Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    I have updated my entry form with the download link to my build
  • OrdalyaOrdalya Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi !

I did try last year (i believe) to complete a challenge - didn't manage to finish it. But I finished this one ! It was hard for we to work with this fundation : it's way bigger than most of my build ! I was lost at first.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #231 Fall Designer Showdown

NAME: Ordalya

LINK TO LOT: i will not share the lot for i have used to many CC and don't remember all the name of the content creators and their terms of use.

LINK TO MEDIA: https://ordalyaspixelhomes.tumblr.com/post/633242080084377600/my-entry-for-the-bns231-%C2%BD-foundation-imposed
    https://ordalyaspixelhomes.tumblr.com/post/633242243035168768/my-entry-for-the-bns231-22-foundation-imposed

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: NA
    LEVEL: intermediate (probably - it's the first time i complete this challenge, but i mostly build house in game so maybe advanced)
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40*40, 180 redwood pkwy, final cost : 176 605 §

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Exclusivity ! On a lot facing the sea, you'll find this atypical house, sun-drenched by the south-facing greenhouse. On the first floor : entrance hall, dining room, kitchen and sitting room designed on a open plan, a bed room, a bathroom and a laudry room.
    On the second floor : 3 more bedrooms and 1 bathroom
    On the third floor : a large mezzanine, a bed room and a small bathroom.

5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, open plan kitchen/living room.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: oh boy ! here we go
    Angela, anoeska, Ats3, baufive, BuffSumm, denizzo_ist, durham, DOT, exoticelements3, lulu 265, MarcusSims91, Mutske, nanu, pocci (gardenbreeze), pyszny, Qbuilderz, Severinka, Wondymoon

TUMBLR LINK: https://ordalyaspixelhomes.tumblr.com/
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: https://ordalyaspixelhomes.tumblr.com/post/633243475181240321/la-petite-borde
    (For the picture of the foundation + grid. I'm sorry i didn't manage to put a picture directly in the post, i'll try again tomorrow if i have time and if i find out how i can do it - i don't have time right now - real life happened :/ )
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Ordalya wrote: »
    Hi !

I did try last year (i believe) to complete a challenge - didn't manage to finish it. But I finished this one ! It was hard for we to work with this fundation : it's way bigger than most of my build ! I was lost at first.

NAME: Ordalya

LINK TO LOT: i will not share the lot for i have used to many CC and don't remember all the name of the content creators and their terms of use.

LINK TO MEDIA: https://ordalyaspixelhomes.tumblr.com/post/633242080084377600/my-entry-for-the-bns231-½-foundation-imposed
    https://ordalyaspixelhomes.tumblr.com/post/633242243035168768/my-entry-for-the-bns231-22-foundation-imposed

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: NA
    LEVEL: intermediate (probably - it's the first time i complete this challenge, but i mostly build house in game so maybe advanced)
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40*40, 180 redwood pkwy, final cost : 176 605 §

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Exclusivity ! On a lot facing the sea, you'll find this atypical house, sun-drenched by the south-facing greenhouse. On the first floor : entrance hall, dining room, kitchen and sitting room designed on a open plan, a bed room, a bathroom and a laudry room.
    On the second floor : 3 more bedrooms and 1 bathroom
    On the third floor : a large mezzanine, a bed room and a small bathroom.

5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, open plan kitchen/living room.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: oh boy ! here we go
    Angela, anoeska, Ats3, baufive, BuffSumm, denizzo_ist, durham, DOT, exoticelements3, lulu 265, MarcusSims91, Mutske, nanu, pocci (gardenbreeze), pyszny, Qbuilderz, Severinka, Wondymoon

TUMBLR LINK: https://ordalyaspixelhomes.tumblr.com/
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: https://ordalyaspixelhomes.tumblr.com/post/633243475181240321/la-petite-borde
    (For the picture of the foundation + grid. I'm sorry i didn't manage to put a picture directly in the post, i'll try again tomorrow if i have time and if i find out how i can do it - i don't have time right now - real life happened :/ )

image.png
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @ordalya Don't fret about not being able to post pictures, you can't yet as a 'new member'. You need 30 posts and... I forget, so many 'likes' to become a full member. Until then you can't post pictures or live links, but it doesn't take long to get there. Welcome!

So I hadn't even loaded up the game in months, been super busy with other things, and I hadn't intended to do this month's challenge, but oh unsuspecting mortal that I am, the muse had other ideas and suddenly decided that this was exactly what I was going to do. However, I had neither the time nor energy to try to go back and fix the budget problems so I just tossed the budget (I came in around 211,000) and just did what I wanted. I did meet the other parts of the brief, though - 4 bedrooms, 3 full/2 half baths, and a laundry, no changes to the foundation. I tried to stick to one of the two yellows, but I think I ended up sort of blending both in there. But since it's not an official entry anyway I suppose it hardly matters at this point. :D

However, if y'all want to see it, here is Griffon Abbey

Griffon Abbey Photo Album
  • OrdalyaOrdalya Posts: 3 New Member
    @creativemetaphor oh ! This explains everything ;) thanks for the tip.

And I'm amazed by the houses all of you have submitted. They're so pretty
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I hope everyone helps @Ordalya become a full member by liking all the posts!
    LOVED the green house addition, the gabled windows, the overlook to down below from the landing. The layout looks good and I loved all the wood tones too. (Like you, I found the foundation size overwhelming and had to decide how much porch and balcony worked best for me.)

@creativemetaphor - Your homes are always charming. I loved the alternating DV fencing and the medieval theme throughout. The layout is great, the wood tones are inviting, and your use of MOO is truly inspiring. So glad you participated, even if some of rules were thrown out the window. That's what makes the game so much more fun, isn't it? You can start with a plan and end up with something much different.
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,062 Member
    edited October 2020
    Here is my entry. I decided to move the pool to the yard, but I kept the hot tub on the foundation. I had a difficult time keeping in budget, but I managed to squeak in under, just barely!

NAME: rnramey
    LINK TO LOT: Southwest Summer
    LINK TO MEDIA: Photos
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: Intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40. Built on 68 Gobi Road in Lucky Palms. $189,993
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Southwest Summer. This Adobe style 2-story home features colorful custom tile work throughout. There's enough living space to accommodate family and friends and plenty of outdoor places to entertain. Main level consists of open-plan LR with fireplace, kitchen with skylight, and dining, as well as a study and 1/2 bath, along with a Master Suite connecting to the Nursery via the shared bath. Second level has 2 BR w/a Jack & Jill bath with 2 patios, game room, hobby room, and laundry. There are 3 patios total, plus pool, hot tub, outdoor and indoor fireplaces, outdoor dining areas, pizza oven, grill, garage and garden.
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None used
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2) 83fJGib.jpg
    XzaPo4O.jpeg
    Post edited by rnramey on
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2020
    Very nice desert theme home @rnramey. I like that you even managed to add a garage, pool, and courtyard garden for the budget. Your palette works really well, down to the painting in the upstairs landing. Nice carry through of the tile too! I also love the outdoor fireplace and it's tile work, and yay for sneaking in the pizza oven too!
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    Southwest Summer is gorgeous inside and out, @rnramey. It definitely gives me some New Mexico vibes! Like @ciane, I love the outdoor fireplace with the tile work! I feel ya on the difficulties of staying within budget, especially since it was a big chunk of foundation!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2020
    zJULMHF.png?1

“Alexander Benedict? Where have I heard that name before?” You wonder aloud, setting aside your coffee.

“He’s a renowned explorer and collector. He has a knack for making rare discoveries and solving some of history’s mysteries along the way,” Rose reminds you.

“Oh, that’s right.” You’re anticipating the man’s arrival now, trying to imagine what he could possibly want. You don’t have long to wait, as Alex Benedict arrives minutes later.

He gives you a charming smile. “I’m running out of room for all my collections and I’m tired of people trying to break into my house to have a look,” he begins, getting right to the point as soon as introductions are exchanged.

‘I understand. How can we help?”You sense this will be more than a simple addition to an existing home and are excited by the prospect.

Alex leans forward in his chair. “I recently inherited a plot of land which would be perfect for a small museum. I’ve heard many good things about you, in particular from Mayor Rose Curtis and the Newcrest Town Council, so I’m confident you’ll be able to meet my needs.”

“It will be a pleasure working with you,” you reply. “What did you have in mind?”

“I’ve always had an interest in history, including architecture, so nothing too modern on the outside. It must have a food court.”

“We can certainly do that. What about budget?”

“I recently sold off a few specimens. Will $200,000 be enough?”

“It should be. We’re used to challenges around here.”

“Great I’m off to track a missing ship, but I should be back in two weeks.”

“Your museum will be ready by then. Good luck.”

“Thanks.” With a hearty handshake, Alex takes his leave.

The Brief:
    Budget - $200,000 (be sure to include the cost of the lot in this amount)
    Size - your choice
    This is a community venue
    Build a museum to house at least 5 collections and any additional objects of your choice.
    Include a food court for visitors
    The design should reflect a specific architectural style. It can be any style you like as long as its not too modern.

The Sim Challenge: Create Alexander Benedict.

{color=darkred]Challenge due Monday, November 30th no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York Time.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    5nd1sli.png
    #BNS232 The Collection is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    A Winter Festival Miracle
    Snowflakes drift slowly down outside. Inside, you and your employees are having a holiday party, complete with holiday carols, eggnog, and Secret Father Winter presents. It is a Saturday, so the office is closed. Everyone is laughing at a joke that Karl/Rose just read from a Winter Festival cracker when one of the other employees waves to get your attention and points at the front doors.
    Outside, a thin layer of snow on their various hats, stands a small group of hopeful teenagers. They smile and wave, so you unlock the door, wondering if they are carolers.
    “Hello,” you say with holiday cheerfulness. “how can I help?”
    A red-headed girl in a blue pom-pom hat pipes up, “We would love your help! We are from the local high school. Last summer, one of our favorite teachers, Miss Owens, came down with a rare illness. She was extremely sick for several months and ended up in the hospital. She had to sell her house to pay the hospital bills, and she has been homeless ever since. Winter Festival is her favorite holiday, and since the other teachers she usually stays with are going out of town, we want to give her a Winter Festival “miracle” by gifting her several nights stay in a local hotel. And maybe a special gift of some sort as well.”
    Another teen, a blond and burly boy, picks up the story. “We are collecting money to help Miss Owen. She is a very special lady who always makes every student feel welcome and excited about her subject. She really has a gift. We want to give her something special back for all her patience and kindness. Would any of you be willing to donate a few dollars to help us help her?”
    For a moment everything is silent in the office except for the carols. But you quickly recover from this special tale and invite the teens inside to warm up. You ask the young group several questions to get a better sense of their teacher’s situation. All your employees are also hanging on their words and thinking hard. Then you ask how much they have been able to raise so far.
    “We have nearly $3,000.00 so far,” a male in a red parka offers. “All of the teachers and staff have put in what they could, and nearly all the students have donated, too. Some kids have pledged their lunch money for the next week to help Miss Owens.”
    “A girl with very bright pink cheeks and bubble-gum pink hair adds, “We only just thought to try collecting from businesses. You are our first try. She gulps back tears as she begs you, “Oh, please say you will help us!”
    You look around at your employees, and you can almost see the wheels turning in their minds.
    “We will donate our time, right guys?” Says your construction manager, Jim. The construction crew all cheer their support of his statement.
    Rose volunteers, “Instead of sending the flooring the last client decided was wrong, we can use that. Oh, and the cabinets and kitchen appliances that we were going to donate. I can contact the local thrift stores for furniture...”
    Your man who contacts all the suppliers, Bob, butts in, “I bet we can can scrounge some supplies and materials from our suppliers if we explain the situation. And remind them of the season.” He smiles broadly as the others all laugh.
    Your newest employee, Marvin from interior design, says, “And I happen to have a lot that I will donate. Since the wedding is now permanently off, I would rather see it go to a good cause then to have to brood over what might have been.”
    You give Marvin a quick hug, and he smiles.
    Other employees also speak up with ideas and donations. Within ten minutes, a plan to donate a small cottage to the teacher in great need is in the works. Several people are already on the phones, working hard with their connects to see just how much they can come up with.
    You turn to the now hopeful and more cheerful teenagers. “Please, continue on to the other businesses, showing this business card to them and letting them know that we are willing to build Miss Owens a home. Any plants, furniture, building materials, or donations of money or services will be greatly appreciated. Let’s make this Winter Festival Miracle happen!”
    The cheers and whistles drown out even the carols.
    The Brief:
    *Due December 31, 2020.
    *Chose a small lot (no bigger than 30x20). The cost of the lot is NOT included in the budget this time.
    *The budget is $32,500.
    *The house needs to have at least one bedroom and one bathroom.
    *Include a kitchen and eating area, a living room area, and a book corner with a desk.
    *Fully landscape the lot.
    **Please take pictures in summer, but also include a few pictures of winter/holiday at least of the outside as well.**
    The Sims Challenge:
    *create Miss Owens and some of her teen-aged students. Show them enjoying the new cottage.
    *include their clothing choices, traits, likes, etc.

{color=darkred]Challenge due Thursday, December 31st no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York Time.[/color]
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Did we ever get advanced results for #225?
    @BuildnShare - Are the challenges still being judged for Sims 3? I submitted an entry for #231 along with a couple of other people, and there has been no mention of them being received or judged. Other people, like @aricarai and @seaben have asked about other challenges. If they are not being judged, that's OK, I would just like to know. I am aware people volunteer to do these, so I am not expecting for it to happen. I am just hoping for some information. Thanks for posting the challenges every month! Hope you and yours are staying safe and well.

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Hello everyone! Is anyone submitting this challenge? If not, can you take a minute to say why? Thanks! Maybe this will help.
    5nd1sli.png
    #BNS233 A Winter Festival Miracle is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2021
    8IyLshw.jpg

It is time for the designer showcase showdown! Please download the lot at Winter Designer Showdown BNS234 by TresaofPern - The Exchange - Community - The Sims 3

In the showdown, you have a foundation to start with.. Place the lot on any lot sized 30x20 or larger, in any direction that will fit. Your goal is to build a vacation retreat for either one person or a small family or group who want to celebrate in privacy or isolation, rather than having a huge party with lots of friends and family. The holiday can be any you like, for any season. You may not add anything to increase the size of the foundation given, except if adding stairs makes you add a space. You can build only on the foundation given. You can put walls of any kind and fences anywhere you wish on the foundation.
    Rules:
    *NO changes to the foundation size or shape, except if adding stairs automatically adds a space
    *No basements.
    *You can build in the yard as long as it is not attached to the house. Any required rooms cannot be off of the foundation.
    *You can use any fences, walls, windows, and doors that you wish. You can designate any space on the foundation as a porch or room (so indoor or outdoor space).
    *The lot must be fully landscaped.

The Brief:
    *the budget is $75,000, which includes the lot as is.
    *The house should have:
    *At least 1 bedroom
    *At least 1 bathroom.
    *A kitchen and place to eat.
    *Any other rooms or areas you wish to include.
    *The build can be as many floors as you want up but no basements.
    *Please include a picture of the ground floor from overhead with the grid on so that we can verify no changes were made to the foundation.
    Due to the nature of the build, there is not a Sims challenge this month.

Challenge due Sunday, January 31st, 2021, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York Time
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Thank you for the exchange link to the lot @suzses I'm going to definitely take part I'm this months challenge it sounds like fun I'm already getting some idea's for this :)
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    think I will do this one
    @BuildnShare - Are the challenges still being judged for Sims 3? I submitted an entry for #231 along with a couple of other people, and there has been no mention of them being received or judged. Other people, like @aricarai and @seaben have asked about other challenges. If they are not being judged, that's OK, I would just like to know. I am aware people volunteer to do these, so I am not expecting for it to happen. I am just hoping for some information. Thanks for posting the challenges every month! Hope you and yours are staying safe and well.

**Reposting this in case it wasn't seen last month.**

@rnramey we are hoping for this challenge to be judged :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    TsrEo1w.png
    Attention Beginner Entrants for #229 - La Casa Dello Splendore

Your results are now available here
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    5nd1sli.png
    #BNS235 Winter Designer Showdown is closed! The new challenge will be posted tomorrow.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    07koCTu.jpg
    "Come in," you call out when you hear a knock on the door.
    You look up from the blueprints you were checking as the door opens and people start pouring into your office. You greet them and lead them over to the conference room so everyone can have a seat.
    "Hello," the man says crisply. "I am Dan Bradley. And this beautiful lady is my bride-to-be, Agatha Hornsby." The woman flutters her fingers at you. "These three boys are mine. Henry is 15, Harold is 10, and Robbie is 6. Agatha's three girls are Katie, aged 14: Sherry is 9; and Mindy is 5. And this is our maid, Beatrice Woolworth."
    You smile and nod at everyone.
    "We are getting married next month," Mr. Bradley continues, "and we have decided to move into Agatha's house in Sunset Valley. The problem is that the house only has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. Obviously, seven people need more in the way of space. We need a master bedroom with an ensuite. Beatrice needs her own bedroom and bathroom. All of the girls can share one bedroom, and all the boys can share another bedroom. We will need two more bathrooms for the kids, and a powder room on the main floor for guests. And all the usual rooms: a kitchen, a living room, a study, and a laundry room. A place to grill outside, and a place for the kids to play."
    Agatha speaks up. "I love the look of my home, so can you keep the style of the house the same as much as possible? You can use any pieces of furniture from the house. Feel free to paint anything you wish to."
    "Okay," you say, scanning your notes. "I just need to know the budget and the address."
    "With our savings and the cash wedding presents, we have $70,000," Mr. Bradley says.
    Agatha hands you the address on a sheet of paper. (Capitola A in Sunset Valley, 15 Maywood Lane -valued at $56,052 currently)
    "That sounds great! I can certainly have that ready for you to move in by the end of this month," you say cheerily. "And congratulations on your wedding!"
    The Brief:
    *due February 28, 2021
    *your budget is $70,000 over the current cost of the lot.
    *remodel the current house on the lot to include the following:
    *a master bedroom with ensuite.
    *a bedroom and bathroom for Beatrice.
    *a bedroom for the girls and another for the boys.
    *2 bathrooms for the kids to use and a powder room on the first floor.
    *a kitchen, a living room, a study, and a laundry room.
    *a grilling area and a play area outside.
    *landscape the lot.
    *keep the style of the house.
    *use anything from the house. You may “paint” any object in the house currently to use for the remodel.

The Sims Challenge:
    *create the Bradley Bunch, excluding Beatrice.
    *show their clothing choices and them in their new home.
    *include LTW and likes, skills, etc.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top