Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adults behaving like teenagers?

After moving my couple into a new house yesterday both Sims, YAs, have started to sound and behave like teens.
All of a sudden, with NO negative moodlets or needs, they slouch over, sigh, complain, and then are back to normal.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    Wow. If you use MCCC you may wish to check out which buffs they have to understand their mood. (And doing so, you can remove the ones you don't like.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    edited November 2020
    And check if they have the childish trait (a bug or glitched mod may equip a trait in some circumstances, it’s rare but can occur sometimes), and take a look at the lot traits, check if mean vibe is there.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Actually I think that might be due to the eco lifestyle exp my sims do that too but didn't start it until after I installed eco they do that even without any traits on the lot so I think it may have something to do with that.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    It might be because they don't like the decoration.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    They are idle animations added in the EL patch. Along with the "eureka" animation where sims think about something then seem to have a breakthrough. I don't have the pack and find those very annoying.

I hope they get removed in the upcoming patch. Maybe they are part of the sentiments coding.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The eureka animation makes me ☠☠☠
    I have too many mean evil vampires and it's so emmerson breaking when they do this
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    ...I think it is indeed connected to EL, BUT it also seems connected to Evergreen Harbor. I don't get it at all on lots outside EGH.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2020
    Nevermind - My previous non-constructive rant won't do anybody any good except making myself feel even worse. The best thing to do, even though this was added intentionally in the EL pre-patch, is to click 'Me too' on this post at EA Answers HQ. If enough Simmers click that, perhaps it'll be toned down in the next pre-patch for SE:

Repetitive Behavior Ah Ha! Moments

There's also this thread there for the bored animation which is what you've described in relation to the environmental score:

Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversation

I've clicked 'Me Too' on both of these topics. Cross your fingers!

EDIT again (sorry): One last thing, there is a toggle in the gameplay settings to turn this off, but it doesn't work in my experience and for many others either so that tells me that this indeed is a bug with an intended feature that needs to be fixed.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    TATI27TATI27 Posts: 2 New Member
    My adult sim keeps acting like a big kid running to the swing set every chance she gets. I'm like girl you are a mom of 3 you have no time to swing all day, its annoying
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I think it’s a bug. My Sims act disgusted or bored often, even when they are completely happy and have no relevant traits.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Nevermind - My previous non-constructive rant won't do anybody any good except making myself feel even worse. The best thing to do, even though this was added intentionally in the EL pre-patch, is to click 'Me too' on this post at EA Answers HQ. If enough Simmers click that, perhaps it'll be toned down in the next pre-patch for SE:

Repetitive Behavior Ah Ha! Moments

There's also this thread there for the bored animation which is what you've described in relation to the environmental score:

Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversation

I've clicked 'Me Too' on both of these topics. Cross your fingers!

EDIT again (sorry): One last thing, there is a toggle in the gameplay settings to turn this off, but it doesn't work in my experience and for many others either so that tells me that this indeed is a bug with an intended feature that needs to be fixed.

Thanks for the hint.
    weird that it didn't start until yesterday...
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    @Rouensims

I think it’s a bug as well. I have Sims with happy moods sighing and making comments to themselves. It’s very annoying.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    After moving my couple into a new house yesterday both Sims, YAs, have started to sound and behave like teens.
    All of a sudden, with NO negative moodlets or needs, they slouch over, sigh, complain, and then are back to normal.

LOL - This makes me think of the commercial that has a couple, after they buy their first house, behaving like their parents (I think it's a Progressive insurance commercial) it's hysterical.

The opposite sounds funny also.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Beardedgeek You're welcome! :) It is interesting how it only started just recently for you given I and others have had this happening ever since the EL pre-patch. Moving them to a new house seems to be the trigger in your case for whatever reason. Is it a new save as well? Just curious...
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @Beardedgeek You're welcome! :) It is interesting how it only started just recently for you given I and others have had this happening ever since the EL pre-patch. Moving them to a new house seems to be the trigger in your case for whatever reason. Is it a new save as well? Just curious...

No, I started the save when I installed Eco Lifestyle some 3 weeks ago.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    That's sounds like an episode of buffy 😂, ooh dear lol, parents acting like their teenager, that could be used in a sims story
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

Adults behaving like teens... Never heard of that before...
    ^sarcasm^
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I've noticed my sims doing that too but I couldn't figure out why.
  • Options
    I've noticed my sims doing that too but I couldn't figure out why.

My problem is that if the checkbox is unchecked then a lot of neat stuff like different sensitivity to fire for different walls and floors stop working to...