Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for the Livestream

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    My question would be: I see we are getting ability to use the rental lot system in any world. Will we also be able to turn existing rental lots, such as the ones in Salvadorada, in to residential ones?

I would think so.
  • Options
    So will Thunder Snow be in the game if people don't have Seasons?
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    My question would be: I see we are getting ability to use the rental lot system in any world. Will we also be able to turn existing rental lots, such as the ones in Salvadorada, in to residential ones?

I would think so.

Having seen the Tweet about the 50x50 lot that we can 'build as we please', my bets are that my worries are correct. That is a very odd phrase to use if there isn't lots on the map that are locked to be what Maxis has decided they should be be.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

I would think so.

Having seen the Tweet about the 50x50 lot that we can 'build as we please', my bets are that my worries are correct. That is a very odd phrase to use if there isn't lots on the map that are locked to be what Maxis has decided they should be be.

I would think since we have rentals we can change any premade residential lot to a rental like we can to any other lot and we'd also have the option to make it a rental if we build on the said empty lot.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    quinhobp wrote: »
    The shoes-off functionality, how it will work? The shoe will disappear when we take it off, or it will be placed in that shoe hack we have (the one showed in gameplay trailer), if the second option is the correct, the shoe hack will have the chest function now?
    Or maybe we will have our shoe in our inventory?

i think it'd work through putting a shoes-off lot trait or putting a wooden sign on a lot whichh will then enable it's functionality similar to how we put hamper on a lot which enables the laundry system.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    So will Thunder Snow be in the game if people don't have Seasons?

Because the trailer shows snowing on the mountain top (and they normally only use the base game and the new pack), I'm of the opinion that Snowy Escape has it's on weather system on top of the mountain (not down below, for that you need Seasons) so blizzards are a mountain top thing only and only come in the Snowy Escape pack.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member

I came in here to add the same question. If we can on vacation in residential worlds, does this also mean we can live in vacation worlds?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited October 2020
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I came in here to add the same question. If we can on vacation in residential worlds, does this also mean we can live in vacation worlds?
    I thought that we could live in those world just by simply extending the vacation time over and over again.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

I thought that we could live in those world just by simply extending the vacation time over and over again.

That's what I've done in the past with my rich sims. I build and decorate a rental house and when I send them there. it's like it their house and because, when you're not playing a vacation world, no other sim rents that house, it's as if it's a private dwelling.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

That is true. But what about sending sims to work or school? If I remember correctly sims can't have a baby on vacation or attend university. I have a sim who spent more time in selvadorada than at home. But I would like her to live there properly.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member

I read on a blogpost that destination worls will stay as they are.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited October 2020
    1. Can we change the height of the new platform tool to make it taller and add stairs to it or is it always the same height?* Yes.
    2. Can we change the platform edge texture with the foundation textures?* Yes.
    3. Can we add doors on top of a platform?* Yes.
    4. Is the snowboard halfpipe from TS3 Seasons returning in this pack?
    5. I've noticed the sims in the Onsen bathhouse shower in their swimsuits. Is that a lot type thing or is the new wall shower specifically that makes sims shower in their swimsuits? If we place that shower in a residential lot will sims shower in their swimsuits or nude?
    6. Can sims use that mirror attached to the new shower or is that just for decoration? And is there a version of that shower without the mirror?
    7. Since the hot springs are basically a huge in-ground version of hot tubs, are we getting regular-size (compared to Perfect Patio ones) in-ground hot tubs in this pack?
    8. Is that pool fountain attached to the indoor hot spring or is that a new pool decoration that can be used with any pool?
    9. If you have Seasons installed, how is summer in Mt. Komorebi? Will there still be snow in summer?
    10. Sims taking off their shoes when entering the house is a new lot trait, or object/door or a world-specific thing?* It's an object (a wall sign).
    11. Is the hot pot only for the kotatsu table or is that a separate object that we can place on a regular table too?
    12. Is the Teppanyaki grill from TS3 Store returning in this pack?
    13. Do the vending machines come in more neutral swatches as well without the Japanese writing on them so they don't look out of place when used in other worlds?
    14. In the trailers there are some hairs in colors that we are not used to (such as dark blond/light brown, pastel green). Are those colors tied to those specific hairs or are getting more hair swatches for all hairs in the new patch?

*These questions were answered by watching the GameChanger build videos.
    Post edited by lexus20 on
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »

Zerbu has a mod that turns vacation worlds in residential words. I suppose that if you use it you'll be able to do that.
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited October 2020
    Will pets get additional content too? For example jump onto a slide with a kid or something(dogs).
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Yuna wrote: »
    Will pets get additional content too? For example jump onto a slide with a kid or something(dogs).

I am wondering the same thing. I am hoping for toboggan rides with pets as i can just see scooby's ears flapping in the wind going down the mountain :)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Will we be able to do the snow sports or at least sledding in other worlds if we have high enough hills? It would be awesome use of the terrain tool!!
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Phantasi33 wrote: »

Zerbu has a mod that turns vacation worlds in residential words. I suppose that if you use it you'll be able to do that.

So if the MODers can do it, why no EA? @SimGuruGeorge ? Where would the game be without amazing people doing mods!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Can we convert rentals into residental lot type or do we have to bulldoze them?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    ejiofor1995ejiofor1995 Posts: 19 Member
    [quote="lexus20;c-17707738"]1. Can we change the height of the new platform tool to make it taller and add stairs to it or is it always the same height?
    2. Can we change the platform edge texture with the foundation textures?
    3. Can we add doors on top of a platform?
    4. Is the snowboard halfpipe from TS3 Seasons returning in this pack?
    5. I've noticed the sims in the Onsen bathhouse shower in their swimsuits. Is that a lot type thing or is the new wall shower specifically that makes sims shower in their swimsuits? If we place that shower in a residential lot will sims shower in their swimsuits or nude?
    6. Can sims use that mirror attached to the new shower or is that just for decoration? And is there a version of that shower without the mirror?
    7. Since the hot springs are basically a huge in-ground version of hot tubs, are we getting regular-size (compared to Perfect Patio ones) in-ground hot tubs in this pack?
    8. Is that pool fountain attached to the indoor hot spring or is that a new pool decoration that can be used with any pool?
    9. If you have Seasons installed, how is summer in Mt. Komorebi? Will there still be snow in summer?
    10. Sims taking off their shoes when entering the house is a new lot trait, or object/door or a world-specific thing?
    11. Is the hot pot only for the kotatsu table or is that a separate object that we can place on a regular table too?
    12. Is the Teppanyaki grill from TS3 Store returning in this pack?
    13. Do the vending machines come in more neutral swatches as well without the Japanese writing on them so they don't look out of place when used in other worlds?
    14. In the trailers there are some hairs in colors that we are not used to (such as dark blond/light brown, pastel green). Are those colors tied to those specific hairs or are getting more hair swatches for all hairs in the new patch?[/quote]

To Question 1, it looks like yes and yes from
    The game changers build videos
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Will all destination worlds be changed to mixed lots -- residential as well as rental properties? I would like Selvadorada to be a residential world.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Can we stack or overlap platforms? Can we raise one up to make a sleeping platform and use the space underneath?
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Can we stack or overlap platforms? Can we raise one up to make a sleeping platform and use the space underneath?

Simlicy stacked two platforms to get a lowered entrance, a "normal heigh (one platform) hallway and then another platform to get an even more raised dining area, I saw in her video. But nobody talks about raising it above a floor, meaning you must have a surface to rest it on probably.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2020
    Are there futon, or just normal beds?
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    What about tea?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    What about tea?

No tea, just some decorative tea tins. Simlicy showed the base game tea maker in her video. Either tea is embargoed till tomorrow or it's not there.