Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is November 17th's patch for console?

JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
I have updated my system and still no patch has been downloaded.
Checked for an update to the game and it still says "the installed application is the latest version" (which is 1.33).
I play on the PS4. What's going on? :/:s

Comments

• RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    They don't have a patch out for consoles yet. They don't know how to fix this problem.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    They don't have a patch out for consoles yet. They don't know how to fix this problem.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983899/november-17th-2020-patch-notes
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    It’s very hard to tell if this means that they’re waiting for the clearance of Microsoft or Sony, or if they are still figuring out what’s going on with console.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
    _natalie wrote: »
    I see. Still they weren't specific enough in their patch notes announcement. :|
  • AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2020
    JPNeko wrote: »
    I see. Still they weren't specific enough in their patch notes announcement. :|

Right?! When I saw them include the “Console 1.34” I ran to immediately patch my system because I assumed that it was ready for us as well.

Would it be so bad to say either, “we’ve submitted the patch for approval on console platforms, and we can’t speak for when they’ll be accepted— but we expect it to be soon,” or, “we’re still working to identify a fix for issue on console as they’re completely different platforms, and we thank you for your patience.”
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
    Wish me luck...

hexAUeH.jpg
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    I haven't experienced any crashing from my very brief jump into TS4 but the lag is strong. I can't test any more till Monday.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I just played around in build/buy mode for two hours. Not a single crash or loss of sound. It looks like the drama is over.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • PopePope Posts: 2 New Member
    I m still experiencing lots of crashing!
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    No crashing after playing for fifty minutes, but I'm now getting many of the issues that PC players have (random people that should have been locked out coming into my apartment and repeatedly cooking).
    I played for around 2 hours and didn't get any crashes, luckily.
    Hope next month's update won't bring any more issues. :o
  • Valk5Valk5 Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2020
    I haven’t played for a couple of months but gave it a try last night and was pleasantly surprised, no crashes! I tried on a newer save that only has two sim families and was able to play through for 6 hours without any major issues. I did have some lag occasionally, sims still want to do dishes in the bathroom and drink water ALL the time but nothing major. I didn’t travel and don’t own Snowy Escape, JTB or NK, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    Edit: Forgot to add, I removed the Father Winter tradition from Winterfest as I saw this was recommended on the tech issues forum
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I haven't experienced any crashing from my very brief jump into TS4 but the lag is strong. I can't test any more till Monday.

well, my game is lagging like crazy after the patch....and I didn't have any issues before.
    great.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• kazlouandkazlouand Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried going on the game about an hour ago, no update showing up at all even restarted console an no option to update, tried to play my game and guess what....it crashed 😭
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    kazlouand wrote: »
    I tried going on the game about an hour ago, no update showing up at all even restarted console an no option to update, tried to play my game and guess what....it crashed 😭

what console are you playing on?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Pope wrote: »
    I m still experiencing lots of crashing!

If your playing in Winter then it's due to Father Christmas Beard. He's crashing the game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps1aW231Cr0&feature=youtu.be
  • MariammsMariamms Posts: 13 New Member
    I am still experiencing crashing when I travel. I play on xbox one l.
  • DanrobinsDanrobins Posts: 1 New Member
    I play on ps4. Still crashing in live mode, can play ok in build mode. I've tried turning off the audio, didn't help. I just wasted another $40 on snowy escape and can't even play it.
    When can we expect a fix??
  • MariammsMariamms Posts: 13 New Member
    Yeah I am not buying anymore packs until they fix the crashing.
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    I've not had any crashing since the hot fix, but the lag on the other hand, is getting borderline unplayable
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    I started a new save and the lag is really bad. I was trying to decorate an apartment and it was pretty unbearable. I went to main menu and reloaded, seems ok but I know this will happen again. So frustrating.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    trophy wrote: »
    I started a new save and the lag is really bad. I was trying to decorate an apartment and it was pretty unbearable. I went to main menu and reloaded, seems ok but I know this will happen again. So frustrating.

PS5 seems to be handling this game a lot better. I haven't heard lag mentioned and I've seen that the loading screens are much faster.