that I want to spend all my playtime doing it, which is what would happen if I didn't use the gallery.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I usually use the gallery for houses, because I can't build, and I have found builds where a family of 8 can move in without cheats.
    I also like to use the gallery to download sims, I tend to make fandom sims, like Harry Potter, but I also like to go online and download sims that people have already made for fandoms. The reason I do this is due to people making some of the same characters unique with how they picture them, or represent them.
    I also found really cute sims pets that resulted in really cute pets from breeding, which I posted on the gallery.
    When I have time, I plan to create more fandom Sims, I tend to make canon, semi-canon, alternate, and other versions for the same characters. I also love making them live in the same world. I currently have a bunch of Frozen versions in my gallery now. One is actually a gender bent version of the Elsa and Anna as teens.
    So, in conclusion, I use the gallery to download a bunch of things for my game, and use it to post fandoms.
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    edited December 2020
    I am a builder but still get inspiration from the fab builds on the gallery and if I'm creating friends/family for my main sims then I will get a house off the gallery for those family/friends. Sometimes they are wayyyy too cluttered - I end up having them with no furnishings or spending time deleting every tiny bit of the dust gatherers and wall art that has been put in. I have noticed that some builds have really dark flooring and dark furniture - my builds have light wood flooring (to help with lighting and to make it seem bigger) and as much as I love gardens - the low fencing for bedding plants etc takes ages to get rid of! :smile: Thats the only small things that I have to change, plus the obvious saucer lights - they have a real harsh white light and they get changed for wall lights straight away.