Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ever hated your (sim) children?

2...Next

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I usually kind of hate them when they grow up to teens. It's always such a shock how they look and takes time to adapt and rethink their character.
  • SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 160 Member
    Yes
    This was loooong ago, I played The Sims 2 and had a family with lots of kids. I decided to adopt two kids and they both had awful game-generated Finnish names (I play in Finnish but my names are usually not) and I could't change them... Also their faces didn't really... well, please me and couldn't chance them eather. So these two were kids I really disliked even after they grew up and if I remember right the other one had a sad end with fire in his kitchen...
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Yes
    I am currently loving my sims' kids atm. However, I havr encountered some absolute little horrors in past generations! One of them I deleted lol
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Obligatory Justine
    I don't remember such case so I guess not.

Anyhow, I hate lots of IRL children. Except mine, mine is perfectly splendid, of course :D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Yes
    I hate children when they make messes. Not toddlers, because it's fine and expected from such a small kid even irl. But children, who already go to school but constantly splash paint all over the floor in a five star restaurant, should be strictly punished >:)

But seriously, it's nothing personal, just a stupid game mechanics. Usually I don't hate kids in the game, however I find child life stage quite boring. Toddlers are way more adorable in my opinion. Way more needy too, of course. Bit when they're fully skilled, they are quite independent!
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Normally I don't hate the sim children, but a few children I didn't love either. One was the child of Morgyn Ember, it was not her fault, I just changed my mind, that this couple shouldn't have a child yet. Morgyn in this specific game was a global superstar in the social media career and I wanted to play the career and fame further. With a child he and my sim wouldn't have enough time to meet their fans in different locations. I had reloaded this game from a earlier save.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I really like the more demanding ones, then I do not put as much effort in to those who not stand out. If a couple of Sims get three children, the last one is probably the one I just pay much of attention to.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Yes
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    I like him! But yes lol. I'm hating on ALL the kids right now. Their parents for countless generations are fit low fat and healthy and every.. single.... kid is aging up with a giant belly. They don't get over fed and only get salad when they do..... well now they're also getting diet icecream.
    Fish taco’s have lower calories than salad

Thanks Ill try those! I think it's a bug though, they're thin til they do the age up twirl.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I did a game where I created 3 black eyes children and their ghost caretaker, (Google if you don't know the myth). They had to survive by getting in to other sims houses and taking food. Once they hit teen they came in to their powers 'spellcasters' and burnt everyones house down. Most satisfying child sims ever.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Yes
    I downloaded some mages from Maxis' Gallery one time and really liked the female's look so I made her a main. She married one of the best looking male sims I could find and they ended up having children. The first born was a boy and by the time he reached teen years he had a large flat face and an expression like you make when you're about to sneeze but it won't come out. I couldn't stand it. Every time I saw his big old weird face coming through the door I considered just deleting him.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    Not a parent irl and not aspiring to be one either. I have no complaints about toddlers, but there have been several children I've deleted because I could not stand them. I hate how they would spend every waking minute chatting with whoever happens to be around (including random adult strangers), like, get a life? Go play with your million toys and shut up. I used to dislike kids even more, but disabling making messes and asking for an advice has helped a bit. There have been some children I've enjoyed playing, but mostly it's counting days for them to age up to teens. Once they are teens, they usually start to interest me again, if not, they are to be either deleted or moved out and never interracted with again.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is wrong with you?
    Sims children aren't interesting enough for me to have strong feelings for them.

I hear that the Parenting pack helps with that, but honestly I had plenty of trying to instill values in my real-life child, and I don't want to have to worry about values and homework projects for pretend children too. I also don't want to do pretend laundry. Just saying.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Yes
    I rarely play the game with children (had to move the words around, the first time I typed what I meant it sounded way weird - LOL)

But, I usually age them up very quickly when I do have them in game. Wish we could send them to boarding school (or can we and I just have forgotten)

IRL - I don't have kids either. I like them from a distance.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited October 2020
    CelSims wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I did a game where I created 3 black eyes children and their ghost caretaker, (Google if you don't know the myth). They had to survive by getting in to other sims houses and taking food. Once they hit teen they came in to their powers 'spellcasters' and burnt everyones house down. Most satisfying child sims ever.

@CelSims great idea! 😂
    Now I want a farm pack and a world with large cornfields so i can play Children of the Corn.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is wrong with you?
    Wish we could send them to boarding school (or can we and I just have forgotten)

There is (sadly) no boarding school. There was in Sims 3, it came with the Generations pack, and I used it almost every time. I sent little Sims off to get skilled before they were really interesting, and sometimes they came home with new traits. It was fun.

4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't like kids and teens in this game. Parenthood ruined them. I just want to scream when a see that teen walk they get for no reason. My teens are well fed and happy then all the sudden a phase makes me want to kill them. Kids are squeaky with the same 4 aspirations. I dislike character values and ask for advice. I want to opt out like I can for fame. I do not play with kids and teens for long. They are repetitive and dramatic. I am finished as soon as the last toddler ages up. Move on to the next story. I want to play the game. I don't want the game to play me. I have played with parenthood disabled but missed the build/buy so now I just avoid kids and teens as much as I can.

I love all toddlers!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I’m sims 4 no I don’t think I have hated them. In sims 3 I think there was the odd child I didn’t like and I hated children in general in sims 1 I was always neglecting them to ship them off to military school. I never knew what military school was until I watched Malcolm in the middle and discovered it’s a type of school in America children who struggled or badly misbehaved in mainstream schools went to. Oddly I miss that aspect from sims 1.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes
    Sometimes they just look or act weird. The best way I can explain it is that you feel extra affronted that your handmade, lovely Sims made this random, townie abomination. Occasionally it happens that get one you genuinely despise. Even when I don't, I usually edit them early. You can call it bonding, I guess.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Yes
    In the days before toddlers, I had a baby who cried non-stop, no matter how much attention he got. I ended up locking the door to his room until he aged up. When he became a child, I gave him the evil trait and moved him in with another family. I later learned that babies cry non-stop after a family member dies, so now I feel bad that I neglected a baby who just missed his grandparents.