Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    No trailer 😭
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    looks like we're gong to have options to keep them doors open or close.

Why do they always make wall lights so ginormous? Look at the size of that thing next to the sim's head!

Outdoor lights can be larger as they need to spread the light out further. I find myself often enlarging the lights next to a front door to give them more of an impression. When they normal sized they tend to get lost in the build.

I wish they had more scales than 2X with every click. Sometimes I want something just a little bit bigger, not twice or four times the size.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    It still smacks of "vacation world" to me. Like how a rich family may have a holiday home they retreat to.
    Is that a bad thing?

@elanorbreton I'm just thinking of how often I use the vacation world in Outdoor Retreat (like, never). Mind you, I bought Discover University on release day and, to date, have sent just one sim to university. :)

I've used Granite Falls (Outdoor Retreat) for my artists, especially once easels became portable and we got the electronic sketchpad; it's a great place for Paint from Reference paintings to decorate my Sims' houses. (I can see my artists frequenting Mr. Komorebi for the same reason.) Now that we have the laptops I should start sending my writers there as well, and maybe photographers to get some good landscape shots. And I've only played one Sim at University (she met her husband there) but my current household is a couple of teens on their own in a ratty San Myshuno apartment so they're not ready for university just yet. That reminds me though that I need to do some sprucing up of Granite Falls for my template save (plus the current save); I usually add a restaurant on the campground lot since camping is really iffy with Seasons now, and I replace a couple of the cabins with other venues (a bar/bowling alley and a spa) since I only really need one small and one large cabin for my vacationers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

I've promised myself not to get involved with CC until the game is no longer being constantly updated -- but if someone makes an adult version of that hat I may have to eat my words. :D (Edited because of the humorless censor.)

You mean like this?
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-accessories-male-hats/title/sim-who-s-fez/id/1318188/
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'd love if they were updated to put fish in though. Or sharks.
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

Are you hoping for a bit of danger in a serene setting?

First there's @LiELF talking about sims being boiled alive in the hot springs, now they're getting bitten in half when fishing for koi 😆

Get Famous came with the Luminary's Exotic Water Garden, a pond object that you could place on your lot and stock with Koi, Sprites, Piranha or sharks. Your sim can watch them, play with them, feed them or jump in and swim with them. But, when standing on the side, there is a possibility that your sim could fall in and be eaten. I love that pond almost as much as I love my sims woohooing in the walk-in money vault.

Wow, I have that pack and didn't even know that. I need to seek it out and plop it down in many places!

I knew about it but have just never used it. Yesterday I started going through the entire catalog to make note of stuff I've never used.

Just curious, how much of "never used" you found? :)

So far from the Skills and Activities Category:
    Luminary's Exotic Water Garden, The Flower Arranging Table, Robotics Workstation, The Street Store and Entrepreneur's Table, Pumpkin Carving Station, Woodworking Table, Beach Towel, Patchy, Backyard Observatory, Scouting Badge Board, Violin, Center Stage Performance Space, DJ Booth, Mix Master Music Station, Celestial Crystal Crown, Styling Station, Stage Effects Control Desk, Outrigger Canoe, Aqua Zip, Vertical Garden, Dew Collector, Power Generator, Water Generator, Drone, Video Station

Wow, violin is on this list! Sooo many of my Sims play violin!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It still smacks of "vacation world" to me. Like how a rich family may have a holiday home they retreat to.
    Is that a bad thing?

@elanorbreton I'm just thinking of how often I use the vacation world in Outdoor Retreat (like, never). Mind you, I bought Discover University on release day and, to date, have sent just one sim to university. :)

I've used Granite Falls (Outdoor Retreat) for my artists, especially once easels became portable and we got the electronic sketchpad; it's a great place for Paint from Reference paintings to decorate my Sims' houses. (I can see my artists frequenting Mr. Komorebi for the same reason.) Now that we have the laptops I should start sending my writers there as well, and maybe photographers to get some good landscape shots. And I've only played one Sim at University (she met her husband there) but my current household is a couple of teens on their own in a ratty San Myshuno apartment so they're not ready for university just yet. That reminds me though that I need to do some sprucing up of Granite Falls for my template save (plus the current save); I usually add a restaurant on the campground lot since camping is really iffy with Seasons now, and I replace a couple of the cabins with other venues (a bar/bowling alley and a spa) since I only really need one small and one large cabin for my vacationers.

@stilljustme2 Yes, I once had an artist paint landmarks in Windenburg for home decorations. The one sim I had go to university also met her boyfriend there. Great minds think alike!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Dannydanbo oh, yes, I would love more sizes than just the 2x, that would be so awesome!
    @stilljustme2 can you use the digital sketchpad to paint from reference? I hardly ever use that object. I wish that sims could sit on the floor to use laptops, they do not seem very portable really when you need a surface to use one.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I missed this so thought I'd post for anyone else who'd missed it also.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and Maxis™ today announced that The Sims™ 4 Snowy Escapeis coming to PC and Mac via Origin™ and Steam, and to Xbox One and PlayStation®4 systems on November 13. The 10th expansion pack introduces the majestic and serene world of Mt. Komorebi, a new location for Sims looking for a getaway from their everyday lives or a new dream home. The Japanese-inspired world offers a variety of activities for Sims to enjoy, from unwinding in the mountain’s onsen bathhouse, meditating on mindful walks or testing their limits with exciting, and sometimes dangerous sports activities like skiing, snowboarding and rock climbing.

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201020005847/en/

“The Sims team is constantly exploring new ways Simmers can play with life, and The Sims 4 Snowy Escape will offer them the freedom to choose their own adventures in the new world of Mt. Komorebi,” said Graham Nardone, Producer of The Sims 4 Snowy Escape. “Whether Sims want to hit the slopes and go on daring excursions on the mountain, prefer to unwind with scenic hikes and indulge in a day of relaxation, or even build their new dream home, this expansion pack provides something for everyone to enjoy.”

The first world in The Sims 4 to introduce both residential homes and rental lots for vacationers, Mt. Komorebi offers three new primary neighborhoods for Sims to take their dream vacation or make the winter locale their home. Players can look forward to more than 130 new Create a Sim items to create various looks to keep their Sims warm and stylish including winter activity wear and both modern everyday and traditional Japanese-inspired fashion. In addition, the expansion pack offers traditional and modern furniture options for players to design their sanctuary, with unique architectural styles and pieces including shoji doors, windows and screens, tatami mats and paper lanterns. Players can also add extra touches to create their very own oasis, like koi for decorative fountains and a rock garden under the shade of Japanese maple trees.

Sims will discover snow fun for everyone on Mt. Komorebi, including a multitude of high-energy winter sports, where they can tear up the snowy slopes with skiing, snowboarding, and sledding. The bravest of Sims can build up their rock climbing skills to conquer the daring and treacherous climb to reach Mt. Komorebi’s peak. Those who prefer to take a more laid back approach can enjoy relaxing hiking trails with beautiful, scenic views of the mountain and bamboo forests, soak their problems away in the natural hot springs or indulge in new foods and drinks including tasty hot pot around the kotatsu table.

The Sims 4 Snowy Escape also introduces Lifestyles and Sentiments features, adding more depth to Sims’ personalities and relationships. For the first time, up to 16 Lifestyles will manifest in response to a Sim’s actions and habits, changing their behaviors significantly more than Create a Sim traits as they reflect a Sim’s lived experiences. Sentiments represent how two Sims can feel differently about the outcome of a shared experience and have a lasting impact on Sims’ relationships to each other, affecting their social interactions.

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Bundle-Up-For-The-Ultimate-Winter-Getaway-In-The-Sims-4-Snowy-Escape-Available-November-13/default.aspx
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Thank you for sharing this! I wasn't too excited when Snowy Escape was announced, but I'm actually excited for it now. I can't wait for the gameplay trailer and livestream. :)
    He/Him
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm excited for vending machines! 😄 I'm going to place them in some of my existing community lots. My bowling alley, skating rink, laundromat and arcade.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I missed this so thought I'd post for anyone else who'd missed it also.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and Maxis™ today announced that The Sims™ 4 Snowy Escapeis coming to PC and Mac via Origin™ and Steam, and to Xbox One and PlayStation®4 systems on November 13. The 10th expansion pack introduces the majestic and serene world of Mt. Komorebi, a new location for Sims looking for a getaway from their everyday lives or a new dream home. The Japanese-inspired world offers a variety of activities for Sims to enjoy, from unwinding in the mountain’s onsen bathhouse, meditating on mindful walks or testing their limits with exciting, and sometimes dangerous sports activities like skiing, snowboarding and rock climbing.

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201020005847/en/

“The Sims team is constantly exploring new ways Simmers can play with life, and The Sims 4 Snowy Escape will offer them the freedom to choose their own adventures in the new world of Mt. Komorebi,” said Graham Nardone, Producer of The Sims 4 Snowy Escape. “Whether Sims want to hit the slopes and go on daring excursions on the mountain, prefer to unwind with scenic hikes and indulge in a day of relaxation, or even build their new dream home, this expansion pack provides something for everyone to enjoy.”

The first world in The Sims 4 to introduce both residential homes and rental lots for vacationers, Mt. Komorebi offers three new primary neighborhoods for Sims to take their dream vacation or make the winter locale their home. Players can look forward to more than 130 new Create a Sim items to create various looks to keep their Sims warm and stylish including winter activity wear and both modern everyday and traditional Japanese-inspired fashion. In addition, the expansion pack offers traditional and modern furniture options for players to design their sanctuary, with unique architectural styles and pieces including shoji doors, windows and screens, tatami mats and paper lanterns. Players can also add extra touches to create their very own oasis, like koi for decorative fountains and a rock garden under the shade of Japanese maple trees.

Sims will discover snow fun for everyone on Mt. Komorebi, including a multitude of high-energy winter sports, where they can tear up the snowy slopes with skiing, snowboarding, and sledding. The bravest of Sims can build up their rock climbing skills to conquer the daring and treacherous climb to reach Mt. Komorebi’s peak. Those who prefer to take a more laid back approach can enjoy relaxing hiking trails with beautiful, scenic views of the mountain and bamboo forests, soak their problems away in the natural hot springs or indulge in new foods and drinks including tasty hot pot around the kotatsu table.

The Sims 4 Snowy Escape also introduces Lifestyles and Sentiments features, adding more depth to Sims’ personalities and relationships. For the first time, up to 16 Lifestyles will manifest in response to a Sim’s actions and habits, changing their behaviors significantly more than Create a Sim traits as they reflect a Sim’s lived experiences. Sentiments represent how two Sims can feel differently about the outcome of a shared experience and have a lasting impact on Sims’ relationships to each other, affecting their social interactions.

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Bundle-Up-For-The-Ultimate-Winter-Getaway-In-The-Sims-4-Snowy-Escape-Available-November-13/default.aspx

cool so looking forward to it also thank you for such a nice thread @simgirl1010 the more nice threads the better
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited October 2020
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited October 2020
    Was that Victor Feng I saw? I'll have to remember to update his wardrobe with that when exploring this pack. :blush:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    wE CAN SWIM IN THE LAKE SDJKJSJK IM CRYING

y'all got bread?
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited October 2020
    look at this toddler on a sled omg so cute pls

videoplayback-2-108.jpg
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    look at this toddler on a sled omg so cute pls

videoplayback-2-108.jpg

This pleases me. The family I'm planning to play the expansion with for the first time had themselves an autonomous try for baby and now it looks like they will be taking a toddler with them on their vacation. :D
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I am so excited for the Lifestyles and Sentiments.. I'm also really excited for all the Japanese culture and the world looks incredibly beautiful. Also read that kids will be able to join and participate in void critter hunts! So cute. I can't wait to take the little toddlers and kids sledding and I am so stinkin' happy that kids can ski and snowboard on the smaller trails!
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited October 2020

Ooops, they took it down. Somebody managed to read it whole? I've read about two new aspirations, festivals and a brief mention that all worlds can now be treated as vacation (but no details) and now it's gone...

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited October 2020
    Harukotyan wrote: »

Ooops, they took it down. Somebody managed to read it whole? I've read about two new aspirations, festivals and a brief mention that all worlds can now be treated as vacation (but no details) and now it's gone...

It said that vacations in any world will be in the prepatch. It talked about a childrens festival with a void critter hunt and toddlers making the little paper hats whose name I have forgotten but they look adorable. An ice festival. A light festival with lights sailing down the river. And another festival I forgot.

The deaths were death by vending machine and death from climbing while the mountain is ice covered.

It talked about a new weather condition which was a severe snow storm with lightening.

It went in to a little more detail about the personality changes. It gave a sim holding a grudge and remembering it when they meet that sim again, which would effect their behaviour, as an example. Also that spending quality time with family would be remembered and they might miss them more for a while afterwards.

Children will now be able to have school uniforms.
    Your sim will have a choose which eating utensils to use, forks, chopsticks and others.
    Sims will take off their shoes when going inside.

Mountain climbing will be an event. You choose I think it said up to 4 sims, with one being the leader. It had other little details and mentioned the chance of risky weather goes up and you get further up the mountain. Oh it mentioned base camps on the way so it might be quite a long climb!.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top