Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play 1 hour, Tell us what you loved/hated about this play session

GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
Ok, I wanted to do something like a.. challenge? How would you call this, I am not sure.
Anyway, i thought of this to determine what people find annoying and what people love while playing this game which of course can be different depending on when and how you decide to play that day.

Now, If you were already going to play today, play for at least 1 (real time) hour, come back to this thread and name min. 3 things that you loved about this particular session (can be anything game related!) and min. 3 things that you absolutely hated.

Today's sessions for me was:

Loved:
- Finding new clothes from some latest packs that I haven't discovered before and that they were very much up to date with some of the latest casual trends.
- The bird sounds! Whenever my sims are in their garden, I love the realistic sounds of birds chirping. Is it cause of the trees you place?
- The fact that I have been trying to get my sim famous for a really long time now and it takes hard and continues work and I like that bit of realism.

Hated:
- Sims within the same household that I don't intent to play with have very limited autonomy. My sims has an actress roommate and I have to set gigs for her all the time, keep up her fame, social media account, friendship/love relationship and keep an eye out on heir weight. Why do I have to control her even attending her job?
- So many buildings (mainly foundation) bugs, lag and a game that results in crashing of course. It's unplayable.
- Not being able to enter a nightclub with the entire group if it has a certain celebrity level requirement. Why can't my famous sim bring her entourage that isn't necessarily famous?
- Not being able to start a club without the current household involved.
Post edited by GreatestPlanner on

Comments

• spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Good
    Fire Dept comes now when there is a fire.
    Plants seem to grow a little better.

Bad
    More Fires.
    My Sim weeds Her garden from inside the house.
    Sentiments cause over emotional reactions.
    Still doing dishes in the bathroom.
    Are things taking longer ( shower, pee, eat, read)?? or is it just Me??
    Visitors all day and night on the porch. My Sims are busy and do not have time for that many friends.
    Crashing, crashing and crashing.

That was all I was able notice in the two hours I played before giving up.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2020
    I played for a few hours yesterday. The only bad thing I noticed was there seemed to be lag in the game. And of course the lag when you go into Buy Mode then back into Live Mode is still there. I always have to open the Options menu to get it back to normal. I really wish they would address this!

I’m going to play now since I just installed SE and I’ll report back my findings.

ETA:

Bad:
    - My Sims are obsessed with cleaning the outdoor grill. They want to do it constantly.
    - I have upgraded several items as unbreakable, but they are still breaking.
    - I upgraded the new fireplace as fireproof, but it caught my Sim on fire anyway. .
    - After doing the winter activities with one family, I really didn’t have a desire to do them again with other families. So I don’t see much replay value for me there.

Good:
    - I like how the new world from SE looks!
    - Doing the winter activities reminded me of Vacation from the previous Sims game, made me nostalgic.
    - I really like the Buy Mode objects from this pack, especially the kitchen stuff.
    - The little space heater is adorable.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • OceancatOceancat Posts: 21 Member
    I was playing with the Bjergsens for about an hour today
    Good:
    Lighting was so cool with the trees moving in the wind
    Still discovering some new interactions while playing with toddlers
    Butterflies!
    Parenting choices
    Bad:
    My game wasn't crashing but I had glitches with the UI and with sims forgetting everyone they had known
    Saw the kids go off to school w/o backpacks, sort of broke emotion
    Multi tasking was just blatantly switching between tasks and taking twice as long
    Windenburg has perfect beaches for swimming yet this was not possible
    Oceancat wrote: »
    I was playing with the Bjergsens for about an hour today
    Good:
    Lighting was so cool with the trees moving in the wind
    Still discovering some new interactions while playing with toddlers
    Butterflies!
    Parenting choices
    Bad:
    My game wasn't crashing but I had glitches with the UI and with sims forgetting everyone they had known
    Saw the kids go off to school w/o backpacks, sort of broke emotion
    Multi tasking was just blatantly switching between tasks and taking twice as long
    Windenburg has perfect beaches for swimming yet this was not possible

Kids wear backpacks now?
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited November 2020
    I just played with the Landgraab household that consists of Nancy and Malcolm. Nancy split from Geoffrey and moved to San Myshuno with Malcolm following her sometime later.

Things I liked:
    -Playing in the renovated Landgraab apartment in San Myshuno. Everything is so lavish and the view is amazing.
    -I use this mod that creates an attraction system between sims and I tried to get Nancy a date, but her standards are so high that no matter how her date flirted she wasn't having it and ended things by getting him to give her a foot massage before leaving. It was pretty funny.
    -Malcolm met his step sisters at the art center. His sisters are children while he is a young adult. One of them in particular hates him and they got into an argument. Seeing this grown man screaming at a child and the child shoving him back was a little amusing.

Things I didn't like:
    -Malcolm is extremely attracted to this bartender and took her on a date to the Romance Festival. Everything was going well until he needed to use the bathroom. When he came back out she was slow dancing with this random dude. Okay, it was kind of funny and it didn't bother me too much, but I was trying to get them together that evening and she went and threw a wrench in my plans. :lol:
    -I don't know what to do with this particular household moving forward. There's no struggle with them because they are rich, having people make all their food, and clean their house. Aside from the mild drama in relationships things are getting a little dull.
    -I'm seeing Batuu residences in my main world and I use MCCC to delete them, but they keep spawning. It sucks because the ones that spawn are the ones I've already given makeovers to and I have to delete them. Then there's Rey who was the bartender at the Romance Festival, ugh. I need to find the mod that is causing them to spawn and ruining my immersion.
    -The DJs at the nightclub keep gaining fame. When they become B-Listers people start to gather around them and cheer instead of gathering on the dance floor to dance. I have to keep lowering the DJ's fame with cheats. There's an easy fix to this though which I'm going to implement when I play next. It'll be sad to stay goodbye to familiar DJs, but I hope I can make more appealing ones.

I have some screenshots of some of the things I liked/disliked because I am addicted to taking screenshots.

Malcolm fighting with one of his step sisters at the Art Center:
    QteU0DD.png
    WeO3IoI.png
    ZtTdwFL.png

Malcolm on seeing his date slow dancing with another man.
    20rPLc6.png
    O91WkjJ.png
    25hPsuc.png
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2020
    Loved:
    Such fun making CAS creations! I can get face shapes very close to what I want. It’s really fun to try to match my creation to a source material, in this case the Dreamer family from Sims 2.
    It’s fun looking for just the right build in the gallery.
    I love playing with lighting in builds.
    I love all of the cc lipsticks I downloaded. I can give a Sim very natural looking lip color, or crazy green if I want. Plus I can decide if they are the sort of person to wear lip gloss, Chapstick, or to have dry, chapped lips.
    I love the illuminated staircases.
    I love that we can create a Sim’s parents, not only their children.
    I love that I can play on laptop, in Mac OS.

Hated:
    I wish we could sculpt hair in CAS the way that we can sculpt faces.
    I was worried about crashes because I had a hard time playing last night.
    I wish that plants’ leaves would bend instead of clipping through walls.
    It’s so much fun that too much time goes by!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Lag and Crash.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I have a session of about an hour yesterday. Decided to took my engaged couple to a short vacation to Mt. Komorebi to test new gameplay.

Loved:
    - Vacation time can now be seen on calendar
    - Hiking somehow I like it though I didn't expect it
    - Sound ambiance
    - New collectibles, not only these new gachas but spirits also
    - I like new continuous event mechanics, I hope modders will come out with some super exciting events using it

Hated:
    - Bugs
    - Right after wedding a bride rushed to play chess, and a groom started singing... erm guys probably you could interact one with another for at least a little bit? You've just developed a sentiment from a wedding by the way... How do I know... you have moodlets apparently this is enough no actions required
    - I play rotationally and it was super annoying to me to see literally all their next-door neighbors around on hiking trails and slopes... I do not mind if these are NPCs but leave my playables alone
    - Strangers invading conversations. The couple was skinny dipping and kissing in the river when I've noticed some random vendor crossing all the map to go to the river to chat with them...
    - Aspirations are mostly a joke to complete, especially the location one - almost finished it through one vacation
    - They are autonomously obsessed with vending machines now
    - Contrary they do not want to stay autonomously in onsen at all (the reason I didn't complete location aspiration during one vacation - I struggled to keep my sim in the onsen for long enough)
    - This is not my first play session after I've purchased EP but none of my sims developed any Lifestyles. I've checked the settings - they are turned on, but nothing happening.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    Loved
    - Getting to know the Ito family.
    - Fixing the Ito family house more to my liking.
    - Seeing the Ito family becoming closer and building their relationships.

Hated
    - Naoki Ito being mean to his family. I don’t deal with mean sims well, they frustrate me. :D
    - Sims cooking food endlessly but not eating it.
    - Random sims walking into my sims family home uninvited.
    - Yamachan not spawning at the festival of youth.
    - Random school uniforms for kids and teens going to school. I want to choose which uniforms they wear.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Sims do not “follow the leader.”

I sent a single household dude with his 2 buddies from other households to Komorebi for a mancation.

They stayed at one of those chalets on the snowy part of the mountain. Everytime I clicked the nearby hiking board, or “go skiing” on the bunny hill, they’d spread out in a chain of three. One would be in the chalet bathroom still and one looking around like a dummy while one sprinted or biked to the activity. Pretty sure it happened in the livestream: the poor toddler was abandoned at the lodge while the others were way out on the mountainside.

It’d be great if the active Sim could wait at the doorstep for the rest, and they could travel together to the activity. The inefficiency nearly made me ill 🤪

Two more thoughts:

1) For Sims that vacation from different households: there needs to be a way to “send all to bed” otherwise the non-household Sims only aberrantly nap (which has no impact on energy) and never sleep normal hours.

2) Tweak AI so non-household Sims put on winter clothes in Komo. Otherwise they wander around in jammies or everyday shorts and it’s annoying ha

• GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    edited November 2020
    spend4zen wrote: »
    Are things taking longer ( shower, pee, eat, read)?? or is it just Me??
    Visitors all day and night on the porch. My Sims are busy and do not have time for that many friends.
    I second that! Things do take forever now. Each time my sim takes a shower, it's like a sim hour.. what?? It was already before the latest patch. Ironic that it seems to have happened around the eco pack.

The visitors need to take it a notch down, I agree. I gave my apartment key to 3 family members who show up every day, sometimes even twice a day. I think it's too much. Other family members or friends stand on my porch every single day as well. I can't keep up one sims a day, let alone 3-5.
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I love that we can create a Sim’s parents, not only their children.
    I also love that we have multiple genetic options in CAS. Like create parents, children, sibling and even twins!
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    - I play rotationally and it was super annoying to me to see literally all their next-door neighbors around on hiking trails and slopes... I do not mind if these are NPCs but leave my playables alone
    I agree 100% with this. Leave the active households alone when it comes to vacationing! I hate to see my own sims from other households roaming around in Selvadorada while I have no intention for them to visit that place. And Also while my current sim is there doing his job, I imagine him being very far away from his friends and family, so the last thing I want to see is one of them wandering around in the jungle in their regular outfits.

• OceancatOceancat Posts: 21 Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Kids wear backpacks now?

They don't, I just think that if they did it would add to my immersion.
    Oceancat wrote: »
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Kids wear backpacks now?

They don't, I just think that if they did it would add to my immersion.

Oh ok. I wish there a way to make kids in other worlds change into school uniforms and not just in the new SE world.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    so i played for a bit yesterday, i patched the first time then regret it, not because i had crashes but for other reasons.
    anyways, as it was a new save i spent all the time i had to play doing makeovers to the sims. i couldn't even try the platforms because i was busy changing caleb's hairstyle😑
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I played a NPC sim Royce who my sim married the other day. Royce has been a side character, I had changed his clothes and given him an apartment earlier, but it was the first time I really played him.

Loved
    • I moved a his wife's dog to live with him, love how easy it's to move sims.
    • Found omelette dog bed in build buy that I forgot I have.
    • I was happy when doing small changes in CAS, because his clothes suited him.
    • He visited his wife and they were flirty because of sentiments and kissed autonomously.
    • Romance festival clothes were working as should - no boxers, bright red knee socks and llama masks yay!
    • I forgot he is vegetarian and he became sad eating nigiri, oops. Glad to see a trait having an effect.
    • His neighbour Jesminder Bheeda first came in wanting to eat tofu tacos and started flirting (at which point I realized I should check the NAPs - fixed them) but then later Jesminder came in again wanting to use the shower which made me think that woman is trying something...
    • His wife called wanting to give his phone number to someone. That someone was Caleb Vatore! His wife used to have a crush on Caleb so it's definitely juicy that Caleb now wants to have a chat with him.

Hated
    • He went to walk his dog in the city and they got stuck, spinning circles on the street. Fixed by travelling.
    • Travelled to Brightchester and went for a short walk there, took ages. I hate that.
    • For some reason I was unable to challenge his wife for a foosball game.
    • Had lag several times :(
    • At the romance festival I always wait until the end so the festivals wont overlap and it was tiring as usual.

Played another session today and I have to say, a lot of frustrations. I haven't updated my game yet, so not sure if it has to do with the recent bugs.

Loved:
    - Finally could see sentiments at work. It's nice to see relations build up depending on how you interact with them.
    - Even though the event was a big mess due to bugs, I still liked the fact that celebrities can host charity events where they all dress up nice and mingle to get donations.
    - I really enjoy the acting career and the set. It feels very realistic. I also like the way it slowly builds up new possibilities on how to gain more fame.

Hated:
    - Hosted a charity event for my famous sim only to see 90% of the invited guest standing and waiting outside of the lot. I had to call them in one by one to start the donations which went so buggy. Actions being canceled, sims that froze which resulted in a terrible event for my liking. I spend most time trying to rearrange the tasks then actually being social with other celebs.
    _ I wish there would be more effect to my actrice sim dating one of the guys on set. Maybe there is with the new sentiments, but I kind of doubt it though. She should have some perks for that or maybe even risking the chance of him getting fired.
    - I don't see any bouncers at the gates anymore and I also wish we could set those entrance doors to 'no stars required' to let some non-celeb sims in from time to time like sims that are part of your group.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited November 2020
    I can't do it.

I mean, I can go in build mode and manage worlds and do things for hours. No problem. I love it. I use my imagination to lay out how I think my sim world should be.

I go in to live mode, and I am IMMEDIATELY bored. It's not that my sims don't have goals, (they always do). But getting those goals is so extremely boring that I just don't want to play a second day after I put them to bed.

And that is the same for any, and every, sim I have in my little sim world. It's BORING.

And adding a ski resort won't change that day to day boring existence of all sims feeling, and living, the same boring lives.

Maybe it's me. Maybe I've outgrown the sims after 20 yrs. Or maybe the sims game just is as frivolous and as shallow as the world today.

I don't know. I just can't find it. Not in sims. No depth. Nothing.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I cant last an hour playing TS4. I could spend some bit of time in CAS but actual gameplay does nothing for me. I tried a few days ago. I recreated Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy and got a cool alien home from the gallery. I wanted to experiment with Parenthood since my younger sister recently purchased it. I played for about 10 minutes and exited, too boring
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I can't do it.
    I go in to live mode, and I am IMMEDIATELY bored. It's not that my sims don't have goals, (they always do). But getting those goals is so extremely boring that I just don't want to play a second day after I put them to bed.

Do you still play other iterations?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I found an old save dated 12/23/15 that I had started with a new household consisting of a single dad and his young son. I had moved them into the Daisy Hovel lot and then left them there and forgot about the game.

The first thing I did was downsize the house to a Micro Tiny Home. I kept most of the items that came with the house to furnish their tiny home. I sold the double bed and bought two twin beds. I had enough money left over to buy one toy for the kid and a guitar for the dad. Dad has The Curator aspiration and his traits are active, materialistic, and music lover. The kid has the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration and his trait is Loves Outdoors. Their save started on Sunday morning at 8:00 AM.

After playing them for one hour:
    1. I like the sentiments. The little boy is protective of his dad and they adore each other.
    2. I like that the little boy can help with the finances by looking for frogs, digging rocks, and fishing. He found a lot of crystals, several frogs, and some metals that went into dad's inventory since he has The Curator aspiration. The little boy caught an orchid while fishing in the pond at the Oasis Springs park which dad planted right away. It looks like money won't be an issue for them much longer. Fortunately, it's a slow-growing plant so they won't get rich too fast.
    3. The social buff from living in a Micro Tiny home is very strong. I knew the little boy was going to be a Spellcaster someday so I had him introduce himself Morgyn Ember and L. Faba who were walking around their neighborhood after they got home from the park. They both became instant Good Friends and followed him home where they met dad and became Good Friends with him too. They also met Caleb and Vlad who were wandering around the neighborhood that evening. By 9:30 PM on Day 1 of their save, dad and his son both had 5 Good Friends, not counting each other - they had also met an Alien.

I've played this household through Thursday night of the first week. The little boy has maxed the motor skill, caught a dragon fruit fishing at Magnolia Promenade. Dad caught Volume 1 of the Vampire Encyclopedia. I think the game is hinting that dad might become a Vampire. Dad has almost maxed fitness, is working on rock climbing, and has completed several odd jobs.

I wish that I had looked at the child aspiration rewards sooner. When I did that I lost interest in having the kid complete any of them because skilling is already easy. I'd like for him to have something left to do when he grows up.

What I've found while playing this household:
    1. Making friends is too easy.
    2. Gaining money is too easy.
    3. Leveling skills is too easy.
    4. The Active trait is over-powering at times. I needed to have the kid play on a jungle gym while in a playful mood. This meant that I had to get him to take a bubble bath before going to the park where dad would immediately "fire him up" because he has the active trait and can do that. Boom - the kid lost his playful mood and became energized. So dad had to start staying home. By this time the little boy had entered a clingy phase so whenever he headed to the park he started to get tense about not being with his dad (which even made me sad). It also made his dad sad.
    5. I still don't like 98% of the pre-made Sims that come with the Base Game, City Living, Get Together, and Island Living.

Sentiments really are a very nice addition.

Game-play wise I had no lag, no crashing, and no last exceptions.
  • stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Hated
    - Sims cooking food endlessly but not eating it.
    - Random sims walking into my sims family home uninvited.

This.^^

Played for an hour tonight.

Loved...
    The snow-boarding and skiing. Watching my sim do tricks was awesome.
    Completing another degree.
    Seeing my sim moving around their town.

Hated...
    Sims wandering into my house. But then if I lock the door, my friends can't come in.
    Sim constantly cooking but not eating.
    I couldn't take a selfie with my sim at the light festival. I wanted to take a picture angled down at my sim so her selfie had the lights in the river as well as her but it's not possible.

That's my list. I had no crashes in this session. :)
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I accepted your challenge and fired up an older save.

Loved the seven toddlers playing the snow. (seven toddler challenge)

Hated the sentiments that kept them from enjoying it. They all got sad because someone near by hurt them. How awful! Never seen seven toddlers crying by several snowmen before.

I want to turn sediments off. Thank goodness I have UI Cheats Extension installed.
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Haven't done a specific hours but this was just playing last night
    Good
    Sims seem to be interacting more, I don't know if I missed it before, but they'll talk to other sims during tasks, my spell caster sim talked to her daughter whilst experimenting at the cauldron (in another house my sim was writing a book whilst chatting to his toddler and pulled a face at him too) before they would be locked in to that task, this is more natural!

The moodlet boosts from sentiments has changed things up nicely, like feeling flirty when the sims other half is about, feels more normal

I like the new festivals, good to have some thing else to do

No shoes in the house ftw!

Simmis are cute, liking some thing new to collect.

Bad
    Hungry sims constantly in the fridge, cooking a single meal, plate it up, then go to the fridge and get a sandwich or starting another single meal, I can't leave them unattended for a second, I miss the mod that stopped them using the fridge unless told to. Its none stop.

Sending sims to a festival but because they arrive at a lot rather than the festival, they go off to the Onsen (for example) instead of the festival so have to drag them out of the hot spring to go do what I want them too (always been an issue, but seems more pronounced)

Random sims in my house? They are just wandering in, found Nina a sleep in my living room, my sim had never even met her before, thankfully the send home feature makes getting rid of them easier

Dropping commands from the queue, some times they do stuff straight away, some times I'm having to direct them 2/3times to do things
    Teleporting glitches, one minute they are stood outside the door, next moment in the middle of the room, or going top of the stairs to the bottom in one move. I even saw my cat do a weird stretching thing when he brought home some feathers, very strange.

I like sentiments but think its a tad inappropriate for my mother sim have one that is making them sad around their toddler (can't remember what it was exactly), or the sister to have a festering grudge around said toddler, who can't have done any thing wrong, all connected to the childrens festival, the mother and sister came home mad/sad at the toddler who literally spent the whole time wandering around interacting with Yamachan and other festival goers, think it was related to the blessing of youth (that I didn't know was an action). I managed to wipe out both of them with "nice" game play, but having such extreme reactions to a toddler didn't feel right.
    Cheekyimp wrote: »
    I like sentiments but think its a tad inappropriate for my mother sim have one that is making them sad around their toddler (can't remember what it was exactly), or the sister to have a festering grudge around said toddler, who can't have done any thing wrong, all connected to the childrens festival, the mother and sister came home mad/sad at the toddler who literally spent the whole time wandering around interacting with Yamachan and other festival goers, think it was related to the blessing of youth (that I didn't know was an action). I managed to wipe out both of them with "nice" game play, but having such extreme reactions to a toddler didn't feel right.

I saw this somewhere else too and they should definitely make a difference for certain family relationships and ages. It's ridiculous that a toddler is on the same level as other life stages, so wrong.

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I've been wanting to add to this thread, but everything that happens in my game is bad. I constantly have sims dying and whatnot. I can never tell a proper story.