Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chopsticks Use

Is there a way to set sims master in using chopsticks? It is just weird seeing my Asian sims not knowing how to use them.

Comments

• simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    edited November 2016
    I think that the more Asian food your sims eat, the more skilled they become in using chopsticks. Eventually, they'll receive a reward trait called Chopsticks savvy from mastering the art of eating with them.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    Too bad none of the items I've seen sold at the Asian food stall are vegetarian-safe. At least one of them should be.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    The more Asian foods your sims eats the more they get to use them and will eventually master them. I have one sim who has mastered them so far, but she also cooks the food at home more.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hello
    Try having your sims keeping on eating the Asian food meals and they will eventually master using the chopsticks.
    This is a link also to City Living cheats, if you want to have them have the hidden chopsticks trait instantly.
    http://sims-online.com/sims-4-city-living-cheats-career-traits-skill/
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Too bad none of the items I've seen sold at the Asian food stall are vegetarian-safe. At least one of them should be.

there's a tofu stir fry
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,595 Member
    Just eat more ramen. My sim masted it after eating about 3-4 bowls.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member

I believe there are a couple of them: Ma Po tofu with eggplant, tofu stir fry, and the egg rolls (?).
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try having your sims keeping on eating the Asian food meals and they will eventually master using the chopsticks.
    This is a link also to City Living cheats, if you want to have them have the hidden chopsticks trait instantly.
    http://sims-online.com/sims-4-city-living-cheats-career-traits-skill/

Thank you @rosemow . I think this is as close as having a “native chopsticks user” one can get :D .

I believe there are a couple of them: Ma Po tofu with eggplant, tofu stir fry, and the egg rolls (?).

The tofu with eggplant and the tofu stir fry were added to the regular cooking menu, but I haven't seen either of them available at the Asian-themed food stall. And the egg rolls are not listed as vegetarian-safe, if I recall correctly.
    @Simfuncrunch
    Yeah, sorry I made a mistake. Also, it should be Sweet and sour eggplant, which I got it wrong as well :s . Both SSE and TSF are Chinese cuisine, the stall is red and with red paper lamps hanging on the two sides (not yellow, yellow is the Vietnamese stall), and has a sign of typical American-Chinese takeout box (which is no where to be seen in all Chinese cultural circle :D ).
    Btw, look closely of the sign on the food stall, different food style is sold in different booth.
    edited November 2016
    @Simfuncrunch
    Yeah, sorry I made a mistake. Also, it should be Sweet and sour eggplant, which I got it wrong as well :s . Both SSE and TSF are Chinese cuisine, the stall is red and with red paper lamps hanging on the two sides (not yellow, yellow is the Vietnamese stall), and has a sign of typical American-Chinese takeout box (which is no where to be seen in all Chinese cultural circle :D ).
    Btw, look closely of the sign on the food stall, different food style is sold in different booth.

I guess I haven't seen that stall yet; I've only seen the eggplant and tofu stir-fry available when clicking on a frig to cook (i.e., they don't require you to order those items at a stall first to learn them). I have seen one stall that sells ramen, and one stall that sells lumpia, and neither of those have any vegetarian-friendly items if I recall correctly.

ETA: I do realize that Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc. are all different kinds of cuisine; I shouldn't have just said "Asian" in my original comment, but the booths aren't clearly labeled and I'm not always sure which foods are native to which country.
    @Simfuncrunch no worries ;) , unless there was something offending I believe using Asian is fine. From what I have observed you will find the Chinese stall often in the Fashion District, but with the dynamic system I cannot tell you exactly when it will spawn. My sim lives there at the time being, and I am sure all the Eastern Asia booths (i.e., Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese) can be found there; I even saw a fast-food stall once!

As for vegetarian-friendly food, I have not dig into it much, but I am sure to say the Japanese food introduced are not vegetarian.
    I did just find a vegetarian-friendly dish at the Japanese food stall: Dango. Don't know how I missed that one before.
  • mslolalolitamslolalolita Posts: 3 New Member
    i tried to get her to eat with chopsticks to no avail.
  • roaringlizardroaringlizard Posts: 6 New Member
    toddlers won't sit at the kotastu table?
  • roaringlizardroaringlizard Posts: 6 New Member
    By the way, vegetarian is a fairly new concept in Japan.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member

What about shojin ryori? That's been around for a long time.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I clicked on the fridge once and it asked what I wanted to set as the default utensil. I didn’t try it though. Does that work?
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member

What about shojin ryori? That's been around for a long time.

That's true, but if you go to a regular restaurant... they're not as used to it/accommodating of vegetarians even though that's changing.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes it does. You can also click on a sim to set their default ustensil. If you choose chopsticks, your sim will always use them to eat. At least at home, as I noticed my sims were using forks at the food stand.
    I clicked on the fridge once and it asked what I wanted to set as the default utensil. I didn’t try it though. Does that work?

• 31331f31331f Posts: 6 New Member
    uhh i've seen that when my sim eats with chopsticks he picks up SALMON NIGIRI even if he eats other food wth is this?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I chose chopsticks for the utensil of choice for the wife of my Global Superstar. They were out dining at a really posh place, and suddenly, she switched to eat with her chopsticks, autonomously. LOL She seemed rather adept, even though this was the first time I witnessed her using them. So, I don't know.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    I chose chopsticks for the utensil of choice for the wife of my Global Superstar. They were out dining at a really posh place, and suddenly, she switched to eat with her chopsticks, autonomously. LOL She seemed rather adept, even though this was the first time I witnessed her using them. So, I don't know.
    :hushed: Sh... I respond with you to let you know someone necroposted and you fell for it... This post starts when CL EP pack launched not long ago...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy