Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are sims always exercising now!?

So this is happening now in my games but.. every sim, as long as I have full autonomy on starts to do some kind of exercising even if I have them doing something else! Like if they are watching tv or eating, they will get up and do some kind of exercise! It doesn't even matter if they have the active trait now! I know some people are going to say they are fine with this, but I am not. I like keeping autonomy on usually if I am playing with more than one sim because I don't like my sims just standing there doing nothing! Is this happening with anyone else?

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My active sim exercises a lot but then that's not unusual with his trait and also he got the energetic and outdoorsy lifestyles.
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    Yes, I have this problem too. I play with autonomy on and my sims will not stop doing sit ups. All day everyday. I thought it was just specific behavior to Active sims but then sims without the trait were exercising every two seconds. I've searched, but I can't find a mod to fix it. It's really obnoxious.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I think the NAPs are re-surfacing with renewed forces. :lol: In my game sims are not only exercising, but playing violin and guitar of their own free will. And my playable sim is constantly being fined for using excessive water.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I keep My Sims on No free will because these little things make Me crazy. I am a seasoned enough player to keep every sim I am playing busy with a que as I rotate through them but the crazy things they do on free will breaks the immersion for Me. It is bad enough they continue to wash dishes in the bathroom even if You buy two dishwashers and two kitchen sinks. I also noticed that there are now all kinds of new people showing up on the front porch at all hours of the day and night. My sims are not that friendly, they are busy, they do not have time to socialize and let strangers in to use the computer. I have to remember to build that fence.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I have my sims on free will but they don't typically do a lot of things related to fitness. Only sims that either have some sort of fitness-related trait like active, a sim's whose moodlet is energetic tend to lean towards fitness activities, or sims with the active or thrill-seeker lifestyles.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I used MCCC tuner to turn off the annoying autonomous exercise like random situps and pushups. I hate that weirdness in my game. That’s probably why I haven’t noticed anything different. :D
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Nope. They are gaining weight faster. The stairs now creak and moan when they use them.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    No but I have seen other people mention this (and also that suddenly all non-active sims seem to be gaining fitness skill faster), so it might be a bug of sorts? I would check it there is maybe a NAP active that could be causing this, also see if this happens more with sims that already have a good amount of fitness skill. I assume they don't have the active lifestyle and that you're not using any mods? If it's none of those things, again, it might be a bug and you might want to check if there is a thread for this on Answers HQ, or create one.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    They’ve never stopped.

Always push-ups and nonstop.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I haven’t seen this problem in my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    Havent noticed it, probably it's NAP related? Only my sims who has active trait exercise autonomously but they toned that down it seems, previously they exercised religiously. now just once a day and I like it this way.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    Well, I was just playing the roomies, and the sim Mitchel Kalani, who has the "Lazy" trait, just started doing sit ups in the kitchen! So yeah...
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Check the NAPs. I bet you play more than one household, meaning there is voting going on.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2020
    I wish my sims would become fit from hiking, snowboarding, etc... All of my current sims are fat/skinny, because I'm trying to explore the new activities and not making them work out. Like, I don't want those skills to be fused with fitness, but at the same time I want the benefits I get in real life doing those things. Even just walking I can lose some weight.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Really only when it's a: 1) sim with an active trait, 2) sim with an energetic lifestyle, 3) sim in an energized mood, or 4) sim living in a neighborhood with the corresponding NAP. Obviously, if there is vacant exercise equipment they will sometimes use it, but more often than not I can explain why they hit the ground for sit ups.