Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About The Snowy Escape Gameplay Trailer

1235...Next

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    This is probably an unpopular opinion but I didn't like the voiceover from the trailer. It reminded me of Julia Wright's voiceover from the Discover University's gameplay trailer. Not that I have a problem with her voice per se, but in the way she spoke which made me associate that kind of personality with Julia, especially when she said, "Okay, storytime!" This new sim just doesn't give me that vibe.

Lol I'm nitpicking. I'm still going to purchase the heck out of this expansion pack. :lol:

I wasn't a fan either. Sounds so young and I feel like I'm being talked down to a bit. Getting old I suppose. And I found the story about how she met her girlfriend or wife to be unnecessary. Because that whole little section didn't tell me anything about the actual game pack. It's great that the sims that may come with the pack have actual families and backgrounds but it's time in a trailer I'd rather be used showing off the expac.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    50540157613_315251c2c9_b.jpg
    Is this a new type of (buildable) pool or just an object?
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    There is one thing that caught my eye.

Will sims finally start removing their shoes when they get indoors? If they do, is it limited to the new world?

I'm from a country where people do remove their shoes when they get inside homes. Because of that, I'd even go as far as to say it's barbarian to be in someone's home with outdoor shoes on (unless it is being built or for other reasons). Why get that dirtiness in?

I mean there is already a mod that does just that. So props to TheSims for adding that 6years after the game launched . Can they now make sure, that Sims change into their everyday clothing when inside, after a long and cold hiking trip with their cold weather outfit, so i can remove that mod as well.
    Thanks.

Hopefully they really hike together, next to each other and not just run closely but behind each other. But its a great step from outdoor retreat, where the sim can only hike alone.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

I wasn't a fan either. Sounds so young and I feel like I'm being talked down to a bit. Getting old I suppose. And I found the story about how she met her girlfriend or wife to be unnecessary. Because that whole little section didn't tell me anything about the actual game pack. It's great that the sims that may come with the pack have actual families and backgrounds but it's time in a trailer I'd rather be used showing off the expac.

Good to know that I'm not alone here. I'm in my early twenties, but I cannot relate to that at all. None of my close friends around my age speak that way either. Perhaps extended friend groups when they get excited, and even then it's a bit off-putting. :grimace:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I’m still excited for this pack. I don’t feel like I learned anything new. I do think that the lifestyle and sentiments aren’t going to be as game changing as people imagined. But I have always thought that.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    There are lesbians in the pack! I'm pleasantly surprised. And the no-phone lifestyle makes me want to send little heart icons to the sims team on the sim's twitter. What a relief! No mods needed now, yet again. It's like all my wishes comes true. I could even put up with the, slightly, cringy voiceover. The plattform looks the same in every picture, so it might not be flexible in the same way as a foundation, I'm happy about it anyway.
    The presentation of the relationship I will guess have to do with the sentiments, and how the bonding, perhaps tied to the unlocked lifestyles, works. I am even more excited about this pack than before!
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I liked the trailer and blog and it breathed new life into the pack.

Things that I hope for are as follows from what I have heard about.
    1. Sims actually walk together when hiking
    2. The festival of youth integrates voidcriter cards and battle station from kids room for those who have it.
    3. Festivals come with new interactions and not just base game animations or new talking topics like talk about lights.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    So... the new expansion pack includes ANOTHER lesbian couple... so how many lesbian couples exist in the game VS gay male couples now?

We got one in 'Island Life' and two in 'Eco Lifestyle'... and another in 'Snowy Escape'... meanwhile, we still only have ONE gay male couple (introduced in 'Cats & Dogs')... people think this is LGBT representation, but it's not. It's lesbian representation. EA clearly has an anti-gay male bias and it shows.

And yes, this is becoming increasingly annoying. I'm sick of people acting like lesbians (the most accepted member of the LGBT community) are so groundbreaking and count for all LGBT representation. Especially when most people who are okay with lesbians often don't feel the same way about gay men... also, where's the transgender representation!? We've yet to see any of that at all.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »

It would appear to be an indoor hot spring as opposed to the natural outdoor hot spring we've seen before. Both would be objects like a hot tub.
    I’m still excited for this pack. I don’t feel like I learned anything new. I do think that the lifestyle and sentiments aren’t going to be as game changing as people imagined. But I have always thought that.

It seems that they might last a while if not forever unlike a buff that goes quickly away or is replaced. One blog said that a friend was attacked by an electric bug and she was holding a grudge and, possibly, may never forget. So, I'm hoping they last longer. Like never forgiving a cheating spouse.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Hmm... I'm wondering whether the hot springs are in build mode rather than objects. That indoor one sure looks like a built pool to me.
    Hmm... I'm wondering whether the hot springs are in build mode rather than objects. That indoor one sure looks like a built pool to me.

I think they are both objects, like a hot tub.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    @Dannydanbo you're probably right, but it would be pretty cool if they were pools.

We could just add a hot spring option like we add the different coloured waters, and maybe they update the shapes so we can build circular bits. And stairs going down under the water.

One can dream.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I wanted to see more of the lifestyles feature.

Also, I'm concerned that the Japanese influence spills out into the other worlds. It's not much of an escape otherwise.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    “Lifestyles are an expression of a Sim’s behaviors and habits over time. A Sim can only work towards or against a lifestyle so much in a given day" (emphasis mine).

I'm unsure about this new Lifestyle system. Sounds more like a mix for potential Emotions overriding and spamming interactions to me. For example, Energetic sims will want to exercise all the time. Indoorsy sims will get Tense if they spend time outdoors, etc. This happens with the Get Famous quirks. The most common one is the refined palate where sims get Uncomfortable for eating normal food.

It also reminds me of the NAPs from Eco Lifestyle. Performing actions under a determined "behavioral game rule" is the second reason I decided to not get that pack. Too many autonomy issues.

It sounds more like the Lifestyles will have more impact on Sims' autonomous actions. For example, Energetic Sims might be more likely to autonomously go for a jog, or even just head outside to meet people while Sedentary might be more likely to watch TV or spend a lot of time on the computer. And the fact they can only work so much towards a Lifestyle each day means that they're not going to instantaneously gain a particular lifestyle, so if you don't want them getting a certain one just make sure to have them do other things -- so if you don't want your Sim to be Energetic, make sure they have enough down time reading or watching TV or hanging out on the computer.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »

It's a new hottub.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    @Dannydanbo you're probably right, but it would be pretty cool if they were pools.

We could just add a hot spring option like we add the different coloured waters, and maybe they update the shapes so we can build circular bits. And stairs going down under the water.

One can dream.

Their new hottubs. They can be found in plumbing with the tubs.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    “Lifestyles are an expression of a Sim’s behaviors and habits over time. A Sim can only work towards or against a lifestyle so much in a given day" (emphasis mine).

I'm unsure about this new Lifestyle system. Sounds more like a mix for potential Emotions overriding and spamming interactions to me. For example, Energetic sims will want to exercise all the time. Indoorsy sims will get Tense if they spend time outdoors, etc. This happens with the Get Famous quirks. The most common one is the refined palate where sims get Uncomfortable for eating normal food.

It also reminds me of the NAPs from Eco Lifestyle. Performing actions under a determined "behavioral game rule" is the second reason I decided to not get that pack. Too many autonomy issues.

It sounds more like the Lifestyles will have more impact on Sims' autonomous actions. For example, Energetic Sims might be more likely to autonomously go for a jog, or even just head outside to meet people while Sedentary might be more likely to watch TV or spend a lot of time on the computer. And the fact they can only work so much towards a Lifestyle each day means that they're not going to instantaneously gain a particular lifestyle, so if you don't want them getting a certain one just make sure to have them do other things -- so if you don't want your Sim to be Energetic, make sure they have enough down time reading or watching TV or hanging out on the computer.

I was thinking of NAPs because I'm a rotational player. So I was visualizing my sims obsessing over a Lifestyle while I'm playing another household. I foresee that the Lifestyles won't have much to offer beyond spammy autonomous interactions. And giving temporary buffs.

One can dream.

Their new hottubs. They can be found in plumbing with the tubs.

They are new hot springs objects like hot tubs are an object or showers are an object, but they are not hot tubs or showers. They are a new object.
  • ejiofor1995ejiofor1995 Posts: 19 Member
    Another website (screenrant) posted you can have up to 3 Lifestyles at a time
    Another website (screenrant) posted you can have up to 3 Lifestyles at a time

I didn't occur to me that you could have more than one, but it makes sense.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    So rather than providing a moodlet if these new lifestyles affect autonomy itself then that may give a little more to the sims individually. With the GF vain quirk, for example, it just gave a tense moodlet that could be removed by looking at oneself in the mirror. But this action needed to be directed by the player.

I'm hoping they take the route of putting drive into the autonomy while at the same time I am a little scared because as we've seen with the Eco Lifestyle EP that when the developers take over autonomous actions it's either all or nothing. :fearful:

Going back to the blog where they mentioned:
    Lifestyles manifest in response to your Sim's actions and habits, changing their behaviors appropriately.

It seems like Lifestyles should have an affect on autonomy. To be sure we'll have to wait and see.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there, I just removed a few posts for flaming/baiting/trolling.
    Please keep things on track in this thread (and in line with the forum rules), remember to be kind to each other, and continue to voice your constructive feedback on Snowy Escape.

Thank you!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    It looks like the last two lifestyles in the window visible in the screenshot might be inferred to be 'family-oriented' vs 'romantically inclined'/ aka 'player'.