Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »

Ooops, they took it down. Somebody managed to read it whole? I've read about two new aspirations, festivals and a brief mention that all worlds can now be treated as vacation (but no details) and now it's gone...

I read it all, from what I can remember:

All worlds can be treated as a vacation world.

Two new woohoo spots, the hot springs and the ice cave.

Two new deaths, vending machine and falling off a cliff.

Some new festivals, one for children which includes void critter hunting (like pokemon go), a festival of lights and I can't remember the other one.

You can go hiking as a proper group activity, up to four sims, one is the leader and you get options and such (chance cards maybe, I can't remember exactly).

New weather is thundersnow storms where you can get caught in storms - this is covered in the blog post.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    This is looking so good now.. I am pleased that vacation worlds will be in all worlds and was wondering as swimming in the lake was added to this world if they will open up the ability to swim in other worlds too.. I like the way there appears to be plenty of activities for kids and hiking is a group experience. I cannot wait for the Livestream :)
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited October 2020
    @CelSims @JemmaTheSimmer @crocobaura thank you so much! So many things that sounds really cool!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I really hope the vacation change works both ways and we are able to live in the destination worlds. I suspect they're going to remain rental only though so I'm not getting excited until I know either way.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I'm really excited that they're doing the festival thing again in this pack. I enjoy that a lot from City Living and it's fantastic to think my sims can actually enjoy this kind of thing while on holiday now as well. 💖
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I really hope the vacation change works both ways and we are able to live in the destination worlds. I suspect they're going to remain rental only though so I'm not getting excited until I know either way.

I hope for this as well. This will be such a great addition. Can't wait for Livestream to learn more.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    There is so much to take in. Between the trailer and the leaked info. I'm just still super excited for this. The last two EP's broadened my game and gave me things to do but this world and everything .. I just want to immerse my sims in it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Everything in the leaked page sounds amazing, although it does beg the question of why wasn't 90% of that in the gameplay trailer.

I love that there is a children's festival-kids were so left out of the festivals in City Living and Island Living, so it's nice to see one especially for them here. Crafting paper hats sounds adorable, and I love that they continue to add to the Void Critters with the "Pokemon Go" game. It really does seem like they've made an effort to include all age groups, which is always nice to see. Toddlers can sled and craft at the festival, and kids can start to learn to snowboard and ski. Also-school uniforms!

I'm also really excited that they've started to get more creative with the social event system beyond "here's a new theme of party." The Mountain Excursion as a social event sounds like fun, but I'm also excited to see what they could do with this system in the future outside of "a party where we eat" or "a party where we wear costumes".

I'm genuinely curious why Lifestyles were featured in the trailer but Sentiments weren't. From what I saw of the Lifestyle system, it seems to be taking some cues from both Get Famous's perk and quirk system and Parenthood's character value system, while Sentiments resembles a memory system like the one in TS2, where Sims' memories affected their mood. I'll be interested to see how they show this off in a live stream.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    We can vacation in all worlds 😃😃😃 I think I have startled my neighbours by my shrieks of joy. I’m so happy this is the best update ever.
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Some little details are sooooo nice
    The shoe thing, the uniform, and the food option makes me so happy! 😍😍

Here in my house we take the shoes off now (coronavirus), and some of my sims will do the same
  • Options
    Felice_EnellenFelice_Enellen Posts: 102 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sims can eat with chopsticks.
    Pretty sure sims have been able to eat with chopsticks since City Living. There's even a skill they can improve.
    Two new deaths and two new woohoo spots.
    More suspicious people might not consider these matching counts to be a coincidence.

Be careful where you woohoo on a mountain.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @simgirl1010

Thanks for the interactive map it was great to be able to take a look at the lots and surrounding mountains/countryside :)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    Thanks for all the information! Do you think that all worlds can be treated as residential? And do Sims have to take their shoes off, or is it optional?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Felice_Enellen you're right about the chopsticks
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Dannydanbo oh, yes, I would love more sizes than just the 2x, that would be so awesome!
    @stilljustme2 can you use the digital sketchpad to paint from reference? I hardly ever use that object. I wish that sims could sit on the floor to use laptops, they do not seem very portable really when you need a surface to use one.

You can do any of the painting styles normally available on an easel -- using it doesn't count for either the home work assignment to Create Paintings, or maybe it's the aspiration assignment (I should check that once my Sims have enough money to afford one; just moved them to a new apartment in the Arts Quarter because they got tired of the mice and the roaches in their Needs TLC place in the Spice District) but I know there's a mod at MTS that fixes that.

Yeah, you need a surface for the laptops, but it doesn't have to be a desk; I had a Sim in Sulani and they just pulled it out at their kitchen table. :D If you're at the park you might be able to use a picnic table; I should give that a test sometime.
    Post edited by stilljustme2 on
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

Ooops, they took it down. Somebody managed to read it whole? I've read about two new aspirations, festivals and a brief mention that all worlds can now be treated as vacation (but no details) and now it's gone...

Some new festivals, one for children which includes void critter hunting (like pokemon go), a festival of lights and I can't remember the other one.

You can go hiking as a proper group activity, up to four sims, one is the leader and you get options and such (chance cards maybe, I can't remember exactly).

New weather is thundersnow storms where you can get caught in storms - this is covered in the blog post.

So all worlds can be treated as vacation worlds. But can all worlds be treated as residential?

yes except granite falls, the star wars one and selvadorada
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2020
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    This is looking so good now.. I am pleased that vacation worlds will be in all worlds and was wondering as swimming in the lake was added to this world if they will open up the ability to swim in other worlds too.. I like the way there appears to be plenty of activities for kids and hiking is a group experience. I cannot wait for the Livestream :)

I'm already thinking where I want to put some vacation homes; I might restore The Old Salt House to a residential lot (currently it's a bowling alley/lounge) in the San Myshuno Spice District for family vacations, and do a studio penthouse for a vacationing couple in the Arts Quarter. And I'll evict Catarina Lynx and her brood of cats to Not in World population so I can have her house in Brindleton Bay for honeymooners; someone did a great conversion of the Salty Paws bar into a restaurant which will be handy for vacationers. :) Now just have to decide which house(s) in Sulani will be rentals...I'd like to have one as sort of an eco-retreat (my ophthalmologist told me about one he took his girlfriend to for her birthday -- well, at least he's technically single... B) ) using some of the EL lot traits and solar/wind generators.

Adding open water swimming to other worlds might be a bit tricky at this point just because of the existence of multiple save files that they'd have no access to change. Maybe they could do it but it would be for new game saves only. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    dsef wrote: »

So all worlds can be treated as vacation worlds. But can all worlds be treated as residential?

I’m still hoping that they will allow Granite Falls to be residential someday.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    dsef wrote: »

I missed that, Where was that info dropped?
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i read that sentiments will be on patch as well, is it true or they will be pack exclusive?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm much more excited now after reading the information from that leaked page.
  • Options
    Felice_EnellenFelice_Enellen Posts: 102 Member
    edited October 2020
    It just occurred to me that the locals at Mt. Komorebi probably use honorifics when speaking politely to each other..

🙋‍♀️ — "Dag dag, Tauni-sim!"

"Dag dag, Furisu-sim!" — 🙋‍♂️

I like this idea. :blush:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top