Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There’s Something Wrong With The Hot Pot From Snowy Escape

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
Idk if it’s just me, but my Sims can only make the hot pot and eat it once. There’s clearly more left in the pot, but they cannot click on it to grab another bowl. The only option is to clean it up even though it has an expiration time like there are leftovers. This can’t be by design.

Has anyone been able to successfully grab a second/third bowl from the hot pot?

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I assumed that was by design because that is not uncommon when you make a hot pot.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2020
    logion wrote: »
    I assumed that was by design because that is not uncommon when you make a hot pot.

So it’s not just me. Interesting. It’s strange to me because it has an expiration time if you hover over the bowl like there is food remaining to be eaten. But you can’t click on the bowl to eat it or put the leftovers in the fridge. It makes me think it was a mistake of some sort.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »

So it’s not just me. Interesting. It’s strange to me because it has an expiration time if you hover over the bowl like there is food remaining to be eaten. But you can’t click on the bowl to eat it or put the leftovers in the fridge. It makes me think it was a mistake of some sort.

Oh, it actually has an expiration time, that's interesting. I thought it was the "leftovers" that you get, you know, what you cook the ingredients in, and that's not something that you tend to eat afterwards. Maybe that expiration time is still there because that's when they sit down and eat the food.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2020

Oh, it actually has an expiration time, that's interesting. I thought it was the "leftovers" that you get, you know, what you cook the ingredients in, and that's not something that you tend to eat afterwards. Maybe that expiration time is still there because that's when they sit down and eat the food.

I sent a Sim on vacation and had him do the “Make Hot Pot For One” interaction. He made it, ate the bowl, and then when I hovered over the bowl it said he had 7 days left to eat the rest. But there was no option to eat any more, just the option to clean it up.

I even had him do the other interaction” Make Hot For...” like a group interaction. After both Sims who sat at the little table ate, it still showed the expiration time but there was no option to eat again.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I have two sims I’m playing, and they autonomously eat two bowls each, if I cancel the second bowl I can put them in the fridge as leftovers. The hotpot itself doesn’t have an option to store leftovers, but you can grab a serving, cancel the action, then click on the bowl itself to put it away. Once my sims have finished the hotpot it does appear to have a small amount left in it, but clicking on it gives an option to “empty pot”, I assume that’s just a way to appear like it’s being cleaned.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    If my Sims eat it alone, my others Sim can join hotpot by clicking on it when the other Sims already done with their meal.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Idk if it’s just me, but my Sims can only make the hot pot and eat it once. There’s clearly more left in the pot, but they cannot click on it to grab another bowl. The only option is to clean it up even though it has an expiration time like there are leftovers. This can’t be by design.

Has anyone been able to successfully grab a second/third bowl from the hot pot?

I've noticed they can't eat it all out of the hot pot. I hope this will be addressed.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I noticed that too, even afrer I have a sim make hot pot for the entire family (four sims) there’s still some food left that you can’t put in the fridge as leftovers.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims tried it for the first time when I was playing last night. A family of four. Two of the sims grabbed a second bowl autonomously while the other two did not. Maybe it just depends on the sims?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My sims tried it for the first time when I was playing last night. A family of four. Two of the sims grabbed a second bowl autonomously while the other two did not. Maybe it just depends on the sims?

Could also depend on the hunger level -- maybe the two that grabbed a second bowl are hungrier?

The expiration time could also just be as reminder to clean up before it goes bad.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited November 2020
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I have two sims I’m playing, and they autonomously eat two bowls each, if I cancel the second bowl I can put them in the fridge as leftovers. The hotpot itself doesn’t have an option to store leftovers, but you can grab a serving, cancel the action, then click on the bowl itself to put it away. Once my sims have finished the hotpot it does appear to have a small amount left in it, but clicking on it gives an option to “empty pot”, I assume that’s just a way to appear like it’s being cleaned.

I was able to grab additional servings after my Sim ate the first bowl. Like you, I cancelled the action, and after she put the bowl down, I was able to put it in the fridge and later eat it as a leftover. (This worked before this week's patch. I haven't tried it since.)

If the expiration is seven days while sitting out, then maybe that's what we're meant to do - leave it in the bowl and get additional servings later, rather than putting it in the fridge to stop it spoiling. (Unless the secret ingredient is the Twinky, well-known to have the longest shelf-life in the history of food, I think I'll keep putting my leftovers in the fridge.)

(Edited to deliberately misspell the name of a popular semi-food, as it seems to be linked to a hearts emoji.)
    I just want things to match. :'(