Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the benefit of preordering Snowy Escape?

I remember with Sims 3, preordering got you additional items. Sims 4 doesn't offer that, nor does it seem that you can download the pack early if you preorder. What's the point of the option if you don't get any of those things?
ts4pic115_zpsddd39563.jpg

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    You can download early if you preorder on origin. It unlocks at midnight day of release.
    That’s about the only benefit.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I pre- order when I have the cash on hand so to speak so that I don’t have to worry about not having enough money on the release date. It’s a budgeting mechanism for me.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    You can download early using a vpn lol unless you live in australia of course, since it releases there first. That's the only benefit :)
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I personally dont see any point in pre-ordering if there's no actual bonus to it, whether it be some random clothing or some unique build/buy piece. Just being able to download it early isnt enough if you ask me.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hmm... I used to pre-order but now I am waiting to see how patches and packs perform before downloading.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    You can download early if you preorder on origin. It unlocks at midnight day of release.

It’s not really early, everyone gets it at midnight.

@TehCookieKid There is no bonus for preordering.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Something to look forward to I guess. Paying for it is all sorted and you don't have to think about the money on release day you can just download instantly.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

You can if you use a vpn. People are playing right now.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

You can if you use a vpn. People are playing right now.

A vpn isn’t really a preorder bonus....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I don’t recall preorder benefits from TS3 packs, and I’ve preordered plenty.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    I’m just really excited, I missed being this excited for Sims packs so I went ahead and preordered so I could load up and play right at midnight lol
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited November 2020

Console players don’t. If they pre order they have to wait till 6pm day of release. I know way back in the day when I tried to buy Get to work on origin after midnight it wasn’t available and made me wait as I hadn’t pre ordered.

Edit, I was mistaken. EA say console players don’t get access at midnight, but I’ve checked and they seem to have it. That’s new. My niece plays on console and I remember her being so inpatient for one of the early expansions to release the next day.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I don't pre-order all the time. I have to really, really want the pack to preorder, the last time the only time in Sims 4 was when Seasons came out. Otherwise I just wait until the day of release. This is one pack that I really, really want! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member

Console players don’t. If they pre order they have to wait till 6pm day of release. I know way back in the day when I tried to buy Get to work on origin after midnight it wasn’t available and made me wait as I hadn’t pre ordered.

Edit, I was mistaken. EA say console players don’t get access at midnight, but I’ve checked and they seem to have it. That’s new. My niece plays on console and I remember her being so inpatient for one of the early expansions to release the next day.

We have access at midnight EST. I'm on the West Coast, so I get to play it on my PS4 at 9 pm tonight.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I remember Supernatural had that stupid peashooter thing, but that's the only early bonus I remember.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Sims 2 always had preorder bonuses. My dim recollection is that some of the TS3 packs did and some didn't.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Not sure if there is any preorder bonus with the Sims 4, because I usually wait for it to be out a bit before buying it.
    I know with Sims3, supernatural had a peashooter bonus with it.
    Sims 2 I never preordered them, but they always came with a code for an item that you could get for your sims, either a clothing item or furniture item. Nothing big, but it was always something.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I learned my lesson with Get Famous. That is, I gain absolutely nothing from preordering.

Might as well wait for a sale.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It’s exciting and gives us something to look forward to in COVID times. 😊
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: